- Text Size +

October 3rd, 2009

[Piper]

"Fuck... fuck fuck fuck!" The door slammed behind me, and I didn't even bother to make sure it was shut properly as I flew down the steps outside my three bedroom house and towards my car.

I was late, and literally waiting for the phone call that would hound my ass.

I was in my car no longer than 2 minutes when my cell buzzed from the passenger seat. I merely missed hitting a parked car down the street as I leaned across and grabbed my phone. I hit answer, putting the call on speakerphone. "Yes, yea I know I'm late..."

"Piper, you should of been here over half hour ago!"

I sighed, hearing my managers pissed off voice. "I'm sorry, I'm on my way..."

"Don't bother, Piper. They left."

"What?" I slowed the car down before swinging it behind a parked car, cutting the engine. "What do you mean they left?"

The sigh that came out of my phone made me bite my lip. "You were late. I pulled strings for this. They weren't impressed. I'm not impressed... I've got to go. Call me when you figure shit out, Piper."

The call ended, making me toss the phone in the seat beside me before leaning my head on the steering wheel. "You stupid stupid girl..." I knocked my head on the wheel a few times before sitting back up. Was it so bad I missed an audition? I'd just got down with a long time recurring TV role, and really? Did I want to commit to something like that again? No, not really. Not when I was doing so well in movies.

So maybe waking up late had been a blessing.

I took a deep breath, picking my phone back up and dialling one of two numbers that I had memorized, despite it being saved in my phone."

"Hello?"

"So, how do you feel about New York City? I hear its great this time of year...."

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

"New York City? Why?"

"Just ‘cause..."

"I was going there tonight anyway... I was going to fly... I have to do some work with..."

"Don't leave ‘til I get there and don't book a flight yet. We can drive. I'll rent a car. Text me where to meet you. Byyyyyyyyyyyyye."

The call ended and I looked at my phone before slipping it into the back pocket of my jeans. I walked off the tour bus and started heading into the venue where I was opening up for another big act. I could easily have my own tour, but I didn't want it. I liked what I was doing.

"Scarlett, can I have your autograph?" I heard a dark-haired girl ask over by the door to the venue as I walked up to it.

"Sure, what's your name?" I asked, taking her CD from her.

"Piper," she said as I snorted. "I know that's your best friend's name. I love her! She's the only other person I know that's named Piper."

"Here you go," I said, before thanking her and heading into the venue. I sighed. I could probably be like Piper or Britney or Ryan Gosling or anybody else that was on the Mickey Mouse Club with us, but I just didn't want to be that famous. I kind of liked the more behind the scenes stuff, like producing and writing. Every once in a while I would do this - open up some shows for people that has recorded my stuff or even do my own shows around L.A. or Nashville and maybe something other places.

I felt my butt vibrate and sighed, pulling out my cell phone to see a text.

Still coming tonight? I've got studio time booked for tomorrow night after everything I have to do. Got you a hotel room next to mine.

I sighed. Sometimes I felt like everything I wanted to do came after everybody else's, but that's how it had always been with me.

Might get there later... looks like I'm driving from Philly. I'll let you know.

I opened up another next, texting Piper back.

I'm at the Hard Rock in Philly. My set should be over by 8:30 if you get there by then. Let me know. I'll get my bus driver to stay here until you get here. Cancelling my flight so you best show up or I'll kick your ass.

I put my phone on silent and put it back in my pocket as I made my way up to the stage.

I had no idea why Piper wanted to go to New York City, but I had one guess.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

Scarlett was going to kick my ass.

My flight had been delayed, and then the car hire place lost my reservation, but that was quickly resolved when one of the guys behind the counter recognised me. Suddenly there was a car waiting, and after signing a few autographs I was speeding my way towards the venue Scarlett was playing at.

I knew for sure that she would kick my ass when I arrived, and saw the fact the concert had long ago finished. There was a truck out back, packing away the stage, and only one bus left in the parking lot. I parked up beside it and climbed out as the bus door opened.

"You... are late."

I smiled, walking up the steps and grabbing Scarlett into a hug. "I missed you!" I hugged her tightly, and despite her telling me to let her go, she hugged me back.

"Fine, I missed you too."

I chuckled, standing back and holding my arms out as Scarlett threw her holdall bag at me. "Sorry I'm late. Flight delays." I walked over to the car and opened the trunk as she hauled her guitar case down the bus steps.

"Lucky for you I was tracking your flight."

I smiled, helping her put the case in the car before shutting the trunk. "So, does he know?"

"He knows I'm coming." Scarlett smiled. "You're driving."

I snorted, walking around the car and climbing inside. "I'd already anticipated that. You can control the music, and tell me about this tour."

I waited for Scarlett to get in the car before starting the car and pulling out the back of the arena. We filled the car with chatter for the first hour of the drive, sharing stories of what we'd been up to in the past few weeks. I missed being around Scarlett. She kept me sane.

