- Text Size +
Chapter 18 - Don't Tempt Me



Jamelet quivered with utter nervousness as she sat down in the large company room at the bowels of CAPPA. Coby had prepared a lavish room for whoever was arriving and made sure that she fit the scene. Jamelet was bound in a tight red dress that left no room for comfort. The dress reached the floor with two similar slits up the sides advancing toward her hips. Her chest lay crushed beneath a tight bodice, adhering to every curve. Her silky black curls were thrown into a romantic bun, allowing ringlets to gentle fall. Jamelet feared that in this attire she might be requested to do some distasteful things in the presence of the guests. She found a heavy burden was laying upon her shoulders, because if she didn’t perform to Coby’s liking, Ana would fall into the pits of Hell with no chance at a return.



“STAND UP!” Coby barked as he sauntered into the room. He looked as if he were prepared to be some sort of king. He wore the finest silk shirt with a pair of loose fitting khakis. His dark curls were whisked away from his gray eyes, leaving a haunting glare upon his face. Noticing that Jamelet was not moving at his recommended pace, he snatched her wrists and yanked her upward. “Did you not hear me?”



“I-I’m sorry,” Jamelet stammered, knowing she could never be as bold Ana.



“You better be. My guards are leading them toward us now. Make haste and be friendly.”



“O-Okay, but… You have to at least show me that Ana is okay! You’ll have my full consent to do whatever you want. I just…I need some type of proof!” Jamelet hissed toward him, reaching out to grasp his hand. Coby growled, pushing her back into a seat. Jamelet winced as she almost flipped over the back of the chair, but she persisted. “You need to give me proof! Show me, damnit! Show me!”



Without hesitation, Coby held out his palms. A foamy white ball formed within his palms that filled with a misty haze. Jamelet leaned forward, anxiously peering amongst the shadows. Sure enough, Ana was pictured in a brilliantly white room. She lay around several satin pillows, staring at her wounded hands in anxious worry. Jamelet narrowed her eyes, noticing icy tears falling against Ana’s pale cheeks. Jamelet took a sharp breath, never had she seen Ana cry. Despair began to set against Jamelet’s soul. It looked as if Ana had given up all hope. And, if Ana had given up hope, why should Jamelet believe that there was a chance of escape?



“Have you seen enough?” Coby asked.



“Yes,” Jamelet sighed. The image disappeared just as fast as Coby had conjured it. Jamelet stepped away from him, bumping into a nearby couch. She stumbled under the stress, falling against the couch. Coby seemed pleased with her reaction to the image. He folded his large arms across his chest, staring down at Jamelet. She studied him closely, absolutely amazed. She noticed that during his fight with Ana, he had used telekinesis and fire. Yet, now he demonstrated an entirely new ability. Jamelet feared that she might be above her head this time. “You… How many gifts do you have?”



Coby narrowed his eyes toward her, allowing a dark glare to flicker against his pupils. “Too many for you to possibly fathom.”



Jamelet decided to say nothing further, fearing that Coby might be willing to demonstrate some of his talents against her. Instead, she bowed her head and folded her hands into her lap. The silence was broken with a soft tapping on the door. Jamelet allowed her eyes to move to see Coby clap his hands with approval. Quickly, Coby bent down and squeezed Jamelet’s upper arm tightly. He yanked her up and pulled her toward the far wall. He offered a devilish smile toward Jamelet. “Would you like to see the men you’ll be entertaining while I devise the depths of my plans?” Coby asked.



“I suppose,” Jamelet drawled carefully.



Coby placed his hand firmly upon the wall. Jamelet gasped and took a step backward as the wall melted into an icy transparent glass. Jamelet’s eyes grew wide in apprehension as four men were thrust into the room. She immediately pressed her hands against the cool glass, eyeing each man closely for any trauma. Jamelet felt her heart skip a beat when she gazed upon Nick. For reasons unknown, she wished to hold the man in her arms and soothe his worries. The look in his eyes warned Jamelet that he believed it was his entire fault. Jamelet thanked the Lord, however, because the four men sat upon the nearby chairs without any problems. None were physically damaged, but it was apparent they had suffered emotionally. For, each held the same look in his eyes – panic.



