- Text Size +
A/N: *cheers and claps* That’s right people, you’re looking at the new story that me and my co-author Ana have decided to add on to “Contributions of Dilemma” Since we put an end to that story and left you guys at a cliff-hanger- I decided along with Ana to put a smile and team up again to this trilogy! Enjoy and please drop a review! Thanks and take care!

“Termination of Sanity”

**~Fake Reality~**

The wheels crunch over the gravel driveway as he turns off the ignition of his black Mercedes. He gets out of his vehicle and quietly slams its door. The soft moonlight crashes down the cement pathway, its silver light lighting up the way. Going up two brick steps, he makes his way over towards the front door, excited to just get inside his house and rest. He missed his wife and longed to feel her embrace after everything that has happened with CAPPA and its destruction. Sighing happily, he gazes up at the dark velvet blue sky and inhales the cool wisp breeze the drapes the atmosphere tonight. Walking pass bushes and homegrown trees, he reaches the dark mahogany front door and turns the lock with his keys. Opening it, he steps into the lighted hallways taking in the sweet smell of his favorite dish that was being made. The wonderful odor bathes the hallways as Brian smiles and sees the silhouette of his wife beneath the crack of the kitchen door.

“Honey, I’m home!” Brian yells happily as he swings open the ivory kitchen door to be greeted with happy squealing from his wife.

“Baby!! I can’t believe it! You’re here! You’re really here!” His wife giggles gleefully, her sapphire eyes gleaming under the soft yellow florescent lighting as she jumps on him smearing him with missed kisses and embraces.

“Yeah. It’s over sweetie. Nick and the rest of us along the girls completely destroyed the entire company. Now I’m able to just go home and rest. I’m so tired. I don’t think I remembered the last time I got some good sleep.” Brian states wearily, rubbing his left shoulder gingerly.

His wife smiles gently and nods her head, “It’s ok Brian. Why don’t you take a nap and I’ll call you when dinner is ready. I missed you and I just wanna talk. I missed you so much.” She says quietly, her eyes tearing up as she embraces her husband.

Brian wraps his arms around his wife, holding her tightly as he sighs. She pulls away and pelts him with kisses: long awaited ones that ended with a quiet sigh.

“I missed you love. But I’m here and I’m not going anywhere, k?” Brian whispers into her soft snowy ears.

His wife shakes her head, her golden tresses bouncing off her shoulders as she heads back towards the stove, stirring something into a pot.

Brian watches on for a few minutes, walking up behind her and pulling her to him. He kisses her shoulders and laughs quietly as his wife goes on to talk about the exciting things she was doing at her new job.

Brian sighs happily, still embracing her from behind. The peaceful silence welcomes the couple. Suddenly the kitchen door swings open as bullets shatter the kitchen glass windows from outside. Glass shards spill on the white marble tiles, littering the beautiful clean room. Brian and his wife turn around surprised, only to be greeted by a black masked solider pointing a large magnum at them. The soldier was a built average height person but covered beneath the dark loose clothes. The soldier laughs and starts shooting at them, as Brian grabs his wife and dives towards the floor. More glass littered the white tiles as Brian holding onto his wife’s right hand, begins crawling around a tall kitchen counter for protection. They crawl behind a light wooden mahogany counter as bullets pelt and pounded around them. Brian looks his wife shivering in fear as she covers her sensitive ears from the popping gun shots.

Brian hugs his wife as he tries to reach for his cellular phone in his pocket. In his fear, he had dropped that phone back at CAPPA. Sighing, he looks around worriedly, whispering into his wife’s ear that everything will be fine. He’ll fix the problem and not to worry about it. “You won’t get hurt, they want me.”

“I thought you said you destroyed them!” His wife shrieks over the slamming bullets hitting the counter.

“That must be their backup plan. Just listen to me honey: stay behind the counter. I don’t want to see you get hurt.” Brian whispers calmly to his wife. He looks around to see a black cordless phone hanging on the wall across from where he’s at. It would be impossible to reach it without getting struck with bullets along the way.

