- Text Size +
“Termination of Sanity”

**~Relapsing In Control~**

Brian slumps back on his cot infuriated with Terrence’s recent actions: Taking Howie out for simple torture.

Kevin slams his fist on the wall, his eyes downcast at the failure he and the others did in protecting their ‘brother’ and band mate. “Dammit! You know what you just did Nick?!” He hisses at the young blonde man reeling back from Kevin’s wrath.

Nick gulps and nods his head, “I said I was sorry. It slipped out.”

“Maybe I should let you go instead Howie for that. You couldn’t keep your hands to yourself now could ya? You know that man was looking for Howie!” Kevin rasps out, losing control in his emotions.

“Yo, Kev. Chill, he said he was sorry. It was stupid yeah, but what can we do? At least Howie got the hell out of here. We should be so lucky.” A.J. whispers out, receiving glares from the two older men in the cell.

“Yeah, like getting tortured is much better than this!” Brian hisses out sarcastically, rolling his sapphire orbs towards the ceiling.

“Alright. Don’t go down my back, I’m just screwed as the rest of ya, don’t be getting on me.” A.J. shouts back, his hands gripping the hems of his worn jeans.

Kevin sighs, rubbing his tired eyelids, “You’re right. What was I thinking? I’m just afraid of what’s gonna happen to Howie.”

“You think he got sent back to that new CAPPA?” Brian meekly whispers, dreading the name as it lingers in the dry atmosphere. He could hear the inhale deeply at the mention of the name.

“Maybe, if not then I’m sure he’ll be heading there shortly.” Kevin whispers.

“But didn’t you hear what Terrence said, Ana was seriously wounded, she’s dying guys! And she was asking for Howie!” Nick shouts out nervously, his eyes scurrying the dirty cement ground inside their cell.

“Nick, that was a lie.” A.J. whispers with dread.

“What, no. Why would that man lie about Ana? He knows about her, so obviously there is something up with her.”

“Nick.” Kevin whispers softly, placing a hand on his shoulder, “He was saying that, to find out who Howie was. He knows where Ana is and she isn’t at a hospital. She’s in CAPPA along with Summer and Jamelet.”

“How do you know that?” Nick asks quizzically, not wanting to believe the cryptic message.

A.J. rolls his eyes and sighs, “Cause Nick that’s what this: all of this since the beginning has to do with. If it wasn’t CAPPA, we would still be living normal lives. Or whatever normal there is to this.”

Brian sighs and closes his eyes, fearing that something dreadful could have occurred with their friend.

A.J. bellows out a profanity as he shakes his head slowly, “God I can’t take this sh…” But stops mid-sentence when Kevin races over the front of the cell to see a small troop of black masked soldiers armed with loaded magnums and rifles. The group of seven armed soldiers raises their loaded arsenal at the four men in the cell. The leader of the group steps out in the center towards the locked cell. Peering in, the mask man unlocks the cell without ever saying a word and points to all the four quivering men in the cell.

“Come. You’re all wanted by the officer.” The masks man booms, his large gloved hands direct his black rifle towards Kevin.

All eyes fall on Kevin as he stands up from his cot and gulps, moving swiftly out of the cell under the supervision of the small army’s eyes. Brian and Nick glance at each other before both stand and slowly ease their way out of the cell without a question. Fear clutched A.J. frozen in place as he stands inside the cell watching his friends step out of the cell.

“Alex! A.J.? Hey come on.” Kevin whispers nervously, eying the main soldier inside the cell, prying at A.J. arms to move.

A.J. nods slowly and walks outside the cell feeling the tip of the harsh rifle on his back.

“You’ll need to follow us. This way.” The main soldier states, leading the group upstairs to a wide well lit hallway. Three doors on their left were passed until the main soldier stands at the first door to their right, turning the knob to fling open the door.

The main solider turns around and eyes the four men captured. “Terrence asks for all of you to come take a seat inside this room. You’ll join your friend shortly, but you’ll need to stay here for the moment.”

The four men were pushed softly into the vacant room, its harsh white lights gleam down from the beige ceiling as the only furniture in the room: a rickety wooden desk and four folding chairs remained. The leader of the soldier’s, stands in the threshold of the room and smiles. “By the way, Terry said to smile for the camera.” Pointing to a miniature camera lodged in the corner of the ceiling. With that, he steps out the room, locking and then bolting it from the outside before the group of soldiers wonder away.

A.J. sucks his teeth, kicking at the leg of the decrypted table. “Unbelievable!” He yells, flipping his middle finger at the camera’s direction. Suddenly a shaking wavering blank white screen comes up from the back of the room, popping out of the ground and adjusting itself as if to ready to show a film. All eyes watch as the lights in the room go off suddenly as the screen blinks and lights up to show a black and white room.