"So, why the sudden trip to New York? Didn't you have an audition today?"

"Hmm..." I tapped on the steering wheel as we hit traffic. "...I missed it."

"What? Piper..."

I looked at her and smiled. "Don't Piper me. How many times have you bailed out of meeting producers and managers because it ‘didn't feel right?' It didn't feel right for me, either."

"Yea right." Scarlett chuckled. "You totally overslept."

"Whatever. Anyone would think you weren't happy I'm here..." I pouted for a moment before glancing at Scarlett, sending us both into giggles.

"No, I'm glad you're here. And Nick will be too..."

I rolled my eyes, and focused on the road as the traffic slowly eased us into the city,

I loved New York. I can still remember the same time I visited the city, and funnily enough it was me and Scarlett, and Scarlett's parents in tow, to go see our friend with his new band and my first auditions outside of the Mickey Mouse Club. I smiled to myself before turning to Scarlett. "What hotel?"

"Oh shit... he told me!" She dug through her purse for her cell phone as I stopped behind a yellow taxi cab. A part of me still wanted to move to New York, and actually, had I gone to my audition and got the part I probably would of been living here. It just wasn't the right time yet.

"He's at the Hilton... 6th Avenue..."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course he is..."

It didn't take us long to get there. Someone met us outside, and after taking our bags from the back they took the car, leaving us to walk inside. It was quiet, and after we let the bellboy know we already had our room details, we were in an elevator to the 8th floor.

"I'm tired."

I glanced at Scarlett, who did indeed look tired. "You look like shit."

"Thanks." She muttered, cracking a grin before glancing up as the elevator pinged.

"How do I look?" I brushed my hair off my face, and gave her an expectant look, but she just laughed.

"Like you care how you look. Come on, lets find Nick so we can get our room key and go to bed."

I smirked, grabbing our bags. "Well, you can go to bed..." I could almost hear Scarlett's eyes rolling in her head as she lead us down the hall, stopping infront of a suite door and knocking. It seemed like forever for the door to open, and when it did Nick was there, half asleep and in his underpants.

"Wow, what a welcome..." I snorted as he looked from Scarlett, to me, and back to Scarlett.

"You didn't tell me Piper was coming." He pushed the door wider, inviting us in. Scarlett never replied, but I made sure to jab him in the side as I walked past him, making him yelp in surprise. He turned the light on, and walked back over to the bed, which was clearly very slept in.

"Room key. I'm tired."

I laughed, sitting on the edge of Nick's bed as he rooted through his wallet. "Scar, sit down. We haven't been together in foreverrrrr."

"Uh, I was sleeping..."

"So?" I gave Nick a look before moving up his bed and rearranging his pillow so I could lean back. "You two are getting so old, sleeping before midnight..."

"It's 2 a,m,, and we both had shows tonight..."

I ignored Scarlett. "I missed ussss!"

Nick handed Scarlett the room key before smiling. "Well... it is a perfect time to, ya know.... have a threesome." He wiggled his eyebrows, making both me and Scarlett groan.

Such a dude.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

"You're never going to get that threesome, Nick, give it up," I said as he pouted. "What time are we meeting up tomorrow so I can know when to be ready?"

"We have shows all in the morning, then filming the Late Show around five and after that, I have the studio time booked, so...." Nick said, looking over at Piper who looked bored. "So I'll meet you here about seven or earlier and we can all grab something to eat."

"Why are you guys going into a studio?" Piper asked. "You're releasing a new album tomorrow... well today..."

"Solo album, just starting to really get it going," he said. "Scarlett is helping me again. We wrote a song the last time we hung out."

"When was this?" Piper asked, sitting up.

"About three weeks ago... when he was home and you were shooting for like 48 hours straight," I said, before looking at Nick again. "Okay, I'll make sure I'm ready. I might go down to meet with the New York offices around lunch."

"You two and your music stuff," Piper said as Nick held up his hand, dismissing her.

"Sweet, I'll text you when I leave Letterman, now go get some sleep," Nick said, before walking over to give me a hug. "I'll take care of this one."

"Yeah, I bet," I muttered, walking out of his suite and shutting the door behind me. I looked to see that the suite he had booked was next to his and I walked over, carrying my bags and my guitar case with me and stuck the key card in the lock. I opened the door and walked in, tossing my bag with my clothes on the bed, kicked off my shoes and climbed on it, cuddling up next to the pillow.

I kind of hated New York City. For some reason I wasn't big on it. I never had been and I probably never will be. It's just way too busy. I loved L.A. and Nashville and almost every other city, so only for Nick would I come to New York City. Nick and Piper would be the only reasons I would come here.

Nick was like my musical BFF where as Piper was just my BFF. After we met at our Disney auditions as kids, we exchanged addresses and became pen pals until the internet came along and cell phones and text came about. Nick didn't make the Mickey Mouse Club... he was offered a role, but decided to join a boy band instead. It worked for him, and it launched Piper and I into our own careers.

