- Text Size +
Kyle sat in a room at a metal table, a door opened and a guard stood aside letting Damien inside, they uncuffed him.

“Well well…Richardson…this is a surprise” Damien said sitting down across from him “I see you survived” he said.

“Thanks to you” Kyle said “The detective told me that it was you who gave up your father” Kyle said.

“So much for that conversation being confidential” Damien said.

“I just wanted to come and thank you in person” Kyle said.

“Alright let's not get all sentimental here Richardson” Damien said. “This suddenly doesn’t make us buddies…I personally couldn’t have cared if you and your merry band of morons lived or died” Damien said. “Because as much as I hate you, I hate that sadistic bastard father of mine just a little bit more” Damien said to him.

“Lucky me” Kyle said.

“Yeah” Damien said “I didn’t do this for you, I did it for me, the satisfaction of my all powerful father being locked up like I am surpasses any contempt I have for you” Damien said.

Kyle smiled and nodded “Well…thanks anyways” he said “You did a good thing, you should be proud of yourself” Kyle said.

“Okay now you’re making me regret it” Damien said to him.

Kyle smiled at him “Take care Damien” he said leaving the room.


~*~



The boys slowly recovered, the days passing by until they were finally well enough to be released.

Bradley strained, reaching forward to tie his shoe, wincing in pain.

“Here I got that” Brian said as Bradley set his foot against his leg so he could tie it for him.

“Thanks” Bradley said holding his arm.

“How’s the arm?” Brian asked.

“Hurts…was a second surgery really necessary?” Bradley asked.

“The doctors just wanted to make sure that the hack Mr. Winchester hired to sew you back up actually did a good job” Brian said writing on a clipboard.

“Yeah too bad he got a bullet to the skull for it” Bradley said.

“I’ll be right back I’m going to give this to the nurse, pick up the discharge papers and then we’re out of here.”

“Finally” Bradley said as he left the room, he pulled his hospital bracelet from his wrist.

“Knock knock” Natalie said wheeling Neilson into the room “Look who’s here” she said.

“Hey” Bradley said happily.

“Hi” she said hugging him “How do you feel?”

“I am so ready to get out of here” Bradley said to her.

“Well I come bearing gifts” she said holding a shopping bag in her hand. "Ta da!" she said pulling out a shirt "This better be the last one I buy for you" she said to him.

"It will be, thanks" he said to her.

“Hey Nat? you mind grabbing me a soda from the machine?” Neilson asked her.

“Oh yeah, I’ll be right back” she said leaving the room.

Bradley sat at the edge of the hospital bed “Haven’t seen you in a while” Bradley said.

“Yeah I know” Neilson said “how's your arm?" he asked.

"It's alright...didn't think you were speaking to me" Bradley said to him.

"Look about what happened between you and Nat..."

Bradley sighed "Yeah, you have to understand why I didn't tell you about it..."

"I know, Nat told me" Neilson said.

"And?" Bradley asked.

"I understand...when you're staring death in the face stuff like that doesn't really matter anymore” Neilson said.

“That's it?" Bradley asked.

"That's it" Neilson said to him.

"You know I would take it back if I could" Bradley said.

"Yeah I know" Neilson said.

"So we're okay?" Bradley asked.

"Yeah, course...happens again though I'll snap your neck like a twig" Neilson said to him, they smiled at each other "Come here" Neilson said as they hugged each other tightly.

"Aww" they heard, they looked over to see Natalie standing in the doorway. "That was so sweet" she cooed "So whatever happened to Damien's dad?" she asked.

"Kyle shot him" Neilson said to her.

"What? Oh my god" she said.

"Don't worry the psychotic bastard's still alive" Bradley said to her.

“You know what this means...we pay some big mean convict to make him his bitch" Neilson said.

“Oh don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll be pretty popular once they find out he has a thing for teenage boys” Bradley said as they snickered.

“Alright, let’s get you home” Brian said as he and Vicki came into the room with a wheelchair.

“Is that really necessary? I can walk” Bradley asked.

“Yep, hospital policy, sit” Vicki said to him as he sat in the chair.

“Race you to the parking lot” Neilson said wheeling himself away.

“Oh you…” Bradley said chasing after him.


~*~



“Ready to come home?” Kyle asked wheeling Adam to the front desk.

“So ready...you’re so lucky you got released early” Adam said to Kyle.

“How do you feel today?” Kyle asked.

“Like I was kidnapped, tortured, drugged and buried alive" Adam said "How about you?" he asked.

"Same, except for the whole being drugged and buried alive part" Kyle said to him as he leaned against the front desk.

"At least you got to shoot the bastard" Adam said to him.

