- Text Size +
Chapter 16 ~ Assertive Dominance


Terrence rested in his leather chair, clicking on the speakerphone. He touched a number to directly connect him with Coby’s suite of rooms connected to CAPPA. He gazed at his description and smiled to himself. He was the devil in human flesh. He was so clever and intelligent in his own mind. The boys thought that they would receive some sort of meal, Terrence laughed at the idea. He refused to send the boys down food, knowing that in a few moments he would be indulged in torturing a man that complicated his twin’s plans. He heard the gentle click of the line being changed. He heard his brother voice a greeting and immediately began to speak. “Do you know the description of Snow Angel’s Love God?”



“Why must you insist that it concerns Ana?” Coby complained.



“Brother, please, I know you better than you think. Any sort of command that you give now has some sort of effect on your Snow Angel. Don’t try to kid me. Admit it – Snow Angel has a thing for Howie and you want him disposed of. I mean honestly, I love to torture, but why not make it easier on yourself? Enslave the girl and take her chastity the easy way. For Heaven’s sake, Coby, spreading a girl’s legs isn’t like breaking steel. I’m sure once your hands were in the right zone that she’d melt like butter—”



“I want her to love me,” Coby interrupted angrily. “And, I can’t very well have her love me with that twit of a man in the way!”



“Oh, it’s love you desire,” Terrence laughed.



“Do you have him pinned out of the group or not?” Coby snarled, refusing to comment to Terrence’s hatred.



“I’m pretty sure.”



“I want you to be definite.”



“Well, I think I might have pinpointed him. Seems like the type that a Snow Angel might fall for. You know, typical tall blonde with blue eyes… He has tattoos of a shark and a tribal band of sorts on his arms, plus others that I don’t even want to get into detail over. But, all in all, twin brother, he’s the over-stimulated sex-god type that most girls pine away for.”



“Ana would never settle for a over-sexed-stripper-type—”



“Do you know what he looks like?”



Coby hesitated, “I never took the time to find out.”



Terrence groaned, “Damnit, Coby!”



“Give me twenty minutes and I’ll be definite on his description.”



“I’ll give you ten before I just shoot them all.”



*~*~*



Ana lay on the king-sized bed Coby had provided in her new suite of rooms. She stared listlessly at the ceiling, completely immobile. Her long honeysuckle curls fell off the edge of the bed, sweeping against the floor. She crossed her hands over her chest, feeling her heart beat beneath her palms. Her heart ached at what Summer had said. She couldn’t imagine such hatred in a person that Ana had once considered a friend. To think that woman wanted her dead? Ana couldn’t identify what she had done wrong, but she knew that she would not cry over it. Coby was taking good care of them and they were safe. Why must they hate her? Because she had developed a friendship with the one person that could change CAPPA? Because she had managed to stay safe through the siege at the hotel? Because she had used her powers against them? Or because she was actually considering staying with CAPPA?



Ana’s feelings began to turn toward anger, as there was a soft knock on the door. She said nothing as the white door was opened and Coby peeked his head in. She said nothing as he seated himself down on the side of her bed. She let her head hang partway off the bed, just averting her eyes to gaze at him. Coby offered an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry that you saw that. I was unaware that they felt so strongly… I never meant for you to get hurt.”



“You didn’t do the hurting, Coby,” Ana answered with a dissatisfied smile. She curled her body and rolled forward. She landed perfectly on the carpet, immediately shuffling toward the bay window. She perched herself on the seat at the window, staring out at the beautiful sunset.



“And I also wanted to apologize about the kiss,” Coby whispered, sitting himself down next to her. He took a moment to gaze at her profile. She sat with perfect posture, her back straightened and her bosom slightly projected. Her long curls fell in neat piles around her shoulders, catching the dimming rays of sun. Her skin was the color of soft, creamy vanilla from the strength of her gift. Her soft sapphire-emerald eyes were darker than before, because she now held a newfound cynicism for the world. Coby wanted to reach out and kiss her again, but faltered. He bit down hard on the inside of his cheek, not understanding why one woman could drive him so insane. “I shouldn’t have tried that with my good friend.”



