- Text Size +
A/N: Real quick, this is Ana's chapter, enjoy and drop a review.

Chapter 12 – Dangerous Chemistry

“What the Fuck are you talking about?! Those two were with us the ENTIRE time! And now you see fit to let them leave this hellhole and keep us here? What the Hell died up your ass, man?!” AJ cursed loudly as he shook the iron bars encaging him, Howie, Kevin, Brian, and Nick. His face turned red with anger as he let a string of profanities erupt at the man who held him like a caged animal.

“Do you think sweet-talk will allow you a Get-out-of-jail-free pass?” Terrence Williams snickered offered a cold smile of amusement toward the men. He found great delight in allowing Galen and Natalie to go free and allowing the others to dwell in insanity. Terrance was already informed of the five men’s detrimental powers if given the opportunity to use them. And, Terrance knew that Galen and Natalie were of no use to him. He knew that the boys would simply ask Galen to take Natalie away from the state and into safer territories. Everything would fall into Terrance’s hands.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?” AJ screamed.

“Aje, shut the Hell up!” Nick hissed, grabbing his older friend by the back of the neck. AJ was making more trouble than they needed at the moment. With a heavy pull, AJ went flying backward onto a wooden bench propped up on the cracking wall. Dust exploded into the air, sending the boys into a coughing fit.

Terrance laughed, pulling on his favorite leather jacket. He had dressed down to a simple pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. His dark locks brushed away from his face. He wanted to make a good impression on his brother’s woman friend. He offered a dashing smile to Natalie, making her squirm with apprehension. “I’m sorry that I have to keep your friends overnight, but that’s basic procedures. I can’t derail any of it and I’m late for an important engagement. You, however, are free to go. Please use the taxi I have called outside to transport you in any direction you need – free of charge.”

“Do you mind if we speak to our friends first?” Galen asked, shielding Natalie with his own body.

“Jase, give them five minutes,” Terrance ordered to an officer at the desk. The man grunted, nodding with approval. Galen turned to at least offer a thank you to Terrance, but he was already out of the door and heading toward his expensive car.

“I’m going to tear his ass apart!” AJ screamed, lunging away from the bench. Howie sighed hatefully as Kevin grabbed AJ in hopes to calm him down. Howie stood and walked toward the edge of the cage to speak with Galen.

“I’m sorry that he won’t let you out,” Natalie whispered.

“I’m sure he has an ulterior motive,” Howie groaned.

“What do you want us to do?” Galen questioned.

Howie glanced to see his friends staring at him with apprehension. He could see the fear and worry etched in their tired faces. They were all waiting for him to make the final decision. The entire weight of the group had been shifted to Howie’s shoulders. He took a heavy breath, focusing on his initial thought: Get Ana and keep the girls safe. He spoke quietly, “Galen, I want you to take Natalie to a safe place and start some research on these Williams’ Boys. We’re going to figure a way out of this disaster and then we’ll call you.”
*~*~*

“Coby! Don’t you dare!” Ana shrieked with laughter. She hurriedly dodged behind a tall block of metal as a large swell of water broke around her, spraying her with a mist. Coby and Ana had traveled down to Coby’s practicing quarters to show each other the advances in their powers. Ana was amazed at the developments in Coby’s strengths. He held had a small mixture of all the experiments’ powers, along with other features that Coby was coyly hiding from her.

For the moment, Coby was teasing Ana with his Water Powers. He had somehow managed to create a powerful water gun with his hands. He was chasing Ana about the room, splashing her with brief periods of cold water. Knowing that Ana hid behind the castle of metal blocks, Coby signaled a strong gust of wind to blow him upward and land gracefully on the metal blocks. He was about to aim down, when Ana jumped up and shot several snowballs against Coby’s chest.

Coby gasped in surprise as he was thrown backward onto the floor with great power. He was stunned as Ana jumped down from the metal blocks and stood above her friend. She offered a flirty smile to her friend and pressed her right foot gently into his heaving chest. She blew gently on her pale hands with triumph. “No matter where we are, Coby, I’ll always beat the pants off you.”

“When the Hell did you get so strong?” Coby wheezed.

“Since I grew up?” Ana asked in a confused manner.

“You turned into quite a beauty,” Coby acknowledged.

Ana blushed furiously, reaching her soft hands out to Coby. He smiled gently, grasping her cold hands into his own. With one swift tug, Ana helped Coby back onto his feet. She gently brushed the snow away from Coby’s t-shirt. Her large sapphire-emerald orbs grew brighter as she stared at him. She found her heart beating against her ribcage in a wild manner, although Howie’s timid features flashed against the back of her brain. She felt a pain in her heart, knowing that she still longed for Howie’s enchanting embrace. She sighed, running her hands through her tangled golden curls.

“What’s the matter, Ana?” Coby questioned.

“Nothing! I’m just thrilled that you’ve advanced so well! I never realized you had mastered so many talents in such a short time!” Ana lied.

“You’re quite powerful yourself. You have more time to dedicate to one area of knowledge. With having so many powers, I find myself only having a limited knowledge in them. But you! God, Ana! You control the ice as if your very core is ice…”

“But it–”

“No, Ana, in your very core lays a blazing heart,” Coby whispered, stepping forward to take Ana’s hands into his own. Ana gasped softly, backing against a wall. Coby’s dark gray eyes were intense with pleasure and desire. He smiled devilishly, pulling Ana toward her. Her curls fell against her face as he offered a warming kiss to her velvety lips.

