- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Rachel

Copyright 2013

 

Chapter 42

 

Hanna Jo

 

“Hanna, wake up.” Jessi whispers. I was dreaming about AJ and didn’t want to be pulled back into reality. I turn over on my side and ignore her. “Ho Jo, wake up. It’s time to go home.”

 

Jessi’s last comment forces me to sit up. “What do you mean?” I question still in a fog.

 

“Donnie arrived and scared the shit out Paul. We can go back now.” Jessi says excitedly. She’s overly enthusiastic which concerns me. I wonder what I missed while I was asleep.

 

I stand up and stretch, forcing myself to focus. Jessi is grabbing her stuff and throwing it into her bag.  All I can do is watch.

 

“Let’s go Ho Jo! We got to get you back to AJ.” She says with a smile.

 

“Jessi, are you umm sure everything is legit with Donnie?” I’m not one hundred percent sure about him.

 

“If you’d have seen the way Paul coward when Donnie arrived, you would have shit yourself.” Jessi grabs my hand. “Now let’s go!”

 

When we get downstairs Donnie is leaning against a wall waiting for us. He’s looking calm and relaxed. “Are you ladies ready to go?”

 

“Yes, we got to get Ho Jo back to her man.” She laughs. I can’t tell if Jessi is trying to be flirty or everything has finally gotten to her. She is full of giggles.

 

“And you want to get back to Nick.” I reply. Jessi glares at me. What happened while I was asleep? I grab my purse and make my way outside, leaving Jessi and Donnie together.

 

The ride to the airport is quiet. Everyone is lost in thought. I can’t help but notice how close Jessi is sitting next to Donnie. His arm is draped around her shoulder. If she were any closer, Jessi would be sitting on his lap. I pray that she is not falling for Donnie’s hero complex. A leopard doesn’t change his spots.

 

As soon as we arrive at the airport, a private jet is waiting for us. Donnie has pulled out all the stops. Is he trying to be nice or is he trying to seduce Jessi? I’m not sure of his intentions, but I don’t trust him.

 

Once again my best friend is practically sitting on top of Donnie. I wanted to talk to her privately, but that isn’t going to happen anytime soon. We sit in silence waiting to return to the tour. After a while, I look over at Jessi. She’s fast asleep against Donnie.

 

I decide to be brave and confront Donnie. “So, what’s going on between you and Jessi?”

 

“Nothing. What makes you think something is going on?” He rests his arm around her.

 

“Ever since you swooped in and became the knight in shining armor, Jessi looks at you differently.”

 

“Hanna, I think that Jessi is grateful that I was able to get rid of Paul.” Donnie replies coolly. Nothing seems to affect him.

 

“Something had to have happen between the two of you.” I sigh. I’m tired, and I want to be in bed with AJ.

 

“Just because we kissed doesn’t mean anything is going on between us.” Donnie touches his lips.

 

“YOU KISSED HER?” I shriek. I can’t believe that Jessi didn’t tell me. “Can’t you just leave her alone? She has feelings for Nick. You need keep your dirty paws off of her.”

 

“Down, girl.” He smiles at me. I want to slap him across the face. “There’s nothing between Jessi and I. I’m fully aware of her feelings for Nick, and I respect that. I’m not going to ruin what they have.”

 

 

 

After what seems like forever, we are back at the venue. Its early morning, but the guys have press to do, so Jessi, Donnie, and I walk into catering. Most of the guys are sitting around eating breakfast before the press conference which starts in a half hour. I look around and notice that AJ is sitting at a table with Howie and Brian. I notice Nick is nowhere to be found.

 

I walk over to the table, leaving Jessi and Donnie standing by the buffet. All I want is to be wrapped in AJ’s strong arms. “Alex.”

 

His chair pushes back and he turns to look at me. “Han!” He pulls me close to him, hugging me like he hasn’t seen me in years. “I’m so glad you are safe. I was worried sick about you.”

 

I plant a kiss on his mouth. I don’t want to talk about this right now. All I want is to be with AJ. We kiss for a few minutes, before AJ backs away from me. “It’s good to be back.”

 

“You Could Have Been Killed!” AJ is upset with me.

 

“Maybe we should talk in private.” I suggest quietly. I don’t want to have this conversation in front of an audience. “Let’s talk after your press conference.”

 

“I want to talk NOW!!” He shouts at me. I’m taken aback.