"He deserved a lot worse than just a bullet" Kyle said.

“Speak of the devil” Adam said as he saw Derek being wheeled out by two police officers, he glared wickedly at them as they walked by "Maybe now he'll get it" Adam said.


~*~



They finally arrived home, The doors to the house opened, Kevin stood there with a glass of champagne in his hand under a gigantic banner. “Welcome home!” he said happily.

“What the hell” Adam said upon seeing him.

“Oh god he’s not coming back is he?!” Neilson asked fearfully.

“Nice to see you guys too” Kevin said.

"Oh hey! Uncle eyebrows is back!" Bradley said coming into the house and sitting on the couch.

"Well that didn't take long did it?" he asked Kyle, Kyle shook his head in a negative gesture.

“For you” Brian said handing Vicki a glass of champagne.

"Thank you" Vicki said.

“You’re very welcome” he said as they kissed.

"Alright..." Bradley groaned "I'm glad you're a thing again but I don't need to see it" he said.

"Well get used to it buddy" he said to Bradley.

"Ooh champagne" Adam said reaching for a glass.

"Ah ah ah...you get this" Melissa said shooing his hand away and handing him a can of soda".

"I just wanted to say something, boys...you've been through a lot this year, more than any kid should have to go through in their life..." Kevin said getting choked up.

"Oh here we go..." Adam groaned.

"But you got through it and you're all home and you're all safe and I couldn't be happier" Kevin said "And you two crazy kids" he said to Brian and Vicki "You always made a great couple, glad to see you found your way back to each other."

"So are we" Vicki said.

"Here's to the future" Kevin said raising his glass.

"To the future" Brian said kissing Vicki's forehead clinking his glass with hers.


~*~



Kevin and Kellie took seats at the airport as they waited for his flight to take off.

“You didn’t have to see me off” he said setting his bags down on the seat.

“No it’s no problem” she said as they sat down “So where are you headed now?” she asked.

“New York” he said “I got an independent film lined up."

“Wow” she said “well I hope everything goes well."

“Thanks” he said “So…you and this Dean guy”

“What about us? We’re friends” she said.

He looked at her “Kel I heard him ask you out while we were in the hospital” he said.

“Oh” she said.

“Yeah and then I heard you turn him down” he said.

“Well yeah…” she said.

“Why?” he asked.

“Well I wasn’t about to make a date with a guy while we were in the hospital nursing our son back to health after he just been kidnapped” she said “Doesn’t seem right” she said.

“Is that all?” he asked.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“I think you didn’t want to accept it with me there” he said “Kel, I love you, I always will, you are forever in my heart” he said “I mean we’ve known each other practically our whole lives, right?” he asked.

“Basically” she said.

“All I want is for you to be happy, and I think this Dean guy makes you happy” he said “Does he?” he asked.

“Yeah, Dean’s great, we have fun together” she said.

“See? Plus he seems like a great guy, if I trusted anyone with you it’d be him, Kyle seems to like him” he said.

“Yeah” Kellie said “Are you giving me your blessing?” she asked.

“I’m just saying, give the guy a chance” he said when his flight number was called “That’s me” he said picking up his bag and slinging it over his shoulder.

“Have a good flight” she said as they hugged.

“I will, I’ll call Kyle when I get there” he said.

“Okay” she said as he disappeared to the gate.

She grabbed her purse and fished around for her phone, she pulled it out and dialed, putting the phone to her ear. “Dean? Hi it’s Kellie” she said “If you’re still up to that dinner, I’d love to join you” she said.


~*~



2 Months Later:

“Winchester, you got mail” a guard said approaching Derek’s cell, he handed him a large envelope, he unfolded the tab and pulled a packet of papers out. Derek sighed seeing the words “Petition For Divorce” at the top of the page.

“So your wife’s really going through with the divorce huh?” the guard asked.

“I guess she is” Derek said sliding the papers back into the envelope.

“That’s rough” the guard said to him “The wife and I are going through a rough patch right now as well, bills are piling up and there’s just not enough money coming in” he said.

Derek’s ears perked up “Really” he said, the guard nodded “I’m sorry to hear that” Derek said.

“Yeah, my wife just took a second job just to keep up with everything, we may have to sell our house” he said.

“That’s awful” Derek said intrigued.

“That’s life you know?” he asked.

“You know…I think I have a solution that just may help you and your family out” Derek said.

“Really?” he asked the guard asked “wonderful, what is it?” he asked.

“I’m willing to supply the amount needed if you would be willing to do something for me” Derek said.

“Anything” the guard said eagerly.

“I have some unfinished business to attend to…and I need your help” Derek said, a wicked grin spreading on his face.

TO BE CONTINUED...