“Don’t worry about it,” Ana stated quickly, shielding her face while she blushed. The kiss had definitely surprised her more than she anticipated. She understood that she was overly friendly with men, but that was her personality. She and Coby had grown up together. She had thought he understood they were just friends. Coby had been remarkable to her, but he wasn’t a love interest. He was simply a big brother that protected her when her sanity began to wear from the cages of CAPPA.



“I won’t, because we’re just…brother and sister,” Coby answered, swallowing hard to keep himself from spitting the last words.



“Exactly,” Ana enthused. She finally glanced toward him with a lazy smile. His returned smile was reassuring and kindly, but something in his eyes caused her to falter. His eyes had turned a dark steel color, similar to his twin brother’s eyes. Ana stared deep into his eyes, finding they contained a hidden sense of lust, vengeance, hunger, and craving. These emotions were something Ana was not used to seeing in Coby. She leaned backward against the wall, giving her space from Coby.



“So, since I’m your…big brother…can you tell me about the man that stole your heart?” Coby asked, catching the hesitance in Ana’s behavior.



“He didn’t steal my heart exactly,” Ana answered finally, unable to hide her silly smile. She decided to let the look fall through her thoughts. It didn’t seem too important to her, because she might have been reading into it. Coby understood that Ana only wanted to be friends.



“Oh really?”



“I… I pretty much gave it to him.”



“Oh, I see. And, let me guess what this man looks like. I mean, he must be something special for my Ana to become smitten. Not just an ordinary man, correct? I imagine a tall man…dark blue eyes…blonde hair…has to have some tattoos… One of those Greek-sex-gods, correct?”



Ana could only think of Nick, which made her crinkle her nose in distaste. Coby laughed, slapping his hands sharply on his legs. Ana rolled her eyes, not really understanding why Coby cared so much. “That sounds like his friend… And, God no, that’s a little too over-stimulating for me, Coby! You must know me better than that. It’d be like dated Barbie’s Ken or something!”



“I suppose… So, will you tell me what type of man has stolen your heart? So I might put a watch out on this man… Just to make sure that he’s the right type for my Ana?” Coby pressed, craving the information.



“He’s a typical guy, Coby. You’d think that fame would change someone, but he’s heart is just made of gold. And, his outward appearance is normal. You know – brown hair, brown eyes, a great body…” Ana’s lips curved into a gentle smile, recalling his features. “He’s like an inch shorter than me, but he’s so cute. His brown hair curls against his forehead, he used to have it long, but now that it’s cut… Gosh! No tattoos either. He’s like…natural, just all natural goodness. You know? Just a real sweetheart, too,” Ana described wistfully, holding a hand against her heart.



“A real sweetheart, huh?” Coby grunted, refuting the urge to vomit.



“Yes,” Ana answered, but she suddenly crinkled her nose in distaste. “We didn’t exactly part on the best terms, though. I was so angry at him for…for not telling me some things. Yet, I guess he was trying to protect me or something like that. I should have given him the benefit of the doubt. I wish I hadn’t been so cold toward him.”



“Cold?” Coby asked, actually smirking at the ironic nature of her statement.



“Yeah, our parting wasn’t exactly romantic.”



“Romantic? You mean you’ve had romantic encounters with him?” Coby gulped, struggling to maintain a level head. He felt his heart pound against his ribcage in disgust and anger. He felt betrayed as he looked upon Ana’s angelic face. He wanted to smother her at that moment. If he couldn’t have her, he would be damned if Howie could have her.



“Not real romantic encounters… I mean, just a couple kisses. Nothing too serious, you know?” Ana answered, tracing circles on the silky cushion she sat upon. She suddenly wished that Howie were at her side. She wanted to speak with him. She wanted to forgive him and move on. Move toward something tangible between the two. “I just wish I could see him again and let him know that I’m okay.”



“Yes, you might actually get that request sooner than you think,” Coby mumbled, standing up.



“Excuse me?” Ana replied, puzzled.



“Oh, nothing,” Coby quickly answered, smoothing out his tan slacks. He leaned down and pressed a kiss upon Ana’s cool forehead. “I have some things to do, so excuse me.” Coby hurried out of her room without pausing. He waited till he was back in his room to dial his brother’s phone. When Terrence picked up, Coby spoke quickly, “He’s about an inch shorter than Ana, brown hair, brown eyes, no tattoos. Get him and get him fast. Make him scream, Terrence, make him scream.”



