- Text Size +
Chapter 4
That evening I rolled over to see that Alex was still sound asleep. I quietly got up and headed to the guest room and put on the jeans and t-shirt that Kevin left for me. The jeans were a little loose but I managed with them. I then ran my fingers though my hair before sneaking down stairs. When I reached the front door I could hear talking going on in one of the other rooms so I carefully unlocked the door and started out. “Allison?” I heard someone say from behind me. I stopped and slowly turned to see who it was. “Where are you going?” “Leaving. I don’t want to be a bother.” I said placing my arms around myself. Kevin came over and placed his hand on my arm. “And were are you planning on going?” I closed my eyes. “I don’t know.” There was a pause before he spoke again. “Why don’t you stay here? I’m sure AJ would like you to stay.” “But do you?” I asked in a whisper as I turned to look at him. “Ally I don’t have the right to tell you what you can and can not do.” He paused. “I was listening to you two last night and I could hear the kindness coming from you. I know you don’t mean to hurt him.” “I don’t. I’m just afraid if I stay he will.” I started. I then started to feel tears forming in my eyes. “I don’t want any of you to get hurt with me being around. If Dargo finds out that I’m hear he’ll want you all dead. I can’t deal with that.” I said dropping my head. He placed his finger under my chin and lifted my head up to look at him. I stared into his hazel eyes a bit before pulling away.

I couldn’t look at this man. The longer I stayed the more in danger they became. He grabbed my arm and spun me around. “Allison, you can’t leave. You’ll be just hurting AJ if you left.” “Kev you know I can’t stay. I-I want to for his sake, but I can’t.” “But you love him and he loves you.” “I know, but I’m also a vampire.” I yelled as I looked back over at Kevin then over his shoulder to see Nick standing their wide eyes. “Nick I...” He was shaking his head in disbelief. Kevin turns around to see him standing there. Nick started backing up slowly back into the house. “Nick wait, let me explain.” I said walking towards him. He shook his head while not taking his eyes off me. “No, just stay away from me. I can’t believe you’re the one who done this to AJ.” “Nick, please.” I begged. “Nick wait.” Kevin said intervening. “She’s not going to hurt you. She didn’t intend to hurt AJ, it was an accident.” “But she’s a...” He put his two pointers up by his mouth to pretend to make fangs. “She is, but she loves AJ.” He said looking over at me. I nodded my head. “I do. I really do.” I said to Nick. “How can you love someone when you don’t have a heart?” Brian said stepping up behind Nick. “Not all vampires are dangerous. Some... are just like you. If you hadn’t just found out about me. I could be sitting next to you at a diner or at the movies and you would never know.” I said as Howie stepped outside.

I was starting to get scared. I closed my eyes and smelled the air. Then I opened my eyes back.. “What’s wrong?” Kevin asked. Something’s not right.” I said running into the house and back up the stairs. The guys where right behind me. When I got to Alex’s door it was opened. When I left the room a know I hand closed it. I close my eyes again and breathed. “What is it?” Kevin said from behind me. “Shh.” I said placing my finger to my lips. “Ke....” Nick started but was stopped by Kevin putting up his hand. That’s when my eyes shot open and I burst through the bedroom door. Standing over Alex was Dargo. I could see that Alex was still asleep. “Don’t hurt him!” I said. Dargo turned around when I spoke. “Speak for yourself little lady.” He said all vamped out. I changed and growled at him. He turned his attention back to Alex. “I said, don’t hurt him!” I said now slowly walking over to them. “And why not? You couldn’t even do one thing right.” “Why should I? You were never satisfied with the choices I’ve made. Why can’t you just leave him be?” “Because I’ve asked you to do this one little job...” “I can’t kill him.” “Bitch you can’t even kill fly!” That’s when I lunged at him.

He was quick to attack back. I started punching, slapping, yelling... You name it I did it. I was able to get him pinned on the ground so I straddled him so he couldn't fight back. "This is for hurting me all these years!" I punched. "This is for beating on me!" More punches. "This is for making me feel like I wasn't worth anything!" I reached over and grabbed a chair and broke off the leg. "And this..." Taking the leg of the chair and staked him in the heart. "That is for rapping me!" I just kept punching him as I let the tears fall down my face. I just kept going at it when I felt a gentle hand touch my shoulder. I turned still in vamp form and lunged at Alex. "Ally." He whispered in fear. I looked down at him breathing heavily and still teary eyed. "Alex?" I said as I was on top of him. I moved away and crawled into the corner of his room. He had gotten up off the floor and slowly came over to me. "Ally?" "Don't look at me." I whispered. "Ally?" Alex said again. I just pushed farther into the corner. He got down in front of me and placed his hand on my cheek. "Please." I begged him.

I didn't want him to see me like this again. "Just leave me be. I almost hurt you again." "But you didn't." "But I almost." I said covering my face. "I know, but you didn't." He said while running his finger through my hair. I lifted up my head and looked at him. "Alex." I said reaching for his hand. "Yeah." "I'm scared." "Baby, I know." "But you don't know. I'm scared that I will hurt you. That one of these days you won't be able to stop me. That I won't be able to stop myself." I said now looking at him. He stood up and put out his hand for me. Hesitating a moment I finally placed my hand in his and stood. He then walked me over to the bed and we sat down. "I'll take that chance when that time comes." He said starting to rub my back. I tried to look at him but I couldn't. "Are you sure you want to take that chance with me?" I asked. He reached over and brushed a strand of hair back before brushing my cheek with his thumb. "As sure as hell." He said
with a smile.

I finally looked up at him and tried to smile. I was only able to brake down and cry. I throw myself into his arms and just cried harder. He placed his arms around and just held me close. Soothing me with his soft words and gentle touch finally got me to calm down I sighed big. "Thank you Alex." I whispered. "Ally, I love you. I don't want to lose you. I want you in my life." I nodded my head. "I know do because I love you too. I also want you in my life. But..." "Don't say it. Please. Let's just keep it how it is right now." He said placing his lips on mine in a gentle kiss.

The End