- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 25

 

Jessi

 

Hanna Jo looks scared to death.  Honestly, I’m nervous.  This could lead us into dangerous territory.  I pray she takes a dare, but I’m not surprised when she chooses a truth.  Nick surprises me though, when he says, “Listen, if any question or dare makes any of us uncomfortable, we don’t have to do it, agreed?” Looking at AJ, he continues quietly. “I don’t want to offend the girls.”

 

I see Hanna Jo relax considerably.  I unzip my boots and pull them off, deciding if we’re going to play; I’m going to be comfortable.  I pull my knees up and wrap my arms around them.  “So, Nick is first and he picks Hanna.  Which do you want, Ho Jo?”

 

She looks at me and stammers, “Umm, well, I guess…truth.”

 

Nick leans back on his elbows on my bed, crossing his ankles on the floor.  I just want to crawl all over him.  Instead, I look away, knowing if I stare, I’m going to get myself into serious trouble.  I’m shocked when he asks her, “Have you ever kissed a girl?”

 

I’m even more shocked when Hanna Jo lowers her eyes and whispers, “Umm, well, kind of.”

 

My mouth drops open, but AJ beats me to the punch. “YOU DID?”

 

Her face turns a bright shade of red. She clears her throat and says, “Technically, she kissed me.  It was during high school.”

 

I cross my legs and lean forward. “Hanna Jo, you just blew my mind.  What happened?”

 

She shrugs and plays with a loose string on the hem of her jeans.  “Well, you know I went to an all girls’ school right?”  I nod. “We had a party one night and I was kind of alone.  No one was really my friend.  One of the girls two years ahead of me started talking to me.  I found out later, she was dared by her friends to kiss a freshman. She said she chose me because I didn’t have braces or look like a horror movie reject.”

 

AJ puts his arm around her. “No, you DEFINITELY don’t look like a horror movie reject!”

 

Nick shakes his head.  “Well, I guess this game will be full of surprises. You’re up, Hanna Jo.”

 

I can almost see the wheels in her mind turn.  I say, “You know guys, we’re not being fair to Hanna Jo. She’s never played. Why don’t we play boys against girls? I can help her think of her questions or dares…just till she gets the hang of it.”

 

Before either can say anything, Hanna says, “I think I have an idea...”

 

I know I’m in trouble.  “OK, Ho Jo, who you picking?” 

 

I’m not at all surprised when she says, “You, Jessi.”

 

Thinking I’m safe with Hanna Jo being in control, I say, “OK, I’ll take a dare.”

 

When she smiles, I know I’m in deep shit.  “I, umm, I dare you to kiss AJ.”

 

Nick sits up.  AJ just grins.  I’m still tipsy enough, I’m not embarrassed.  I look at her. “Are you SURE Ho Jo?”

She nods. “I’m sure.”

 

I just grin.  We had talked about sharing Nick and AJ.  I guess this is my chance.  I totally ignore Nick and stand.  AJ’s smile looks completely wicked. He smirks at Nick.  “I’m going to ruin her for you Nick. She’s never gonna want you again.”

 

I look at Nick. He’s staring at me.  I smile and wink at him. “Are you really worried?”

 

He stares at me.  He almost looks upset. “It’s your choice.”  His attitude kind of shocks me.  He acts jealous.  But it’s truth or dare. This doesn’t mean anything. Not to me anyway.

 

I move to AJ.  He’s still sitting on Hanna’s bed.  I glance at her. She actually looks like she’s enjoying this.  I grab AJ’s face and lean closer.  When our lips touch, the first thing that springs to mind is where were his lips before we barged in?  Then sensation takes over and I’ll be damned if the boy isn’t an expert kisser.  In my mind, I can’t help but compare him to Nick.  I’m not fond of the facial hair, but his lips are soft.

 

I almost wet my pants when his tongue rolls across my lower lip. Instinct makes my lips part.  I almost jump when his tongue and mine touch.  It’s nice…but I think it’s time to stop.

 

When I pull away, he winks at me.  I blush and turn.  When I sit back down, Nick makes no move to slide close to me like before.  Uh oh, he’s not happy. 

 

I cross my legs.  I look around before saying, “OK, Nick. Truth or dare?”