Brian gulps, his heart hammering against his chest as he decides on what to do next. He looks at his wife and places his pointer finger over his mouth. He whispers that he was going to stop the soldier that is shooting. The look of fright crossed over his wife’s face as she shakes her head rapidly, reaching to grab his hand towards her. He smiles and places a small kiss on her forehead before creeping around the counter, keeping low to the ground. He stands up and races over to face the shooting solider. His wife screams out, “Wait, what are you doing?! They’ll shoot you if you do that!” Her sweet voice remaining the only gentle joy in this room.

Brian smiles and shakes his head as he stands in front of the solider. At once the soldier stops shooting and the bullets coming from outside is at a standstill as well.

“Who are you and how did you get in here?” Brian whispers, his dark azure eyes fixated on the soldier’s arsenal as he leans in and peers at the dark beady eyes coming from the black mask.

The soldier’s gruff voice sounded muffled from behind the black ski mask he was wearing, “I’m Roker and you forgot to lock the front door behind you.”

“I’m gonna call the police if you don’t get out of here now.” Brian whispers, his voice wavering a bit with fear and anxiety.

The soldier laughs and points with his gun towards the phone on the wall, “Go ahead, try it if you got the balls to do it. I’ll shoot your head off before you make it to the phone.”

Brian gulps and shakes his head, “Get out of my house. You’re trespassing!” He states with indignation.

The soldier chuckles and steps out of the kitchen, holding the kitchen door with his foot, he raises the magnum directly in front of Brian’s face. Pulling on the trigger, a hissing bullet pops out, racing towards Brian. Brian stands there in shock as the whizzing bullets skims his left shoulder and hits its awaited target. His wife.

He turns around to hear a loud gasp coming from his wife. She stands there frozen from behind the counter, her golden tresses covered in her own dark crimson drops of blood. Her face seemed emotionless as she collapses onto the floor behind the kitchen counter. Brian races over to her, screaming out in pure fear. Cradling his wife in his arms, he cries out, “Leigh, don’t you dare give up honey ok! Stay here sweetie, don’t close your eyes. Stay with me, ok.” He says choked up, the soft sobs erupting from his throat.

He hears the thumping of the soldiers’ boot approaching them. Brian turns his head and looks up to see the masked soldier aiming his gun at Brian. “I’m from CAPPA. This ain’t over boy. Why don’t you join your wife now?” The soldier’s muffled voice states as he aims the gun at Brian’s head and pulls the trigger. The bullet waste no time and strikes Brian in the center of his forehead.

He snaps open his eyes and bolts upright in bed hearing the distance scream coming closer. He realizes he was the one screaming as he looks around and scans the surrounding. He was in his bedroom and his wife was sleeping peacefully besides him. He was surprised his wife was sill asleep with all his yelling. A cold sweat was beginning to form on his forehead as he sits up and rubs his weary eyes. It’s been over three weeks since the demise of CAPPA and the memories of it dwelled in his mind consistently. He closes his eyes for second before heading to the bathroom in the dimly dark bedroom. He steps into the cold white tiles and flips the switch, the harsh bright yellow florescent light invades his sensitive eyes. His azure eyes squint trying to adjust to the sudden lighted room. He shakes a bit for no particular reason and stares into the bathroom mirror. Sleep was becoming too difficult for him since the recent incident with CAPPA. It wasn’t the first time he dreamed those nightmares. It haunted him in the day at times when his mind would wander off. He splashes come cold water onto his face and peers at his reflection. He looked pale, ashen, like he missed sleep for over week. His bloodshot eyes gaze at the mirror. He walks out the bathroom and turns off the light, making his way back to the bed. Suddenly the high pitch ringing of the phone breaks the dead silence.

Sighing, he picks up the phone frightened that something serious called have happened to someone. He disliked the late night phone calls for they never have any good news to say.

Gulping, he whispers a quiet hello as he was greeted by a soft voice of Howie.

“D? Hey what the call so late? Is everything ok?” Brian whispers careful not to wake his wife.

“I know, I’m sorry it’s so late, but I couldn’t sleep. I wanted to talk with someone but I couldn’t get through with anyone else.” Howie whispers on the phone.

Brian smiles, “Yeah, well I see why you couldn’t get through to the others, they’re all asleep.”

