- Text Size +
Chapter 2

“ Ok mom, I will. I’m heading to the hospital to have lunch with my friend Rachel. I’ve had the past two days off. I will pick up daddy’s cake on the way back to the house. Ok I love you too.” I said as I turned into the parking deck of the hospital.
“ Ok, you don’t have to Mary had picked it up, well we’ll see you at dinner then, Love you.” Mom said as her youngest daughter came into the room with the birthday cake.
“ Oh ok. Well I’m here at the hospital so I’ll see you guys later tonight then.” I said before hanging up my phone.
Getting out of the car I made my way to the ICU.
“ Hey Gillian, I didn’t expect you to be here.” Christine said as she looked up from the chart that she was working on.
“ Hey Christine. Rachel and I are going to have lunch today. Who is that?” I asked as a girl came off the elevator and headed into Nick’s room.
“ Oh her, that’s the girlfriend, and let me tell you what, she is a real bitch too.” Christine said as she leaned back some so that way she could see the girl, who went into the room.
“ Oh, Hey Rachel are you ready to go and it’s your turn to pick the lunch place too.” I said as I turned away from the girl as Rachel came back to the desk.
“ Yeah, I’m ready to go, let me guess the bitch is here.” Rachel said as she picked up one of her charts and wrote something down in it.
“ Yeah she is back. I really don’t know why Ron hasn’t thrown her out of the room yet? You know a scene will start soon.” Christine said as she looked down at her watch.
“ Who is Ron?” I asked being some what confused on what is going on.
“ Oh, yesterday Nick’s people sent over a bodyguard just in case his fans deiced to sneak up here to see him.” Christine said as she got up and picked up her two charts that she was working on.
“ Oh I see, man I miss all the fun when I’m off.” I said as the elevator’s bell dinged and two girls got off the elevator and they made their way to Nick’s room.
I did recognized them as two of Nick’s sisters, so I knew that they were going to fine being here.
“ Gillian can you come with me for a moment. I need to introduce you to Ron and then later tonight Marcus should be here, he will be the one that you will be seeing.” Christine said as she lead me to Nick’s room.
“ So he will be here before I come on duty or will Ron still be here?” I asked as Christine tapped on the door before entering the room.
“ Both of them should be here just like you and me, before our shift change. Hello guys, I want to introduced to you guys the night nurse, who will be looking after Nick tomorrow night and for the rest of the week. Gillian this is Ron, Ron this is Gillian.” Christine said as we stopped in the middle of the room.
“ Hello Gillian, it’s great to meet you.” Ron said getting up from the chair that he was sitting in.
“ Hello Ron, and it’s nice to meet you too. And it’s also nice to meet you, Angel and BJ too.” I said after shaking Ron’s hand and then turning my attention to Nick’s two sisters.
The two sisters both said a very quiet hello and giving me a small smile, because I knew who they are, and it is them that you have be nice too.
“ What about me Ron, I’m the one she should be talking too.” The girl, who was sitting by the bed and holding Nick’s hand said.
“ Oh yeah, Gillian this is Tiffany and Tiffany this will be Nick’s night nurse.” Ron said as he introduced us.
I did noticed the dirty looks that both Angel and BJ gave Tiffany. I could tell that they really didn’t like her, and from what I hear it’s the sisters that you have to get to know and the ok to date their brothers; but from I can tell here Nick didn’t get their ok and picked this on his own.
The funny thing is I don’t like her either, and I just met her too.
“ Well are you going to say hello to me.” Tiffany said in a very snotty and demanding tone.
“ Oh yeah sorry, it’s nice to meet you too, Tiffany.” I said just as Rachel stuck her head into the room.
“ Hey guys, um Gillian are you ready?” Rachel asked as she stood by the door.
“ Yeah, I’m ready, it was really great meeting all of you, and I’ll see you when I come on duty at 7 pm tomorrow night then.” I said before turning around and heading out of the room.
