- Text Size +

[Flashback - July 1, 1995]

 

[Piper]

"Piper, honey... turn the music off whilst you're doing your homework. You need to concentrate."

I rolled my eyes as Mom peeked her head in and gave me a warning glance before ducking away from where she'd come from. I purposely turned the music louder, and wasn't surprised when she walked in the room a moment later and walked over to my stereo, turning it off.

"Why must you be difficult? And why are you're books shut!"

I glanced at the books tossed on the floor beside my bed and shrugged. "Mom, I don't need them. I'm going to be famous!"

"Piper..."

"WHAT?!" I shouted, and instantly regretted it when my Dad walked in.

"Piper, do your homework!" He walked over to my stereo and unplugged it before carrying it out.

"DAD! Mom you can't take my stereo away!" I climbed off my bed and walked over to my Mom as she went to follow him out.

"Do you're homework, and then we'll talk!" She gave me a stern look before walking out and shutting the door behind her.

"UGH! So unfair. I hate this house!" I muttered, turning around and walking over to my bed. I grabbed my textbook from the floor and opened it up before sighing. I hated school work, especially as I was being tutored. It sucked, and really... I didn't need it. Who used algebra whilst running lines??

I laid on the front of my bed and flicked through the pages, not even reading. This was so boring, and I really wanted to carry on listening to Alanis Morrissette's new album, "Jagged Little Pill."

I groaned, resting my head on the bed, but lifted it back up when I heard a tapping on my window. I looked over to see Scarlett standing there. I smiled, stumbling off my bed and lifted up the window. "Quick, get in!" I hissed, helping her in before looking outside. "Did anyone see you?"

"No..." Scarlett walked over to my bed and lifted the book up before groaning and putting it back down. "...you reading this?"

"Not really. I don't need it." I sat beside her, indian style and looked at her. "You been crying?"

She shrugged, sitting her backpack on my bed. She sighed a little before looking at me. "I did something stupid?"

"Drugs?"

"No."

"Alcohol?"

"No."

"Drove without a license."

"Jesus... no Piper. So you know Justin?"

I pulled a face. "Timberflake?"

"It's Timberlake, and yes... him."

"What about him?"

Scarlett blushed red. She looked funny with her red hair.

"Dude, you look like you're going to pop."

"Ihadsexwithhim."

I looked at her wide eyed for a moment before smiling. "Was he big?"

"PIPER!" Scarlett shouted, and instantly I jumped up and covered her mouth.

"SHHH!" I waited a moment to see if the parentals heard, and when nothing happened I moved my hand off her mouth. "You had sex with that freak! Why?"

"I dunno... it kinda happened." She shrugged again, looking everywhere but me.

"So, was he big?"

"Why are you asking me that?? You're still a kid!"

"Doesn't mean I don't know what sex is! I'm only asking because he basically acts like a dick, so... ya know..."

Scarlett chuckled. "You sound like Nick when you talk like that..."

"Huh?" I frowned, looking at her.

"Saying ‘ya know' all the time..."

"Really? Never noticed he said that, and anyways, stop changing the subject! Why did you do it with him?"

Scarlett never answered, and when footsteps outside the hall were heard we both looked at each other before scrambling off the bed. I pushed Scarlett in my closet before running back over to my bed and landing on it with a thud. I pushed her bag off the bed and reopened the book as my bedroom door opened.

"Who are you talking to?"

I looked up, seeing my Dad standing there. "No one."

"You were talking..."

"To myself..." I gave him a weird look. "Go away, I'm trying to study!"

He chuckled to himself before leaving the room. I gave it a few minutes before waving Scarlett out the closet.

"I should go..."

"But, I want to talk about you and Justin..."

Scarlett grabbed her bag off the floor. "You can't tell anyone. Not a single person. Do you promise."

"I promise!"

"Pinky swear on it!" She held her pinky out, and I linked mine with hers. We shook our hands before letting go.

"I'll talk to you later..."

I watched her climb out my window, and waited till she had jumped down the pipe leading into the garden before throwing myself back on the bed.

I can't believe she had sex with Justin Timberflake. That's just so gross!

[/Piper]
[/Flashback]

 

 


 

December 31, 2009

[Scarlett]

Christmas was a bust. I cooked and both Nick and Piper came over, but it felt awkward and forced. I think Piper is still mad at me about the whole Nick thing, but Nick was Nick. We'd been working on his album and wrote a few more songs. He was heading back out on tour in Europe soon, and then in the U.S. so he wanted to really get a lot done so that he could try to do a release at the beginning of the next year.

