- Text Size +
Chapter One

They had just finished off the last night of this leg of the tour, everyone was getting ready to fly home for the holidays, and they would come back together in two months to start the other leg of the tour. He slowly walked back to his hotel room wishing he was able to fly out that night but there where no flights available for him to take from Houston to Nashville that night so he was stuck for the night. He pulled his key card out of his pocket and slid it into the hotel room lock and pushed it open when he heard the lock click. He slowly walked into the room not bothering to turn on a light, knowing that he was just going to climb into bed so he could get up for his early morning flight. He walked past the bathroom and suddenly heard a swooshing sound through the air as he felt something connect with the back of his head. Before he could even make a sound he was falling to the ground unconcious, never knowing what had happened.

Brian Littrell came walking out of his hotel room the next morning pulling a small carry on bag with him. He knew he was the last one leaving this morning for the airport because the rest of the guys took earlier flights so he just made his way down the hallway not bothering to stop and say goodbye to anyone. As he got off the elevator Mike his security guard was waiting for him, "you ready to go," he asked.

"Yeah, did all the other guys get off fine?" Brian asked as he followed Mike out towards where the taxi's waited.

"I know Kevin, Howie, and AJ did. But I think Lon was having a hard time finding Nick this morning. It looks like he ditched his security detail again."

"Doesn't he do that all of the time? So no one knows if he got on the plane or not?"

"I don't know, Lon is looking into that, he isn't very happy about this either since he was supposed to get to fly home after he made sure Nick got on the plane safe."

"And he's supposed to be on the plane so he isn't answering his phone?"

"Yep, Lon might kill him for this one. So you are headed home to Atlanta, are you sure you don't want me to come with?"

"I am sure Mike, I have flown home by myself plenty of times, I will be fine. You need to go home and enjoy time with your family."

"Mike," he said as he answered his ringing phone. "Uh--huh... you are sure... okay start calling the car rental places... also call and see if they can track his phone... did you try Lauren's number... uh-huh... okay call me if you find out anything."

"What's going on?" Brian asked as Mike ended the phone call.

"Nick never got on the plane."

"So what is Lon doing?"

"He is making some phone calls to see if he rented a car, and he is also trying to get a hold of Lauren to see if she had heard from him."

"So we have no clue where Nick is right now?"

"No, but you know he willl pop up, he always does this shit."

"Did Lon check his hotel room, maybe he over slept."

"He did that this morning when he didn't show up downstairs for his meet up time. He said the room was empty and there was no sign of Nick."

"Maybe I should stay here and help find him," Brian said playing with his phone.

"No, you know he will show up, go home spend time with your family. By the time you land we will have found him."

"Okay, what are you going to do?"

"I am going to head back to the hotel and meet up with Lon and see if I can help him find Nick." Mike said as the taxi pulled up to the curb at the airport.

"Call me as soon as you find him," Brian said as he grabbed his bag and headed into the airport.