 

He looks sullen.  “Dare.”

 

I cross my arms, meeting his stare.  “I dare you to kiss AJ or Hanna.  You choose which.”

 

He smirks.  AJ looks scared.  Hanna?  She just looks at me like I’ve lost my mind.  Nick stands and takes Hanna’s hands, pulling her to her feet.  Before she can blink, he’s holding her close and his lips close over hers, almost possessively. 

 

Her hands are on his waist.  He slides his around her back and I see his fingers inching downward.  OK, I didn’t get THAT into my kiss with AJ.  I know he’s trying to piss me off, so I don’t let it show that he’s hurting me when he finally lets go of her and sits back down.

 

He smirks at me and says, “OK, Jessica, your turn. Truth or dare?”

 

I raise my eyebrow.  “Dare.”

 

He rubs his hand over his neck.  “I dare you to call one of the other guys and fake an orgasm over the phone.”

 

I lean to the nightstand and grab my phone. “Which guy?”

 

He thinks a minute.  “Donnie.”

 

OK, this is SUCH a low blow.  I know he can see the anger in my eyes. I look at AJ. “What’s Donnie’s number?”

 

AJ stammers, “You’re really going to do this?”

 

I nod. “I am. What’s the number?” He rattles it off and they all watch me as I lean back on the bed, propping up against the head board.  When Donnie answers, I say seductively, “Donnie? This is Jessi.”

 

He’s shocked and it’s evident in his voice. “Hey. Umm, I’m surprised you’re calling me.”

 

I twirl my hair in with my fingers and stare at Nick. “I kind of am, too. What are you doing?”

 

I can almost see the asinine smirk on his face.  “I was tweeting.  Thinking of you.”

 

I smile. The opening I need. “What were you thinking about me?”

 

He quietly asks, “Do you REALLY want to know?”

 

I lower my voice and whisper, “I want to know every detail.”

 

He clears his throat. “Honestly, I was remembering how sweet your lips taste. And how hot you felt when my hand slide between your legs.”

 

Against my better judgment, I feel my body tense. “That really did feel good. I wish it had lasted longer.” By now, Nick is staring at me with open hostility.  I don’t dare look at AJ or Hanna. Instead, I continue by saying, “You have a gentle touch.”

 

I hear an uneasy silence.  Finally, he whispers, “What the fuck are you doing?”

 

I’m startled by his vehemence. “Talking to you. What are you doing?”

 

He growls, “No, you’re up to something.  You’ve been giving me the cold shoulder since we met again. Now all of the sudden you call me like a dog in heat. What’s the joke?”

 

I sigh. “No joke, Donnie. I was remembering what it was like the first time we met.  The letters you wrote me.  I was a stupid teenage girl with fantasies no mortal man could live up to. I thought you wanted to be friends now.”

 

He sighs. “I do. But you call me acting like you want phone sex.  What gives?”

 

I stare directly at Nick. “Well, I was kind of feeling neglected.  Thinking about you made me think about how you used to make me feel.” Taking a deep breath, I lower my voice and say, “You know…I’ve heard your backrubs. Those things should come with warning labels.”

 

Nick’s mouth drops. I hear Hanna Jo gasp and AJ chuckles with glee.  Donnie on the other hand…he’s stunned.  When he speaks, I know I have him hooked. “So you like the idea of me rubbing you, do you?”

 

I close my eyes, not thinking of how badly this is going to end when I see him again. “I do think about that. I bet your hands feel good.”

 

His voice drops to a gravelly whisper. “Baby, I bet your BODY feels good.”

 

I open my eyes and stare at Nick as I whisper, “MMM, the things you do to me.”

 

Nick knows I’m talking to him now. He slides his hand over and grabs my ankle, rubbing it lightly.  I gasp.  Donnie thinks it’s because of him. “You sound hot Baby. I wish I could touch you now.” I moan as Nick’s hand slides up my legs. My jeans are tight so I can feel the heat of his touch.  I can’t take my eyes off his. Donnie whispers, “Girl, you sound like you’re gonna explode. How horny are you?”

 

I lick my lips, Nick copies my move. “I want you,” I whisper.