“ Gillian can I see you after your lunch with Miss Rachel is over.” Ron asked as he followed us over to the nurses’ station.
“ Sure I’ll see you in an hour then.” I said as Christine sat back down at the station and Rachel was heading for the elevators.
Ron just nodded and then made his way back into the room as he closed the door behind him.
“ So where do you want to go for lunch?” Rachel asked me as we stepped onto the elevator.
“ How about that new Italian restaurant that just opened up on Cannel Street?” I said as we headed down to the lobby.
“ That sounds great. You want to know something, I feel bad for both you and Christine.” Rachel said as the elevator stopped and the doors opened up.
“ And why is that?” I said as we looked out the lobby doors and saw a few girls standing there with small get well signs for Nick.
“ Well Tiffany for starters, and then you have to check in with Ron or Marcus every time you come and go from the floor. And you also have to make sure that no-one goes into that room too.” Rachel said as we took the employee elevator that takes us to our parking deck.
“ Yeah I can see that I might have some issues with Tiffany, how she got passed the sisters is beyond me.” I said with a laugh as we walked off the small elevator.
“ What does that mean?” she asked as we headed for my car.
“ I’ll tell you over lunch.” Was all I said as we got into the car and headed for the restaurant.
And hour later I was sitting in the small room that we use for the night shift staff.
“ Here is the list of people that can come into the room, and I will add you to the list also. And as you can see there is also a photo next to the names and also a signature next to the names too.” Ron said as he pointed to the list.
“ Ok, so what do you need from me?” I asked as he handed me my copy of the list.
“ All I need is a copy of your badge and your signature that’s all.” Ron said as we got up, we headed out of the room.
“ Ok we can do that right now if you like.” I said as we walked into the small kitchen area that had a fridge and microwave.
“ That sounds great.” He said grabbing a cup and pouring himself some coffee.
We went over to the desk were I took a piece of paper and he wrote my name down on it and then I signed under the printed name and then we taped the badge down next to the names before going over to the printer and making a few copies before shredding the paper that had my signature on it.
“ We are done here so I’ll you tomorrow then.” Ron said as we stood at the desk next to empty chairs.
“ I’ll come on duty at 7pm and will be here until 7am, when Christine comes on duty.” I said as I saw Ron write down the time I’m on duty.
“ Ok, and just let Marcus know when you leave to go on lunch and a break so that way he can come to the desk.” He said as he headed back to Nick’s room and going inside.
I finally left the hospital and headed home where I got the biggest shock of all.
I walked into the house and went into the kitchen, so I could put my keys on the key hook next to garage door.
Then I began going through my mail, when I heard a bump coming from upstairs.
I went to the bottom step and just stood there listening, and then I heard it again and it was coming from one of my guest rooms.
“ Oh yeah Allen harder baby!” I heard a voice of a girl that was coming from the room on the left.
“ What in the Hell is going on in here!” I said as I opened the bedroom door and caught my boyfriend with the waitress from the restaurant that we went to a couple of nights ago.
“ Damn Gillian!” Allen said as he rolled off the girl.
“ Don’t damn me you bastard you and this slut get the hell out of my house before I call the police.” I said going to his pants and grabbing his keys and pulling my house key off the ring and then throwing the pants at him.
I slammed the door and ran down the stairs and called the lock smith to come over and change my locks.
Allen and the girl came down the stairs and went into the garage to where he had parked his car, I followed him so that way I took the opener from him too.
“ Gill can’t we talk about this?” he began to beg.
“ There really isn’t any thing to talk about, and if you ever come back here I will call the police.” I said as I stood there with tears rolling down my face.
“ Where I’m I suppose to go to?” he asked before starting up his car.
“ Well that is something that you should have thought about before you got caught.” I said as I pushed the button and door opened up.
All he could do was nod knowing I was right.
So he left and all I could do was watch and try to figure out what to do next.
I hit the button again and then went inside the house and just waited for the lock smith and the security people.