I was going to be taking a few weeks off and just relax. I was supposed to go to Nashville in a little over a month for meetings with labels. Piper was going to be starting a movie soon hopefully, but I had only talked to her twice. She had been busy so I didn't know if she had found out anything about the movie or not.

"Here you go," Nick said, bringing me a bottled water as he flounced down in the chair in front of the soundboard. "We need to finish this song."

"It's New Year's Eve, we could always take a break..."

You runaway runaway but that's ok
Girl we can play make believe in this fantasy
I'll be the king that you need to treat you like a queen
You'll be my everything

"But I won't stop... until... you're mine," I whispered as Nick smiled at me.

"You're so good at this," Nick said, typing the lyrics out on his laptop. "All this shit you write, you'd think you'd be dating all these guys to get all this inspiration. Unless you're hiding them from us..."

"When do I have time?" I asked as he chuckled. "I mean, I'm not a nun, but... I just, I don't know."

"Are you ever gonna tell me who the guy is?" he asked as I shook my head. "Come on..."

"We're writing this song, remember?" I asked as Nick grinned. "Don't do that, Nick. I'm serious."

"I just want to know, that's all," he said as I shook my head again. "Are you a virgin?" I looked at him with a shocked look on my face. "Come on, you're my best friend, Scarlett. I feel like you're hiding stuff lately."

I sighed, leaning back in my chair. Now would be a good time to tell him everything. I could tell him how I've kept every single thing he's written me since we were 13. I could tell him how I can't date another guy because I keep comparing them to him. I could tell him that the majority of the songs that I write are about him.

But I'm not.

"No, I'm not a virgin," I said as his eyes widened. "I was 15."

"Wait, I was 15 when I lost mine and I called and told you and Piper as soon as I could," Nick said as I cracked up. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's different when you're a girl," I shrugged. "Nick, it's not important, okay? Can we finish working on the song or go and record that other song we wrote yesterday?"

"One question, okay?" he asked as I nodded. "Do I know the guy that song was about?" he asked as I nodded again. "Fuck, it's AJ, isn't it? God dammit, I knew it!"

"Oh my God, no!" I hissed. "It's not one of the other guys in the band, Nick. I promise. It's not one... It's not one of the other guys." He just eyed me until I started glaring at him. "Fine, but if something happens with you two, I'm going to need to check this guy out, whether I know him well or not."

"Deal," I smiled as I pointed back at the laptop. "Now let's work."

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

I sat at my small table in the kitchen and overlooked all the paperwork spread out across it. Script, after script. And I had to learn them all.

Might of sounded stressful and horrible to most people, but this was what I was good at. Memorising scripts, and acting them out.

Just as well I'd found out this morning that I had gotten the lead role in the movie I'd auditioned for the week before. I'd been so excited, and then literally bummed right away. Purely because I wanted to call Scarlett and tell her, but I was still weird about how the week before had gone, plus Christmas had been so weird.

I gathered all the scripts up, putting them into a pile before standing up. I wasn't going to busy myself with reading just yet, as it was New Years Eve, and there was a party to go to. I wondered if Nick and Scarlett remembered our tradition, being I hadn't even heard from Nick that morning to discuss the evenings plans.

Maybe I was being phased out.

Urgh!

I headed upstairs, and laid out on my bed. I hated this feeling of being alone. It made me think too much. I rolled onto my front and grabbed my cell phone off the side where it was charging and flipped through the contact. I contemplated calling Nick's cell, but figured if he was with Scarlett she might think I was calling him to hook up or something, so I pressed call on her number and listened whilst it connected and started ringing through.

"Hello Scarlett hotline, her slave answering..."

I rolled my eyes, hearing Nick's voice. "You're a dork..."

"Hey Piper... and you know I am!" He chuckled as I rolled back onto my back.

"Scar around?"

"Bathroom. I'm trying to convince her to quit for the day as its New Years Eve."

"Yea, about that... we still on for tonight?"

"Sure, why wouldn't we be?"

I sighed. "I dunno, I just wanted to check. My agent told me about a party in West Hollywood tonight, its exclusive invitation only, and he put tickets aside for us if you guys are up for it."

"Of course!"

I smiled, glad that Nick seemed happy. "Ok, well it doesn't start till late..."

"I'll pick you up at 9. Oh, here's Scarlett, wanna talk?"

"Nah, it's ok. I'll see you guys later." I quickly cut the call before he could pass it to Scarlett and laid the phone down on my chest.

