- Text Size +
Chapter 14 - Perverse Schemes



Summer eyes began to move rapidly beneath the heavy lids. Her body felt as if it had been crushed beneath a giant rock. Her body shivered from the coldness of the blast. She moaned in agony, feeling a warm cloth being pressed against her forehead. Her eyes fluttered gently, slowly opening and adjusting to the brightness. She squinted and saw Jamelet’s caring face above her. Summer allowed her body to relax with relief, previous events flooding before her eyes. Her brain continued to repeat the bright, icy, blue ball of energy emerging from Ana’s hands and knocking her unconscious.



“That little bitch blew a ball of ice at me!” Summer hissed in pain, noticing the cloth that Jamelet removed from her head held traces of blood. Summer winced as an antiseptic was applied. Summer noticed that Jamelet had not responded to her comment, so she smacked Jamelet’s hand away with disgust. It was always like Jamelet to protect Ana, no matter what the costs. Carefully, she pulled herself into a sitting position on the cot. Her head spun with fever, but she refused to be silenced. “Did you see what she did to me?!” Summer exclaimed once more.



“Yes, I saw,” Jamelet answered quietly.



“And yet you say nothing?”



“I don’t know what to say.”



“Don’t act like I’m a child, Jamelet!”



“Excuse me?” Jamelet asked.



“She ASSULTED me with her power! Damnit, Jam, how can you say nothing? That child has finally gone too far! She jumped off the deep side of CAPPA! We took her in under the worst of circumstances because her mother couldn’t stand the sight of her! Now we get thrown back in CAPPA because of her little love affair with that damn man? To think we thought she was being careful with Howie and now she’s screwing around with a man trying to kill us!” Summer fumed, holding her bruised and bleeding forehead.



“You know that Ana would never—”



“Don’t taunt me with Ana’s Little-Miss-Christian-Goody Routine! She’s a horrible wench with only thoughts about her own personal well being! The damn whore!”



“You’re going too far, Summer,” Jamelet hesitated.



“GOING TOO FAR?!” Summer laughed cruelly. “I’m going to tear that little wench to pieces when I see her again! How dare she even think to use her powers on a person that saved her life? I swear—”



“Summer, don’t you dare!” Jamelet gasped. She had expected Summer to be highly upset with Ana’s actions, but not to the point of threatening Ana’s life. Summer had never been one to disrespect Ana so much. For the most part, Summer had admired Ana’s grand sense of self and direction. Ana had been the fearless through every situation and Summer hoped to acquire the same fearlessness. Yet, the tight confinement was showing the worst of Summer’s behaviors. “How could you say you want to kill her?”



“Because I do! I’m going to tear Ana’s limbs off so she can’t possibly throw any more icy images at me. I’m going to let her scream for a while so she can know the pain that she put me through. Then I’m going to stab her with her own icicles… Her blood is going to drain onto this floor… I’m going to kill her, Jamelet! I promise you that much! She’s part of the evils of CAPPA. Never will she be safe in my presence. If she knows what’s good for her, she better kill me first. Because I will die trying to kill her and that will make everything worth it. I swear to God, Jamelet. I will kill her!”



“Summer, please, Ana isn’t what you think she is—”



“THE HELL SHE ISN’T!” Summer screamed, not noticing a small camera focusing on her features. Her eyes were dark with raw hatred. Her forehead pounded with pain. She hissed, slamming her fists onto the thin cot. “She’s a slimy little bitch who deserves all the paybacks in the world! I’m going to tear her apart! I’m going to kill her! I’m going to slaughter her and let her blood drain into the very tiles that created her evil! She will die in my hands, Jamelet, I promise you that!”



*~*~*



Ana allowed herself to collapse onto Coby’s leather couch, propping her feet up on the arm of the couch. She smiled ruefully as Coby ventured into his kitchen for drinks. Coby had given her yet another tour of CAPPA, only this time his brother had joined them. Ana found herself somewhat nervous whenever Terrence came about. Terrence seemed to eye Ana with some type of lustful pleasure, always poking at his brother with a certain gleam in his eyes. Ana shivered at the thought, quickly leaning up to grab the remote sitting on the glass coffee table.



She clicked on the TV, hoping for some interesting cable show, but instead a clear picture of Jamelet and Summer came onto the screen. Ana sat up, transfixed by the image. She noticed that Summer was screaming about something, yet Jamelet simply nodded. Ana bit down on her bottom lip, not understanding why Jamelet and Summer’s room would be programmed into Coby’s personal TV.



“Hey Baby, you wanted Pepsi right?” Coby called, sauntering into the living room with a devilish smile. He was about to offer Ana a glass of soda, but stopped when he noticed what she was glancing at. He groaned inwardly, knowing that Terrance had set this up. He had recorded earlier conversations of Jamelet and Summer and pieced them together to make Ana loathe the two women. Coby masked a face of surprise. “What’s the matter, Sweetheart?”



