[ - ] Printer Microsoft Word
Summary: In the summer of 2001 in the middle of the Black and Blue tour, AJ checks himself into rehab. Once he's there, he not only has to face his demons, but the question of whether he and Kevin will still have a relationship when he gets out. For years now it's been the five of them against the world in every way possible, but after the words Kevin left him with from the other side of a locked door, AJ doesn't know what to believe.

It's a hard thing to question your faith in love while you're trying to restore your faith in yourself.
Rated: NC-17
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys
Characters: AJ, Brian, Howie, Kevin, Nick, Other
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content, Incest, Slash M/M
Challenges:
Series: OT5 Verse
Chapters: 4
Completed: No
Word count: 22301
Read: 847
Published: 04/16/15
Updated: 05/22/15
Story Notes:
So I started this thinking "I'll write a little something about AJ being fucked up over potentially losing Kevin while he's in rehab". 10,000 words later I realized there was nothing little about this idea lmao (And that would be why I decided to start posting it as a WIP along with the other short WIP I've got going; this one's turning out longer than I thought so I can alternate updates between the two.)

This does take place in a larger universe of mine, but you can read this without having read the other fic I'm working on in this verse, though obviously there are connections. Still, nothing I've posted for this verse as yet needs to be read in chronological order- all you need to know is that the boys are in an established poly relationship and have been for quite some time.

At this point in time, there's also some occasional mild non-lifestyle BDSM elements to Kevin and AJ's relationship, but you don't really need to know much about that yet; however, it'll give you a little deeper understanding of where AJ's head's at ahead of time if you already know it's there.

Also, this AU stays pretty close to RL 'canon' dates and events and such, though obviously due to circumstances being different in this fic, some things are altered more than others. ...some are also possibly altered because while I try my best to do good BSB history research, I'm not perfect, lmao (Also, given that this one will probably take place entirely while he's in rehab with maybe a single chapter after he gets out, the sex that I warned for will take place in flashbacks and I'm not yet sure how graphic they'll all be, so I wanted to err on the side of caution with my warning first. If I need to alter it and tone it down, I will as soon as I'm sure.)

1. Chapter 1 by whreflections [ - ] (5331 words)
(There are references to AJ having sex at 17, but there's nothing explicit and the age of consent in the country they're in at the time is 14, so he's well above it.)

2. Chapter 2 by whreflections [ - ] (5515 words)

3. Chapter 3 by whreflections [ - ] (4907 words)

4. Chapter 4 by whreflections [ - ] (6548 words)