“What is this?” Nick whispers out as A.J. inches close to the screen.

“This doesn’t look good.” Kevin whispers, placing his palm on the screen. The screen fuzzes and clears up to show Howie sitting in a room with metal walls and a row of devastating arsenal lied before him on a table. They watch in fear and anxiety as the screen zooms in to see Terrence stand before the camera with a smile on his face. His face was seen clearly in the screen, his hard cold steel eyes stare back at the men.

Whispering softly, Terrence begins to speak: “Welcome gentlemen. I’m glad you can join me through visual content. I’m sure you’ll take pleasure in what I have a planned for your friend here. See through my brother’s request Coby: I was advised that your friend Howie should get the utmost treatment while here in the precinct. Now in case you didn’t know, I work along side my brother in CAPPA. Yes, you heard right, CAPPA is build and working quite successfully at the moment. So under my brother’s orders I was advised that you come enjoy the gift I have planned for Howie here.” Grinning widely he continues his small speech: “So without further ado. Here’s Howie. Enjoy!”

Brian inhales deeply as he watches Terrence grab a switchblade and shows it to the camera. Howie was tied to the chair as he struggles and writhes away from the plunder that will befall him. Terrence inches close to Howie and trails the sharp blade down the man’s soft cheek, the skin breaking on contact with the sharp blade. Wincing and crying out in pain, Howie struggles to move away from the weapon but to no avail. Ropes and handcuffs strapped him in place as the blade is now encrusted in the smooth liquid sliding out of his cheek.

“Howie!! Damn! Stop it!” Kevin whispers, pounding at the screen in anger.

Brian watches painfully as Terrance places the bloodied blade down and picks up another weapon: this one a dagger that slices through Howie’s lower arm. His screams ring out loudly in the room where the Boys are watching as they cringe and yell out. Blood seeps out of Howie’s arm as he thrashes around in pain, the dark liquid crashing on the tiled floor. Terrence glances back at the camera and smiles. “Ohh boys, we’re only starting. There will be so much more fun for you to witness. I heard Howie is deadly afraid of needles. Oh wait, no that can’t be right.” Terrence rubs his chin, staring at the camera with a smile on his face. “That would be one of your fears now isn’t?” He points to the screen, his finger almost as if it can trace the person: seem to point at A.J. Smiling, Terrence walks over to the table and pushes a small button underneath it. A whirling sound in the guy’s room distracted them as Kevin stands up and looks at the walls. A.J. glances around the room and gulps as the floor begins to shake violently as a small black suitcase raises up on top of the stool. After a minute, the ground stops shaking and the black suitcase opens up by itself revealing a syringe with a long extended needle.

Clearing his throat, Brian gazes at the screen to see Terrence gazing at the camera, his eyes almost on them as if he was watching them. “So as you can all tell, this syringe is filled with a toxic chemical.”

Nick with shaking hands, lean close to the suitcase, gazing at the red filled syringe. “What is in it?”

“Ahhh, I’m sure, you’ll asking yourselves what is implanted in that syringe. Well that’s quite the secret indeed. The chemical implanted in that syringe is a vile medication that will be injected into one of your friends. Perhaps you know her. Anyway, this medication is the ultimate of all your little gifts combine together. But there’s a down side to this. In a matter hours after the medication is implanted in a human’s internal system, it begins to deteriorate, killing the organs along side of it and finally killing off the person. Perhaps you wonder why I’m telling you this?” Terrence smirks at the camera’s direction as Howie’s yells from his wounded cuts provide a form of hypnotize melodic music.

“I don’t even wanna know.” Kevin growls, glancing at the suitcase.

“Well I’ll tell ya anyway.” Terrence speaks through the camera, a smirk scrolled on his face.

A.J. eyes the syringe nervously as Nick examines it closely.

“Well its important to know that once one of your little friends are injected with the medication, you have only two days to find the result before she dies from it. Quite the treat indeed. Oh but there’s more. See once she is injected with our special formula, she won’t be the same person you once knew. No, oh she will be different personality wise and oh the treat when you see what she can do.” Terrence chuckles, heading back over to Howie.

Brian gulps, eyeing the screen before him. “Who do you think he’ll use that on?”

Kevin sighs and shakes his head, “God only knows. A.J. you alright?”

A.J. stares at the syringe nervously and nods his head, “I, I think so.”
“Good, I need you to be strong for me.” Kevin whispers, taking the syringe away from Nick and placing it back in the only slot in the red velvet interior of the suitcase. Nothing else was in the suitcase and it seemed that it was constructed only for that instrument.

“Oh Boys, your friend Howie, how much pain do you think he can take before he passes out?” Terrence asks at the camera, his face gleaming in the screen.

