- Text Size +
“Termination of Sanity”


**~Wrong Message~**

Jamelet gulps and settles back on the chair, shaking her head in disbelief. “Summer! I told you to be quiet! Look up!” She hisses, pointing to the camera in the corner of the ceiling, its small lens following their every move.

Summer squints and growls, a scowl crossing her snowy cheeks. “Good, then she’s watching. Even better.” She stands and crosses the room, directing her eyes to the miniature camera on the ceiling. “Ana, I know you heard that. I’m sure of it. And I don’t take back a single word.” She hisses, pronouncing very word slowly with pleasure.

Jamelet watches and sighs heavily, knowing the relationship with Summer and Ana have broken. It would be up to her to get them to reconcile or watch them lose a friendship. “Summer, stop it. You have every reason to be pissed off, but we all gotta work together. You getting mad at Ana isn’t solving anything but pushing her away. And she can be the key to getting out of this place.”

Summer faces the woman and frowns, slipping her fingers through the seams of her pockets. “You just don’t get it, do you? She’s a part of this whole new corporation! Why do you think Coby was so eager in finding her?! Think about it Jamelet! You feel it don’t you? You’re having the doubts just like me for the longest time but have been brushing it off cause you couldn’t face it!”

“Shut up! Ok, man, maybe, maybe I was thinking that she could have been the reason, but don’t try to make me hate her cause you have issues with her!” Jamelet growls out, no longer putting up with the childish behavior and getting blamed for things recently occurring.

Summer tenses and nibbles on her lips, staring in anger at the young woman in front of her. “Hmph. You just like the rest of them.” She hisses out, pointing her finger at her.

“What?! Like the rest of them? Screw you Summer! I was trying to help and keep us all together but you obviously have different plans from the rest of us.” Jamelet growls: clutching her fists to her side, stepping forward to the woman.

Summer murmurs and smirks, “Hmmm… if that’s the way you feel about it. Then fine. Be that way. I don’t have time for you or the rest of the people here. So you can all go to hell, cause I’m out of this.” And she walks towards the iron door in the room, peering out the slot that views the hallway, watching a shadow approach their room.

Jamelet narrows her eyes, examining Summer but remaining silent as she hops on the medical table quietly studying her small cuts down her arms. “I’m gonna get some sleep, we broke night worrying about all this.”

Summer doesn’t respond but continues to stare out the small slot the door provided, without a care in the world.
~*~
Terrance whistles joyfully, his footsteps echoing in the silent pathway towards the precinct. Entering the cold ventilated precinct, he smirks as his cell phone breaks the quiet peace. Grabbing his phone, he answers the incoming call, “Ello?”

“Good, Terry I got you. You won’t believe the news I have to tell ya!” His brother’s voice excitingly fills his ear.

“Ahh, really? Well what’s with the good news, I can tell.”

“Seems our little Ana ‘accidentally’ found the camera installed in my room. She was watching the television for her dear life as her own friends cried out for disaster upon her! Just like you said it will work, it did! Ana heard the two women arguing and it seems one is already against her. Now all we need is to break Sanchez’s daughter spirit about Ana and we’re home free!” Coby explains in delightful details.

“Excellent! This is exactly what we wanted! We’re almost there my dear brother! The doctor’s daughter will be easy to break.”

“Indeed it will be. Seems as I was watching the women’s conversation in the medical room: that Jamelet is already breaking down, confused and frustrated with all that is occurring. The fair haired woman, Summer, is already against Ana which is great!” Coby whispers with enthusiasm.

Terrance laughs, inhaling a deep breath as if it was for his life. “This is too good. Father would be proud of us. This is something not even he could achieve. Listen, I’ll call you back. I’m back at the station, is there anything else you want to tell me or is that it?”

Coby gulps hard and grabs a soft baseball, squeezing it in his hands tightly to release the stress that is building in him. He had watched his Ana leave the room quietly as she excused herself to head to her room where she is probably lying in torment over the sudden hatred of her so called friends.

“Coby…what is it?” Terrance whispers, after hearing silence from his brother for the past minutes.

“It’s, its nothing. Don’t worry about it.” His brother whispers out slowly.

“You sure? You don’t sound it. What’s the deal?” Terrance whispers out worriedly, fumbling with the key to open his office door.

“Can you do me a favor?”

“Sure, you know that you’re welcome to ask me anything. We are after all family.” He smirks, entering his office and dropping the keys on the desk top with a clash.

“Great, listen find out who Howie is of the men you have captured and torture him for me alright.”

Terrance breaks into a smile and chuckles softly, “And this wouldn’t have anything to do with that snow angel of yours now does it?”