“Where’s Howie?” Jamelet blurted, noting only four men sitting upon the chair with armed guards surrounding them.



“He’s walking down the corridor now,” Coby explained, motioning toward the other wall. The wall closest to the corridor became a watery, transparent glass.



Jamelet choked on the urge to scream when Howie came into her view. He was stumbling under tremendous pain as a man identical to Coby slammed a butt of a gun into the middle of his back. Howie stumbled to the floor, coughing thick clots of black blood. He bowed his head in shame, struggling to crawl on the floor. It was apparent that more wounds lay beneath his bloody clothing as he clutched his stomach. Without any remorse, the identical man kicked Howie in the chest, causing him to flip onto his back. Jamelet finally allowed a scream to pierce the air, noticing the thick cuts applied to Howie’s face. Each oozed with fresh blood as another man punched Howie squarely in the jaw.



“Please! Don’t!” Jamelet urged, turning to face Coby. Jamelet could only imagine the pain Ana would feel when she realized what had happened to Howie. Fresh tears gathered at the corners of Jamelet’s eyes, threatening to spill over. “I know that you hate Howie with all your heart. But for God’s sake, he needs a doctor! Ana would care for you more if she was aware that you saved Howie from that madman. Just, God, don’t hurt him anymore!”



“Don’t hurt him you say?” Coby asked.



“Yes!”



“Ana would love me to know that I saved this pathetic fool?” Coby asked, watching several men pounce upon Howie with savage beatings.



“PLEASE! He needs a doctor!” Jamelet screamed, unable to hold her tongue.



“Fine,” Coby announced curtly. He motioned toward the watery wall, making it disappear completely. He glared upon Howie and then toward the identical man. He clicked his fingers and Howie was thrown to his feet and dragged down the hall. Coby smiled bitterly as he grabbed Jamelet roughly by the arm. He took a deep breath and threw her into the other wall. Jamelet screamed, fearing she might be injured. But, instead, she melted through the thickness and tumble upon the boys.



*~*~*



Howie gagged as he was thrown onto yet another metal table. Immediately, Terrence tied him to the board with thick leather straps. Howie’s body had given up the fight long ago. Howie’s mind was cloudy with intense pain, making it impossible to recognize his surroundings. He could only remember the knife slashing against his body, tearing into his delicate skin. He then recalled the searing salt that Terrence had rubbed into his fresh wounds. Only to be followed with more cuts from the knife. Although he had only been tortured for several hours, it seemed like centuries in his own mind. Howie moaned a soft request of mercy, unable to speak louder because he had broken his voice long ago with his excruciating screams. Yet, Terrence merely spat into his face with the simple request. Howie choked, turning his face to the side. He watched as his own blood dripped freely against the white marble floor. It was within the final hour that Howie had actually pleaded that God allow him to die.



“So, this is the infamous Howie, Terrence?” another man called, grabbing Howie roughly by the throat. He forced Howie to stare into his eyes. Howie felt sick as he gazed into what seemed to be Terrence’s own eyes. Howie averted his gaze long enough to notice that Terrence sat in the corner of the room and the man before him… They were exactly identical. The man laughed bitterly, slamming Howie back onto the table. “You are the man who has stolen Ana’s heart?”



“Ana? Is… Is she okay?” Howie wheezed as the breath was forced from his lungs.



“She’s perfectly content in my arms,” Coby hissed, pulling up his white sleeves. “Do you have any idea who I am?”



“The reincarnate of the Devil Terrence?” Howie guessed bitterly, struggling to push past the pain.