“Okay! Damn, Coby. You’re quite steamed. You know, the boys are quite protective of one another.”



“I don’t give a rat’s ass. Just get the stuff done that I told you to get done. Since when did you care about such formalities? Torture Howie, and then bring all five to CAPPA for a little entertainment. And then I’ll take my turn of fun.”

*~*~*



Terrence skipped down the steps with utter joy. He tapped his hand against the long switchblade that had settled into his back pocket. His gun holster tapped against his hip as he walked down the long hallway. He was going to enjoy this torture session. He would hurt this man in the name of his brother. Hopefully, once this man was out of the way, Coby would make his peace with Ana, do the deed, and thrown her amongst the tattered ruins. Terrence could only hope as he walked toward the holding cell. Immediately, all the boys jumped upward upon hearing his footsteps. “I need to speak with Howie.”



“What for?” Kevin growled.



“Sit the Hell down,” Terrence snarled.



“What do you need?” Brian protested.



“I need to speak with Howie about Ana. It seems that she was involved in some type of accident. She’s in some serious condition. She keeps calling out for him. I was under strict orders to transport Howie to the facility immediately. She desperately needs to speak to him. She keeps whispering that she loves him and needs to see him. We’re only trying to grant her last request,” Terrence explained, trying to express some kind of sympathy in his cold eyes.



Howie was silent, just staring at Terrence. Somehow, he didn’t know if he could believe the man. He paused for the longest time, weighing his decisions. If Ana was really hurt – he would most definitely rush to her side. Yet, if he were bluffing – Howie would kill the man for even suggesting harm against Ana. Howie bit down hard on his lip, refusing to announce himself. He would wait for more information. The man would give away his true motives in time.



“Come now, gentlemen. Surely you would want to carry out Ana’s final request,” Terrence ensued.



“How… How was she hurt?” AJ questioned.



“She was traveling here to bail you out, but someone side-swiped her car. It tumbled quite roughly, wrapping around a telephone pole. Took hours to pry her away from the wreckage. The doctors assure me that she will not make it much longer. Seems she sustained massive wounds. As I said before, she’s dangerously hurt. So, please, do not make her final hours of life worthless. Don’t be stupid, please. She loves Howie and she needs to speak with him immediately.”



“Were others in the car with her?” Nick asked.



“Two women.”



“Oh God! Howie! That’s Jamelet and Summer!” Nick whispered loudly, smacking Howie heavily on the back to gain Howie’s attention. Howie stumbled forward in utter surprise, knowing that he was in serious trouble. Within several seconds, Terrence leapt into the cage and snatched Howie. He snapped handcuffs tightly onto Howie’s wrists and threw him out of the cell. Howie groaned as he fell sharply into the brick wall. Everything happened so quickly that no one had time to react.



“Is Ana okay?” Howie asked as Terrence pulled him to his feet roughly.



“Are you that much of a twit?”



“Answer me.”



“Ana’s quite fine in the hands of my brother,” Terrence answered with a gleeful smile, throwing Howie into an isolated room. Howie stumbled against the thick metal wall as Terrence seated himself at the table. Terrence pulled out several weapons, laying them upon the table. “I think you’d be quite proud of Ana’s accomplishments in the world. She’s having sex with one of the most powerful men in the world. After all, my brother owns CAPPA. He’s taking great care of her. Treats her like the Goddess of Love that she is… She’s quite content in her place. She loves to be dominated by a worthy man. And, I’m afraid that my brother has her screaming his name every hour of the night that she might not remember you. So, allow me to take care of your needs personally.”



*~*~*



Coby was grasping at loose ends as the hour passed. Ana hadn’t appeared from her room to speak with him. Coby felt as if he were loosing Ana as each minute passed. He wanted to assure that Howie had been disciplined, but he had heard nothing from his brother. He was on the verge of insanity. He decided to take matters into his own hands. He wanted to regain some kind of control. He had placed Jamelet and Summer in separate rooms, deciding to enjoy some quality time with Jamelet. He would enjoy the fruits of his labor. He wanted some kind of revenge and until he received Howie in his hands – Jamelet would have to do.