I was such a chicken shit.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

Nick finally pushed me out of the studio and told me to go home and get ready to party, except I wasn't much of the partying type. I was more of a homebody. I liked to go out when the others did, but you'd never catch me going out alone.

I kept looking through my closet. I had a ton of clothes, but nothing really I wanted to wear. I text Piper and she said that it was some fancy party with a bunch of Hollywood people and jeans wouldn't work and neither would a simple dress.

So I went back to my awards show stuff in the back of my closet and saw a dress that Piper and I had bought the year before for the Grammy Awards because I was nominated and didn't win, yet again, but I ended up wearing another dress. It was red strapless ruched bodice party dress with a low cut back. The waist had a thick set of sparkling stones and the skirt part of the dress was short and fluffy. It wasn't something I typically wear, which is why I never wore it to the awards.

But I felt like tonight I could wear it. Maybe I needed to come out of my shell a little more. Maybe that's why Nick thought he could have that with Piper and not with me.

I slipped on the red sparkling stilettos that I had bought to match the dress. My long, red was curled in waves and I actually had on a little bit more make up than I normally would wear.

Yo! I'm here!

"Just finishing up!" I yelled, looking at myself in the mirror one more time. Maybe I had enough time to change before he got his slow ass up here or maybe he'd stay downstairs and I could change into something else or -"

Safe to come in?

"Ugh, yeah," I said as I reached over for my charm bracelet and started to fasten it when the door opened.

"Um, well holy shit," Nick said as I turned around quickly to look at him. "I'm looking for Scarlett... have you seen her?" I glared at him. "You didn't have time to go buy that today."

"No, I had it in my closet," I sighed. "Does it look okay?" I asked as he straightened his jacket a little. "Be honest."

"Yeah, it looks... awesome," he said slowly as I started to feel a little self-conscious. "No really, you should dress like this more often and maybe whoever it is that you like," he said, saying AJ in between coughs, "might pay you attention."

"I shouldn't have to dress like this to get attention," I said as he shrugged. "I'm going to go change."

"No, no you're not," he said, moving in front of me. "You look amazing, Scarlett. Get your jacket or whatever and let's go."

I sighed, reaching over for the little fur coat on my bed and slipped it on as Nick held the bedroom door open for me as I walked past him.

I felt nervous because other than a swimsuit, or pajamas, I'd never worn anything like this around Nick. He was always off on tour or something when it came to the award shows I had to go to. The only time he'd seen me this dress up is the one time we went to the MTV Movie Awards with Piper.

"I should call AJ and tell him to come to this party," Nick said as we headed out of my house, which was only a few blocks from Piper's house.

"Nick... it's not AJ, okay? Why in God's name would I like AJ like that?" I asked as he opened his car door for me and I sat down in the passenger's seat. "Just leave it alone. It doesn't matter."

He shut the passenger side door and walked around the car, getting in himself as we both fastened our seatbelts.

"Well it matters to me, because I just want you to be happy," he said as I sighed and looked out the window at my house as he pulled out of the drive.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

I gazed at my reflection, smoothing my dress down my stomach before turning to the side. "Ugh, I really should go to the gym more..."

"HEY!"

I sighed, walking over to my bed and grabbing my clutch. I walked out my room to see Nick climbing the stairs. He was wearing suit pants, a shirt all tucked in at the waist with a button undone at the neck, and a waist coat. of course he had a jacket on, but he looked good. "Hey Carter..."

He looked at me and grinned. "Damn, you both are looking fine tonight. And... you're wearing the heels..."

I glanced at the silver sparkly Louboutins before looking back at him. I'd forgotten that he liked me in these heels. They just happened to be my favourite. "Guess I am. You picked up Scarlett yet?"

He nodded. "She's waiting in the car. Come on..."

I nodded, and walked infront of him down the stairs. A part of me wondered if he was looking at the back of my dress, which dipped down into a v right down to the small of my back. I loved this dress, I just hadn't had a perfect time to wear it till now.

"I like how your tattoo just peeks is way out the back of your dress."

I smiled, turning to look at him. "Thanks." He nodded, and guided me outside before locking my house up for me. I spotted Scarlett sitting in the front of the car and gave her a little wave before climbing into the backseat. I busied myself pulling the seat belt round as Nick climbed in.

"Just so you both know... I'm off the alcohol tonight, so I can drive us home. However if you see me drinking, don't let me drive."