“You really are a fool,” Coby declared, allowing his fingertips to glow a brilliant red. “I am Terrence’s twin brother, idiot. And, like Ana, I am an older experiment within CAPPA. Like Ana, I was bred for destruction. Only I know what she could possibly need. Yet, no matter how I try to please her, she holds onto some silly fantasy that you are her match. So, I come to you today with a bargain.”



“I would never bargain with a louse like you,” Howie groaned, struggling against the straps.



“Teach him a lesson, Coby,” Terrence enthused.



“You’ll want to make a bargain with a louse like me once I’m through with you!” Coby threatened, advancing toward Howie. His eyes were dark with intense hatred. Howie matched Coby’s fierce glare. “You see, my brother may be quite talented with a knife against your skin, but I contain something deadlier. You see, I wield many gifts from CAPPA. Allow me to give you a mere demonstration of some of my powers.”



Coby snapped his fingers and Terrence tore away Howie’s bloody shirt. Coby smiled warmly at the deep knife carvings Terrence had accomplished. Spiteful words had been scrawled into Howie’s chest, labeling Howie weak and inferior. Coby twirled his finger to allow an intense flame linger against his fingertips. He pushed his fiery fingers against Howie’s collarbone, causing him to shriek in pain as his skin smoldered from the flame. Coby motioned with his other hand toward Howie’s neck, causing a crushing sensation against Howie’s windpipe. Howie clawed at the straps, struggling to get toward his throat. His eyes bulged with intensity. Coby then allowed an intense electrical charge to jump from his fingers, shocking Howie in various tender areas. Howie screeched, struggling to regain his breath. Coby simply laughed, “How does it feel to have your power turn against you? How does it feel to have your friends’ powers to turn against you?”



Howie kicked at the table as dark spots began to cloud against his eyes. His skin turned deathly pale before Coby decided to release the intense grip of his telekinesis. Howie gasped as air quickly rushed into his lungs. His skin adhered against his ribcage with every deep breath. Coby seemed delighted as he cracked his fingers. “That’s not all I can do Howie. How would you like a permanent scar by your lover’s gift?”



“G-Get away,” Howie gasped.



“Take a deep breath, this will hurt,” Coby answered, allowing his index finger to glow a brilliant blue. He plunged his icy finger deep into Howie’s chest, amongst the deep knife scars. Howie screamed as a bitterly cold burn flamed against his skin. He struggled against the table, clutching at the sides. Terrence clapped with happiness, egging Coby further. Yet, Coby said nothing as he stroked his finger along Howie’s chest, writing CRADLE-ROBBER within the frostbiting cold. Coby seemed quite pleased with his work as he looked at Howie’s blackened skin. “Her power is quite deadly, is it not?”



“Fuck you!” Howie exclaimed as pained tears rolled down his bloody cheeks.



“Watch your mouth or I won’t show you my most potent power,” Coby warned. He admired Terrence’s handiwork upon Howie’s flesh. He then gazed upon the wounds he himself had inflicted. Coby hesitated when he noticed all the flesh wounds across Howie’s face. Coby clicked his tongue in pity, grabbing Howie’s face within the palms of his hands. “One thing I can’t stand is a cut-up pretty boy.”



Howie was amazed as a brilliant green color exploded from Coby’s hands and washed against his face. Each knife wound immediately healed as the blood was pooled back into his body. Howie was relieved when the pain dissipated from his face. Coby held up a mirror to show Howie that all the wounds in his face had disappeared without any scarring. “You know, Howie. I can heal every single wound upon your body. I can cease the pain exploding within your skull. And all you have to do for me is tell Ana that you no longer wish for her love. I need you to completely end anything you had with Ana for her own good. She needs someone that understands her. Not some pretty-boy who flashes off his powers to win the heart’s of girls years younger than he. Stop being a Cradle Robber and allow me to heal you.”



