- Text Size +
Chapter 2
I grabbed my things then headed out the back door. Once I reached the sand I placed the CD player down. I then placed the ice bucket, champagne and glasses down before I placed the blanket down. Walking around the blanket I stuck the candles in the sand before lighting each one of them. I ran back into the house and grabbed a few small pillows and put them on the blanket. Sitting down I removed my shoes then started the CD. Lying back onto the pillows I placed my hands behind my head and looked up at the stars before closing my eyes. “Lovely, isn’t it?” I turned my head to see a beautiful sight walking towards me. I smiled while sitting up. “Don’t get up.” She said kneeling down next to me. “Would you like something to drink?” I asked. “No. Not yet.” She said in a whisper.

I looked at her in awe. God I wanted her badly. I reached over and brushed some hair out of her eyes. “Alex.” “Shh, just let me enjoy you.” I whispered as I started kissing her neck. “Alex you need to stop. Please.” “Why?” I asked pulling back from her. “I asked to see you because we need to talk.” “Bout?” She sat back from me and crossed her legs. She wasn’t dressed the way I was used to her dressing. She was in a pair of jean and a dark blue blouse. “Alex why are you looking at me like that?” “Just that you look different some how.” I said as she now diverted her eyes away from me. She turned from me and was now looking out at the water. “Because I am different. A lot different then you think.” I moved closer to her then placed my hand on her shoulder. “Ally?” I noticed her closing her eyes and sighing. “What is it?” “You won’t like what I’m about to tell you.” “Are you leaving me?” I asked a bit shocked. She sighed again. “What I think will happen is once I tell you this, you’ll be the one leaving me.” I pulled back from her. “I don’t want to leave you. Just tell me, please.” I moved closer to her again. “Before you try and hug me could you remove your necklace?” I stopped and looked at her oddly then I removed my necklace. “Sure but I don’t understand why?” I said laying it by the CD player.

I moved back over towards her. “Are you prepared to see what I’m about to show you?” She said as I saw her tears falling. I nodded. “Yeah.” She slowly turned around. Then crawled over to me. While on her knees she pushed me over and crawled on top of me straddling my waist. “What are you doing?” “Holding you down.” She said while running her nails on my chest. “Why?” I asked while closing my eyes to her touch. “Because I know you will.” She whispered into my ear. “Are you ready for me to show you?” She asked as she started leaned into my neck. I was only able to nod. “Just be prepared.” That’s when I felt it. The most painful feeling ever. My eyes shot open as I also gasped for air. I grabbed hold of her arms and tried to pull her away from me. “Al...” I gasped a few short breaths. She finally pulled back.

I lied there just looking at her in total shock. Still trying to catch my breath. “Just breathe slowly and you’ll be fine.” She said while she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. “Why?” I managed to say. She moved off of me and sat back on the blanket. “I’m sorry. I...” She whispered. “Don’t let me die here.” I said feeling my eyes close. “You won’t. I won’t let you.” I was laying there for sometime when I finally opened my eyes again. Looking up at the stars I felt her presents still next to me. I lifted up my hand slowly and touched her on her back. “You’re awake.” She said. “Yeah. Am I still...” “You’re still alive.” “What?” “Nothing. I couldn’t do it.” She said turning away. “Do what?” “Kill you.” “What do you mean kill me?” “I was supposed to get you alone and take you, but I just couldn’t do it. Because I...” “What? Because you what?” That’s when I looked over at her as she wiped her eyes. “It’s because I’ve fallen in love with you.” That’s when I stopped breathing for just a second after I heard that. “How is that..? But if you’re a vampire... How is that possible?”

She got up and headed down to the waters edge. I struggled a bit before I was able to stand. Then I headed down towards her. I placed my hand on her shoulder before my knees buckled and I almost fell. She turned and caught me as I went down. I lay in her arm while she ran her fingers through my hair. Then she finally spoke. “Vampires can love but most of them chose not too.” “But you.” “I chose love over hate.” She said stroking my face. “But why did you feed off me? Why are you supposed to kill me?” “Because I was followed here tonight and watched.” “By whom?” “The man I’m working for. I don’t know why but he’s always watching me.” She started as her tears fell. “Baby I’m getting cold can you help me back to the house?” She nodded her head then helped me up to my feet. I moaned as I felt my head get light. I barely made it in before passing out again.

