- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Comments please ©
"Listen to me..." I said looking up at him. "I am listening to you. I just don't understand." He said as I turned away from him. I then sighed before continuing. "What's there to not understand? Nick... I don't love you. I'm in love with someone else." Of course that got his full attention. "Who?" He asked calmer than I thought. "Nick don't." "Why? I just want to know who took your heart away. That's all." "It doesn't matter who it is. It is what it is. A heart knows what it want's." I said as a few tears slid down my cheek.

This wasn't easy to do. Nick had been my best friend for as far back as I can remember. So hurting him like this was the last thing I ever wanted to do. "So our friendship..." "NO!" I yelled out. "No what?" "Nicky our friendship is not over. It's far from it." "Then what? I'm just suppose to go on like none of this happened?" "Nicky... I'm sorry." I said as I gave up on holding back the tears. "Stop calling me that." He whispered as he turned away from me. "What?" I said surprised as I turned back towards him. "Stop calling me Nicky. You don't get the right to call me that anymore." He said walking out of the room.

Sitting here alone I had time to think. I have to tell him something. Getting up I found Nick sitting at the little bar that was in the kitcken sipping on a can of Pepsi. He had his back to me when I walked in. "Nick?" I carefully said. "What do you want Ally?" He said glancing over his shoulder. "Um...I think... I think I should um... move out." "You don't have to." "I think it would be for the best." I then took a deep breath before slowly letting it out. "I've already started packing up my things. I should be done by the end of the week." After walking away this time I found myself crying on the bedroom floor.

This was starting to get more difficult as the week almost came to an end. Kevin and AJ were helping me move my things. Nick was still determined to find out whom I was in love with. But watching him watching the guys I was starting to think he was figuring it out quickly. I was trying so hard to not make long eye contact with either Kevin or AJ. For fear of him hurting more for finding out.

That's when it happened. Nick found out who it was. By just a hand gesture. "AJ!!" Nick yelled causing me to freeze in my spot. "What?" AJ yelled back as I then saw Nick leap over a pile of boxes towards him. "Nick!?" I yelled just as his fist almost came in contact with AJ's face. Then he whirled around. "No... He doesn't have the right to take you away from me." Slowly I made my way towards the two before taking Nick's hand in mine. "He's not taking me away from you. I decided to leave. Not him. It's...it's only fair that I move out."

After turning away from him to pick up a box Nick spoke. "What happened with us?" He whispered. I sighed as I handed the box over to Kevin. "Alex, Kev do you mind waiting outside? I need to speak to Nick alone." "Sure not a problem." Kevin said. "Call if you need us." AJ said with concern. "Thank you." I said before turnig back to Nick. "Nick, nothing happened with us. Things just happen. And this happened. I can't change how I feel about him." "But why him of all people? Why?" He asked while sitting down of the arm of the couch. "Because I fell in love with him." I whispered. "Nick we were never a couple. Why are you acting like this? Why are you so jealous?" I asked calmly. "I'm not jealous." He said turning away. "Yes you are. I can see it on your face." "Look I'm not jealous ok!" Nick said getting upset. "Then why did you almost attack Alex? Why are you getting so worked up for nothing then if you're not jealous?"

Looking at Nick I waited for his answer. I didn't know if I was even going to get an honest one at that. "I would like an answer... please. If you say you're not jealous then what is it then?" "I'm not jealous." He whispered. "Ok... then talk to me then." He turned back around and looked down at me. Then he placed his hands on my arms before talking. "Ally... Sigh... Ok. You're right. I am jealous. I'm jealous to find out that AJ has your heart and I don't. I'm jealous cause you're with him and not me. I'm jealous that you love him..." "Nick stop... you've never told me any of this before." "Well I'm sorry." He said as I was now staring at his back.

Standing there behind Nick as he tried so hard to hold back his tears I finally came out and said it. "Maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore." I said wrapping my arms around myself as I started to cry. Nick turned around and put his arms around me in a tight embrace. "Don't say that. Don't ever say that." He whispered into my hair. "I could't stand the thought..." "Then you have to let me go. Let me move on in my life with Alex."

Pulling back slightly I was able to look up into his glossy covered eyes. "Does he love you?" "Yes he does." I said still tearing up. "Will he do anything for you like... move mountians, treat you like a queen, make you breakfast in bed... Listen to your problems when you're having a bad day?" "Yes Nicky... I'm sorry." I tried pulling away after saying that. "It's ok. I like when you say it." Then he sighed as his grip on me loosened. Then he pulled back. "If AJ makes you this happy, then I'm happy. You need to be happy." "I do love you Nicky." I said touching his arm gently. "I know. I just had wished it was me that made you truly happy."

After everything was packed and into the truck I looked over to see Nick pull AJ to the side. "You'll take care of her right?" "Of course I will. Nick I know how much you still care about her. You always will and I'm fine with that. I'm also not taking her away from you. She'll always be your best friend. No matter what happens." AJ said placing a friendly hand on Nick's shoulder. "Then love her. Always be there for her. Keep her happy." Watching Nick's reaction was getting difficult. "I promise you that I will always love her no matter what." "Good. Now get out of here before I change my mind and just kick your ass." Nick chuckled causing AJ to snort.

Before getting into the truck I turned to Nick one last time. "We'll be ok." I whispered while hugging him. "We will." He whispered back causing me to smile. "Bye Nicky." "Bye Ally. Be safe." He said while I just nodded. I then got into the truck. Alex and I were now driving off into the direction of our new life.

The End