- Text Size +

Project: nkotBSB

By Dottie

Copyright 2013

 

Chapter 55

 

Jessi

 

So what do I do now?  I’m sitting in a hotel bar waiting for a flight back to the states.  Unfortunately, I have to wait another 16 hours for the flight Thad managed to book.  They put me on standby in case a seat opens up, but that’s just not the way my luck is running.

 

I stare at my phone.  I know I should call Hanna Jo.  I sigh deeply as I let the phone dial. She’s going to be pissed I left.  But surely she’ll understand that I can’t face Nick.

 

Her phone rings at least six times.  When her voicemail picks up, I turn off my phone.  If I leave a message that I’m gone she’s gonna be hurt.  I dial again quickly, hoping she answers.

 

After four rings, I hear a breathless, “Hello?”

 

I close my eyes. “Hanna Jo, it’s me.”

 

I hear a grunt then AJ muttering “Fuck.” 

 

Hanna Jo clears her throat. “Umm, can we talk later, Jessi?”

 

I blush furiously knowing I’m interrupting an intimate moment.  “I…I just wanted to let you know I’m leaving.  I’m going back to the states.  Thad is going to help me get Donnie and Paul once and for all.”

 

I hear panic in her voice.  “Jessi, you can’t go!  You get your ass back here right now!”

 

I can’t help it.  I still grin when Hanna Jo curses.  My lip quivers when I say, “I’m glad AJ is teaching you how to cuss properly Ho Jo. But I have to leave. Nick saw…I think he saw the tape.  I just can’t…”

 

She breaks in quickly.  “Nick knows everything Jessi.  He came here and talked to me. I had to tell him. He loves you!  You can’t leave him like this. Trust him to help you.”

 

I shiver knowing that Nick knows the whole truth.  “How can I look at him Hanna Jo?  After all the things I did, I can’t even stand to look at myself in the mirror. I don’t expect Nick to be able to ever look at me again.”

 

From behind me, I hear a very familiar voice.  “Jessi, I won’t let you run away.”

 

I turn to find Nick standing behind me.  I quickly lower my eyes.  “I love you Hanna Jo.  I’ll call you back soon.  Tell AJ…I’m sorry I interrupted.”

 

Nick sits beside me. I don’t look at him.  “Jessi, I won’t let you run from me.”

 

I sigh, turning my head to the side so he can’t see me cry.  “I can’t stay here Nick.  If…I just can’t ruin your life.”

 

He grabs my arm and spins me around to face him.  “If you leave me now, my life will be over.  I spent my whole life believing true love never existed.  Until I walked into that airport lounge and found myself looking at you.”

 

I sniffle.  “Nick, I’m not good enough for you.  I’ve done some horrible things.”

 

He leans closer, brushing his thumbs across my cheeks.  “Jessi, I’ve done some pretty horrible things myself.  But I learned from them.  You’ve done nothing that makes me feel any differently about you.  I’m falling in love with you.  Don’t walk away from us.”

 

I throw my arms around his neck.  “Nick, I don’t want to leave…I don’t have a choice!”

 

He squeezes me.  “Yes you do.  Come back with me.  We’ll find a way to stop Donnie.  And after this tour is over, I’ll beat the living shit out of him and make him regret EVERYTHING he’s ever done to you!”

 

Before I can answer my phone rings.  I slide away from him and pull it out of my pocket.  It’s Thad.  “Nick, I need to answer this.”  He just nods, holding my hand.  “Hey Thad, what’s going on?”

 

His response has me reeling.  “Jessi, you can’t come back to the states now.  We’ve had other women come forward with stories about Paul and his brother.  His trial was publicized heavily and the women coming forward are giving us tons of evidence against the entire family.  If you come back now, you’re going to be in even worse danger.  I need you to stay there and stay mobile for now.”

 

My eyes meet Nick’s.  “What do you mean the entire family?  What kind of evidence do you have?”

 

He clears his throat.  “Pictures.  Video.  Paper trails where they tried to buy the women off.  There are at least 5 children with questionable parentage.  By the time we’re through with the Wahlbergs, they will be finished.  You just have to hold on a bit longer.”

 

I feel my heart beat racing.  “What about Donnie now?  If I stay, he…”

 

Thad cuts in.  “Just steer clear of him all you can.  Trust me, Jessi; we got the bastards dead to rights.  Donnie will be public enemy number one when I’m through with him.  He won’t be able to ruin anyone’s career because his own will be shot to hell.”

 

My lip trembles.  “Thad are you serious?  It will really be over?”

 

Nick squeezes my hand.  Thad boasts proudly, “Not only will it be over, you’ll have your money free and clear and you can start that new life you always dreamed of. Take care, I’ll call you soon!”

 

I hang up my phone and turn to Nick.  “I guess…I’m staying.”

 

He smiles broadly. “Of course you are!  I’m not letting you go. Now, let’s get out of here and you can explain what’s going on.”

 

He stands and pulls me to my feet.  I press myself against him and lay my head on his chest.  He hugs me close and kisses the top of my head.  I just stand there…finally realizing what Hanna Jo was saying.  I can trust Nick.  I lean back enough to look up at him.  He smiles, bending down to kiss me. When his lips leave mine, I whisper, “Let’s get out of here, Nick.”

 

He smiles, tucking me against his side as we walk out of the airport.  “Your wish is my command, Jessi.  I am your humble servant.”

 

I stop, stepping in front of him.  I look up into his big blue eyes and whisper, “No…you’re my hero.”

 

He brings my hand to his lips and kisses it gently.  “Come on Beautiful. Let’s get out of here.”

 

I’m ready for this.  Ready to fall in love.  Ready for my happily ever after.  And I think I’ve found it with Nick Carter.