- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Dottie

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 33

 

It took some doing, but I convinced Hanna Jo to go find AJ. I promised I was going to stay on the bus and wait for Nick. Which I am. But I also have to send a text and get some things in motion.  First the text to Thad. ‘911 Sonja’.

 

Less than five minutes later, my phone rings. “What’s wrong?”

 

I sigh. “One of the men from the bank saw a picture of me his brother posted on Twitter.”

 

Thad swears. “Wahlberg? Jessi, what the hell is wrong with you?”

 

I snap. “Fuck you Thad, I didn’t pose. But I gotta get away, he’s called his brother wanting to know who I am.”

 

Thad sighs. “Look, I’m sorry. It’s just we’re so close. You still want to go with the plan you laid out?”

 

I close my eyes. “Yes. Make the reservation and text me.”

 

I hear papers rustling. “You remember the code, right?”

 

My turn to sigh. “Yes, Thad I do. Will you be there?”

 

I hear a thump.  Something fell off his always cluttered desk. “Yes, I’ll be there, but not for a few days. Will you be ok?”

 

I close my eyes. “Yeah, I’ll be ok. I’ll be where we planned.” After a moment’s silence, I whisper, “Thad…after I’m gone, will you call Hanna Jo and explain it to her? And tell her how sorry I am?”

 

I hear sadness in his voice. “I can’t, Jessi. No contact is the rule. Don’t even leave a note.”

 

I want to scream. “Thad, PLEASE! She’s my best friend!”

 

I can see him shaking his head, the predictable bastard. “NO! I mean it Jessi, don’t do it. Just walk away. It won’t be for long and I think they will all forgive you when it’s over.”

 

I sniffle. “Hanna Jo will. I don’t know about…” Shaking my head, I say, “Thad, is Donnie Wahlberg mixed up with his brother’s business?”

 

I can hear his fingers clicking away on his computer. “We can’t tell. If he is, he plays it very close to the vest. Steer clear of him.”

 

Before I can reply, I hear the bus door open and I disconnect the call. Thad will understand. When I turn, I’m shocked to see Donnie standing there, rage in his eyes. “How the hell do you know my brother?”

 

I glare at him.  “What the hell are you talking about? I’ve never met your brother! You’re the only Wahlberg I have the unfortunate pleasure of knowing. Is he a conceited bastard too?”

 

He lunges forward and grabs my arms. “Damn you, don’t play games with me. I just got read the riot act because my brother thinks he knows you. If there’s one thing Paul knows, it’s women, now how the fuck do you know him?” Before I can say anything, his hands drop and his face pales. “The men at the bank…”

 

Before I can reply, Nick jumps up on the bus. “Wahlberg, what the fuck are you doing here? Can’t you get it through your thick head to leave Jessi alone? Or do I have to kick your ass again?”

 

Donnie ignores Nick and stares at me.  “Jessi, did he…?”

 

I shrug and say, “I seriously don’t know your brother. Now will you leave me the hell alone? I’ve answered your damn question, now GO!”

 

Once he’s gone, Nick pulls me into his arms. “Jessi, you ok?”  I just shiver, pressing myself tightly against him, trying to memorize the feel of his arms wrapped around me. He rubs my back.  “Shh, Jessi, it’s ok, don’t cry.”

           

Until he said it, I didn’t realize I was sobbing.  I tangle my fist in his shirt and hold on tightly as I let the sadness wash over me. I’m gonna miss him so much. And Hanna Jo. But I have to do this.

 

He guides me to the back of the bus and we lay on his bed.  I snuggle against him and cry my heart out and he just holds me close.  When the tears subside, I realize the bus is on the move.  I tilt my head back and meet Nick’s gaze. He smiles gently. “Want to talk about it?”

 

I pull myself up in the bed until I’m face to face with him.  “No, Nick…I don’t want to talk.” I press my lips to his. I feel his fingers on my back, pulling me closer.  I end up lying on top of him. 

 

I move my lips along his jaw line to his neck. He growls in my ear, “You are so damn sexy.”

 

I smile against his neck before sucking his earlobe into my mouth.  He groans when I let it go. I chuckle and whisper, “You like that?”

 

He rolls over, pinning me to the bed. “I like your lips on my body, Baby. Anywhere on my body.”

