- Text Size +

PROJECT: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2012

 

Chapter 4

 

To say I was stunned was the understatement of the year. Jessi is Miss Confident. If she can’t talk to Nick, how was I going to talk to AJ? I didn’t get a chance to think about it because AJ and Nick were walking towards us.

 

“Hello ladies!” AJ smiles at us. I blush at his salutation. Just his smile alone turns me into mush.

 

“Hi there, AJ!” Jessi replies easily. She definitely isn’t shy with him. I wonder how she will react when Nick starts talking.

 

“So you know who we are?” AJ chuckles.

 

Nick stands there with a grin on his face. His eyes are fixated on Jessi. I can see the attraction in his eyes.  He’s all about her. That makes me happy. She will get her wish of being with him.

 

“Of course we do. Right Hanna Jo.” Jessi nudges me with her elbow. Ouch, now I’m going to have a bruise. I nod my head.

 

“So the beautiful blonde has a name.” AJ grins at me. I look down at the table so he can’t see me blush.

 

“And do you have a name?” Nick asks casually, addressing my best friend.

 

It’s quiet, and I wonder what’s wrong. I look up and Jessi is staring at Nick just as intently as he is at her. I decide to be brave. “Her name is Jessi.”

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet a woman as beautiful as you.” Nick is laying on the charm. I know he’s keen on her.

 

“Umm…the pleasure…is…umm….all mine.” Jessi gets out. I am happy that she is making an attempt to talk. Unfortunately, I’m not that brave yet. AJ makes me all tongue tied.

 

“No the pleasure is mine.” Nick doesn’t take his eyes of her. I can see Jessi trembling. It’s odd seeing her so nervous around a guy.

 

“It was nice meeting you Hanna Jo and Jessi. It looks like you’re on our flight. Hopefully we’ll get to talk again. Take care ladies.”

 

Jessi and I stare at them as they walk away. I notice Nick adjusting himself and I start to giggle. I turn to look at Jessi and she is besotted.

 

“I think little Nicky has a crush on you.” I tease, pushing Jessi out of her reverie.

 

“It’s certainly not little.” She comments with wide eyes. I giggle at her expression. She is back to being her regular self.

 

“Oh my! Did you see him fix himself when he left? There’s definitely an attraction between the two of you. Just wait until they realize we are following them.”

 

“Nick’s just a big flirt. I’m sure he’s like that with all of his adoring fans.” Jessi brushes off my observation.

 

“Jessi stop being such a spazz. Nick didn’t look at me that way. He wants you.” I’m surprised at Jessi’s lack of confidence when it comes to Nick.

 

“Well I can say the same for AJ. He totally thought you were a hottie.”  She exclaims.

 

“I guess. I couldn’t even utter an intelligible word. What is wrong with us?” I sigh as I stand up. “We’re so pathetic.”

 

“I promise it will get easier. We have the whole European tour to get to know them better, especially between the sheets.” Jessi smirks and I start to laugh.

 

“Especially between the sheets. Do you really think we’ll get to sleep with them?” I want to have sex with AJ, but I’m so nervous about it. If I can’t even talk to him, how am I going to do it with him? I need to overcome my shyness.

 

“I have no doubt, Ho Jo. I know I talk about throwing myself at Nick, but that’s just a fantasy. I may be wild, but I don’t want him thinking I’m just a groupie that wants fucked.” Jessi is getting all serious on me.

 

We grab our carry-ons and head towards our gate. Both of us are lost in thought about what just happened in the lounge. Our fantasies feel like they are coming true. I am excited, but cautious at the same time. I have no doubt Jessi can pull this off, but I’m not sure about myself. AJ doesn’t seem the type to go for a naïve woman like me.

 

Finally it’s time to board the plane. Jessi and I find our seats. After putting our carry-ons in the overhead compartment, I take my seat next to the window. I’m busy starring at the tarmac, when Jessi pinches me.

 

“Ouch!” I turn and give her a dirty look. “What did you do that for?”

 

She leans over and whispers into my ear, “They’re sitting in front of us. Can you believe our luck! It’s like everything is falling into place for us.”

 

“Do you really think they are even going to take any notice of us? “ Just as I finish my sentence, AJ stands up and turns toward us.

 

“Hi Hanna Jo.”

 

I’m flustered and stare at him for a moment. I feel my mouth start to open, “Umm…h…h…hi…umm...AJ.” I am amazed that I got the words out.

 

“I was thinking that maybe you and Nick could trade places. I’d rather sit by you than his smelly ass.” He cackles, while Nick stands up.

 

“Like I want to sit next to a freak like you. I’m sure Jessi wouldn’t mind me sitting next to her.” He gives Jessi his trademark smirk.

 

“I think that is a wonderful idea. Don’t you agree, Hanna?” She nudges me with her elbow. By the end of this trip, I’m going to be full of bruises.

 

“Umm….sure.”

 

Jessi lets me through, so I can get out.  Nick and I quickly switch seats. I am more than nervous. What am I going to say to AJ? I don’t even have Jessi to help me.

 

“I’m glad you decided to sit with me.”

 

“Me, too.” I hope that I don’t sound too eager. I’m afraid I’m going to embarrass myself.

 

“So are you a fan?”

 

I’m shocked that’s that first thing he would ask me. “Yeah, I am.” I answer honestly.

 

“Cool. So, you must know a lot about me. I don’t know anything about the lovely Hanna.” His hand grazes my arm. I get goose bumps from his slight touch.

 

“You have a whole flight to get to know me.” I say quietly.

 

“What about after that?” He asks seriously as he takes his sunglasses off. He doesn’t take his eyes off me.

 

I am flabbergasted. Is he serious? I try to think of something witty to say. I try to channel my inner Jessi. What would she say? “That’s up to you.” I attempt to flirt.

 

“I think this is going to be a long, beautiful friendship.”

 

The flight seems shorter than I thought, probably because I was so caught up in conversing with AJ. Once I got over being a fan girl, it was easier chatting with him. He was easy to talk to and had a fun, quirky personality.

 

I hope that Jessi is having as good a time I was having with AJ. It seems like Nick and Jessi were hitting it off.

 

If nothing else happened between AJ and me, at least I got to spend some time with one of the nicest guys around. I was a happy girl, but I definitely wanted more.