- Text Size +
He drove into Serfaus and at the border of the place a traffic controller gave him a card he had to put behind the window stating that he stayed in this village and on the back explanation about why it was prohibited to drive in town. From there it was a five minute drive to Haus Marina. He arrived, parked the car in front and went inside to check in. While standing at the reception desk a young lady came to him from the other side of the hall. “Gruss Gott” she smiled warmly. She had brown hair, bright brown / green eyes and sun kissed skin. She seemed young, maybe halfway twenty. “Hello” Brian smiled “I want to check in. The name is Littrell”. She didn’t seem to know him. Or if she did she didn’t let him know. She handed him the keys, told about the possibility to have fresh baked bread delivered every morning and gave him random information about the village. Brian thanked her and she showed him his apartment for the next three months.

The apartment was amazing. Nice typical Austrian style decorated and is had a nice atmosphere. Beautiful view over the mountains and perfectly situated near the cable cars. He took a little time to enjoy the view outside on the balcony. After a little while he unpacked and when that was finished he got into his hiking gear. He then went down the reception to get a sightseeing map and went outside.

He immediately went to the cable cars and took the cable car (named Komperdellbahn) up to 1454 meters high. He then went into the Lazidbahn that brought him up to 2351 meters. He got out and was surprised it was that cold. Down in the village it was warm enough for t-shirt and shorts but up here a hiking jacket was definitely a necessity. Fortunately for him he had been shopping at home for the appropriate clothes. Same for the shoes. He’d forgotten to buy the sunscreen and the sunglasses but Kevin told him earlier that Serfaus had some great local shops where he could get anything he needed for outdoor activities. He enjoyed the view up there for a while and went back down to the village. He was a bit tired of the flight and the mountain air also had its effect on him. He picked up take away on his way back and walked to Haus Marina.

In front of the front door he searched for his keys. “I’ll open the door for you” he heard a sweet lady voice behind him. He turned his head to see her when their eyes met. Brian couldn’t help but smile “thank you, I’ve must have put them in my backpack”. For a moment her eyes pierced his and Brian noticed the change of energy between them instantly. The second he noticed it it was already gone. She gave him a shy smile and opened the door. When they walked through the hall she suddenly turned around “Herr Littrell”. Brian stopped “please call me Brian”. She continued friendly“have you already decided if you want fresh bread delivered tomorrow?”. Brian scratched behind his ear “Yes I’d like to. Can I have 2 croissants and two “Semmel”. It’s called “Semmel” in German right?”. She smiled “yes, that’s right. I’ll make sure it’s there tomorrow”. “What’s your name?” Brian asked. For some weird reason he felt a little nervous for asking. Her smile became a bit wider “I’m Geli” she reached out her hand. Brian introduced himself and they chatted a little while. She then had to go back and he went back to his apartment.

He ate his dinner and after he took a shower he watched a little television. He texted those who he’d promised he would and around ten he took off to bed.

The next morning a knock on the door woke him up. He quickly stood up, jumped into a pair of jeans and rushed to the door. When he opened it he realised he hadn’t put on a shirt. “Hi, eh good morning” he stumbled with raspy voice, when she appeared in the doorway. As soon as their eyes met he was mesmerized. “Good morning. I hope they taste good” she smiled shy. She handed him a little basket with bread. “I’m sure they will” Brian reached for it “I would like to offer you coffee or something but I realised I don’t have any”. Was she blushing or did his eyes played tricks on him? “Oh well thank you but I can’t. It’s not my coffee break yet. And today is going to be busy because we expect a lot of guests to arrive” she sounded a bit disappointed about it. “But maybe we can have coffee tonight, after my shift is over”? Brian brushed his hand through his hair, being very conscious of the fact he stood there with messy bedhead and no shirt “Sure, I’d love to. What time are you done?”. “Well I’m done by five” she said. “Five is perfect” Brian’s heart skipped a beat for a second “Shall I pick you up or are you coming to me?”. “I’ll knock on your door, is that ok?” “Sure, perfect” he smiled. “Geli” he heard a male voice from downstairs yell up. “Yes dad” she shouted back. She blushed “It’s my dad, I have to go back to work. I see you at five” she smiled and went downstairs.