- Text Size +
“Termination of Sanity”



**~Toxic Blood~**



Brian hums quietly to himself, watching Kevin sitting on a wooden bench cursing up a storm in his quiet rage.



“Why, why the hell do we have to be in this jail? I feel like this CAPPA junk is never gonna end and its like we did a 360 starting back at the freaking beginning.” Nick mumbles, kicking imaginary lint that was besides his foot.



Howie leans his head on the cold iron bars that held them encased, “How are we gonna get out of here?”



A.J. snorts and violently kicks the cement wall behind him, cracking a chunk off the plaster. “That’s one way.” He growls, backing away to examine his mess.



Nick laughs and was about to join A.J. on the whole destroying their cell but Kevin stops him, pulling the young man away from the wall. “Stop it both of you! There’s no way out of here unless we get the key to unlock this thing.”



“Hello, J, don’t you do that? Can’t you unlock us from this place?” Brian asks, sitting up in the cot.



“Uh, yeah if I could, don’t you think we’d be out of here by now!” A.J. sneers, the sarcasm dripping in his voice, “Obviously whatever the hell this place is made, is withholding me from using it.”



“Well try anyway A.J!” Nick states desperately.



A.J. shakes his head and sighs, “Fine, you’ll see what I’m talking about.” The cell quiets down as a security guard passes by them. All five pairs of eyes watch intensely as the guard slowly eases his way pass their cell, stepping leisurely one step every few seconds.



Once the guard makes his way pass their cell, Nick races to the front and eyes to see if the coast is clear. “Go, go, now!” He hisses at A.J. who smirks.



Standing in the center of the cell, A.J. cracks his knuckles, spreading his arms out in front of him. He stares at the metal lock that sustained them and exhales. The metal key lock jiggles but the bars remain closed.



A release of profanity was strewn out from the five men as A.J. drops his arms to the side in frustration.



“I told ya! I can’t do it. Something is keeping me from using it in here.” A.J. grumbles, feeling Howie’s sympathetic hand on his shoulder.



“Look maybe we can talk to that guard, he has to release us, there’s no warrant for our arrest, he can’t keep us here without it and it’s violating our rights.” Howie whispers, receiving daring glares from Brian and Nick.



“Howie’s right. The police don’t have the right to arrest us for simple accusation unless there’s evidence and the only thing they have is…” Kevin stops mid-sentence to see if the others were listening and finishes off, glaring at Howie, “Us standing in the middle of the chaotic destruction! You think that’s proof enough Howie or do you need more?”



“Hey I’m not the bad guy here!” Howie said defensively feeling the piercing glares coming from his band mates.



“No one said you were but maybe that’s your guilt talking.” Nick hisses, hurling a punch on the wall next to his cot. Pulling away his dusty hand from the wall, he smirks and gazes at the small ruin he created.



“Ok! Listen up! This is tearing all of us apart if we can’t figure out how and when we can get out of here!” Kevin takes on a commanding tone, standing in the center of the cell, all eyes on him.



“Fine sergeant Kevin, what do you propose we do then?” A.J. grumbles, rubbing his sore knuckles pensively.



Kevin smiles and pulls out a two way he had hidden in the back pocket of his jeans.



Brian chuckles softly, “Why didn’t they take that away from you? They took all our stuff before putting us here in the cell.”



“Ahhh, not all our stuff.” Kevin smirks, raising his dark eyebrows and sends a message to Galen.



“If you get us out of here Kev. I own you.” A.J. says.



Kevin smiles, “Well you better start thinking of how you gonna repay me back cause we’re about to leave here shortly.



Howie raises his dark eye brows towards A.J. who snorts and shakes his head while Brian and Nick watch Kevin sending a message to Galen’s phone.

~*~

“This is a bad idea Kim. I can’t do this.” Rose pleads with her friend.



Kim rolls her dark eyes and snorts, strapping on her overstuff backpack onto her shoulders. “Look, you can stay here and worry about if and how you’ll get your powers back, but as for me, I’m heading down to the south. I have two tickets, for the both of us. If you decide to stay here, I’ll expect full payment back for the airline ticket. If you’re coming, then great. So what will it be?” The average height woman states, tapping her foot impatiently on the rugged bedroom floor.



Rose sighs and drops her head, staring at the beige rug below her. “We’ll never find them. Plus it’s been over six or so months. I’m sure they forgot about us already.”



“Or maybe they haven’t. I say let’s go. What do we have to worry about?” Kim beams brightly, eyeing her blond haired friend.



Rose gulps and sighs, “Oh man, fine. I swear if my parents found out I ran away though, they’ll kill me.”



“Not if we tell them you’ll be at my place.”



Rose snorts, “Oh yeah that plan will work, your parents will call mines and they’ll all find out the truth.”