 

“Would you please calm down?” I plead. I look around and see all eyes looking at us. “You’re causing a scene.”

 

AJ grabs my wrist. “I don’t fucking care if I am causing a scene. You could have gotten yourself killed. Who knows what Paul Wahlberg would have done with you?”

 

“I didn’t know he was going to show up.” I reply evenly. I don’t want to start a fight in front of the whole tour.

 

“Bullshit. You told me that you were going to get Jessi. Never once did I think you were going to be part of a fucking kidnapping by the brother of New Kids on the Block.”

 

I pull away from his tight grasp. “This is not the time and place. Talk to me after you’re done with the press.” Slowly I start to walk away.

 

“GET BACK HERE NOW!” He screams.

 

I stop in my tracks, count to five and turn around. I stare at AJ who has smoke coming out of his ears.

 

“This will never happen again. I’m not going to let you out of my sight.” AJ says as he comes closer.

 

“I beg your pardon?” I ask. Confusion settles in my brain. Did he really just say that to me?

 

“You heard me, Hanna. I’m not letting you out of my sight. Look what happens when I do. That fucker and his crony could have raped you and left you for dead. Then Donnie had to come to the fucking rescue, while I was worried sick about you.”  He states with anger.

 

“For the millionth time, I didn’t plan on this happening.  I can’t control what happened any more than you can.” I stop to take a deep breath. “There is no way you are going to tell me what to do now or ever.”

 

“If you’re my girlfriend than you are going to listen to me.” AJ’s barbarian ways were not sitting well with me. I had enough of people telling me how to live my life.

“Well then, maybe I shouldn’t be your girlfriend!” I yell back. AJ’s face says it all. He’s in shock that I’m standing up to him. “I’ve lived almost my entire life under controlling parents. It took me years to learn to be independent and stand up for myself. I’m not going to let you or anyone else take that away from me.”

 

“Hanna, that’s not what I’m trying to do.” He leans against the wall.

 

I lower my voice to a whisper. “It most certainly is. I don’t want to be controlled by the man I love. This is the first time in my fucking life that I’ve got to experience living life the way I see fit. You only know the Hanna you see now. I wasn’t always like this. I will not let you tear me down because you want to control me.” The next words are the hardest to get out of my mouth. “I love you Alex, but I think we need to take a break.”

 

Before he has a chance to say anything, I turn around and walk away. I thought what happened at Cottage Point was bad, but this is ten times worse. I can’t and won’t have anyone take charge of my life. It won’t happen, even if that means AJ and I are not together.

 

I continue down the hallway looking for Jessi. She has to around here somewhere. Not paying attention to where I’m walking, I bump straight into Donnie.

 

“Is everything okay Hanna?” He asks tenderly. I don’t realize until then that I’m crying.

 

“Not really.” I sniffle.

 

Donnie envelopes me a hug. “I heard AJ yelling at you. I’m sorry he treated you that way.”

 

I back away from him. I really need to find Jessi and talk to her. “Do you know where Jessi went?”

 

“She was on her way to Nick’s bus. I’m sure you’ll find her there.”

 

“Thanks Donnie.” I rush off in my need to find Jessi. Once I turned the corner, I find the exit that leads to the buses.

“Where you going in such a rush?” Nick asks. I’m totally confused. If Jessi is at his bus, why is Nick roaming the venue? He has twenty minutes before the press conference starts. I figure the two of them would be making up.

 

“I’m…I’m looking for Jessi. She was supposed to be meeting you at your bus.”  I stammer nervously.

 

The look on Nick’s face is scary. “I just came from there. Where the hell is she? When did you get back?” Nick’s temper is starting to flair.

 

“We got back about fifteen minutes ago. She told me that she wanted to talk with you Nick. Do you want me to help you look for her?” I ask cautiously. What is going on with Jessi? I thought she was falling for Nick.

 

“If you want. I really don’t give a shit. I can’t believe she doesn’t even want to see me. After what we shared before we left. I thought we had something. Damn Jessi.”  Nick complains as we head toward the buses.

 

“HANNA JO WAIT!!!” AJ screams.

 

“Nick, go ahead. I’ll catch up in a minute.” I give him a slight push and turn around to walk back to AJ. “Do you need something or are you going to tell me what I can or cannot do?”

 

“Did you really mean it when you said you love me?” AJ asks dumbfounded. I just stare at him, not wanting to answer his question.