“Oh Howie, man, I’m so sorry.” Nick cries out, dropping his head in defeat.

“I can’t believe he is still gonna hurt Howie!” Brian yells out, closing his eyes tightly as tears flooded in them.

“Boys, perhaps you heard of this type of torture. Back in history this method was elaborated on. It was the small cuts that plaque people. You see, I heard it can drive a person insane after you provide pain at variable speed. The body will reject and accept it all that same time. Quite the intriguing thing really. Maybe your friend Howie will pass it before I’m done cutting his pretty boy face up.”

Kevin in rage screams out a list of profanities, shaking the screen in his hands.

“Kev…Kevin please calm down.” Brian whispers, the fear arising from deep within his soul.

Kevin lashes at the screen before finally breaking down, collapsing on his knees as tears stream down his face. “I, I, I can’t handle all this anymore. I’ve had it guys.” He chokes out, his emerald eyes glaze over at the syringe.

Nick inhales quickly and crawls over to his friend, embracing Kevin. “You can’t give up. I don’t wanna stay here. I don’t wanna die! Please, for Howie’s sake, don’t give up.”

“Nick’s right man.” A.J. pleads with Kevin, throwing his arms around his friend’s broad shoulders.

Kevin inhales softly and sighs, gazing at Brian who offers up a small smile.

“Kevin we’ll end this right. CAPPA won’t have the last laugh.” Brian whispers, staring at the screen watching Terrence pick up another weapon ready to puncture their wailing friend.

“But for now, it sure looks like it.” A.J. mutters upset, his eyes downcast.

“Maybe we can get out here.” Nick whispers, standing up and heading for the locked door, trying desperately to unlatch the bolted door.

“It’s no use Nick. We’re locked in here, until who ever can open it up again.” Brian whispers.

Nick in frustration and anxiety pound and kick at the door, screaming at the top of lungs before he collapses and slides down the door with his back pressed on it.

“Oh man. Nick please try to stay calm. I can’t have you freaking out k?” A.J. whispers to him as Nick roughly wipes away the tears that collected around the edges of his eyes.

Nick nods his head and gulps, sitting and waiting. Waiting for something to occur.
The only sound that resounded in their vacant room were the screams of torture coming from Howie through the screen.
~*~

Jamelet sobs softly as the leather straps cut into her skin. After Ana was taken by Coby out the room, she was left alone to wonder the fatal conclusion of her friend. Coby enters the room again with a smile on his face.

“You know, even through all this time, Ana has remained faithful to you. I just don’t get it. I try to provide everything for her and she isn’t happy. Why? You have nothing to offer her.” He whispers, brushing his fingers through Jamelet’s dark brown locks.

She winces from his touch and jerks her head away from him as he simply laughs, sitting a stool besides her.

“She did something terrible you know?”

Jamelet withheld any comments and stares at the wall opposite from him.

“Look at me little girl. I need you to listen to me carefully or Ana will suffer.” He hisses, yanking Jamelet’s head, so her eyes stare at him in pain.

“Leave her out of this. What did she do to you? Don’t you get it? She’ll never be yours!” Jamelet cries out, a ripple of pain flood her face as Coby smirks: stabbing her in the thigh.

“Shut up! You know nothing! She’s mine! Do you hear me? Mine and I’ll do what I want!” Coby enrage, pulls out the bloody blade from the woman’s leg. Standing over her, he breaths heavily, frowning at her. “You know what I did to her?! She’s locked away! No one can find her! No one will either. Only I know where she is and that’s part of the enjoyment.”

“What’s wrong with you?!” Jamelet screams out, thrashing around as Coby surprises her and releases her from the leather bound straps on the medical table.
Laughing insanely, he shakes his head, “I have a surprise for you. Company is coming and I need you to prepare for them.”

“Prepare for them?” She whispers out nervously, clutching her wounded leg with her hands.

“Yes. I can heal that wound for you right now and care for Ana to the best of the conditions if you work with me.”

“Wh…what?!” Jamelet cries out.

Coby places his hands over her thigh where the injury is and releases a faint blue light emitting from his hands. The light washes over her leg and slowly repairs the wound without a slight ounce of pain. Jamelet watches in awe as the blood stops spilling out and the skin repairs itself. In a matter of minutes, her skin closed up as if nothing had occurred and she shots her head up at Coby.

“I’ll do my part if you do your.” Coby whispers into her ear, sending frightened shivers down her spine.

“Company? Who?”

“You’ll see shortly, just make sure I have your trust on my side. If I find anything slightly remote distant about your behavior or if you give anything away, then Ana will pay the consequences. Do you understand?”