I went to reply when Scarlett reached over and patted his thigh. I narrowed my eyes, and sat back in the car.

Scarlett wasn't a touchy feely person. In fact, I don't think I'd ever seen her touch Nick other than to hug him, punch him, or pat his arm when she wanted his attention.

Something was clearly different about Scarlett, especially since she still hadn't spoken to me. Did I really have to make the first move for everything. I took a deep breath before leaning forward. "So, I got the lead in that movie..."

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

"WHAT?!?" both Nick and I exclaimed as Nick almost ran a red light. "Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yes!" Piper smiled, almost giggly. I felt like things were kind of tense between us. "They said I was perfect. And it's filming in New York so even though I didn't get that role for that TV show, I'll still get to spend some time there."

"When do you start shooting?" I asked, turning around in the seat a little.

"Dude, you're wearing the red dress!" Piper exclaimed. "Finally! Some use out of it!"

"Yes, yes, I'm wearing the dress, when do you start shooting?"

"Next month."

"Damn, Nick goes back on tour next month and you're gonna be in New York..." I sighed. "Guess it's the perfect time for me to work on an album of my own..."

"Who's the lead guy?" Nick asked, looking at Piper in the rearview mirror. "There's always a lead guy."

"Dylan..."

"Dylan... oh my God," I gasped. I knew Nick would probably get jealous in a minute because it hadn't clicked in his mind who she was talking about.

"Who's Dylan?" Nick asked.

"Dylan Hutton. He was in that movie with Kate Winslet last year," Piper said as Nick rolled his eyes. "This is a big deal... plus, he's hot."

"Yeah he is," I laughed, feeling like maybe things would be okay after all. Nick was just in the way making things difficult. "I guess I have an excuse to go to New York now more."

"You come to New York to work with me sometimes and stuff," Nick said as I looked back at Piper.

"To not work," I hissed, causing Piper to chuckle. "Are we okay, now? I'm tired of the awkwardness and the fighting and the weird stuff?"

"Yeah, but I want to talk to you later, girl talk," Piper said as I nodded and turned back around in the seat. "We can party tonight and regret it all tomorrow."

"I'll regret nothing," Nick muttered under his breath causing us both to laugh.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

I was glad Scarlett had made an effort for tonight as we walked into what looked like a shabby warehouse, and into a sparkly, party heaven. The catering staff were all dressed up, and everywhere you looked there was a designer label and a A list celebrity wearing them.

I wasn't too fond of A lister parties, but the alcohol was on tap, and you were never short of a hot guy or two to dance with.

Nick guided us over to the bar before ordering us drinks. I glanced at Scarlett, who was looking around almost in fear. I chuckled, and moved beside her, throwing my arm across her shoulder. "Dude, chill out! You look hot!"

"I feel stupid."

I moved infront of her. "Girl, You.Look.HOT! Tell her Nick!"

He turned around and smiled. "Definitely hot!"

I looked back at Scarlett to see her living up to her name and blushing. I laughed, taking her hand. "Why don't you go ask him to dance?" I pointed at a guy across the bar, and she gasped.

"But thats... thats Bradley Cooper!"

"I KNOW!" I laughed. "Go! He's hot, and rumor has it can dance a girls socks off!"

She looked at me, hesitating, so I grabbed her arm and dragged her over to him, her protesting the whole way over, but by the time we reached him she was silent.

"Bradley!"

He turned to look at us and smiled. "Piper Marsh and Scarlett Jackson! Let me guess, there's a Backstreet Boy nearby."

"Sure," I smiled. "...but he's not in the pretty dress wanting to dance." I looked at Scarlett, who obviously admitted defeat with me and smiled at Bradley.

"Hi."

"Hey..." Bradley smiled, standing up. "Dance?"

I pushed Scarlett closer gently and grinned when she took his hand. I watched them walk to the dancefloor before walking back over to Nick.

"You are so mean to her."

I glanced at Nick, taking the drink he was handing out to me. "Am not. She just needs confidence."

"She has it. She's just not as bold as you."

I looked at Nick. "You say that like its a bad thing."

"It's not. It's just not her."

I looked at the dancefloor, where Scarlett was laughing with Bradley. I smiled, sipping at my drink.

"Well hello again."

My view of the dancefloor was blocked by a guy in a suit. A guy I recognised right away. "Dylan." I smiled as he grinned at me. "How did the audition go?"

He smiled, glancing at Nick before looking back at me. "We're going to be spending alot more time together." He looked back at Nick. "Sorry to butt in. I'm Dylan... Nick Carter, right?"

