- Text Size +
Chapter 3
I stayed wrapped in Kevin’s arms for a while trying to subdue my crying. I started to calm my breathing when he pulled me back from him and just looked at me. I broke free from his grasp and started for the door. “I need to see him.” I said. “No, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” He said taking hold of my arm. I pulled it free. “Why not? I need to see how he’s doing. I did this to him, I need to know.” “Because you are the reason he’s like this! Allison I want you to stay away from him. Truth has it I want you to stay away from all of us.” He said upset. I stopped and dropped my head. I could feel more tears forming but I didn’t want them to fall. I let them burn in my eyes. Then I sighed. “I can’t...” I whispered. “I can’t lose him.” “Ally I know how you feel. I know that you love him. If you want to keep him safe from any other danger you need to leave him be. At least for the time being.” He said as he placed his hands on my shoulder. “Can you at least do that for now?” I closed my eyes then nodded my head.

I walked into the house to only seeing Brian standing by the window looking out. He had this very content look on his face. I looked behind me to see Kevin standing there. He walked past me to stand next to his cousin. “Leave Allison.” Kevin said. As I turned to leave Howie was coming down the stairs. He gave me a small smile as he walked into the living room with the other two. I looked at them for a moment then headed to the front door.
Over the last few weeks I had been sitting with AJ. I didn’t want the others around so I had asked Brian to try and occupy Nick and Howie. He was trying his best with everything that was going on. Nick was told not to come over because of all his questions. I just didn’t have any to give him. Howie was so worried that he started pulling his hair. That’s something that he’s never done. I just sat here next to AJ’s bed keeping close tabs on his condition. We had him at the hospital but all they could do was give his fluids. I thought it was pointless so I asked if we could bring him home. They said that was best. So I’ve sat and listened and watched his every move. I’m just really worried about him. “Ally... Ally... Don’t, please don’t leave me.” He said in barely a whisper. “Ally, were are you? Baby were are you? I need you, please. Don’t leave me!” I looked over at him wanting to tell him that I forbid her to enter the house or to be anywhere near him. But I couldn’t. I sighed before getting up.

I walked out into the hall before pulling my cell out of my pocket. “Hi Allison, it’s Kevin. We need to talk... I’m here at AJ’s... No, just get here now.” I said before hanging up. About twenty minutes or so later there was a light knock on the door. I went and opened it to find her standing there. She didn’t look like she normally did. She had on a tattered pair of jeans, a flannel shirt, hair covering her face; her beautiful hair was dirty like she hadn’t showered in... Oh shit. “Allison what the hell happened?” I asked worried.. When she finally looked up she was wearing sunglasses. “Ally look at me?” She still didn’t respond. I reached out to remove her glasses when she flinched. Finally getting hold of them I took them off of her. I gasped at the sight I saw. She was flashing a nice shiner over her right eye and a few lacerations on her face. “Did Dargo do this to you?” I asked as she nodded her head. I pulled her into the house as the sun was coming over the house across the street.

After closing the door I tried getting her to talk to me. “Ally please tell me what happened? I’m worried about you.” I asked sitting her down on the couch. “He knows.” She finally said. “He knows that I didn’t kill him. So I was punished.” She said wiping her eyes. “What did he do to you?” She shook her head. I placed my hand under her chin. “Please. What else did he do to you?” “He tortured me, beat me, and he also raped me.” She said as she started to really cry. “Kev, I’m scared.” She said burying her face into my chest. I sat back on the couch and just let her cry. She soon fell asleep so I carefully lifted her up and carried her into the guest room right down from AJ’s. I then headed to his room and went through his closet looking for something for Allison to change into when she woke. The good thing was him being so skinny she would fit into anything. I grabbed one of his black t-shirts and a pair of blue jeans. I need to wash the clothes she has on so she’ll also have clean underwear. Oh hell I can’t believe I’m going to do this. I walked over to his dresser and grabbed a pair of his boxers.

I headed back to the guest room and placed the clothes on a chair. Before I left I walked over to the edge of the bed. Leaning forward I brushed a few strands of her hair out of her eyes before placing a light kiss on her forehead. She shifted a bit before settling down into a deep slumber. I smiled down at her then headed for the door. “Kevy.” I turned around before responding. “Yeah, Ally.” “Thank you.” She said in a whisper. “Get some rest.” I replied as I pulled the door closed. I then headed down to the other guest room and got myself ready for bed.

After I was changed I headed back downstairs. I had to laugh at the sight I saw. I found Brian sitting on AJ’s favorite chair with his feet up. I went over to him and carefully removed his shoes. Then I grabbed the quilt off the couch and placed it on him. If he wasn’t my cousin I would have slugged him for having his feet on the furnisher. I then walked over to Howie who for some reason looked kind of odd the way he was lying on the couch. I rolled my eyes before removing his shoes then placing his leg down off the back of the couch. Then I went and grabbed a blanket out of the linen closet and covered him up. I smiled at the sight of these two crazy nuts. “Dorks.” I said as I headed back up stairs.

