- Text Size +
Dark Times In Still Waters
Chapter 36
By Dottie
Copyright 2014

Teagan is halfway to the elevator when the door slides open. She stops short as Kevin looks up and meets her gaze. Neither of them move for several seconds. Suddenly the elevator doors start to close.

Kevin reaches out to stop them as she takes off at a run. He barely has time to open his arms when she launches herself into them. He holds her tightly, falling back into the elevator, letting the doors slide quietly closed.

She has her arms wrapped tightly around his neck and she whispers, “I’ve missed you.”

He sighs deeply, closing his eyes. “I’ve missed you too Angel.”

The elevator starts to drop, even though he never pushed the button for the first floor. When it slows to a stop, Teagan pulls away from Kevin enough to look up into his eyes. He smiles warmly. “Come on, let’s go talk.”

Hand in hand they walk off the elevator. When they get to the parking lot, he says, “Where’s your car?”

She shakes her head. “I took a taxi.”

He pulls her towards his rental car. “Let’s go. I won’t even charge you for the ride.”

She giggles, allowing him to lead her to the dark sedan. Once they are both inside, he leans closer to her. “How are you Sweetheart?”

She reaches up to touch his face. “I’m…ok. I’m so glad to see you. I wish…why did you stay in town?”

He smiles, covering her hand with his and pressing her palm firmly against his face. "I wanted to be here in case you called me...in case you needed me."

Tears swim in her eyes. "Kevin I do...need you. I just..."

He kisses her nose. "You don't want to burden me with your problems."

She sighs softly. "Not exactly. I don't know if I can explain it. I just feel like I have to do it on my own."

He slides his face against hers and whispers, "You don't have to explain it Teagan. All you have to do is tell me what you need."

She kisses his neck softly. "Penny says you've been seeing her too."

He presses his face into her shoulder. "I just want to help you and I was hoping she could show me how I could."

Teagan pulls back. "Kevin you do help me."

He shakes his head. "No I upset you by pushing you to do things my way. I want you to go on tour with me. I just want to be with you. I can't...Penny has shown me that I can't make you see yourself the way I see you. You have to realize it on your own and I have to be patient. Something I am not very good at."

She presses her forehead to his. "I'm not exactly the easiest person to live with at the moment." She takes a slow breath before whispering, "I'm so glad you're here,"

He kisses her softly and says, "Wanna go have a late lunch?"

She shakes her head. "No. Let's go home."


Half an hour later, Teagan and Kevin are lying on the couch wrapped around around each other. Kevin stares into her eyes and whispers, "Do you know how hard it was for me to stay away?"

She sighs. "It was hard for me too. Especially at night."

He reaches up to brush her hair back. "The nightmares?"

She shivers. "Not just the nightmares...I missed you so much. But ever since I read the articles Penny gave me, they've been different. I keep seeing things..." Her voice trails off and she sighs softly.

He slides his hand to her hip and whispers sympathetically, "I'm sorry Sweetheart. Do you feel like talking about it?"

She stares into his eyes losing herself in the warmth of his gaze. "Not now."

He smiles knowingly, tightening his arms around her body. "What do you want to talk about?"

She reaches up to trace his goatee. "Anything else...nothing. I'm just so glad you're here."

Tears fill his eyes and he whispers, "I love you Teagan."


Teagan slowly opens her eyes. She's lying alone on the couch. She looks around not seeing Kevin, but the delicious aroma filling the room tells her he's in the kitchen. She sits up slowly, looking around.

Kevin comes out of the kitchen, smiling when he sees her awake. "Hey Beautiful, you're finally awake."

She stretches a little. "How long did I sleep?"

He smiles. "All afternoon. I think I spent a good hour just staring at you. You were smiling in your sleep. I hope that means you were dreaming about me."

She blushes, looking down at her lap. "I don't remember dreaming. It was just so nice having you here with me."

He sits beside her on the edge of the couch and takes her hand. "I'm glad to be here with you Darling. Now, are you hungry? I made dinner."

She raises her gaze to meet his. "You could have woken me up. I would have helped you."

He shakes his head. "You needed to sleep. Besides, I wanted to do something for you. I just hope you can eat what I made. I'm not what you'd call a gourmet chef."

Teagan leans closer to him, kissing his cheek. "I'm a pretty simple girl. Gourmet really isn't my style. What did you make?"

He brushes her hair back from her face. "Well I didn't find leftovers from your Thanksgiving dinner so I made you a chicken stir fry."

Her eyes shine with love. "That sounds delicious."

He places a gentle kiss on her lips. "Come on, we need to eat while it's hot."

She winds her arms around his neck. "Think it can wait a couple more minutes?"

He slides his arms around her waist and pulls her against his body. "I believe we have a little bit of time. Is there something you want to do first?"

She smiles tenderly "Just this."

As her lips touch his, he pulls her onto his lap and into his arms. Twisting around he presses her against the back of the couch and deepens the kiss. Her arms tighten around his neck as she moans. He hears the sound of pleasure and he feels empowered. The fact that someone so fragile...so delicate...is finding such immense pleasure from his touch makes him feel ecstatic. His love for her grows deeper and stronger with every passing minute.

His hand slides to her hip and then down to her thigh, lifting her leg up so he can slide his knee between them and press it firmly the juncture of her thighs. Their bodies are entwined as intimately as their tongues are as they dance together in a ritual of love and lust.

When they part, both fighting to regain control of their erratic breathing. She stares into his eyes. He smiles tenderly and whispers, "I love you Sweetheart."

Tears shimmer in her eyes when she whispers back, "I love you too."

He brushes away the one tear that escapes and slips down her cheek. "Come on, let's have dinner."

As he stands and helps her to her feet, she asks timidly, "Can we have dessert in bed?"

He chuckles, shooting her a sexy smirk. "Your wish is my command, My Love."
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know! ~ D