 

Nick leans forward and kisses my calf.  I almost scream.  Then I remember what I’m supposed to be doing.  My eyes fly to Hanna Jo and AJ. They both are STUNNED.  I blush, turning back to Nick. He kisses my knee and whispers, “You win.”

 

I sigh. Before Donnie thinks he’s talking me to an orgasm, I say, “Donnie, I’m so sorry, Hanna Jo just came in. I can’t…”

 

He sighs loudly. “It’s ok. I don’t want it over the phone anyway. Can we talk? Soon?”

 

I sigh. “I think we should talk. Seriously. JUST TALK.”

 

I almost see him smirk. “We’ll see. Tell Hanna Jo I said hi.”

 

After hanging up, AJ whistles. “DAMN GIRL!”

 

I sigh, turning off my phone.  Nick slides closer to me. “You ok?”

 

I nod. “Yeah. Now I have to explain to Donnie that I didn’t really want him.”

 

Nick’s mouth drops open. “Jessi…”

 

I shake my head and put my hand on the side of his face. “Stop. I didn’t have to do it.  I think if I can talk to him calmly and rationally, I can make him understand my feelings have changed.”

 

He kisses my palm.  “Are you sure?”

 

I nod, firmly believing it when I say, “I’m sure.”

 

The game continues for almost an hour.  AJ mooned everyone outside the window.  Hanna and I both streaked down the hall topless.  Nick stripped to his underwear, causing me to get horny and Hanna to get embarrassed.  I even dared Hanna Jo to call her mother and say, “I fucked a Backstreet Boy. And I loved it!”  Oh, her mother’s lecture was ringing in MY ears when she hung up.

 

Now we’re back around to truths.  AJ looks at me and says, “Jessi, have you ever broken the law?”

I bite my tongue.  This isn’t a question I want to answer. Finally, I say, “Technically…yes.”

 

Nick looks intrigued.  “Do we get details?”

I slowly shake my head. “I’d rather not talk about it now.”

 

He slides his hand over mine. “Jessi, what’s wrong?”

I shake my head.  “Please, just let it go?”

 

He nods, but I can see he wants to know what happened.  Funny thing is, the only law I broke was taking money for sexual favors. I didn’t have sex with any of the men at the bank, but allowing them to touch me then get off is technically a sexual favor.  I just don’t want Hanna to know we really DIDN’T rob the bank.  That scheme brought her out of the shell her mother and father locked her in. I don’t ever want her to go back to being what she was before our big adventure began.

 

We go through a few more innocent questions, then Nick says, “Hanna Jo, how many shows are you two going to?”

 

My eyes lock with her.  This is getting too intense. She kind of whispers, “All of them.”

 

AJ looks totally shocked. Nick…doesn’t.  AJ looks back and forth between us. “That has to cost a fortune! What, one of you is the black sheep Kardashian?”

 

I sigh.  This isn’t what we need to talk about.  I slide off the bed and slip my feet into a pair of Keds. “I need a coke.  I’ll be back.”

 

As I’m running out the door, I hear AJ say, “There’s coke in the mini-fridge.”

 

I run to the elevator, hearing Nick behind me yelling, “Jessi, wait!” I pray the door will close before he gets in, but when he slips between the closing barrier, I just close my eyes.  “What’s wrong, Jessi?”

 

I shake my head. “Please let it go.”

 

He grabs my arms. “Look at me.” When I look up at him towering over me, he whispers, “Jessi, whatever it is…please tell me.”

 

I smile weakly. “It’s nothing Nick. I just…I don’t want to talk about it. Not now. OK?”

He nods. “Jessi…I like you a lot. If you’re in trouble…”

 

I almost laugh hysterically. “I’m not Nick. It’s just…I just want to forget it, ok? Please? I’m begging you.”

 

He cups my face in his hands and whispers, “Shh. You don’t have to beg me for anything. I’ll let it go if you promise that someday you’ll tell me.”

 

I nod. “Someday.”

 

He hugs me close, his hand holding my head against his chest. He chuckles and whispers, “Every show, huh?”

 

I nod and force a giggle. “I’m stalking you, Carter.”

 

He kisses the top of my head.  “Good.”