“You want me to break Ana’s heart?” Howie murmured, noticing the pain disappearing as Coby concentrated on him. Howie couldn’t deny that he desperately wished to be rid of the pain, but he would not allow himself comfort at the expense of Ana’s heart. He had already hurt her and it felt as if he had torn his own heart. He knew that he could never face Ana and truthfully tell her that he no longer cared.



“For her own sake!” Coby growled.



“You can’t exactly keep her happy,” Terrence continued, admiring his reflection in a nearby mirror. “It’s better to give Coby the chance at fulfilling her needs. God knows my brother needs a good lay–”



“Shut up, Terrence!” Coby snapped, turning back toward Howie. “So, do you accept my offer? Painless freedom in exchange for Ana’s heart?”



“No,” Howie blurted without hesitation.



“Excuse me?” Coby choked.



“I would rather die than tell Ana that I care nothing for her,” Howie declared honestly. “You can do the worst to me, but I will still care deeply for that woman. Just because you are afraid of some healthy competition doesn’t mean that I’m not. Because, in the end, I’ll win, because I desire Ana’s heart while you probably only desire her body.”



“You… You son of a bitch!” Coby roared, unable to hold his temper. He reached out with his hands. Howie took a deep breath, noticing the large balls of flame leaping against Coby’s skin. It was obvious that Coby held every intention of killing Howie for Ana’s love. “I’ll tear your body apart and still keep your brain alive so you may feel every ounce of pain! I will make you die a thousand deaths and still let you cling to a strand of life. You will wish that you never met her!”



Howie prepared to have Coby lunge toward him, but Terrence grabbed Coby roughly by the arms. “Coby! Forget this asshole. We’ll deal with him later when we both have the energy. For now, let’s go see if Ana can…increase our appetites.”



“Excuse me?” Coby growled, glaring toward Howie.



“I want to see Ana,” Terrence repeated with a lustful smile, loud enough for Howie to hear.



“You want to have sex with Ana,” Coby replied hatefully.



“Either way…”



Coby swallowed his anger toward Howie, allowing the balls of fire to shoot from his fingers and smash against a metal wall. He wanted to kill his brother for the sexual suggestion toward Ana, yet, he couldn’t allow himself to drown the idea. The very thought of Ana made him dizzy with excitement. Coby turned toward Howie, pummeling his fist straight into Howie’s jaw. Howie groaned as a fresh spill of blood spurted into his mouth. Coby wiped the blood from his knuckles on Howie’s shirt. “You made a fatal mistake, Howie. I will be visiting you later once Ana has revived Terrence and myself. And, just know that if Ana refuses my advances – she will die a most horrid death.”



*~*~*



Ana was drawn away from her light sleep when she heard the steady echoes of footsteps. She lurched forward in the bed, careful not to bump her injured hands. Her eyes were wide with anxiousness, praying that Coby had come to his senses. She watched anxious as a familiar figure leapt into the room. Ana immediately recognized it to be Coby, because of the shape shifting through the walls, but she was utterly wrong. Instead, Coby had thrust Terrence into the room while he tended to gathering Ana new clothing. Ana didn’t notice the change as she shifted cautiously on her bed. She was prepared to talk her way out of the situation, knowing that she probably couldn’t beat Coby in a match of powers. So, Ana shifted into her most seductive charms, knowing that if Coby wanted her heart that she would have to play a different part.



“Coby, this is so foolish. You can’t keep me locked in here. I want to love you, but I can’t love you while you keep me locked up like Rapunzel,” Ana pleaded softly, watching Terrence sit next to her upon the bed. She allowed him to run his hands through her silky curls, pulling her close to him. Ana felt nauseated when Terrence’s hands slipped down her back, yet she said nothing. She had to act cool in order to ensure her safety. His aggressive behavior would pass once he had his fill of touching her.



“I’m only keeping you here for your protection,” Terence informed, playing the part of his twin. He felt his body grow warm as he allowed his hands to stroke Ana’s back. He decided that if he could play the part of his twin, then he should also reap the benefits of Ana’s aggressiveness. Terrence couldn’t deny that she was a beautiful girl. She alluring, just like Jamelet.



