- Text Size +
Chapter 20

I woke up to the crashing of the waves and the smell of the ocean breeze coming through the open window.
“ Morning sweetie I brought you a drink, so are you ready of your big day?” mom asked as she came into the bed with a glass of orange juice but I knew that there was something else in the glass with it.
“ Man I really can’t believe that the day has finally come and I can’t wait to become Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter.” I said sitting up and taking the glass from my mom.
“ That’s so great and I can’t my baby is getting married today.” Mom said as tears came to her eyes.
“ Please mom don’t start crying because I’m going to start crying too.” I said as I felt tears coming to my eyes.
“ I’m sorry but I can’t help it, the last of my children are finally grown up and about to start a life of her own that’s all.” Mom said as she wiped a tear from her eye.
“ I know and you know that I will always be your baby.” I said as I felt a tear roll down my cheeks.
Well two hours later with Jennette, Claudia, Christine, Rachel, Lindsey and the groomsmen walked down the isle before me.
When I walked out the door and saw Nick standing at the end of the isle next to the minister tears started welling in my eyes and when he turned and saw me he too teared up.
“ We are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony, and if there is anyone here that ejects to this marriage speak now or forever hold your peace.” The minister started the ceremony.
“ Ok the bride and groom have written their own vows, so I will start with Gillian here, please go ahead with your vow.” The minister said as he nodded towards me.
“ Nick from the moment I saw you I knew that you were going to be the only one for me, and as I sat there next to your bed I prayed for you wake up and see me, an that you would look at me like you looked at the models that you used to date, but that all changed when the day you asked me to be your girl, and that’s when I knew that you loved me for me and because of that I love you with all my heart and soul.” I said as I looked into his eyes and saw the love that he had for me in his eyes.
“ Oh now it’s Nick’s turn to say is vows.” The minister said as he smiled at me and then nodding over to Nick so that he could say what he as to say.
“ While I was in my coma the only thing I kept thinking to myself that when I wake up I hope to find the Angel that kept me grounded here on earth, and I wanted to met the person that I fell in love without even knowing who you were, or what you looked like. But when I came too, my first thought was to find the person who stayed with me when I really needed someone to be with me. And when I came to I couldn’t believe the beautiful person sitting with me, and that’s when I realized that I had to get to know you better. And each day from that day on, I knew that I have fallen deeply in love with you Gillian, and my love for you grows more and more each day, I love you with my heart and soul and I will love you until the day I die.” Nick said as tears started coming to both our eyes.
“ And with the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss your bride.” The minister said as he nodded over to Nick.
After a very long and passionate kiss, the minister looked at both of us and nodded. So Nick and turned around to face our families and friends and we smiling at everyone who was there.
“ It is my pleasure to introduce to you Mr. and Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter.” The minister said just before Nick and I left the alter and headed down the isle.
Five hours later Nick and I were on a plane and heading for a place unknown to have our honeymoon, as I looked out the window of the plane I couldn’t believe that I was about to start my new as Mrs. Nickolas Gene Carter.

The End
2-4-2012