“Why are you watching Jamelet and Summer?” Ana pondered, glancing back at the man with suspicion. The video seemed to alarm her more than Coby had wanted. She sat up on the coach, allowing him to sit beside her.



“Oh, it’s a video feed so they can contact me when they need me. There’s a phone in there that directly wires to my apartment. I have people watching them at all hours to make sure that infection hasn’t set in and that they’re doing well,” Coby explained with a false assuring smile. “The bullet wounds alarmed me and I wanted to assure that they are in the best of care.”



“Oh,” Ana trailed, glancing back at the TV. “Can you give them a better room to stay in? That looks like something we used to be locked down in during our first years at CAPPA.”



“Of course, Ana, once I’m sure that they’re in perfect health I’ll put them in equally luscious rooms,” Coby promised.



“Good, they’d like that,” Ana answered, remembering how pissed Summer had been when Ana decided she would not stay at the boys’ lavish home. Ana had been a constant sore spot to Summer since CAPPA had reentered their lives. Ana sighed softly, noticing that Summer was now screaming at something. She chewed carefully on her bottom lip, glancing back to Coby with question. “What is she screaming about?”



“Let’s find out, Darling,” Coby answered, punching on the volume control.



Summer’s voice screamed out of the speakers. Ana winced at the anger and venomous language choking Summer’s usually sunny voice. Summer’s eyes turned dark as she pounded on the walls of the room. Ana could see the dark bruise forming on Summer’s bare stomach where Ana’s ice ball had hit. There was also a fairly deep laceration on Summer’s temple from the powerful blast that had blown her against the wall. Ana now felt guilty for hurting Summer, but something else caught her attention.



Summer began to scream again, “Because I do! I’m going to tear Ana’s limbs off so she can’t possibly throw any more icy images at me. I’m going to let her scream for a while so she can know the pain that she put me through. Then I’m going to stab her with her own icicles… Her blood is going to drain onto this floor… I’m going to kill her, Jamelet! I promise you that much! She’s part of the evils of CAPPA. Never will she be safe in my presence. If she knows what’s good for her, she better kill me first. Because I will die trying to kill her and that will make everything worth it. I swear to God, Jamelet. I will kill her if it’s the last thing that I do!”



Ana sat silent as Summer continued to explain the ways she would attack her. The mentioning of stabbing Ana with her own icicles caused Ana to wince with hate. It seemed as if the little bit of color that had masked Ana’s snowy complexion had completely drained away from her face. Bitter tears formed in the corners of her sapphire-emerald eyes. Her heart ached with betrayal. She never imagined that Summer and Jamelet would turn on her like the others. Ana balled her shaking hands into fists, staring down at the green carpet.



“Please, turn that off,” Ana whispered.



“Oh, Dear, Ana!” Coby hissed in surprise, immediately shutting off the TV. He quickly enveloped Ana into a tight hug. Ana sat still in his arms as Coby gently rocked her. He kissed her curls. “Oh, I am so sorry that you had to hear that! I can’t believe those women would turn on you because you want to see CAPPA restored to what it was made to be! I am so sorry that they hurt you… They should have never lied to you about your mother and now this… Oh, Darling, is there anything I can do?”



“No,” Ana whispered stiffly, wiping away the icy tears that had fallen against her soft cheeks. She pulled back, noticing that Coby was staring at her intently. He seemed to be waiting for something. She was about to tell him she wanted to lie down when he bent over her and pressed his lips against hers. Ana wanted to immediately break the kiss, but for some reason she allowed him to entangle his hands into her curls. He deepened the kiss as if his very life depending on it. Slowly, he began to lean her back onto the couch.



However, Ana quickly counteracted his move when Howie’s face flashed in the back of her mind. His soft smile radiated from her very core, causing her heart to skip beats. She imagined running her hands through his short, silky curls as he laughed. Her skin tingled when she realized that Howie was not the one kissing her. She pushed Coby back, allowing herself to jump off the couch. Her lips burned from Coby’s kiss. She placed her hands against her burning cheeks, noticing the look of hurt on Coby’s face.



“Oh, Coby! I am so sorry!” Ana whispered with utter shock. “It’s just… I love you like a big brother or a best friend. You know? I mean, you’re great and all… It’s just there’s this other guy. You know, Howie? The one I’ve been telling you about? He’s really sweet and it seemed like there was finally something there after all this time! We left each other on this odd…platform and I just don’t know what’s happening. I mean, you understand don’t you?”

“I understand perfectly,” Coby murmured, watching Ana quickly excuse herself to her suite of rooms. Coby collapsed back onto his couch and hollered into a leather pillow. Coby composed himself and quickly reached for his phone. He dialed Terrence’s number, ordering to have Howie tormented beyond belief, because Ana’s heart was only allowed to belong to Coby.

**~To Be Continued...~**