I had gotten Alex into the house before I had to yell for someone to help me with him the rest of the way. “Can someone please help me with him!” I yelled. Two guys came running in. “What happened to him?” The tall blonde said. “Holly cow, is he alright?” The short blonde replied. “Can you stop staring and just help me with him?” “Nick grabs his arms and I’ll grab his legs.” Nick looked at him weird, shrugged his shoulders then took hold of his arms. “Kevin move we need to put him down.” Nick said. “Ump!” Nick said plopping Alex onto the couch. “Brian what happen to AJ? Is he okay?” Kevin asked trying to get out of their way. “You might want to ask his date. She was with him.” Brian said.

Kevin turned and looked over at me. Looking at me he got really confused. “Allison?” He said shocked. “Hey Kev.” I said blushing. “You know her?” Brian asked looking over at his cousin. “Yeah, we meet a few years ago at some dance club in New York.” He said to Brian but still looking at me. “What are you doing here?” He asked me. “I was on a date with Alex.” I said pointing to Alex who was still past out on the couch. “No, I mean what are you doing here in LA?” “I live out here.” That’s when he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me into the other room. “What are you doing?” I asked. “Ally answer me one question.” I nodded my head. “Please tell me you didn’t...” I shock my head before responding. “I was supposed too. But I couldn’t go through with it.” I said as I let a tear fall. “What do you mean you were supposed too?” He said getting upset with me. “Allison, for crying out loud your a fuckin’ vampire! You bit my best friend and now he’s hanging onto his life by a thread.” “I know.” “Tell me why the hell you did it?” That’s when he grabbed me by both my arms and made me look at him. “Don’t leave anything out!” So I told him. EVERYTHING.

He finally let me go and I went and stood by the back door. “I couldn’t I let a tear slid down my cheek as I felt him place his hands on my shoulders. “There’s this guy who’s been letting me stay at his place. But the only way for him to help me get my own place was to take out Alex.” “But why him? And who is this guy anyways?” “He goes by the name of Dargo.” I paused a moment before continuing. “He’s been watching Alex ever sense he came to town. The way he moved, the places he went too, to the people he talked to and hung out with. Then when Alex came into my Club I thought he was the most attractive creature I’d ever seen in my life.” I said sitting down. “Alex and I started talking that night and I found that we had quite a lot in common. I wanted to see him again so I gave him my number and he gave me his. We kind of started seeing each other.” “Have you slept with him?” I shock my head. “No.” I said in a whisper. “But then how did this all happen?” “I called him earlier and told him that I wanted to see him. I didn’t want this to happen but I was being followed so I had to do something for them to believe that I did the job. But I guess I...” “Ally you went to far this time. How can I trust you with him? How can I trust you that you won’t do that again?” I turned and looked at him. “Because I’m in love with him!” I yelled. “I couldn’t free myself from this hell because I’m in love with him!” I said covering my face with my hands as I cried.

I could feel myself trembling so badly that I didn’t know if I could stop. I jumped when Kevin placed his hand on my back and started rubbing gently. That’s when I throw myself at his chest and kept crying. He placed his arms around me trying to sooth me. “Kev I’ve murdered the one person who trusted in me. I don’t think I can do this any more.” I said as he started rubbing my back. “Shh, Ally everything’s gonna be just fine. Alex is gonna be okay.” He said in a calm voice. “But what if it’s not? What if...” I stopped and pulled back from his grasp. “Kev, I need you to promise me something.” I said looking into his eyes. “What are you asking me to do?” “To promise me?” “What?” “If... Alex doesn’t...” I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. “I want you to stake me.” He sat there is shock as to the request I was asking him. “Ally...” “Promise me! Promise me you’ll do this for me!” I asked as more tears fell. “Ally I....” “Please.” I begged. He nodded his head in agreement. “Okay.”