“Huh?! What?!” Coby stutters nervously, exhaling softly as he plops into his lush black swivel chair. He twirls the chair on its wheels and stares out the exquisite large window that filtered out into the glorious horizon of the nearby beaches with its dramatic sunrise.

“Would it have to do with Ana that you what me to go after one of the men for a reason?”

“Maybe, I don’t see how that should matter though. We have an arrangement which we have to stick to if this is to work out. So just do me this favor for now. It’ll help me out along.” Coby breathes out, shutting his eyes and rubbing them wearily.

“Fine, fine whatever the story is though, you better tell me all about it. Cause I’m sure something is going on.”

“Yeah, I’ll, I’ll tell ya later then I guess. I’m tired. I’m gonna rest up. Talk to ya shortly then k?”

“Alright. Oh one more question though? What do you want me to do with this Howie? Any special thing in mind for him?” Terrance asks, stashing away a few files and locking his cabinet, placing the precious vial of the toxic blood into a small cooling metal ice box.

“Just make him scream.” Coby whispers slowly before ending the call.

Terrance smirks and places his mobile away, eying the cabinet. He locks it behind him and smiles, touching the cold cabinet with his hands. “Time to have some fun.” And he pulls out a switchblade, sliding it into his front black jean pocket before leaving the office to welcome the captured men.
~*~

Brian groans and sits up from his cot, rubbing his back painfully as the four men sleep soundlessly in their small cots. Standing up, he stretches and rubs his tired eyes. His ears perk up at an oncoming sound, the sounds of footsteps echoing down the dark hallway. Frigid, Brian gulps and listens intensely as the footsteps stop in front of the jail cell. Brian squints at the figure of the man in front of the cell as the poor lighting fail to help him conceive who it could be.

A sharp voice cuts at him as the man speaks: his grey eyes shone a frightful steel cold at Brian, “I’m detective Williams. Terrance for short. Are you Howie by any chance?”

Brian gulps and scrolls his eyes quickly over to his sleeping friend on the cot, curled up tightly in a quiet slumber. His eyes avert back to Terrance and smiles, “Uh, well it depends on why you need to know?”

Terrance sighs, annoyed at the antics the man was playing with him, he knew that he couldn’t be Howie, for his eyes had averted over to the four men lying on the cots. That much he did know and Terrance eyes the four men sleeping. He smiles, knowing if Ana was to fall for a guy: the fair haired man slumbering away would be a prime choice. Even in his sleep, the man seemed good looking and could be the one holding his brother’s angel heart.

“Never mind. You know the reason you’re here?” Terrance decided to ask. He needed to get on the stranger’s good side if he was to get to this Howie that was sleeping away.

Brian frowns, shaking his sandy head no.

“Well I’m sure you heard of CAPPA right?” Terrance whispers out, enjoying the horrid look that cross the man’s face as he clutches his fists to his side and gulps.

“Maybe. Why?” Brian responded.

Terrance smirks, knowing the man was harder to get to than he thought. “Just mentioning it cause its one of the reasons you’re here now.”

“Yeah well, I’m assuming you’re here to tell me that you’re taking us to CAPPA or make us suffer.” Brian hisses, his breath wavering out.

“Oh the contrary, I’m only gonna need one of you. Anyways, how are you enjoying this cell, is it to your comfort?” He hisses with sarcasm.

“One of us huh? Well that’s not gonna happen. We’re a unit, if you take one of us, you need to take all of us. And the comfort isn’t the five star hotel I’m used to.” Brian snaps back at him.

“Oh really now? And why is that?” Terrance whispers with interest, leaning on the cold black bars, looking in.

“Because that’s the way it is. Our powers are better when we’re together.”

Terrance does a cocky smile and chuckles softly to himself. “So what are you telling me, that if I’m here to take one of you, it would be better to take all of
you?”

“Uh, uh yeah.” Brian whispers shakily, noting Kevin waking up.

Kevin rushes over to the bars and hisses at Terrance, desperately trying to grab hold of Terrance’s collar. Terrance steps back and smirks at the man, eying him carefully. “Well did you hear the good news my boy, its seems that man hear has advised that I should take all of you on my little excursion. You might know the area, its called CAPPA.”

At this Kevin gasps, his emerald eyes darken in hatred as he inches back nervously, paling at the sickly thought.

“Hmmm…Seems you do know that area then huh?” Coby teases, eying the tall raven haired man with interest. “Oh Howie its ok, I’m sure the place there will seem just like home to you.”

For a moment, Kevin was caught off guard as confusion flooded his eyes.

Already Terrance knew this man could not be the Howie that his brother wanted tortured.

Kevin whispers quietly, “Home huh?” His eyes settle calmly as an idea settled into his thoughts.

