- Text Size +
Chapter 12

“ So what are you going to do for your birthday?” Christine asked as I began putting up my charts and left a note for Claudia and the new nurse that started last week.
“ A friend is taking me out to dinner tonight, that is one reason why I’m working the day shift today and I have the next three days off too.” I said just as Claudia and Sue Ellen came walking up to the desk.
“ Oh really well I do hope that you have a great dinner and Happy Birthday.” Christine said as Claudia came over and sat down at the desk and pulled out her duty sheet for the night.
“ Happy Birthday Gillian so what are you doing for your birthday tonight.” Claudia asked as she looked up at me as Sue Ellen sat down too and began looking at her duty sheet too.
“ Like I told Christine, I have a friend who is taking me out to dinner.” I said getting up and picking up my small bag.
“ Oh cool well I hope that you have a great time and see you in a few days then.” Claudia said as she pulled out her charts and began looking through them.
“ Ok you guys have a great night, and see you guys on Monday.” I said before heading over to the elevators.
Once I got home for work I made a bee line for the bathroom and jumped into the shower and began getting ready to go out to dinner.
“ Coming!” I said as I finished putting on my shoes.
I got to the door and opened it up and saw Nick standing there with a present in his hand.
“ Happy Birthday Gillian and are you ready for dinner.” Nick said as he came into the house.
“ Why thank you and yes I’m ready, Nick really didn’t have to get me anything, and thank you so much.” I said as I took the present from him and let him inside the house.
“ You’re welcome, I know but I wanted to get you a little something besides dinner.” He said in a very shy way.
I nodded and we walked into the living room where I sat down on the couch and open the box.
Inside the box was a beautiful ruby and diamond bracelet.
“ Oh MY! Nick it’s beautiful thank you.” I said getting up and coming over to him and giving him a kiss.
“ Your welcome, here let me help you with that.” He said taking the bracelet from me and I held out my left arm so he could put the bracelet on it.
Once the bracelet was in place I stretched out my arm and looked at it closer and saw how it sparkled in the light.
“ Well we better get going if we want to make it to dinner in time.” I said grabbing the small bag and we headed out the front door.
Thrity minutes later we pulled into the parking lot and found a spot somewhat close, we walked into the restaurant and up to the podium that had a couple standing in front of it as they waited for the host or hostess.
“ Hello and how many?” the guy asked as we came up to the podium as the couple in front of us went off with the hostess.
“ Yes I have a reservation for Carter.” Nick said giving the guy his last name.
“ Ok please follow me Mr. Carter.” The host said as he grabbed two menus.
We followed him and he lead us to somewhat closer to the back of the restaurant so that it wasn’t to crowded and loud.
We sat down and began going through what was on the menu when our waiter came over and took our drink order.
“ Why do I have a feeling that you have something else in mind.” I said putting down my menu.
“ Um… well in away I do have something I want to ask you and I really want you to think about it before giving me your answer.” He said as he looked at me over his menu.
“ Oh I see, and what do you want to ask me?” I asked as the waiter came back with our drinks.
We gave him order dinner orders and then Nick surprised me by taking a hold of my hands.
“ I want to really thank you for everything that you have done for me, and in this small mount of time I have found myself having stronger feelings for you, it first started out as friends, but now it has turned into something more. What I want to say is I love you Gillian and would you be my girlfriend?” he asked as he looked straight into my eyes.
“ Oh My! And you know what like you my feelings have changed for you too, as it went from friends to love, and I love you too Nick.” I said as I looked into his eyes too, and tears began coming to my eyes.
“ Really, and like said earlier I will let you think about it, and I won’t rush you either.” He said as he looked down at our hands.
“ Thanks I really like that, and there really isn’t anything to think to about, yes Nick I will be your girlfriend.” I said giving him a huge smile.
Well after dinner we headed back over to my house and after a nice hot bath together, we made it to my bed, where Nick made slow and very passionate love to me, and afterwards we cuddled up in each others arms and falling sound asleep.