- Text Size +
Nick ended up going jogging like he said he would, so while he was gone, Lauren went to work. She didn't want to mess with his car like Carrie Underwood, no....she knew what would teach him a lesson.


Nick was not the type of man who cared about his car anyway...he was a gamer. His brand new X Box sat on the couch in the living room with a copy of Call Of Duty on the table. It was then when she got the idea.

"Hey, baby. You're home early."

"Don't look so surprised," she snapped.

Nick looked puzzled, rubbing the back of his head.

"What's wrong?"

Lauren stood and began pacing. Nick shifted uncomfortably like he always did when she caught him doing something he shouldn't.

"Anything that you'd like to tell me?" Lauren asked.

"No."

"I know what you have been up to. You think I am stupid, when you say you're home exercising and you don't."

Nick sat down and chuckled.

"Why are you so mad? People do this stuff all the time."

Lauren felt her anger come back, how could he be so casual about it?

"Are you fucking kidding me, Nick?" she hissed.

"Honestly it isn't that big of a deal, I have done it almost every day this week." Nick said without batting an eye. He didn't change his expression, and she was livid.

"How could you do this after you promised you wouldn't!"

Nick had no idea what she was talking about.

"I didn't think you would make such a big deal."


Lauren was floored, he just didn't seem to care about her feelings at all, she kept eyeing the game console, and he finally noticed, walking over to her.

"Baby, I think you are overreacting a bit. Let's go for a swim and then have a talk once you calm down. That will be nice, right?" Nick said, putting an arm over her shoulder. She pushed him away.

"Boose?"

"I am gonna make sure you don't cheat again." she said, picking the box containing the game console and walking over to the window. Nick's eyes went wide as he realized what she was doing.

"Please....that was really hard to get. Don't fucking do it."

Lauren lifted the box and tossed it out, it landed with a deafening splash.

"I can't believe you!" Nick yelled, looking hurt.

"You can't believe me? You're an asshole.....you fucking lied to me and cheated, which one is worse?" Lauren said, walking away as Nick watched her in disbelief.

"Honestly I would have shared it with you if you wanted some,"

"Excuse me?"

"It was really good. I couldn't help, one taste and I was addicted...I couldn't stop."

Lauren looked disgusted.

"You're sick."

"It's just pizza." he said casually, walking past her. Lauren followed, highly confused by what he said.

"Pizza? But I....and you...."

"I cheated on my diet and you caught me, but don't you think that was a bit much? I mean you acted like I slept with someone or some shit." Nick laughed. She laughed too and felt humiliated...but let him think that. She even bought him another Xbox.

What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him, right?