“You wouldn’t hurt Ana, you don’t have the balls to do that. You’re so fascinated with her, you wouldn’t touch not alone abuse of her. Your heart is obvious and open for anyone to see.”

Coby snarls and slaps his rough hand across her cheek brutally: sending her to reel back in pain. “You watch your mouth, what you say will have brutal effects on the company as well as Ana. You don’t know me and you have no idea what I can do to you or anyone for that matter.”

“My father was a good man. What occurred to you was out of his control, but nothing like, what you are: Is what you were suppose to be. You did that all on your own.”

Coby breaks into an psychotic laugh and shakes his head, “On the contrary my girl, this is exactly what your father wanted me to become, along with Ana. You can’t give Ana what I can. I can understand her: we’re both injected with the drugs that your father placed into our systems. You don’t know what its like to deal with such immense power in your system. Though shortly you will begin to understand. And when you do, it will be too late.”

“Is that a threat?!” Jamelet hisses out through clench teeth.

“Call it whatever you want doctor’s little girl, but I’ll make sure to have the last laugh.” And he pulls on her arm, forcing her to stand as they both struggle and make their way out of the room.
~*~

Ana wails out and traces her hands down her lap. Leaning her head back on the satin pillows she wipes the tears that threaten to fall back down her snowy cheeks. “Not again. This can’t be happening to me again. That bastard.” She sniffs, her tears dripping like the outside rain, rapidly and swiftly. She breaks a smile and recalls all the time that Howie would help comfort her, recollecting his gentle words. But now, it seemed that he was being punished by the corporation because her heart belonged to him and not Coby. “Be strong Howie, they just want to break you. But you’re better than that and always had been.” And with that she rolls onto her side and sighs, closing her eyes to shut out the pain that clouded her in the dark room. Clutching the cotton sheets over her body, she curls up on the bed and tries to rest, anything that will help her forget the situation she is caught in.
~*~

She sighs and leans back on the sofa, in shock over the sudden visitation of the two girls. “Rose, Kim. Why did you really come back here?”

“I, we will thought about you, all you guys and missed ya. We needed to talk to you all about why our powers left us, why our life as normal as we try to make it, is nowhere near as normal as it ever will be.” Kimberly whispers, her dark eyes gleam as she passes a trembling hand over her dark locks.

Sighing, Natalie shakes her head, “It’s for the best. Trust me girls, you don’t need those gifts to make your life better. You never needed it and you know that.”

“So what exactly happened with Summer, Ana and Jamelet?” Rose whispers out, rubbing the top of her covered jean knees.

“I think they were caught by CAPPA. When we got there a group of soldiers and police were surrounding the hotel where they were staying at. It was a big mess. Galen and I headed to the police station to try to make sense of all of it but I couldn’t seem to help the Boys out.”

“So you’re telling us that the five guys are caught and are in prison as we speak?” Kimberly seeps out the fatal thoughts.

Galen nods his head, trailing his fingers over his lower lip softly, “Ummm, yeah.”

“Why did they left you go then?” Rose whispers, nervously running her fingers through her flaxen locks.
“They didn’t need me for some strange reason. Natalie managed to talk to the officer in charge and was able to let me out with no bail.” Galen whispers, his tan hands run over his dark hair.

Kim gulps, “Ok so uh what can we do? I mean they need us right? We gotta help them! If they’re caught in CAPPA, we should help them out and sent them free. We did this twice, what a third time?!”

“This time is different girls.” Galen steps up, sighing. “This time our enemy is much stronger than any of you had ever seen. He goes by the name of Coby Williams.”

“Williams! What? No way, we killed his skinny a…” Rose was intercepted by Kim.

“Who wait, William? That was Cabal’s last name wasn’t it?”

“Yes, but let me finish explaining.” Galen whispers, sitting besides Natalie on the couch. “Coby is one of the sons of Cabal’s.”

“One, you mean to tell me there’s more of that guys genes in this world?” Rose murmurs out.

Natalie nods her head and tells the girls to keep quiet so Galen can finish explaining.

“Yes, seems after my thorough research I found out Cabal has two sons: One who was part of a fatal experiment gone extremely wrong. Sanchez had him along with Ana locked away a while back before you girls came into the picture. Anyways to make a long story short, both of them were participants of a sudden injection gone wrong. Ana was excused that day, but Coby however under his father’s fatal orders was forced to take a blood interaction that somehow triggered something in his system. Seems Coby has managed to control not just one power but many all at the same time. And if my calculations are right, I think he’s close to controlling almost all the gifts you along with the guys have. And when he does, which won’t be long, he will be impossible to defeat.” Galen sighs, patting Natalie’s knee.

Kim and Rose drop their mouths open, “I knew I should have stayed home.” Rose whispers, dropping her head into her hands.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**