“But ahhh, see this girl thought of something, see I told my parents I heading down south to check out some colleges I applied for and you’ll be with me. Parents love that type of the stuff especially when their children think ‘about their future’. So Rose, what will it be? You down or what?” Kim stares at her friend intensely.



“I’m in. But real quick question, why do want your powers back? I mean we’re living here away from that craziness, why go back to that life?” Rose asks skeptical, doubts flooding her mind.



Kim sighs and grabs her jacket off the chair, “Same reason you want it back. Those powers: whether we like it or not, are who we are. Taking that away is like taking part of our life away. I want them back. I feel too different and those powers helped me understand who I am or at least who I was. Now that I gave you the whole analysis of my life story, get your stuff and let’s go.”



Rose smirks and they climb out of the bedroom window, hoping that when Rose’s parents wake up in the morning, they won’t freak out and call the police. The last the two girls needed to deal with was the police or any form of government officials.

~*~



The metal door slides open allowing Ana to enter the room where Jamelet and Summer are in.



Both women glance up to snort, glancing at each other before speaking.



“Well look what the cat dragged in.” Summer growls, cracking her knuckles, leaning back on the metal table.



Ana snarls at the fair haired woman and stares at Jamelet, “Do you have anything to say to me?”



Jamelet raises her head up slowly and sighs, “Am I suppose to?”



“What’s with the attitude, personally I just think you’ll all bitter about being back here, but guys it’s different now! You don’t know Coby like I do. He’s real cool, he isn’t the bad guy here…”



“Ana, if it involves CAPPA, there is never a good guy in it. Whether this Coby has good intentions for this twisted company is hard to come by, I’ll guess I’ll have to find out.” Jamelet whispers softly, raising her light coffee eyes over at the dull gaze given off by Ana.



“Ana, he changed you. You’re not the same. You hated this company with all your passion and now you’re suddenly down with all that’s going on. You don’t even …” Summer begins stating but stops mid-sentence to catch Ana examining the orange medication on the women’s arms.



“What, what are you doing?” Summer asks uncomfortably, inching back on the edge of the medical table.



“Just wanna see what they put on your bruises, that’s all.” Ana whispers, gently clasping Jamelet’s arm into her palms, watching the smeared orange liquid bubble quietly above the exposed cut.



Jamelet glares at Ana and softly pulls her arm away from further viewing. “It’s just an antibiotic, I’ll be fine if you’re suddenly worried about me.”



Ana pulls her hand away in distress, feeling the hurt in the women’s voices, “I don’t know what’s gotten into you two, you act like I’m the bad guy now.”



“You might as well be.” Summer hisses, the burning emerald orbs cutting into Ana.



Ana smiles, “You just don’t know how lucky you both are. Coby is a good guy. You’ll see. He wouldn’t hurt a fly. I mean he showed me the entire compound of CAPPA. Hell we even played around with his powers.”



“Powers?” Summer squeaks, “Ah no. This doesn’t sound good, he has powers and he’s running CAPPA. This is great, I’m in Hell already.”



Ana giggles, cocking her head to the side, “I don’t see why you all are freaking out. There’s nothing to worry about.”



“Why are you here, really Ana? What did you really have to tell us?” Jamelet murmurs, glancing down at the harsh silver tiles that covered the entire room: both ground and walls.



Ana narrows her eyes, her gentle honeysuckle tresses tickle her cheeks, “Just wanted to see how you both were doing. But as I can tell, you don’t want anything to do with me at this point. I come in worried to see you and you both greet me with distaste.”



“Yeah, well that happens after you tried attacking me!” Summer hisses, rolling her hands up into fists.



“Summer relax…” Jamelet’s whisper cut in.



“No, let her talk. She has problems with me. I’m interested to see what she gotta say.” Ana growls, stepping towards the woman.



Rolling her eyes, Summer makes the initiative to raise her fists and was about to swing, when she was suddenly thrown off the floor by a biting ice cold wind, knocking her unconscious against the opposite wall.



“ANA!!! OH God, she better still be alive!” Jamelet cries out, rushing over to her ailing friend.



Ana’s cloudy sapphire and emerald eyes clear up and focus on Jamelet, “I don’t see why you put up with that intern. She’s good for nothing. You could have achieved something far greater but she’s only holding you back.”



Jamelet kneeling over unconscious Summer, gulps and turns to face Ana from the ground. “What’s happened to you? Summer’s right, that man has changed you. What happened to your heart? How could you hurt the ones you love?”



Ana growls, snorting: “Coby showed me better.”



“What?! You’ve only known that man for two days and already you think he’s the world to you. Meanwhile, I’ve known you almost your entire life since you were captured and you can’t stand the sight of me now! I don’t get it!” Jamelet cries out, trying to contemplate the ideas thrown at her.