So coming to New York City for Nick to help him on his second solo album wasn't a big deal. I'd do anything for him, probably more than I should.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

"So..."

"So..."

I looked at Nick, who was laying on his front on the bed staring at me. "You cut your hair."

Nick looked up, almost as if his eyes could look up through the top of his head to his hair. "Yea... it's actually grown back a little now."

"It looks stupid."

He laughed. "Wow, say what you feel, Piper."

"Ok, I will." I moved, laying on my front next to him. "I missed you. I didn't realize you and Scar were meeting up so much. I miss the three of us together."

Nick bumped his shoulder into mine. "I'm always here, Piper."

I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed. "You know what I mean..."

"I'm always here." He repeated, making me look at him. "We live like what... ten minutes away from each other. I was in LA all summer recording..."

"No you weren't. You were in Nashville too. And anyways, I was busy..."

He laughed. "Oh I see, only needed when it's convenient to you."

"Pretty much." I rolled onto my back and sighed. "How many hours until you have to be awake?"

He leaned over me, grabbing at the alarm clock. "Like...2. Why?" He moved back to how he was, but kept an arm around my waist, making me smile.

"Well... I'm not exactly tired. And..." Before I could finish talking Nick's lips were on mine, kissing me hungrily. I moaned softly, wrapping my arms around his neck to pull him closer.

I guess its probably the biggest celebrity secret ever that me and Nick have been hooking up regularly since the early 2000's. It was a secret to Scarlett, I think. If it wasn't, she'd never spoken of it.

"Is this why you missed me?" Nick muttered, his hands pushing up my tank top as I awkwardly shrugged off my jacket.

"Shut up!" I pushed him back on the bed, making him laugh as I pulled off my jacket and tank top before straddling his waist. I leaned down to kiss him and laughed as he reached down to undo my jeans. He had me on top of him for all of a minute before he rolled us over, and hurriedly undid my jeans whilst we kissed each other with urgency. It wasn't long before I was naked, and he had one of my legs wrapped around his waist as he pushed himself inside me.

"Oh fuck..." He grunted, resting his forehead against mine as he filled me. We held eye contact for a brief moment before he moved himself, making me close my eyes and lose myself in the feel of him.

My hands were everywhere, on his back, his shoulders, his ass, and in his short as fuck hair that I decided I hated. I knew this wasn't going to last long, and at the same time I wasn't ready for it to be over. I daren't tell him that the last time I'd had sex was with him several months before, when we'd met up one night after I'd done shooting, and yea... after several hours of talking, laughing and reminiscing we'd gone to bed.

It was just something we'd come accustomed to doing.

The air was hot in the room as I moaned, feeling the signs of my orgasm slowly building up. Nick was moving in me at a steady rhythm and awkwardly kissing me. "Fuck... Nick stop with the sloppy kisses and just fuck me..."

He laughed, nuzzling his nose into mine before gripping my hip in his hand and thrusted into me hard and fast. I literally cried out his name as my orgasm hit, and gripped at his ass. Nick came, and collapsed on top of me, breathing hard.

We stayed like that until the room was quiet. Nick was drawing circles on my arm as I laid there arms spread trying desperately to get some cool air.

"You are so lucky, you know."

"Why?" Nick lifted his head to look at me.

"That I'm on the pill... can you imagine the amount of babies we'd have with the amount of times you forget to cover him up."

Nick shuddered, and rolled off me. "Yea, I really need to remember to do that."

"I hope you do when you're with the skanks." I sat up, finding my tank top and pulling it back on.

"I do, and they are fans, not skanks..."

I poked my tongue out as him as I pulled my jeans back on. "So... will I get to hang with you tomorrow?"

Nick nodded, climbing under the covers on his bed. "You betcha."

I smiled, leaning down on the bed and kissing him quickly on the lips. "Thanks..."

"Thanking me for sex, how classy..."

I swatted him, and grabbed my jacket. "Did you keep a key for me?"

"On the dresser. Turn the light out when you leave will you..."

I chuckled, watching him pull the covers tightly over him as I grabbed the key. "Sure thing, your highness."

His hand flew out the covers, flipping me off as I left the room, making sure the light was off, and left his suite.

I quietly let myself in mine and Scarlett's suite, and was surprised to see her sat on the couch, her guitar sat on her lap and her laptop open on the table. "You're still up..."

She nodded, tucking the guitar pick between the strings of her guitar before setting it down. "Yea, I think I'm over tired." I walked over and sat on the couch beside her. "Have fun with Nick?"

I looked at her. "I got some benedryl if you can't sleep. And yes, it was fun..." I grinned, making her shake her head.

"I think I'll try sleep now. Go shower, you smell.."

Scarlett left me sniffing myself as she picked up her guitar and left the room and into the room she'd chosen to sleep in. Her laptop was open, but I respected her privacy enough to not read what song she'd been writing, so I shut the lid down before walking into the bathroom.

[/Piper]