- Text Size +
Chapter 1
At around midnight I was nursing my second drink of the night when this gorgeous woman walked in. She was average height with medium length dark brown hair, brown eyes, a short black leather skirt that barely left you using your imagination, also a button up black halter top and thigh high black boot. When she walked in all eyes seem to be drawn to her. As she walked over to the bar she stood there a moment before leaning against it. After ordering her drink she turned around and placed both her arms on the counter. I couldn’t help myself from staring at her. She was beautiful.

I had looked away for a moment to lift up my glass when I saw that she of all people was walking over to my table. “Do you mind if I sit?” She asked smiling. I was staring at her so hard that I was now at a lose of words. Me, not able to speak was too far fetch. Of all my years I have never had trouble talking to women but she some how was different. She was mysterious. I nodded my head. She placed her glass down and took a seat next to me. “You’re new around her aren’t you?” I nodded again as she smiled. God even her smile is beautiful. “Do you talk?” She asked taking a sip of her drink. “Ah huh.” “Well it’s a start.” She smiled again. “Name’s Allison, I’m the owner of ‘Black Out’. How do you like it?” I swallowed before speaking. “I like it. It’s different out of the other Night Clubs around.” I said taking a drink. “So do you have a name or am I just going to have to call you ‘Gorgeous?” I almost spit my drink out at what she had called me. “Sorry. My friends call me AJ but you can call me Alex.”

Allison and I sat and talked for awhile. With in that short few hours I think I know her whole life story from beginning to end. It was know going on four-thirty am when I glanced at my watch. “Wow look at the time. I should be going now.” I stood up and extended my hand. “It was great getting to know you Allison.” I said as she placed her hand in mine. “It was my pleasure. We should do this again. This time outside the Club.” “Yeah that sounds great.” I said as we both walked to the entrance. “Well it was nice talking to you.” I said leaning in to place a light kiss on her cheek. “I’ll see you around.” I grabbed the door when she placed her hand on my shoulder. “Alex.” I turned to look at her. “Here’s my cell number. Call me.” I nodded. “Sure.” Then of course I handed her mine before leaving.

Few nights later I was sitting around the house with a few of my friends. We were trying to watch a basketball game when I started feeling eyes on me. “Dude what?” “Are you okay? You don’t seem like you’re all there.” “Brian I’m fine. I’m just really into the game that’s all.” “That’s because he’s in looove.” “Shut the fuck up Nick! I’m not in love!” I said snapping. “Then why is it the last few days you’ve been singing in the shower and smelling really nice?” Nick asked. Brian shot him a questioning look. “What?” He asked back at him. “Singing in the shower? Smelling really nice?” “Well he has.” “How in the world would you know?” “It’s kind of hard not to know when you have to walk past his room and he leave his door open for everyone to see. And with the smell? Well you have been putting it on kind of strong lately.” “Sorry I guess I’ll put less on.” I said rolling my eyes.

During the half time of the game I got up to grab another drink when my cell rang. “AJ here. Talk to me.” “Is this Alex?” “This is. Who’s calling?” “Allison.” “Yeah hey. What can I do for you?” “I was just wondering if you would like to get together later?” “Yeah sure what time?” “How about... one hour... your place?” “How about down by the beach out back?” “You live off the ocean?” “Sure do. I’ll bring the stuff. You just bring yourself.” “Okay then. I’ll see you out back. I’ll see you soon.” We said out byes then I placed my cell back in my pocket before heading back into the kitchen. “Yo Jay, bring me a beer before you leave the kitchen!” Nick yelled from the other room. “Get it yourself I’m kind of busy.” I said looking for my champagne glasses. “What are you doing?” Kevin asked from the doorway. “I’ve got a date.” “Now? We’re kind of in the middle of a hot game.” I looked up at him from the cabinet. “I know. University of Kentucky is winning. UK 32 to Florida 18. I still can’t understand how you and Brian got me to watch College basketball at my place.” I said rolling my eyes. “Because you lost the bet. Besides the next game is at my house?” “Well enjoy the rest of the game.. I’m going out.” I said placing the glasses and the chilled champagne on the counter before running upstairs.

After getting to my room I headed over to the closet to find the beach blanket and a few candles. I placed them on the bed before heading back to the closet to change. I throw on a clean pair of jeans, a black wife beater and a dark blue button up shirt. After I was dressed I touched up my black nail polish; put on fresh eyeliner then fixed my hair. As I was standing at the mirror I heard someone clearing their throat. “Man you’re worse then my wife.” Brian said. “Jesus Christ Bri you scared the shit out of me!” I yelled. “Don’t use the Lords name in vain.” He said walking in. “Kev said you’re heading out. Hot date?” “You could say.” “So where did ya meet her?” “Some Club the other night.” “Will we get to meet her?” He asked sitting down on my bed. “I don’t know. Maybe.” “Does she have a name?” “What are you doing?” I asked sticking my head out of the bathroom. “Just asking some questions.” “More like twenty questions.” I said rolling my eyes as I pulled my head back. “So?” “Her name is Allison, she’s the owner of the ‘Black Out’ nightclub, she’s lived in LA most of her life, she’s an only child, and she’s never married. Any more questions?” I said. “No I guess not.” He said getting back up. “I’m sorry if I bothered you Jay.” I stood at the mirror then closed my eyes and sighed. “Brian wait.” I said emerging from the bathroom.

He stopped at the doorway then turned around. “No it’s okay. I was just being nosy Brian.” “I just wasn’t expecting this from you. Kev or Nick yes, maybe Howie but not you. So I should say sorry.” I said smiling at him. “She’s special to you isn’t she?” “God you have know idea how this woman makes me. She’s... different from anyone I’ve ever been with.” I walked back into the room and sat down. “I know I’ve just met her a few weeks ago but I just can’t get her out of my mind. She’s like... haunting my dreams or something.” “Jay I just have one thing to say.” I looked up at him. “Be careful.” I gave him a lop sided smile. “I mean it Jay. Nothing out here is to be taken lightly. Just watch out for the crazes.” Then he rolled his eyes. “Look who I’m talking too. Mr. Crazy himself.” I laughed. “Hey, Crazy is my middle name.” He rolled his eyes again. “But I thought it was... Oh, I get it. Never
mind. Just be careful will you?” “Okay I will.”

As Brian headed back down I leaned down and grabbed my shoes and put them on. Then I reached over and picked up the blanket and candles. On my way down the stairs I ran back up to grab my CD player and popped in some Enya before heading down. Once I finally made it down I laid everything on the counter. I put the glasses and candles on the blanket. Then I headed out to the living room to let the guys know. “Hey.” Everyone turned to look at me. “Taken off?” Nick asked. “Yeah. Are you guys gonna stick around?” “Just until the game is over then we’re gonna take off.” Howie said. “Unless you want us to hang around until you get back?” Kevin asked before looking over at Brian. “It don’t matter. I’ll see you later.” I said heading back into the kitchen.