- Text Size +
Chapter 3

“ Evening Marcus, why don’t you go to the on call room and lay down for a little while.” I said coming into the room.
“ It’s ok, I’m fine besides you are still on duty.” Marcus said as he put down the book that he was reading.
“ I have finished my rounds for now and if I’m needed my beeper will go off, and you really do look like you’re about to fall asleep any way. And I will just sit right here next to him ok.” I said coming up to the bed and stood there looking down at Nick.
“ You know you’re right, I will be back in here about two hours. That is when you will start your rounds again.” He gave me a smile and getting from the chair and headed for the door.
“ Ok that sounds find see you in two hours then.” I said before he walked out the room.
“ Hey Nick, I hope that you don’t mind if I sit down right here and keep you company for a couple of hours, before going back to work.” I said sitting down in the chair and then out of the blue I took a hold of his hand and just held it.
The only thing I could do was just sit here and just watched him, and take a closer look at his features of his face, which was looking less swollen from three days ago, when he came here from the ER.
Then out of the blue I began singing Every Time from Britney Spears.
From some where in the deep darkness Nick’s mind woke up.
“ Did I die?” Nick asked himself as he just laid there in the bed.
“ No I’m not dead, because I hurt all over, but I must be because I hear an angel.” He said trying to make sense of what was happening to him, but the only thing that was claiming and easing away the fears was that he had this angel; who was singing to him.
The only thing he could do was fall back into a peaceful sleep as he just laid there listening to Gillian sing to him.
“ Hey girl it’s time for you to do your rounds.” Marcus said as he stepped back into the room two hours later.
“ Ok thanks, did you sleep will.” I asked getting up from the chair and began stretching some.
“ You know as a matter of fact I did slept will, until the alarm went off. Well I’ll see you in a few then.” He said as he took a seat in the chair that he was sitting in earlier.
“ Ok see you soon.” I said just as my beeper went off.
I walked out of the room and headed over to the desk.
“ Hey Gill it seems Mr. Peterson wants something.” Claudia said as she looked over to the green light that was flashing over his door.
“ Great just what I don’t need and that is to be yelled by him.” I said going over to inter com and pushing the button to his room.
“ Where is my nurse.” Yelled Mr. Peterson.
“ This is your nurse and what can I get for you Mr. Peterson?” I asked knowing what it was that he really wanted.
“ I need for you to get me some pain medicine, because that is what I need.” He said as he started to yell some.
“ Ok Mr. Peterson, I need you to claim down some, and I will call for your medication ok.” I said in my most charming voice.
“ Ok just bring it to me as soon as you can.” He said as he started to drift back to sleep.
“ Man Gill that one is a really pain in the butt. Well we better get to our rounds.” Claudia said as she picked up the phone and put in her medication order.
“ Yeah, but he really isn’t all that bad and tomorrow he will be heading up stairs to a private room, so he will be their problem.” I said going over to the medicine room and got the medicines that I needed for my three patients.
“ True, you are very lucky that you get our celebrity patient.” Claudia said as she picked up her four charts.
“ If you say so, man his girlfriend is such a bitch, telling him that they are now over all because she can’t be seen around town without him, and she needs him to be with her so she can get into a couple of the clubs for free.” I said coming out of the room shutting and locking the door behind me.
“ Man that is so wrong, I thought I heard some yelling coming from the room earlier.” Claudia asked as the bell behind her dinged.
“ Yeah, can you say that Tiffany and Nick’s two sisters got into it that’s all.” I said before leaving the station and began making my rounds, but afterwards I went into the back room and laid down for two hours.