- Text Size +
“Termination of Sanity”

**~Lost In Mind~**

Brian gasps, watching Jamelet tumble through what seemed like an invisible wall onto the marble tile floor the room provides. “Jamelet? Is, is that you?” He whispers glancing at the woman in the tight satin red dress that seemed to have captured every possible curve the creature has. He clasps his hand on her arm and with Kevin’s help: both help the woman off the floor.

“Hey girl, oh God I’m so sorry you’re here.” Kevin whispers, eyeing her and checking to see if she was injured on her arms or face.

“I, I, I’m ok. Just fine.” Jamelet whispers, trembling slightly because her actions will dictate what will happen with Ana health. Nick and A.J. approach the woman and sighs, embracing her as Jamelet welcomes the hugs and sighs, relief flooding her system in seeing familiar faces.

“We didn’t know what happened to you girls after the whole leaving for the hotel.” A.J. whispers softly gulping.

“Yeah well, figured nothing good would have come out of wanting to be separate. You girls should have stayed with us.” Nick mumbles, the guilt chewing away ever so slowly at his tortured soul.

“And…and Howie wouldn’t have been taken from us.” A.J. growls, clenching his fists tightly to his side.

“Howie.” Nick sighs, dropping his head.

Jamelet gulps and nervously tugs on the dress that was beyond snug on her body, “Gu, guys. I’m sure Howie will be ok.”

The four men gaze at her strangely and shake their heads. “Huh, what? You’re kidding me right girl? I mean I know it hasn’t been that long since CAPPA pulled this stunt. And you’re telling us that Howie is fine? Ha, if you only knew what we witnessed.”

“Well what did you see exactly?” Jamelet whispers slowly.

Brian swallows and slumps onto the cold tile, drawing his knees up to his chest, “We, we, we saw Howie tortured! Seems Terrence or whatever the hell the guy’s name is, send soldiers to take us out of the cell and into a room where we witnessed Howie getting tortured first hand! And there wasn’t a damn thing we could do about it cause we saw it all from a projection in a separate room. I guess Terrence thought it would be more effective for us to personally see what is being done to our friend without stopping him.”

“Oh God, this shouldn’t have happen. What are we gonna do? I, I saw Howie.” Jamelet whispers, dropping her gaze to the floor.

“Where?” A.J. whispers.

“I don’t know, I just saw Coby revealed it in his hands, he had some white clear ball form out of it and it showed Ana and Howie!” Jamelet whispers out, already fearing she said too much.

“Oh man. K. Listen to me Jamelet, where is Ana and Summer?” A.J. whispers, placing his palms on her cheeks, holding it as she sighs.

“That’s the thing! Ana was taken away. Seems Coby has a thing for her. I don’t know where she’s at but I’m sure Coby is taking care of her.” She whispers out, hating to lie to the only allies in this sick corporation.

“What?! Like Hell he is! Where is she?” Nick whispers out, pushing A.J. away from her gently.

“I told you, I don’t know! He hid her away. That’s all I know.”

Suddenly Brian’s soft murmurs fill the air, You saw her didn’t you? She’s hurt right?”

“Look, stop questioning, I’m just as much in this as you guys are.” Jamelet whispers, clutching her hands tightly upon her bosom.

A.J. narrows his eyes and exhales, “Ok, so Ana’s locked away somewhere and Summer, where is she?” He drawls out slowly, hoping to see if Jamelet will provide the right answer now.

“I was last with her a while back. Before Coby came for me.”

“Came for you?” Nick whispers, stepping close to her.

“Uh yeah, yeah. He wanted to show me the entire facilities to ease any doubts. Guys, Coby isn’t the bad guy here you know?” Jamelet squeaks out suddenly as A.J.’s eyes lit up as he pushes her to the wall, slamming his hands on either side of her, locking hr in place.

“Right whatever. Why are you lying? You are protecting?” A.J. hisses, his face inches away from her.

“Whoa, hey Alex, that’s enough already.” Kevin calmly speaks, tearing the man away from the frightened woman.

Nick breathes out calmly, approaching Jamelet. “Look, we’re sorry if J freaked you out, but we need what is going on here. Please, if you can tell us anything that you know, it can help us out. Please.” He whispers out, gently stroking the shivering woman’s brown locks.

Jamelet fervently shakes her head, moving away from Nick’s touch.

“So this is it? We’re placed in here for the hell of it and wait till somebody feeling pity comes for us?” A.J. yells out, receiving glares from Brian and Kevin.

“Yeah, unless you have a better idea?” Kevin sneers, his emerald eyes glitter in heated debate.

A grin spans A.J.’s cheeks as he rubs his hands together in glee, “Well, if Howie was wanted for his powers and we’re all here with our powers, why don’t we experiment and see if we can get out of this room?”