“This is not for my protection, Coby. Please, this is unfair. I feel like an animal at the zoo.”



“I could join you in your animal nature upon this bed,” Terrence suggested, ravenously grabbing her hands.



“Excuse me?” Ana screeched in pain, immediately pulling back her hands.



“Oh! Ana! I forgot that I had injured you so! Please, let me take care of that!” Terrence cooed, examining her hands. He noticed they were charred black as skin flaked off to reveal deeper layers of tissue. Her eyes were watery with tears as she merely nodded in acceptance. Terrence smiled, reaching for a small first aid kit. Without hesitation, he began to treat the wounds like a normal man.



That was his fatal mistake. Ana studied his posture with confusion. She knew that Coby had the power to heal wounds, yet, he was taking care of her burned hands like a normal man? Ana studied him closely as he began to wind gauze around her throbbing hands. She noticed a tinge of dark gray in the man’s eyes, alerting her that this indeed was not Coby. Ana knew that this could very well be her chance to escape. Terrence held no powers to use against her. With a seductive smile, Ana ran her bare foot against Terrence’s chest. “Coby, I was so foolish, would you like to join me in a steamy shower?” she purred.



“Of course!” Terrence laughed, reaching up to brush his lips against her own.



As soon as their lips connected, Ana took her chance. She stood up and kneed Terrence directly in the groin. He wheezed in surprise, falling against the wall. Ana tackled Terrence like a tiger hunting for prey. She wrapped her injured hand firmly around his neck, squeezing tightly. She no longer cared about the pain as her irises grew a deadly white. The room dropped into the sub-zero temperatures as icy winds whipped about Ana’s form. She had every intention of killing the man as she spoke with crisp icy words. “You arrogant asshole. To think you would play your own brother in order to score a piece of ass. Too bad you didn’t think about all the details. You, unlike your brother, are fully normal. Coby would have taken care of me by completely healing my wounds – yet you reached for gauze? What kind of idiot do you think I am? Did you think I wouldn’t notice?”



“I was hoping,” Terrence hissed, wrapping his hands around Ana’s secured hand. He felt the cold wind whip against his cheeks, chapping instantly. Yet, no ice flowed from her hands. Terrence’s lips curved into a sinister smile, still holding tightly to Ana’s wrist.



“What the Hell are you smiling about?”



“About your womanly idiocy,” Terrence sneered, tracing his hands down to her hands. Without any hesitation, Terrence reached out and dug his fingers into both her burned palms. Ana screeched in surprise at the agonizing pain that leapt through her body like electricity. Terrence swept into his back pocket, removing a switchblade. Without any hesitation, Terrence slammed Ana to the ground and pinned her hips beneath his thick thighs. He held the switchblade to her throat, panting heavily with a greedy smile. “You may be able to control the icy storms, but you cannot inflict pain by ice with your hands. Not while they’re injured at least. Your power would tear through your hands like flimsy slices of meat.”



“The words kiss my ass are coming to my brain,” Ana replied hatefully, cursing her luck.



“You would have been better off conjuring a hailstorm,” Terrence laughed, ignoring her bitter hiss. He kept the switchblade poised at her throat, while allowing himself to roam her body freely with the other hand. Ana yelped in pain while he squeezed her most tender areas with threatening aggressiveness. His hand traced down areas that were never meant to be touched before marriage. Ana screamed out a dangerous threat, but Terrence continued to tarnish her body. “I think today is the day that your fierce spirit is broken by two men. I was thinking of giving Coby the pleasure of breaching your chastity, but now I want a part of this grand experience. Your liveliness will be a joy in the bedroom.”



“I’d rather you scrape that switchblade across my throat.”