The harsh white lights gleam down over the women as Ana leans over Jamelet, her light eyes glowing in a mesh of blue and green. “You can never relate to what I had to endure while you lived a normal life. But Coby can, he can, ‘cause just like me he was captured and thrown away from society because of who he was and it was all your father’s fault!”

“Why can’t you leave that man alone? He dead alright! Let him rest!” Jamelet screeches out, standing up defensively, eying the changed woman before her. “Where’s your love, your heart? You’re not the same Ana I met.”



“That’s right, the old Ana was weak, willing to sustain to your mere rules and ideologies, but not this one. Not the one you see before you now. My head has been cleared of all the cobwebs and chains that this society, you and CAPPA have built in me. He sent me free and that was something you never did.”



“Free? Is this what you want? Freedom? Ana, I provided that for you, as well as for the other four women as well. You wanted freedom and I helped released you from such things, you were grateful, at peace for it. Why now do you take a mere stranger’s sayings and trust them more than me: someone who knows you more than you can ever imagine.” Jamelet whispers, tremors escaping through her body as she shudders and withheld her sobs.



Ana drops her head and smiles, simply brushing away the one lone tear that managed to break through the hard case that Ana had built within herself. “This is a different freedom. You don’t know what its like to live the life I do. You don’t have these so called gifts transferred into your blood like I do. So you don’t understand and never will. I thought I could come in here to seek your forgiveness, but I see you made it clearly you want nothing to do with me.” Her soft whispers escaping smoothly from her mouth.



Jamelet shakes her head softly, “No, no. That’s not it at all. Summer was just upset that’s all. She didn’t mean it. I’m sorry I can’t relate, but I’m trying to understand. You’re right, I’ll never know what its like to live that way and I’m terribly sorry my father changed your life to the way it is. That was not the intention. But don’t brush us off ‘cause we suddenly feel different about Coby.”



Ana looks up and breaks into a soft smile, agreement settling into her soul. “So you want me back?”



Jamelet breaks into a wide smile and extends her arms out, “Come here! You never left me girl!” And Ana rushes into the arms as both women break into laughs and smiles.



“Ahhhh, how nice.” Terrance whispers sarcastically from the surveillance cameras in his brother’s office, watching the two women in the white room embrace. “Really, Coby you should check this out, how sweet.”



Coby glides over and smirks, watching the black and white screens blink and jump slightly before changing back to vivid color.



“Well, lest you forget, show me to the quarters. I have to see the pathogenic blood before me.” Terrance whispers, rubbing his palms together in glee.



“Very well, it’s in the safety and captivity of the laboratory. I’ll show you the results of it on a person.” Coby whispers, shutting off the television screens and guiding his brother out of the room.



“Ahh you tested out already eh?” Terrance smirks.



“Yeah, I had to make sure it was the right antidote and examine the results of it, in which I’ll show you a few.”



“Hmmm, I’m loving it. I can’t wait to infect that little wench with it.” Terrance mutters, easing his way down the metal tiles, their footsteps being the only source of sound at the moment.



“Well, you can do whatever you chose to do with it, as long as it doesn’t involve Ana.”



Terrance smiles and winks at his brother, “Ahhh, speaking of her. What are you plans for the sweet morsel you have in your hands?”



“Ana?”



“Yes, who else do you think I’m discussing?”



“No one, I was just thrown off. I have no plans for her. She cares for me, faster than I thought she would have.”



“My, it seems our plan is working more than I thought it would. Who would have thought that a cold hearted girl as herself will so easily trust you?” Terrance whispers, both men walk quietly down a cement pathway, catching an elevator to the basement.



“Well I have my ways.”



“You know what you need to do. Coby you need to get with that fair hair angel and bang her brains out so you can move on with your life. You’ve had an obsession with that woman for the longest since your youth. You gotta let her go bro, seriously.” Terrance states, receiving a hurt glare from his twin.



“How dare you?! She’s beautiful and sweet, nothing more, nothing less. Don’t you dare talk about her in that matter! Do you hear me?!” Coby growls, his warm breath brushing on his brother’s face.



“Whoa, you’re coming to her defense! Since when?”



“I can relate to her, that’s all. Its not that I’m falling for her.”



“Relax, relax man. Wow, you get so uptight when I talk about her in that way. You act like she’s your girlfriend or something.”



“Well I don’t know about that. But I wouldn’t mind.” Coby hisses, his grey eyes turn a steel dark color, his brother’s words stinging his body.



“Ok, fine. Call it whatever you want. Hey, whatever floats your boat.” Terrance calmly states, a small grin etching on the corners of his face. He managed to yet again hit a sore spot on his brother’s ego and that brought about a smile on his face. ‘Imagine that, my brother falling for our enemy. I guess he has his reasons. She seems easy to get in bed with. Maybe that’s all he needs: a nice rumble in the bed and he’ll swap back into reality for once in his life.’ He smirks, receiving a dirty look from his twin. The metal elevator door spread apart as the men exit, entering the basement.