“J, you know this place is probably built to prevent that from happening.” Brian whispers.

“Hey what’s with the pessimist attitude?! Go on A.J. let’s see if we can try this man.” Nick whispers, frowning at the young doctor’s response to him.

Kevin growls, rolling his eyes: “Fine if you think this will work. But I say you’re wasting your time.”

Nick and A.J. smirk and whisper quietly to one another before stretching and waving their hands ready for their ‘gifts’ to appear.

Brian sighs and walks quietly over to Jamelet who seemed lost in her thoughts, “Hey. I’m sorry if you were feeling pressured with the other guys about knowing info. We’re not really thrilled having to do this one more time. But I know you wouldn’t lie to us, you’re just looking out for all of us. Plus you are the one with the medical degree.” He smirks innocently, his ocean eyes glittering gently.

Jamelet sighs and attempts a feeble smile at his expense before swallowing the heavy burden and guilt that consumed her. “Right. Thanks for understanding.”

“Hey and if anything. I believed ya.” Brian whispers, patting her hand gently in his, before taking a seat on the floor besides Jamelet. “I’m just curious.” Brian continues as he watches A.J. and Nick failing to persuade Kevin to join them on their little expedition. “But ahh, what’s with the dress?”

Jamelet gasps and looks down at her outfit frowning. “What, you don’t like?”

Brian laughs and shakes his head, “No, its not that. Its just I’m surprised to see you in something so well uhhh…ummmmm… You know revealing.”

Jamelet snorts, watching Kevin shake his head in disapproval at Nick and A.J.’s antics. “Revealing. Am I hearing a complaint?”

“Oh no no. By all means no. I’m just curious as to why wear such a dress.”

“For all your arrivals. I want you all to feel comfortable here. There isn’t anything for you to worry about. Which is why I’m wearing this. Besides Nick doesn’t seem to have a problem with the dress.” Jamelet sneers, watching A.J. staring at the locked bolted door that held them inside.

Brian chuckles but remains silent, feeling off by the young doctor’s estrange attitude. Kevin looking on: narrows his eyes and scans the ceiling, understanding that something deeper had to be going on with the women kidnapped here. He gasps and spots various miniature cameras aligning the corners and embedded in the crest of the ceiling designs. The cameras were so small that any one can easily look over it without a second thought. But for Kevin, it seemed that along with his “gift”, his eye sight had improved greatly from it. He was able to see things that the others would look over constantly and knowing CAPPA, these could easily be one of things. “Guys.” He whispers to the group quietly.

“Huh?” A.J. asks as Nick spreads his palms apart, ready to unleash his powers.

“We’re being watched.” Kevin hisses, indicting to the cameras in the ceiling.

“Uh ok. So what do you want us to do about that?” Nick asks, receiving a harsh roll of the eyes from Brian.

“Nothing. Just sit down and shut up.” Kevin whispers, an idea already crawling through his head. The others obliged and all wait to see what Kevin had in store.

Sighing, Kevin closes his hands and with his fingertips points to the few cameras on the right side, sending a ray of invisible heat and water drops in laser like form to crash into the camera’s system. Smiling, he watches the cameras fume up and smoke, knowing the system was damaged.

Brian chuckles and eyes Kevin, “Hey what did you exactly? That didn’t look like your usual red or green lasers there.”

“Yeah!” The others quip up in response, eagerly excited to see what would happen.

“Uh yeah. Seems like I don’t just carry electrical or burning powers but I might have a little of water too.” Kevin whispers, eying Jamelet.

Gulping the woman stands up and nods her head, “Well Kevin you’re right on that. Your powers are different from the basic earth gifts the others possess. See you tend to carry more of the embodiment of what we as humans possess as natural electricity. It’s not like Howie’s gift though. You can dab into other others of the guys powers which is rare. But since you’ve been the person longest to carry the gift and are constantly surrounded by the others, your powers can reflect some of the guys. Well all except Brian since his is more of death.” Jamelet whispers out slowly, feeling the boring of others eyes on her.

“Hold up! Our boy here is a little of everything? Can he control minds?” A.J. whispers.

Jamelet smirks, “No. That’s your talent, not Kevin’s.”

“Oh ok then.” Nick whispers, watching as Kevin takes out the rest of the cameras in the room, leaving them unwatched from the company’s view.

“Well now that we’re not being watched at the moment, I say we get the hell out of this room and find Howie.” Kevin whispers, his eyes dimming a shade darker.

“Couldn’t agree more with ya.” A.J. whispers, tapering with the bolted door.

Brian smiles and whispers to Jamelet, “You said Howie is fine right?”