“What the Hell are you doing?” Jamelet screeched, struggling beneath the belts. The doctors had seized her out of the room and bound her to a fresh metal table. Several belts were wrapped around her waist, wrists, chest, forehead, and legs. She was disgusted as Coby offered a sweet smile. “Where’s Ana?!”



“That’s exactly who I want to talk about!” Coby answered, pulling up a stool. He perched himself by Jamelet’s head, running his hands through her silky brown curls. She tried to protest, but to no avail. Coby’s eyes glazed over at the mere thought of Ana’s soft body. “I mean, I’ve been trying to understand why she would be so interested in some loser that holds no power. I have everything. I can give her the world. What can this Howie do for her? Nothing. Not a damn thing!”



“Howie?” Jamelet whispered in confusion.



“Don’t worry, I’m having him taken care of. The asshole will not be allowed to have Ana’s heart. I will own her heart! Damnit, I will!” Coby roared, standing up. His hands were curled into tight fists as he stared down at Jamelet. He glared as if he were ready to erase the entire world. “Why does she like him so? What the Hell does he have? Why does she want to involve herself with some petty twit?”



“Do you really want to know why?” Jamelet whispered darkly.



“Tell me,” Coby ordered.



“Because, Ana would rather love a man who cares for her entirely instead of man who just wants to tie her down and make her into some pet-like slave,” Jamelet hissed, spitting into Coby’s face.



Without hesitation, Coby brought his hand swiftly against Jamelet’s cheek. The slap echoed against the walls, causing tears to form in the corners of her eyes. Coby cursed under his breath, walking toward a small tray filled with various medical tools. He picked up a large syringe, walking back toward Jamelet with fever. “I have just the thing for a smart mouth like yours.”



“What is that?” Jamelet asked, eyeing the large syringe. The barrel contained a small amount of bright red liquid. Jamelet felt her heart flutter with nervousness. She took a nervous breath as Coby held the syringe out for her to view.



“You know that so called rare blood disease that your older sister died from?” Coby asked, priming the needle. He smiled toward Jamelet. “That blood disease was none existent. Never happened. Your sister died for the price of CAPPA, just like Terrence was sent away for the price of CAPPA. Your sister wanted to rebel, so your father had her killed. Hurts, doesn’t it? Well, I was so fascinated by the story that I had the scientists under my power develop a prototype. Seems that it can be created! So, I decided that you and Summer would be my tests. You doctors who think that the world should bow down and kiss your feet no matter what destruction you caused. You doctors that tortured Ana and myself night and day for your own profit. You doctors who find our misery enjoyable. You doctors who exploited Ana as if she were some animal. Damn you all for what you done.”



“I had nothing to do with that!” Jamelet shouted.



“Bullshit!” Coby roared, advancing toward Jamelet with fever. “You worked with Ana every day. You treated her as if she were a slave. You tell me that I’m going to chain her to the wall, but I am giving her freedom! I’m giving her the freedom to test the gifts that God gave her freely. And, I’m giving her that gift by destroying everyone who hurt us in the beginning. I’m going to destroy every damn doctor that ever walked the halls of CAPPA. Then, I’m going to market this pathogenic blood to the hostile countries of the world for a tidy profit and double the price on the antiviral blood. So, I can give Ana the freedom that she deserves!”



Coby raised his arm to jam the needle deep into Jamelet’s vein, but a burning cold erupted into his hands. He glanced down in time to see the entire vial freeze and burst into tiny icicles. Coby cursed as the chunks of frozen glass and blood fell to the ground and shattered further. He turned around to see Ana standing at the doorway. Her sapphire-emerald eyes were dark with hatred. She raised her hands toward him in a threatening manner. Coby howled in pain, holding his frostbitten hand. “THAT WAS FOOLISH!”



“Fuck you! You… You asshole! To think I called you my brother! What the Hell are you thinking? That woman gave me the best years of my life! She didn’t do anything to hurt me. She made my life livable in that asylum. If anything, your father should be condemned! Oh… I forgot… I helped killed him. Now, get the Hell away from her now, before I send another ice-ball into your ass!” Ana screamed, thrusting another thick ball of ice in his direction.