“This way to the blood works in Laboratory B112 .” Coby whispers as both men walk down the dimly light silver metal hallway. At the end of the short hallway was an iron door with a code ID to enter. Coby pulls out the company card out, swiping it through the slot and presses a four digit code. The door buzzes and a red light appears above the door, allowing entrance through it. Coby smiles and turns to his brother, “You ready? You might like the results. They work thoroughly just like you wanted it too.”



“Great, let’s get cracking to it.” Terrance smiles, entering the inviting cold morgue that CAPPA had freshly implanted only weeks ago.



Coby walks over to a metal cabinet which are where the corpses of the companies past employers laid in. “Take a look at this one Terry.” He whispers, grabbing the metal opening and sliding open it open to expose the well preserved frozen human corpse.



Terrance leans over the covered clothed person, pulling off the sheet to see a dead man remaining its eyes wide open in fear. “Hmph, wonder what the hell he saw that killed him?”



“Oh he was one of the men killed off by a past experiment: 1B.” Coby responds, eying the pale albino corpse.



“1B?” Terrance asks puzzled.



“Uh yeah: those where those five men that were first captured during Sanchez’s ownership of CAPPA. They were a test in which succeeded and where now showing off their ‘gifts’ as we like to call it here in the company.”



“Ahhh, they’re the celebrities the police made a huge spectacle of finding, I believe in the news.” Terrance states, fishing in his pockets for a blade of some type and finding none.



“Yup.”



“So you placed the pathogenic blood into this corpse for testing then?”



Coby nods and pulls out a blade, handing it to his brother, “Open it, look at the results of it.”



Terrance smirks, placing the blade below the right shoulder blade and penetrating it horizontally all across the chest, from one shoulder to the next. Then adjusting the sticky blade covered in thinning blood, he places the blade in the center of the chest and cuts vertically all the way down the corpse’s torso. Once done, he places the blade on the side of the table and with both hands grab either side of the corpse’s freshly cut body and rips it open, exposing the remaining ribs that was slowly decaying and turning a yellow color. The rest of the organs were either burned off from the pathogenic substance or caused the body to begin decaying from inside out. Coby hands him a pair of clear plastic tight fit gloves and Terrance quickly slips it on, eager to dig into the new body.



“While you’re searching around in there, I’m gonna bring ya the substance.” Coby states, walking over to a locked large metal cabinet. He swings it open after opening its lock to display rows upon rows of tubes and vials, shelved neatly above each other.



“Beautiful.” Terrance whispers, indulging at the deathly sight. He props his arms onto the open exposed corpse’s chest and digs his gloved hands into the corpse’s rotting intestines. “My, my, my. How long ago did you inject the medication into this body?”



“About forty eight hours ago. Do you like the results?” Coby asks, fishing in the cabinet to find the vial that his brother craved.



“Wow that fast! Indeed I do. It did quite the work on this body. She will have a slow death.” Terrance whispers manically, pulling his hands out of the rotting body and placing the white cloth over it to cover it. He slides the cabinet back, sealing the body away.



“Terry here it is. Be careful with it though. It took long and hard work to sustain that liquid and create it from the beginning.” Coby whispers, handing over the crimson vial over to his brother.



Terrance smiles and pulls off his gloves, welcoming the vial. “This is perfect. I can’t wait to expose it to her.”



“Well you’ll have to wait a while longer. Until Ana is completely won over in trust and her doubts of the young doctor grow, we can’t begin.”



“Seems you might have to work harder, Ana seemed pleased to see that doctor and they possibly made up. According to what the surveillance camera showed us.” Terrance murmurs.



“I know what to do to make her friendship with those doctors diminish. You’ll just watch and see. This is my expertise.” Coby states, locking the medical cabinet up and dumping the dirty blade into a trash bin.



“Well, I’m heading back to mess with those Boys, have some fun with them, they might get lonely without my company there.” Terrance hisses pleasantly, disposing of the used gloves and placing the precious vial into his inner pocket of his leather jacket.



Coby leads the way out, locking the laboratory closed behind him. Smirking at his brother, they wait for the elevator to arrive.



“Ring around the rosy, pockets full of potent, ashes, ashes, they all fall down.” Terrance sings softly, hearing a chuckle from his brother.



“Man, this is will be fun. No wonder dad didn’t give up on finding them. Let’s go find Miss Ana, I’m sure her heart is out looking for me.” Coby whispers as they both board the arriving elevator.



“That and she’s in for a time of her life.” Terrance whispers: the metal doors slamming shut and taking them to their destined floor.

~**~



**~To Be Continued…~**