- Text Size +
Chapter 4

“ Gillian do you believe Nick will ever wake up from his coma?” Angel asked as she looked over her menu.
“ To be really honest with you Angel, I’m not sure, but the only thing we can do is just pray.” I said putting down the menu and taking a hold of Angel’s hand and held it.
“ Thanks Gillian, you are the only one who seems to be honest and true full, and that is the only thing we can do, and it’s really up to Nick right?” she said as our waitress came over to the table.
“ Hello, I’m Betty and I will be serving you today. What can I get you to drink?” Betty said as she stood there waiting to take our drink order.
“ Hey, I would like to have sweet tea pleas oh yeah with a lemon too.” I said letting go of Angel’s hands and picking up my menu.
“ Ok sweet tea with lemon, and for you miss.” Betty turned towards Angel.
“ I will have a coke with a lime please.” Angel said as she just looked up from the menu that her hands where laying on.
“ Ok that’s a coke with a lime, and sweet tea with a lemon. I will be back in a minute with your drinks and I’ll take your orders.” Betty said before turning away and headed over to the bar.
“ Thanks, I do try to be honest with the family who’s love ones are under my care, so what do you do Angel, I know that your two brothers are singers, and a sister too.” I said finally deicing on what I wanted to eat for lunch.
“ That’s a great thing to do and I know families like that. I have boutique that me and a couple of friends own. Yeah Leslie is a singer, she does what sounds to me punk rock, but it’s alternative rock, but Nick always told her that she has the voice for country. Then there is my twin Aaron, and he is a singer too.” Angel said as Betty came back with our drinks.
“ Here you go, are you guys ready to order now?” Betty said as she put our drinks down in front of us.
“ I would like to have the chicken sandwich please and a bake potato instead of fries please.” Angel said as she closed her menu.
“ Ok and for you Ms?” Betty asked as she turned my way.
“ I will have the same thing but I would like to have onion rings instead of the potatoes.” I said closing my menu.
“ Ok that’s two chicken sandwiches, on with a bake potato and the other with onion rings.” Betty said as she repeated our orders, and we nodded yes to that orders.
After lunch Angel headed back to the hospital and I headed head home so I could lay down and take a two hour nap before I had to head into work.
“ Thank goodness tonight is very quiet.” Claudia said as she sat down next to me at the nurses’ station.
“ Me too, I’m going to go and get something to eat from the store, do you want me to pick you up something?” I asked getting up and heading to our locker room.
“ No I’m fine thanks.” Claudia said as Marcus came out of the room and headed over to the small kitchen area to get some coffee.
I walked into the room and changed into my outside clothes and shoes before leaving the floor.
“ Hey Marcus, I’m going out for dinner, so is there anything I can get for you?” I asked coming out of the room and saw him fixing his coffee.
“ Ok then I’ll see you soon then. No thanks I’m fine.” He said before taking a sip of his coffee.
I just nodded and grabbed my small bag before heading for the elevators. I got down to the lobby and walked out the door only to see a couple of BSB fans standing in the small court yard.
“ Excuse me but do you work here?” one of the girls asked me.
“ Um… yes I do work here.” I said trying to walk to the employee parking lot.
“ Do you know anything about Nick Carter?” the girl asked as she tried to follow me to the parking lot.
“ Sorry I don’t know any thing about that person.” I said walking very quickly so that I can get away from the girl.
I got to my car and got in; pulling out of the parking deck I headed off to the store so I could pick up some baked chicken.
“ Hey Gillian what can I get for you tonight?” Frank asked as he came up to the counter.
“ Hey Frank, I would like to have some potato salad and your super duper hot wings and half of the back chicken too please.” I said looking at the hot wings.
“ Ok and what size on the salad, and how many wings?” Frank asked getting the tongs ready for the wings.
“ I will take all of the wings and half a pint of potatoes please.” I said picking up a small package of Hawaiian Rolls.
“ Ok and I will add my special sauce on the wings.” Frank said as he began putting the wings into a large tub.
“ Ok that sounds great.” I said putting the rolls into the small basket.
Frank nodded and went over to the area that held a few hot pots, he lifted the lid to one of the pots and poured two ladles full of the sauce, so I could add more to the wings or pour over the bake chicken.
Once I got my things from the deli area, I headed over to the bakery over to get me something sweet to eat.
Once I got all my things I headed home, so that way I could eat my dinner in peace.
But little did I know that I was missing all the action that was going on in Nick’s room.
“ Code Blue, Code Blue!” was being called out, Claudia an another nurse along with Dr. Patrick Hatley raced into the room.
They worked feverish to get Nick’s heart start beating again. Two minutes later of working on him they got his heart beating again and got him stable again.
“ Hey I’m back, um what’s going on?” I asked as I saw Dr. Patrick Hatley sitting down in one of the chairs and was writing in Nick’s chart.
“ Your patient Mr. Carter, well his heart stopped and we had to bring him back from the dead.” Dr. Hatley said as he looked up from the chart.
“ Oh My God! I’m so sorry for not being here, but he was doing fine when I left for dinner.” I said starting to feel guilty for leaving the hospital.
“ Gillian please don’t go blaming yourself. He is fine for now so all we can do is make sure this doesn’t do it again.” Patrick said as he gave me a warm smile to let me know that every thing was going to be ok.
I just nodded and headed for the locker room and put on my scrubs from earlier.
Two hours before getting off for my three days off; I called Kasy, who works with will began working with me at nights.
After walking into the house I hopped into the shower and got ready for bed.