Standing in the hall I thought best to check on how AJ was doing. I pushed open his door to find Allison on her knees in front of him. I could hear her talking. I wanted to barge in for disobeying my orders but I couldn’t do that. So I stood there and eavesdropped. “Alex I am so sorry for doing this to you. I wanted so badly to tell you everything. I just didn’t want you... I just didn’t want to loose you.” She paused for a moment. “I’ll understand if you don’t want me around you after this but... you’ve... you’ve changed me for the better.” She said wiping her eyes. “Ally... why?” Alex whispered as he reached for her. “I was only following orders.” “But why couldn’t you have told me that you were a...” “A vampire? Because I was afraid... if I had told you the truth about me that you would either never want to touch me fearing that worst, or want to stake me.” “But why did you bite me?” She hesitated before responding.

I got up and tried walking away. Alex grabbed my wrist so I couldn’t leave. “Tell me the truth Allison. I need to know.” That’s when I started to cry. “There’s this guy who’s been letting me stay at his place. But the only way for him to help me get my own place was to take you out. He had told me everything he knew about you. When you came into my Club and gotten to know you... I couldn’t do it.” “Why? You got this far why not finish it?” “Because I’d fallen in love with you. He was following me to make sure I finished the job. But I couldn’t.” I said placing my hands over my face sobbing into them. “Ally.” I fell to the floor and placed my back up against the bed. I pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my knees. I cried so hard that it started to hurt.

I know what I did was wrong; Kevin knew what I did was wrong. It was trying to convince Alex. “I’m so very sorry.” I whispered. I felt Alex place his hand on the back of my head. “It’s okay. But I do have one question?” I nodded my head. “Am I dying?” I sat back up then moved over to sit at his side. I them placed my hand on his face. He flinched at my touch by closing his eyes. I pulled my hand back and placed them in my lap. He reached over and lifted up my hand in his. “Ally, please.” He whispered. “No. You’re just weak. I didn’t feed to kill. I just... weakened you. I needed to show him that I could kill.” “Did he do this to you? Did he hurt you?” He asked reaching for my face. “Yes.” I replied barely in a whisper. He then closed his eyes and let a tear fall onto his pillow. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. “Why are you sorry?” “Everything.” “It’s not your fault that this happened. I let it happen. I chose not to tell you about me. I’m the one who fell for you. I’m the one who lied to you. You didn’t do anything wrong.”

He closed his eyes then sighed. Then he placed his hand on each side of him and tried to sit up a bit. “Baby, you’re wrong. That night at the Club I had fallen in love with someone.” I turned my head to look at him. “You did?” “Yeah. You. When you walked into the room I wanted to throw out my famous charm like I always did, but you... you were different. I couldn’t. With you I wanted to get to know. The right way. Not my way. But for some reason I didn’t know how to approach you or talk to you. But you helped by approaching me. I couldn’t believe I was the shy one and I’m no way shy. I’m usually the one getting the lady to come up to my hotel room for the night. I’m one putting the moves and seducing as many ladies I can on tour. But with you... I wanted to take it slow and get to know you. Well, until that night.” He said with a grin. “Alex. I-I never knew this side of you.” “Only one’s who do are my brothers or the women I slept with. Ally, I want you to be my only woman in my life.” “Alex.” I said looking at him hurt. “Please. Just you Allison.” “I can’t.” He moved a little more. “Why can’t you?” “I’m immortal and I need to feed.” “Have you ever killed during a feeding?” “No. I don’t...” “You don’t feed off humans?” “I get my feedings from hospitals.” His eyes got really wide and he crunched up his nose. “No, sorry. More like the blood bank.” “Don’t do that to me.” He said placing his hand on his chest.

We talked a bit longer before I started to get tired. “It’s getting early and I’m starting to get sleepy. You should get some rest and I think Kevin should go to bed too.” I said looking over at the door. “I don’t see Kev.” “He’s been sitting by the door all morning listening to us talking. “How do you know?” “I can sense his presents.” “That’s kind a cool.” “Yeah it can be when necessary.” I got up and headed for the door. “Ally.” “Yeah.” “Could you say?” “I’ll just be down the hall.” I said pointing to the door. “No, I mean... can you stay. Here?” I turned around and looked at him. “Are you sure?” “I’m sure.” While standing there I licked then bit my bottom lip before nodding my head. He scooted over while I walked over to the bed. Then he pulled back the blanket to allow me to lie down next to him. I placed my head down on the pillow and I had my back to him to allow him to wrap his arm around my waist. “I do love you Ally.” He whispered into my ear sending chills throughout my body. “I love you too Alex.” I whispered back. “Sleep well.” He said before placing a kiss at the nap of my neck. Then I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.