Jamelet forces a grin and nods, “But of course. Coby has no intentions to hurt any of us here. This is just a huge misunderstanding. Don’t you worry about it. I’m not and I’ve seen this entire building. I mean if he had a violent purpose, why would he show me all the exits and rooms?”

“To screw with you.” A.J. whispers, not believing a word Jamelet said. “And you still didn’t tell me what happened with Summer?”

“We’re not on speaking terms at the moment.” Jamelet whispers, catching A.J.’s curiosity.

“Well gee what could have happened?” A.J. nastily replies.

Brian holds out his hand to keep his friend at bay, “What’s your problem with Jamelet?”

“Ana! That’s who! Ana was needed this whole time and the rest of us have to pay the consequences for it.”

Kevin sighs and slumps on the floor, letting A.J rant some more before Nick cuts in to ask him if they should attempt with the door to free them.

“Aight, whatever. But I’m watching you Jamelet.” A.J. whispers darkly, his eyes locked on the woman, sending deep shivers down her spine.

Nick grabs A.J. by the shoulder, taking his friend’s mind off the issue at hand to the locked door that still kept them from their freedom.

Brian sighs, “God I hate this place so much.” And with that, he along with Kevin and Jamelet watch what the two other men had planned.
~*~

The soldier growls and bangs on the small camera screen, the black and white static taunting him at his failure. “Damnit! Coby will have my head if I can’t work this stupid thing right! Man, what the hell happened here?” The soldier growls, scratching the neck line of his black sweater.

A young female soldier enters the quarters, her black curls toppling pass her shoulders as she reaches the rambling soldier. “Isaac, what’s with the yelling? Terrence heard ya yells from down the hall.” The dark haired woman whispers, taking a seat beside the frantic man.

“This! This is the problem! Look!” Isaac whispers out, indicting with his palms the static of all the cameras around the facilities.

“Sheez, you think with all the money the company makes, it would have better security.” The woman whispers.

“Thank a bunch Farah, you helped out a lot. Really you did. Now can you leave?” Isaac grumbles, annoyed at the presence of the woman.

Farah simply laughs and leans back in her cushioned seat, shaking her head. “Alright. I’ll leave as soon as I finish what I came here for.”

“Fine, whatever. Do what you gotta do and leave.” Isaac grumbles, messing with the buttons to see if any of the static can be fixed.

“Ok.” Farah whispers, her hazel eyes lit up in hate as she pulls out her magnum and pulls the trigger, sending the bullet to hit its awaiting target. Farah smiles and packs her magnum away into her hostler quietly as the popping sound ends. She watches Isaac sit quietly, staring at her in awe: not moving an inch as a trail of blood leaked out of the bullet hole in the center of his forehead. She smiles, pulling out a rag to clean the smeared blood and particles of brain that stained the small static televisions sets. “There, there. All fixed now.” And she leaves the room, pushing a bottom on the side of the threshold and steps out, leaving the corpse to wallow in his own misery.
~*~

“What kind of choice is that? Do you expect me to choose something so vile as that?” Coby hisses, standing up from the ground. “Listen to me, my love, I just think this…”

But Ana interjects and hisses out, “I swear to God, I’ll kill your brother and serve his organs to you as dinner! I’m not your slave nor your love! I’m a freaking human being! Do you hear me?! Can you understand what that means!? I don’t love you, I won’t ever love you!”

“Shut up! I don’t want to hear that! You once loved me! Why can’t I let you win my heart? Ana you know what kind of man I am! Why are you doing this to yourself? Why are you so in denial?” Coby whispers gently to her, taking one step at a time towards the raving woman. “Is that what you want? Freedom? Ana I can provide greater freedom that those lousy friends you have ever can.”

“Don’t call them that! They are good people, you know nothing about. Let me go now or your brother will die for your mistakes. And what a pity that will be to see your own blood go to waste.” She sneers as the icicle cuts into the soft flesh of Terrence’s throat.

“Fine. You win.” Coby sighs, seeing Terrence mouth out a “thank you.”

“Good. Glad you see it my way. Now if you don’t mind. I’m walking out of this room and if you think you’re brother is safe from me, think again. Coby, I know you more than you think. But know this, I can never care for a betrayer. That should give you something to think about. Now show me where Howie is or I’ll take out your entire corporation: soldiers and all. I have no pity for anyone except those that belong to me.” Ana whispers, stepping back towards the open threshold with Terrence dragging along with her. The icicle only mere centimeters from slitting his throat.

“Let me belong to you. Ana please. Make me understand why all this hatred is towards me. I know I screwed up, but you have to remember the past. All the times I stood up for you. Ana when you were a little girl and they would take you and torture you for hours in the medical rooms, you would always come to me afterwards and I was there to comfort you. Ana, we have history. You are my little girl.” Coby whispers.