He hears Howie chuckle and sighs, “Yeah, I’m sorry again for waking you up.”

“You didn’t wake me up, don’t worry about it. So tell me D, what’s wrong man?” Brian whispers, picking up the cordless phone. He walks over to the balcony that was attached to his room, sliding the glass pane door and stepping on the granite ground, the inviting breeze greets his presence.

“I’ve been thinking about the girls. Since the day we left, I couldn’t get in contact with Ana or the other girls.” Howie whispers.

“I’m sure Ana is doing well. In fact, the last I heard she moved in with Jamelet and Summer. Natalie makes visit every once in while to see Ana’s condition.” Brian states quietly, eying the dark sky.

“Oh, ok. Well good. Do you know where they live? I’m considering making a stop by to say hi. I miss them.” Howie whispers gently.

Brian smirks, “No, you miss Ana, let’s get real.”

Howie laughs, “Yeah, I do. But I wanna know what happened to Alison, Paige, Kimberly and Rose.”

Brian shakes his head, “I don’t know about them. They moved back with their family. I’m not even sure if they contacted anyone since the hospital.”

Howie sighs, “Oh well, I hope their ok.”

“I’m sure they are.” Brian responses softly, turning his head, peering inside the bedroom to see his wife calling his in, she beckons him to join him on bed.

Brian chuckles and blows her kiss, “Yo D, listen, my baby is calling me to go back to sleep. We’ll talk later in the morning k D? Try to get some sleep and stop worrying about them. I’m sure they’re doing well.”

Both men say their finals and hang up the phone. Brian smiles and takes a deep cold breath before returning to his wife on the bed.
~*~

Nick steps into the shower, welcoming the hot water to his aching body. He was extremely tired and sleep has not been the easiest thing for him. He watches the spray of water hitting his warm skin, as his thoughts turn back to the girls and what happened to them. He managed to have contact with Rose through e-mail but he was sensing some tension from her. He didn’t understand why she would be upset with him, he didn’t do anything to her. Through the pounding water coming from the shower, he could hear his phone ring from his room. He jumps out the shower, grabbing a towel wrapping it around his waist. He races over to the phone and glances at the clock before answering the call. Who would call at 3:30 in the morning? Nervously, fearing the worst at these late night calls, he responses with a hello.

“Hey Nick did I catch you at a bad time?” A.J. gruff voice filters his ears.

Smiling, Nick shakes his head, “Yeah pretty much. I was in the shower.”

“Oh my back dude. I just wanted to talk with someone. I tried calling Howie but his line was busy and Kevin was out of the night. I just wanted to make a quick call to you and see how everything is going.” A.J asks concerns.

“I’m ok. Trying to let the whole thing with you know what, the ‘c’ word leave my mind. But it’s hard. I can’t get any good sleep.” Nick whispers, fiddling with the edges of his green towel.

“I hear you buddy, same here man. And the thought of the girls still are on my mind. I got in touch with Summer like two weeks ago, but that’s about it? Anything with you?”

“Na, I emailed Rose and she told me Paige and Alison are doing extremely well. Their back in school and everything. In fact Kimberly emailed Rose the other to let her know that she was happy to be back with her family.” Nick says with a small smile on his face.

“Yeah, I guess they got what they all wanted a normal life.” A.J. states.
“Yup, I guess so.” Nick whispers as they say goodbye and hang up. Nick sighs and heads back to the shower that was interrupted by the call.
~*~

Kevin rolls onto his right side and stares at the glass pane doors of the balcony from his bed. Yawning, he feels his wife move around on the bed, adjusting herself to a comfortable position to continue her sleep. Kevin rubs his tired emerald eyes and rolls over to face his wife, wrapping his left arm around her waist. He smiles, he was happy to be back with his family but there was a nagging feeling that this peaceful feeling wouldn’t last. The dreams, or rather nightmares haunted his sleep since CAPPA was gone. He tried to sleep away the problems but that was of no use. He closes his eyes and tries not to think about all the worries that are plaguing his mind at the moment. He shifts closer to his wife and places his head in the nook of her neck. He smiles and closes his eyes in hopes that at least tonight, he will get some sleep.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**