 

I sit up, straddling his waist and pull my t-shirt off.  His warm fingertips slide up and down my sides.  I reach behind me and unhook my bra.  As my arms fall, he uses his thumbs to pull it from my body.  He tosses it aside, bringing his hands up to cup my breasts, running his thumbs over my taut nipples.

 

I sigh, my hands running down his arms to his elbows.  He sits up, pushing his arms around my body and pulling me close to his chest, crushing my lips with his. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I’m telling myself to savor the moment…for I’ll probably never get to touch him like this again.

 

After a lingering kiss, I push away from him and stand, opening my jeans and slowly pushing them down my body. He stands beside me, towering over me as he undresses.  I crawl up onto the bed, sitting on my knees to watch him. I love how his body moves. For someone so tall, he’s smooth and agile as he tosses aside his clothes and joins me.

 

He cups my face and stares into my eyes. “Why do I feel like you’re telling me good bye?”

 

I ache on the inside but I manage to lie and say, “Nick, how can I say good bye when I’m not going anywhere?”

 

He kisses me deeply, pushing me onto my back.  He stretches out beside me and slides a leg up over mine as his lips move to my neck. Between kisses he whispers, “Jessi, I can keep you safe. Trust me.”

 

I know he can.  But the only way I can keep HIM safe is to leave.  I swallow my tears and whisper, “I trust you Nick.”

 

Our bodies almost move as one. My legs part as he lowers himself between them, but he doesn’t press into me.  He kisses his way down my body, making me shiver.  Sliding his hands up under my thighs, he opens me fully to his gaze and his mouth.  I swear I see stars as he locks his lips around the most intimate part of my body and suckles gently. 

 

The muscles in my legs tense as my hips begin to dance. He holds me tight, his tongue delving in as deeply as it can.  The shockwaves in my body makes my blood surge through my veins.  I’ve had orgasms with Nick many times, but my body has never felt as worshipped as it does at this moment.

 

As I catch my breath, he moves back up my body. Kissing my hip, letting his tongue dip into my belly button.  I giggle as he skims across my ribs, tickling me. I thread my fingers through his hair as his chest settles onto mine.  We stare into each other’s eyes.  He smiles a lazy smile and whispers, “Ready for me?”

 

I nod, my heart constricting as I whisper, “Please Nick!”

 

He guides himself inside me slowly. He really is well endowed and to be honest, the first time I saw him nude, I was afraid he was too big.  But when he’s sheathed in my wetness, it’s like we were made for each other.  My feet slide up the back of his legs as he pumps in and out slowly.  “MMM Jessi, it feels so good to be inside you.”

 

I fight a losing battle to keep my tears at bay as I whisper, “Oh Nick…”

 

He kisses across my face, licking away the saltiness of my tears as his body brings me a kind of pleasure I never dreamed possible. For hours and hours, he brings us both to the brink, only to stop and make the night last.  Just as the sun is coming up on the fast speeding bus, he’s collapsing beside me, holding me close and kissing my temple. “Jessi, My Darling, that was incredible.”

 

I kiss his chest as I snuggle closer, memorizing the feel of his arms around me.  “Oh it was Nick. I never knew it could be so…so…amazing.”

 

He chuckles sleepily.  “This is only the beginning Jessi. Now that I know you trust me…Baby anything is possible for us.  ANYTHING!”

 

I listen to his heart beating under my ear as he drifts into a deep, deep sleep.  Once I know he’s out for the count, I sit up slowly, letting silent tears fall.  I kiss him gently on his lips before sliding from his arms.  I take a quick shower then dress quietly.  I throw a few outfits into an overnight back along with my toothbrush and deodorant.  I grab the emergency stash of cash I have and shove it into my purse.

 

I grab my phone and memorize the information Thad sent me. Once it’s burned into my mind, I erase everything and dump the phone in the sink, running water over it. I step out of the bathroom and look at Nick, letting the scalding tears fall.

 

I stare at him until the bus slows, pulling into a gas station. I want to kiss him good bye, but I know I can’t.  I walk away quickly, making sure the driver is well occupied as I run from the bus and into the station.  As the bus pulls away, I let the sobs overtake me.  I pray I can get to the airport in London before anyone realizes I’m gone.

 

I manage to get someone to call a taxi for me and in twenty minutes, I’m on my way.  On my way to lose myself in Australia. On my way away from the people I love. I don’t even try to stop the tears as I think about Nick. He’ll be so angry that I’ve left. But I did it for him. I have to keep him and Hanna Jo safe. No matter what the cost.