“History is the past. That’s long forgotten. This little girl is all grown up now. You can never belong to me: I already belong to someone else. You don’t know me anymore.” She murmurs, stepping outside the room and slamming the icicle into Terrence’s arm, wounding the man terribly. She watches the sharp icicle blade sink into the man’s flesh as he cries out vehemently, thrashing around in pure agony.

Coby races outside to see his brother crying out for help. He kneels over his brother, healing him as he watches Ana disappear down a hall, running away from him and his love.
~*~

He opens his eyes, wincing at the harsh lights that greeted him upon his waking. His face still felt sore from the beating Coby did to him earlier today. Licking his lips, he tastes his blood: the scent almost nauseating to him. But among the pain, his thoughts only adhere to Ana and how lost she must be feeling at the moment.

He closes his eyes and hears a voice. Struggling to lift his head from the leather straps that kept him bound, he raises his head and peers around to see who it was that entered the room. But no one was there. Instead the familiar voice sounded off in his head once again. “Alex?”

‘Yeah, hey buddy. Finally got through to you.’

Howie holds a sob of glee and whispers out, “I almost forgot you can do that.”

‘Uh, the whole getting into minds thing huh? Yeah it’s alright. Just glad I can hear ya man.’

“Alex where are you? The guys?” Howie whispers out, grimacing at the straps cutting into his flesh as he moved around.

‘Don’t know: we’re all in a room with Jamelet. We saw what happened to you man. I promise that man Terrence will die for what he did to you.’

“You saw what happened to me?” Howie murmurs out.

‘Oh God yeah. We’re all ready to break someone’s neck at the moment for what we’ve seen happened to you.’

“Wait, you said you’re with Jamelet?” Howie voice breaks out.

‘Uh yeah.’

“Ohhh. And she’s alright?”

‘Personally I’m not really sure. She’s acting shady though. I’m not sure what’s she’s trying to pull off here. But forget her. I need to know where you are. Look around the room, see if you can describe it to me.’

Howie gulps and closes his eyes, “Uhhh, oww. Alex, I’m in pain.” His voice breaks out, as an electrical sharp pain zooms down his spine.

‘He hurt I see. Look, just relax. This might feel weird, but I need to get into your body. This is the only way I can help you out at the moment. If I can see what you’re seeing, it might make it easier to track you down k.’

“But Alex, this room isn’t really special. It looks like any other observation medical room.”

‘Maybe so, but I’ll find something to know what room you’re in, k. Just relax buddy, this is gonna feel weird. And if word gets out that I was in ya body, so help me God, I’ll personally drown all your all beanie babies elephants that you collect from around the world.’

At this statement Howie manages a smile and exhales, closing his eyes in the process. At once, he feels lighter, almost as if floating. It was a strange yet pleasant feeling that seems to have lifted him from the pain he was dealing with, emotionally and physically. He enjoyed the feeling, surrounding the velvet blackness around him that shrouded him from any form of light. Howie’s eyes snap open suddenly as he struggles against the straps on his body. A.J. gasps, looking down at the body he enters. “I’m in.” Smiling, he winces at the bruise on his chin and scans the room for any room number or something that will direct him back to this room. His eyes land on a slot in the middle of the door in the room. He notices the metal steel knob different from the other knobs located in the company. ‘A knob huh? Not so technical on this. The only room without the fancy keycard.” Smirking, he continues to study the interior of the door and stops at the small shrouded blue rag that lied near the crack of the door. “Bingo.” A.J. smirks at hearing his friend’s voice instead of his own come out of his mouth. “Alright D. I got want I needed. I’ll see ya in a few then.” And with that, he lies back down and leaves his friend’s body, returning to his own.
~*~

Galen opens the front door and glances back at the three awaiting women. “Why can’t we come?” Kim insist for the tenth time.

“I already told ya why. Natalie will watch you two. I can get in. Remember I work there, I have access, plus a security card. You’ll never make it inside if you go. So stay here. I’ll call you when I reach the premises.” Galen whispers, kissing Natalie’s forehead. “It’ll be ok honey. You’ll see. I’ll get the others out safely.”

“You be careful ok?” Natalie whispers, holding the threshold of her front door and Galen steps out.

“I will.” He smiles and pinch her cheeks. Turning serious, he whispers into her ear, “If something happens to me along the way, please don’t tell the two girls. I don’t want them heading out to look for me.”

“Don’t talk that way. You’ll be fine.” Natalie whispers nervously, fidgeting with the door knob.

“I hope so.” Galen whispers and leans down to gently plant a soft kiss on Natalie’s awaiting lips. “Pray for me will ya?” He whispers to her, walking out of the apartment and taking the stairwell down.

Natalie gulps and nods her head, “I always will.” And she closes the door behind her to attain to the two sullen women.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**