Nick and Dylan shook hands, exchanging pleasentrys before Dylan turned back to me.

"I'll leave you and your boyfriend to it. See you in New York."

I went to reply, but he walked off, leaving Nick to snort beside me. I looked up at him and shook my head. "You..."

"What? That was funny!"

I shook my head again before finishing my drink. "I want to dance. Lets go!" I grabbed Nick's arm, and waited for him to finish his drink before pulling him onto the dancefloor.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

This wasn't me. I wasn't the party dancing type. I was the type that when I did go to a party, I stood around and talked, sipping wine or champagne. Besides, I was a horrible dancer.

It was the part of being on the Mickey Mouse Club that I was the worse at. In our group routines, I was always put in the back for a reason - because I sucked at it.

"It was good seeing you, Bradley!" I said, thanking him for the dance as I started to make my way out of the crowd. I headed back over to the bar where we were before, except Nick and Piper weren't there. I saw our drinks still sitting there, but I wasn't going to drink it because I didn't know if someone had put something in there.

A waiter walked by and I grabbed a glass of champagne off his tray, taking a sip. This is why I didn't like parties. I always ended up alone. The dance floor and room in general was so crowded that I couldn't see Nick or Piper if they were out on the dance floor or not.

There was a part of me that wanted to tell Nick. It's why I got brave for a split second and wore this dress. Maybe if I just come out and told Piper how I felt, she wouldn't be mad at me for telling Nick I wanted them to stop messing around. But I had pretty much put up with it for as long as I could after walking in on them.

Drinking always made me honest... which is why I tried not to drink around Nick. "Can I get another?" I asked the bartender as he started to turn around and I smacked my hand on the bar. "Actually, can I get something stronger?"

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

I don't know what had been in that drink Nick had given me, but I had been feeling pretty buzzed on the dancefloor. We'd been dancing close for a while, and I could tell Nick was getting as carried away as me.

"Wanna skip the dancefloor?" I said against his ear as his hand brushed my ass for the umpteenth time. I felt him grip my hips.

"Sure."

I pulled back, smiling at him and took his hand. We weaved through the crowds of people on the dancefloor, trying to locate the bar. Nick tugged on my arm, making me turn back to face him. "What?"

He glanced to his left, smirking. I followed his gaze to a door marked "Staff Only", and looked back at him. "What about it?"

He shrugged. "Wanna have some fun... last time before the New Year?"

"But Scarlett..."

He tugged on my arm again before pulling me over to the door. He pushed it open before walking us down a hallway until we got a door marked "office". He opened the door and looked at me grinning when he saw it was empty. "Come on..."

I sighed, knowing this was probably a bad idea, but the alcohol in my system was clouding the part of my brain that gave me common sense, and instead I was walking over to a table that Nick had cleared off and was sitting on it. "Scarlett might be looking for us..."

"Then lets make this quick..." Nick unbuttoned his pants, so I quickly jumped off the table and pulled off my panties. I went to sit back down when Nick grabbed my hips and spun me around before bending me over the table. He pushed himself inside me, making me grip the sides of the table.

It was hard, and fast. Things fell off the table as Nick pounded into me, and it was getting harder and harder to keep quiet. My hands hurt from where I was gripping the table, and my legs started to shake, making Nick hold my hips tighter.

"Fuck..." He hissed, making me bite back a moan. The room was filled with the sounds of us breathing hard, and his hips smacking into mine.

The sound of the door we'd come through opening down the hall made me bite back a shriek. I turned my head to look at Nick, and let out a little moan when Nick reached out and pushed me back down on the table. I fought the urge to cry out as footsteps got closer, and my orgasm started building up.

"Fucking cum!" Nick hissed, pounding into me one more time before I felt my release.

My legs shook as I fought to keep quiet as Nick pounded into me a few times before grunting. I didn't even have time to comprehend what had just happened when Nick hissed as me to get up. I quickly stood up, pulling my dress back down my legs before Nick grabbed my hand and pulled us out the room. I swore we'd bump into whoever was in the hall, but it was empty as we walked back down the hall, and back into the party.

I glanced at Nick, who gave me a small smile before letting go of my hand and walking back to the bar. I watched him a moment before sighing and heading to the bathrooms.

In all the times I'd been sleeping with Nick, this was the first time I'd felt completely used.

And it was no ones fault but my own.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

By the time I saw Nick walking through the crowd, trying not to bump into people who were dancing or just standing around and talking, I was buzzed. I was feeling no pain at all. I had already had three or four shots, a glass of wine and some other kind of drink that had a little twang to it.