“You may get your wish if you don’t listen, but your punishment will be two-fold. We will get our way, Ana, no matter what. I’m an impatient man. If you will not consent, I will take what’s rightfully mine. Is that understood?” Terrence asked, crushing his thighs against her hips. Ana said nothing, so Terrence allowed the blade to slip down to her collarbone. Ana winced while blood traced down her skin, but she refused to call out. Seeing that the wound had no effect, Terrence reached into his back pocket. “I thought you wouldn’t consent, so I brought some leverage.”



“Leverage?” Ana repeated, watching him shuffle through several photographs. Without hesitation, he began to show her the pictures. Ana’s eyes adjusted to the darkness that Terrence had brought and found herself growing physically ill. The man in the pictures was severely mangled. Blood pooled from every possible source. Several deep lacerations cut into the precious skin of his face. Huge purple bruises broke against his skin where torture devices had been supplied. Several photographs contained the man being humiliated by several different objects. Ana stared at the man’s face for several moments before she realized it was Howie. “YOU BASTARD!”



“I knew you’d react that way to seeing your tortured beloved. Do you know he’s in this containment area as we speak? But he’ll never know where you are because you’re hidden away in a place so secretive that even the FBI would be lost. So, we’re going to play a little game. You do what Coby and I demand and he won’t be hurt any more. You give me any of that saucy mouth – I’ll butcher him like a pig. Understood?”



“DAMN YOU!” Ana screamed, bringing her hands up to his throat. Her hands pained as they began to turn icy blue. She didn’t care if her hands were amputated from her body, Howie would not be hurt. Nonetheless, Terrence expected such and quickly grabbed her by the shoulders and slammed her back down. He reached for his switchblade, sliding it under the fabric of Ana’s tank top. He began to grip her tightly, preparing to continue with his dastardly plan.



“TERRENCE!” Coby roared suddenly as he melted into the room. It took Coby only a few seconds to realize what Terrence had planned. Coby swooped down and blasted Terrence with a harmless ball of wind. Terrence tumbled to the floor in shock as Coby scooped Ana off the floor. He quickly brought Ana to the bed, admiring her crippled hands. Coby shook his head in disgust. “I am so sorry Ana! I had no idea that… God! Let me help you!” Coby quickly allowed his hands to glow as he encased Ana’s hands, within seconds her hands returned to normal. Coby brought her hands to his lips. “Please forgive me. Please? Please don’t be upset.”



“I’m not,” Ana answered, staring at her cured hands. She watched as Terrence slowly gathered himself to his feet. Ana then gazed at Coby, who stared at her with hope. She knew this was her only chance. She gathered her nerves, rolling off the bed. Everything seemed to blur as Ana grabbed Terrence by the throat and put herself behind him. A sharp icicle burst from her hand, embedding only a few centimeters into Terrence’s throat. He wheezed in surprise, buckling under the pressure. Ana held him up, peering over his shoulder. “Is Howie here, Coby?”



“Ana—”



“Don’t toy with me. I can embed this icicle all the way into Terrence’s throat, killing him. And you know that you need your little twin to do your bidding. You’re smarter than you let on. So, don’t tempt me, because I will kill him without regret So, answer my damn question,” Ana hissed, forcing Terrence to walk forward to Coby. There was a dark hatred in Ana’s eyes, willing Coby to step out of line. She would have no problem slaughtering the man who attempted to rape her. “Is Howie here?”



“Yes,” Coby countered, watching Terrence’s eyes fill with terror as the icicle entered his flesh another centimeter. Terrence cried out in pain, feeling bubbles form in the back of his throat. He prayed for his brother not to make a foolish mistake.



“Good, so here’s the deal. You take me down to the others and there will be no harm down. If you don’t take me down to the others, you’ll have one less sibling to worry about and all the hatred in the world that I could possibly conjure toward one person. So help me God, Coby, don’t tempt me.”



“Ana, please!”



“It’s your choice – freedom for me or death for your sibling.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued..~**