“Yes. Well can I bring you any food? I’m sure you’re all hungry by now?”

Brian nibbles on his lip and sighs, nodding his head, “Yeah, food would be nice.”

“Great, I’ll make sure to send out the best food there is around this town just for you all.” Terrance whispers happily, disappearing into the hallway, his ears perked for any new data as he stops at the end of the dark lit hallway to hear the men converse.

“Ok, well that was weird.” Brian whispers, eying his older cousin.

Kevin smirks and eyes him, “What exactly did you tell him that’s he’s excited about?”

“He wanted to know who Howie was.” Brian whispers, sighing: ranking his fingers through his sandy hair.

“Why Howie?” Kevin raises his dark eyebrows, curiosity settling in.

Brian shrugs his shoulders, “Don’t know, but that man Terrance, works for CAPPA and plans on taking him there. But I made it clear that if Howie goes, we all go.”

“Thanks a lot!” Nick screeches vehemently, suddenly waking up from his cot at the mere mention of CAPPA.

“Don’t get mad with me, I was protecting Howie. I need to make sure we’re together.” Brian whispers with concern evident in his voice.

“I think Howie can protect himself.” Howie whispers annoyed at the conversation they were having of him. His soft dark eyes open to see the three men talking about him. ‘Why does Terrance want me?’ He thinks to himself, horrid ideas of pure torture fill his mind. “Oh God. What if this guy is like Cabal and he tortures us one by one?!”

A.J. snaps opens his eyes and gasps, “D shut up! Don’t say that! I can’t go through this again.”

“Maybe I should just go with him, it could be Ana! What if she needs me?” Howie whispers out softly.

Kevin sighs and places his arm around his friend, “Howie, listen to me. I think Brian is right on this. If we stick together, we can fight this as a group.”

Howie nods his head, sitting up in his cot as Kevin goes to his own cot, staring up at the blank ceiling. All heads turn to see Terrance come back, standing in front of their cell.

“Uh hey guys I just wanted to take some food orders for all of you. I want to make sure you get eat the best.” Terrance smirks, pulling out a notepad with a small ink pen.

“Oh we’ll all eat the same thing.” Nick whispers, curiously eyeing Terrance.

Terrance eyes Nick and nods his head, noting this has to be the man, seems like the guy that Ana would fall head over heels with. “Really, ok then. So that will be what?”

A.J. growls softly and eyes him, “Five orders of shrimp with plain white rice. Nothing else. I doubt any of us can eat anything else.”

Nick shrugs his shoulders and smirks, “Well actually I can, but fine.”

Terrance smirks and jots down Nick’s description, pretending to take down the men’s orders. “Ok, well great. Thanks. I’ll make sure you all eat shortly, I know the delivering man, you should get your food in a few.” And with that whisks off, bounding down the hallway with a large grin on his face.

Kevin eyes Nick and peers his head on the side of their cell to see Terrance go up a flight of stairs and disappear from their view. “Nick.” He whispers. “I think he was looking at you too much. I say we keep a sharp outlook over that Terrance guy and watch Nick. If he has plans on getting you first for some form of sick torture, I rather let him kill me first before he attempts that.”

Nick smiles a bit, “You would do that for me?”

Kevin eyes his ‘little brother’ and nods his head. “Of course. In a second. You know that. We’ve all been through hell and back. I’m not letting anyone harm any of you unless they kill me first.”

“Watch those words, the people here actually won’t hesitate with the killing.” A.J. whispers, pulling on a seam of his jeans.

“Yeah, Yeah I know.” Howie whispers, sighing and stands up to stretch. “So where are we going then?”

“You already know…back to hell.” Kevin murmurs, sighing deeply as they all stare at the dark bars that held them imprisoned from reality.
~*~

The taxi screeches to a halt at the edge of the block as Kimberly hands the driver a small wad of money. “Thanks.” She whispers, sliding out the car with Rose right behind her.

“So this is the place?” Rose murmurs with uncertainty.

“Yup. Jamelet and Summer moved down here, seems Summer had the connections to this house so they should be here.” Kimberly whispers ecstatically, walking down the clean lawn.

“Uh ok, but the lights are out, its like no one is home.” Rose whispers as they inch closer to the house, the morning sun light finally making its appearance on the shoreline.

Kimberly whistles and shakes her head in wonder, “Wow, look at this place, its sweet! They even have their own beach!” She squeals out, racing up the porch steps to ring the bell.

Rose smiles and giggles, “It’ll be nice to see them all again. My mom will kill me but I’m sure it’ll be worth it. Wonder if they still talk to the guys?”