Without hesitation, Coby held up his hand to generate a force field. The ice-ball shattered against the field, causing Coby to simply laugh. He held his hands up toward Ana. “Sweetheart, don’t play this game. You won’t win against me. I have all the powers combined into one. And, you’re quite confused. Let’s just go get you to bed and we’ll talk in the morning.”



“No!”



“C’mon, Baby.”



“DON’T CALL ME BABY!” Ana hissed, motioning toward the floor. A long sheet of ice formed against the tiles and under Coby’s feet. He went flying into the air and landed squarely on his back. The air was forced quickly out of his lungs as the ice dissipated. Ana grinned with triumph.



“Why are you trying to hurt me, Love?” Coby wheezed, scrambling back onto his feet.



“What the Hell is wrong with you? Don’t you understand? I don’t love you! I never have loved you. And I never will love you! I can’t love a man with no heart! You don’t care about me! I wanted to call you my brother, but I can’t even do that much! You’re just like your father! You want me to be some trophy for a perverted collection!” Ana hissed, walking toward him with her hands glowing an icy blue.



“I’M NOT MY FATHER!”



“AND I DON’T LOVE YOU!” Ana declared loudly, lunging toward him. Ana had prepared to deliver a lethal blow of frostbite to his insides, but Coby anticipated it all too well. As Ana lunged, Coby grabbed her sharply by the wrists and lit his body aflame. Ana howled in pain as the searing flames licked at her delicate skin. The smell of burned flesh clung to the air particles, causing Jamelet’s stomach to church. Ana immediately began struggling to get out of his grasp as the pain increased, but Coby held tighter and burned brighter. Ana screamed louder as the sensations of agony ripped down her spinal cord and spilled into her brain.



“YOU WILL LOVE ME IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO!” Coby threatened, dragging her forward with his body still blazing.



Ana shrieked in pain, writhing to get free of Coby’s fiery grasp. The pain pulsated in her body, calling out for darkness. She could hear Jamelet screaming her name, but it was useless. In a final effort, Ana released another large chunk of ice at Coby. Surprisingly, the ice connected with his chest, releasing his grip from her. He landed hard against the far wall as Ana crashed to the floor. She was dazed as she lay upon the floor, staring at her blackened and painful hands. Ana felt woozy as she concentrated on the oozing mixture of blood and plasma.



“ANA! RUN!” Jamelet shrieked.



“Huh?” Ana whispered, tearing her attention away from her pained hands. Coby was staggering to regain his balance. Ana jerked forward and forgot about her hands. Survival was on her mind as she pushed herself upward, rushing toward the door. She ran as fast as she could, but a shearing force gripped her around her waist and threw her backward. Before she could comprehend the situation, the force pulled her upward and applied tight pressure. It felt as if her insides were being crushed. She screamed in agony as the force brought her to face Coby.



“Didn’t you know that I also held powers of telekinesis?” Coby cooed. He held a menacing smile upon his face, concentrating on her body. He reached forward to caress her face. Ana jerked her head away, struggling, but the force only tightened. Coby pulled her closer to him, placing a fresh kiss on her lips. Ana hissed, glaring at him. Coby didn’t seem to care as he walked up the stairs with the force still binding her. He paused for a moment and eyed her wounded hands. He clicked his tongue. “I didn’t have to hurt you, but you wouldn’t behave. I’ll have Terrence see to the wounds when he arrives with a present.”



“Go to Hell!”



“You told me that already.”



“What did I ever see in you?”



“You will see the same thing I do. When you look into my eyes, you will see your love for me. I wish we didn’t have to do it this way, Ana. I love you more than life itself and I would rather die than see you with that other man. It’s like this, Ana, if I can’t have you, then no one can have you.”



“You’re sick!” Ana wheezed as they reached her room.



Coby seemed to ignore the statement as he brought her into the room. He allowed the force to tie her down to the soft bed. He motioned toward the windows with his hands, melting them into a hard rock. He then walked out of the room and slammed the door, also melting it into hardened rock. Ana rushed forward when the pressure was released from her. She pounded on the door, but to no avail. Coby had sealed her in the room. She had no hopes of escaping. Ana collapsed to the floor to hear Coby calling to her, “No one is going to take you away from me, even if I have to keep you locked away. So, you will love me and you have no choice in the matter.”

**~To Be Continued...~**