“OH, BROTHER! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CREATURE!” a voice, similar to Coby’s voice, echoed against the metal walls. Ana jumped as if she had been touched by electricity. Her eyes went wide with appreciation as the person came into view. She found herself gasping in shock as she stared at two identical men. Her heart began to pound intensely as she studied the new man. He looked like a clone of Coby, only dressed in a white t-shirt, jeans, and leather coat. The man smiled devilishly as his gray eyes glinted with amusement. “Dear brother, didn’t you tell this delectable woman that you had a twin?”

“Coby?” Ana whispered.

“Ana, this is my twin brother, Terrance,” Coby announced, pointing to the identical match beside him. Ana stared deeply into Terrance’s eyes, noting that Terrance’s gray eyes held a darker tint that Coby’s kind eyes.

“Hello, Terrance,” she greeted politely, offering her hand to Terrance.

“The pleasure is all mine,” Terrance announced, taking her hand and offering a gentle kiss.

“I had no idea that Coby was…”

“An identical match to another?” Terrance laughed.

“I suppose,” Ana agreed, glancing to Coby with hesitation.

Immediately, Coby stepped toward Ana to intervene. He wrapped his arm gently around her waist, pulling her away from Terrance’s grasp and sight. He bent down to place a gentle kiss on her cheek. “I’m sorry that I hadn’t told you before, but we just recently found each other. Terrance was thrown away from the family because he never grasped onto his gifts as well as me. Father kept him contained in another state with beneficiaries while I was tested in CAPPA. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you sooner.”

Ana’s emerald-sapphire orbs lightened dramatically once Coby flashed a timid smile. It was obvious that whatever qualms Ana had first had were buried beneath her lusty exterior. She immediately wrapped her arms around Coby’s neck and offered an affectionate kiss onto his cheek. She then released him and turned toward Terrance. “I’m positive that if you’re as sweet as Coby that I’ll love you, too!”

“I agree whole-heartedly!” Terrance laughed.

“I suppose you two have things to discuss?” Ana asked, arching her light eyebrows toward Coby. Terrance nodded and Ana smiled with the confirmation. “That’s fine with me. I was tired of Coby soaking me… Is it alright if I go check on Jamelet and Summer?”

“Of course, although I don’t see why you would want to be bothered with them… It’s obvious that they hurt you tremendously the other day,” Coby replied hatefully. His gray eyes turned a dark steel to match his brother’s hazy eyes. Ana began to chew on her bottom lip and shrugged carelessly. Coby quickly swept down to brush a kiss on her lips. “They’re in the recovery unit of CAPPA. Ask the guards and they’ll direct you to them.”

“Perfect! Thank you, Coby! It was great meeting you, Terrance!” Ana called, running toward the doors and disappearing.

“She’s quite a delectable fruit, brother. You have grand taste when it comes to that beauty. No wonder Father had such an interest in her. Of course, there’s no doubt that she helped kill him. There’s definitely a fire in her eyes. An attractive piece to add to our family, Coby,” Terrance announced with pride. He laughed as he and Coby walked into Coby’s massive office. Coby’s eyes grew dark at Terrance’s sexual comments about Ana. Terrance paid no attention to his twin’s reaction as he fell into the soft leather chair. He leaned backward, folding his hands behind his neck. “Do you suppose that Ana would agree to relations with both of us?”

“Terrance, what do you want?” Coby finally hissed.

“Pardon? Is it a crime to visit my dear brother?”

“Terrance, I know you better than that. You always have plans up your sleeves. Did you jail the male experiments? I’ve been speaking with Ana about them. It seems the short dark-haired man… Damn… What’s his name? Howie! Yes! It seems that Howie has developed a strong attachment to my Ana. Make sure he rots in that cell, do you hear me?”

“I already have them in custody! However, I find that amusing… Howie Dorough has an attraction to your sweet ice? I suppose I will have to indulge myself in torturing once I’m back at the prison…” Terrance laughed.

“So, you have them?” Coby sighed with relief.

“Of course. They are in my custody until I say any further. So, do not worry about them foiling your plans with Ana. Nor will I worry about them foiling with our plans for greatness. Now, since I have done your bidding, have you done mine?”

“You mean the pathogenic blood?” Coby questioned.

“Of course.”

“I have it stored in the laboratory. However, that blood is quite potent and will harm anything that it is injected into. Are you sure that we want to proceed with such dangerous transgressions?” Coby questioned, sitting on the leather couch.

“Are you sober?” Terrance laughed cruelly. He leaned forward on the chair and slammed his hands against the dark mahogany desk. Coby tensed as Terrance’s eyes turned black. “Those women you have in containment have HELL to pay for what they did to you! Do you have any idea how hard I worked trying to compete with the wonderful Jamelet Sanchez during our times at this damn corporation? Or, don’t you remember how father’s doctors treated you and Ana while you were imprisoned in those metal boxes? I certainly remember all the tapes they made watching you and Ana. They acted as if you two were some prized dogs at a show! How dare you ask if we have a right to do this! Damnit, Coby! Are you destroying our plans or do you actually want to avenge Ana’s painful childhood?”

“No.”

“No you don’t want to keep your promise you made to Ana?” Terrance sneered.

“No, I’m not destroying our plans,” Coby gritted.

“Good. Now, when can we start?”

Coby’s eyes grew dark with hate. He stood up and pulled a suede jacket over his gray tank top. “Soon. For now, allow yourself the pleasure of tormenting the boys in the jail. We can administer the pathogens in a matter of a few days. All I have to do is completely trash Ana’s confidence in the doctors and we’ll have the power and complete control. “