“I’m sure they do.” Kimberly whispers, distractingly pulling the tiny curtains hung on the porch window. Peering into the window, she scans the inside of the house: the living room which was in complete disarray reflects that something had gone terribly wrong. Furniture and clothes were flung around as if whoever lived here, raced out of the house immediately in fear. Kimberly’s heart races as she grips her book bag tightly, the knuckles turning white.

“Kim, Kim what did you see?” Rose asks, pushing aside her friend to peer into the window. Gasping, she drops her small back pack on the porch floor. “Oh, oh God. This is a bad idea, we shouldn’t be here Kim.”

Kimberly gazes her dark coffee eyes on her friend and smirks, “Look, we’re here and I’m not going back home till I see the girls. I’m sure they’re probably and stuff. We shouldn’t jump to conclusions.”

Suddenly a voice cuts across the lawn, “Hey, Hey you two! What are you doing over there? Get out of there before I call the police!”

The two young women turn around to see a tall six feet two inches broad shoulder man, with fair skin and raven hair, running up to them. His dark emerald eyes bore into them angrily as he reaches the porch and stares down at them. “What are you two doing here? Didn’t you hear what I said?”

Kimberly growls and steps in front of Rose protecting the woman behind her. “What’s your problem? We have friends that leave here if it’s any of your business and we wanted to surprise them.”

“Friends? Who?” The man asks, his dark brows furrow.

Rose sucks her teeth, rolling her sapphire orbs at him, “The three women that live here. You don’t know them anyway, why are you harassing us?”

Galen exhales and shakes his head, “Please don’t tell me you’re the other girls mentioned from CAPPA.”

“CAPPA? Huh? NO! That’s gone, it’s destroyed.” Kimberly cries out, the fear clinging to her very bones.

“I’m Galen by the way. I used to work for CAPPA, the ladies aren’t in the house, they ran away for safety. CAPPA is being reconstructed miles down this road. I don’t know why you’re here. This is too dangerous for you all to around here.”

“CAPPA’s here?” Rose squeaks out, her hands grip around her waist.

“Yeah, I thought you would have known. Its been the news.” Galen whispers watching the two women curiously.

“We know: that’s why we came down here. We didn’t want to believe it, but its true now isn’t it?” Kimberly whispers, her dark brown locks waver in the warm breeze.

“Unfortunately. Listen you two shouldn’t be around here. Maybe you two could come with us.”

“Us?” Kimberly whispers.

“Yeah, Natalie and I. We’ll care for you girls, till we hear the others.”

“Natalie’s here?!” Both women shout in joy.

“Uh yeah, you know her?” He whispers softly.

“Duh!! She was with us during the great fall of CAPPA. This is great, we haven’t seen her since forever.” Rose smiles, peering over Kimberly’s shoulder.

“Ok, well cool. Well Natalie’s staying a nearby apartment, I’m heading back to check up on her. Glad to meet ya. And you girls are?”

Kimberly laughs nervously and extends her hand out, “Sorry that’s right, we didn’t introduce ourselves. I’m Kimberly and the blonde chick is Rose.” Now that she took a closer look at the man, he was extremely attractive and she gulped down her nerves so she wouldn’t jump on the beautiful creature.

Galen smiles and shakes her hand. “Well good morning, sorry about scaring ya, I was just passing by here for any clues and spotted ya. I thought you girls were fans of Backstreet and was going to harasses them.”

Rose blushes and whispers out, “Uh we are fans, but the girls live here right? What does that have to do with the Boys?”

“Oh they were all hanging out here not that long ago.” Galen responds, leading the two women down the porch stairs towards his black Jaguar parked next to a curb.

“Oh, they were visiting then?” Rose whispers amble behind Kimberly.

“Yeah, though I think like the women, they’re involved in this nasty mess again.” Galen explains, opening the back seat doors for the girls to get board.

Rose glances at Kimberly and clears her throat, “Uh, I don’t think we should get in the car.”

“Huh, why not?” Galen whispers, opening his door, sliding into his seat.

“Well don’t know you like that, how do we know you ain’t working with CAPPA themselves?” Kimberly questions him, placing a hand on her hip.

Galen nods his head, smiling, “You have a good head on your shoulders, I’ll call Natalie and you can hear it from her, I’m her boyfriend so you can take her word on it.”

“Cool, can’t wait to hear Naty again!” Rose whispers, her eyes twinkling happily.

“Yeah, it’ll be nice to hear from her again. You better hope your story matches with hers. Or you’ll be facing some major trouble with us.” Kimberly whispers.

Galen laughs and hands his cell phone to her so she can talk to Natalie herself.

“I’m sure it’ll match up. You seem like a decent guy. Natalie doesn’t date just any guy.” Rose smirks as Kimberly begins to talk to the phone to Natalie.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**