And now I was sipping on a beer, which I usually hated, but once a while I drunk one.

"Where'd you go off too?!" I shouted as Nick laughed, walking up to the bar and asking the bartender for a beer.

"Had a phone call so I walked out for a minute," he said, downing the beer and took a deep breath.

"Where's Piper?"

"No idea."

"I don't know either," I sighed, staring at Nick and saw how flushed he looked. "What's wrong? Who was on the phone?"

"Are you drunk?" he asked, ignoring my question as he moved closer to me. He looked dead in my eyes, studying them until I cracked up laughing. "Fuck, you're drunk. You never get drunk. You're all in a hot dress and drunk. You're not very Scarlett like tonight!"

"What's Scarlette like?" I asked, staring at him. "Quiet? Keeps to herself? Thoughtful?"

"Strong... you're being weak by drinking," he said as I rolled my eyes. "I saw you over dancing with Bradley Cooper."

"That was Piper's doing... I don't like him," I whispered before shoving the beer bottle to my lips again. I looked past Nick's shoulder and as someone moved I saw Piper standing there, talking to that Dylan guy who would be in her movie. "Oh there's Piper."

Nick looked over his shoulder and rolled his eyes. "Must be where she's been." I just looked at him as he leaned against the bar on his elbows and looked down at the bar top.

"Everything okay?"

"You wanna get out of here?"

"And go where? It's almost midnight, Nick," I said as I tried to walk closer to him and I almost tripped on my feet, but he caught me. "I don't think I need to go anywhere."

"You've had too much to drink," he said, pushing the beer away from my hands. "Come on, let's go dance and sober you up," he said, grabbing my hand and leading me out to the dance floor as I wabbled behind him.

[/Scarlett]

 


 

[Piper]

After a quick visit to the restroom I walked back up to the dancefloor. I could see Nick talking with Scarlett at the bar. I'd hoped to go and hang with Scarlett for a bit, but I could see them talking so scanned the dancefloor before feeling someone touch my arm. I spun around to see Dylan.

"Where have you been?" He smiled at me, standing infront of me. I smiled at him before shrugging.

"Around. Having fun?"

He glanced around before standing closer. "Honestly? It's alright..."

I chuckled. "Yea, this is as exciting as they get really. I need a drink, come with me to the bar?"

"Sure, but I'm buying."

I turned to walk over to the bar, and blinked when I saw Nick guiding Scarlett away. I watched them as we walked over to the bar, and they walked out to the dancefloor. I felt Dylan stand beside me. "What would you like?"

I turned to look at him and smiled before leaning against him. "Surprise me..."

Half an hour later I was sipping my third cocktail and flirting heavily with Dylan. It turned out we had quite a bit in common, from movies we'd gone for in the past, and people we knew. We'd been talking up a storm when the DJ announced it was two minutes till midnight. I threw back the rest of my cocktail before putting the glass down and taking Dylan's hand.

"Wanna go on the dancefloor?"

He smiled, finishing his own drink before nodding. He guided us onto the dance floor, which was filled with people cheering and dancing as the big screen behind the DJ counted us down to midnight. Dylan pulled us to a stop and spun me around. "I think us making this movie is going to be interesting..."

I smiled, moving my arms up around his neck. "Oh yea?"

He nodded. "Yup. I think we're going to get along really well..."

The countdown got to 10 seconds to go, and me and Dylan were looking at each other smiling as the crowd got louder around us. As the countdown hit 5 his hand brushed my cheek, and by 0... we were kissing.

[/Piper]

 


 

[Scarlett]

10 seconds to midnight!

"WHOOO!" I yelled as I jumped up and down on the dance floor. "10 seconds!"

"Whoo hooo," Nick said sarcastically as he grabbed my hand and started to pull me off the dance floor.

"No, wait, let's stay," I said, trying to pull him back.

5

4

3

2

1

I saw Nick glaring at something so I looked over my shoulder to see what it was. It was Piper and that Dylan guy kissing.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Everybody around us started jumping up and down or kissing one another and Nick had a pissed off look on his face. I looked back again as confetti started flying around from the roof and I felt brave. Maybe it was the alcohol. I know it was the alcohol.

I walked up to Nick who was just a little taller than I was and quickly pressed my lips against his, kissing him and I freaked out for a second until he started to kiss me back.

What the hell was going to happen next?

[/Scarlett]