- Text Size +
Chap 20 – Rescue Me



Jamelet sat far away from the men as they gathered around AJ’s lithe form. He lay sprawled upon the floor with his eyes wide open in a catatonic state. Usually, Jamelet would be helping the others through the transition, but not today. After his little stunt with her, she was quite weary of his intentions. Something about his demeanor scared her. She knew he had a right to be upset. After all, Howie had been tortured in front of his eyes because of Ana. It seemed as if all the trouble Howie had gotten into for the past years was because of Ana. Nonetheless, Jamelet refused to let Ana be the scapegoat. Howie willingly put himself at risk because of the woman. So, Jamelet’s heart was torn in halves when sympathizing with both AJ and Ana.



As if on cue, AJ suddenly sat straight up and gasped for air. His face was pale and sweaty as the boys helped him to his feet. He was wobbly as the boys then placed him on a plush chair. AJ held his face in his hands, shaking his head furiously. “Howie’s in a lot of trouble. He’s in a lot of pain, too. It hurt so bad! But I know where he is! I think I can find him… So, we have to get out of here now, before they do something else that might HELP him, huh, Jamelet?”



“AJ, I told you the truth,” Jamelet stated flatly.



“Sure, whatever your lying, deceitful heart says,” AJ hissed.



“Let’s just get working,” Kevin grunted, pulling on AJ’s arm hard. AJ simply glared toward Jamelet as he walked behind Kevin. They both immediately began to plan a course of action for the door.



“You’re hiding something,” Nick commented as he sat beside Jamelet. His dark blue eyes studied Jamelet carefully. He looked immensely worried about her. He had prayed for so long that she was safe. “Look, if you don’t want to tell me that’s fine, but I am worried. I know that there’s something completely different now. I don’t know if that creepy guy Terrence is causing it or what, but I just want you to be safe. Do you understand that much? I was worried about you, Jamelet. I prayed that you were safe.”



“Well, thank you,” Jamelet whispered with a shiver. It felt like he was studying her soul. She wanted to tell him all the secrets, but bugs were still implanted about the room. She couldn’t endanger Ana’s life by any means. Ana had done so much to assure Jamelet stayed alive, so she wanted to extend the same courtesy. Jamelet tapped her fingers against the wall in anguish.



“I know you’re hiding something,” Nick repeated.



“What do you want me to say?” Jamelet groaned.



“The truth.”



“The truth is that this company is finally under the right direction.”



Nick’s eyes grew dark as he bluntly hissed, “Bullshit.”



“No, it’s not!”



“The company is good?”



“Completely!”



“You’d swear on that?”



Without hesitation, Jamelet quickly wrapped her arms around Nick’s neck. She could only think of one way to provide information without incriminating herself. She pulled him close, resting her chin against his shoulder. She whispered softly, “Nicky, just hold me close and kiss my neck so we can talk, okay?”



“Say, huh?” Nick choked. The heat began to intensify in his body by the mere suggestion.



“Just do it!” Jamelet hissed, bringing his lips against her own. Nick felt his body temperature spike with the mere connection of her lips. He struggled to maintain a clear mind as Jamelet embraced him again and began to kiss his neck. Nick slowly decided to do the same to her neck. And, with each kiss came a little more information. “The guy that held you captive is Terrence and he has a twin brother. Coby, the other twin, is infatuated with Ana because they were stored in the same room of CAPPA during childhood. Somehow, Ana missed a lethal injection of chemicals and Coby was given the entire dose. He now has several powers mostly made up of what each of you possess. Now, he wants to inject me with some terrible pathogen and kill me. He’s angry with all the doctors that did tests on him and Ana. And, he wants Ana to follow him in killing doctors. So, he trapped her somewhere when she saved me from the needle. I have no idea where he hid her and he promises not to kill her if I make you all think nothing is wrong with this place.”



“Are you sure?” Nick asked, his lips lingering on her neck.



“Why else do you think I’d wear this god-awful dress?”



“Very true, your more of a miniskirt woman.”



“I’ll bite you,” Jamelet threatened, kissing his neck once more for the full effect. Although, she couldn’t deny that his touch was more than wanted.



“You’d never bite me,” Nick chuckled, finally bringing her lips to his own for a heated kiss. Before they could engage further, Brian cleared his throat loudly. Nick and Jamelet jumped up from the bench in unison. Brian and Kevin offered smirks as AJ simply scowled. Brian motioned to the fully melted door. Jamelet’s eyes opened wide in surprise as Nick threaded her arm through his own. “Guess we’re getting out without bail.”



*~*~*



“WHERE DID THAT GIRL GO?” Terrence roared as he and Coby burst into the small control room in the center of CAPPA. His gray eyes were dark with hatred as he collapsed into a nearby chair. There was no sign of his previous encounter with Ana, but he could still remember the vivid details. He glared darkly at Farah as she searched the computers. Terrence immediately began to insult Coby when he seated himself. “Coby, that woman is dead! I don’t care what you do with her! You can capture her and rape her, but then she will suffer by my hands! I will kill her! Do you understand me?”



“Terrence, she just—”



“Bullshit, Coby! I don’t care! That little wench is dead. Do you hear me?!”



Coby bowed his head, nodding slightly.



“Sir, we can’t find her,” Farah answered unsteadily.



“Excuse me?” Terrence growled.



“She’s nowhere on the screens…and the boys have escaped with Jamelet from the other room…” Farah explained.



“I can go find and exterminate her,” Farah suggested excitedly.



“NO!” Coby roared, sending two deadly bolts of electricity and ice through Farah’s stomach. Terrence looked surprised as Farah’s body was divided into two halves as it toppled to the floor. Terrence leaned down and wiped a few droplets of blood away from his leather boots. Coby gave Terrence a dark glare. “Ana is our business and no one else’s.”



“Fabulous,” Terrence hissed in disgust, turning toward his crew. He immediately started to delegate authority to the men. “You three, go secure Summer’s quarters so the men can’t find her. You five, take Jamelet away from the group and isolate her so we can inject her immediately. And, the rest of you, get Ana and take her to the special unit. Understood?”



*~*~*



“Damn, I’m a complete and utter idiot. What was I thinking challenging Coby with his brother’s life? This isn’t back in grade school when I had an actual advantage in that damn tank. This is out in the open with him having years of experience in each damn power! What do I have? Ice! Just freaking snowballs! Not enough to compete with his force fields, flames, ice, wind, earth, and God knows what else! It’s like me fighting the whole entire group without a chance to take a breather! Why do I have to be so irrational?!” Ana raved as she hurried through a nearby door. She had managed to escape from Coby while he tended to Terrence’s minor flesh wounds. She knew it would only take a few minutes for Coby to heal Terrence and race off to catch her. Then there would be Hell to pay. Ana took a deep breath as she slowly shut the door. “I’ve got to be clinically insane. To think I think that I can stand a chance against Coby. I mean, Coby for goodness sakes! On life’s list of smart things to do I think this comes below jumping off the Empire State Building with bricks strapped to my feet a bomb in my hands!”



Ana grunted, kicking the door before turning around “Why can’t I just be a normal kid with some technical mumbo-jumbo ice powers? Have I ever really hurt anyone…okay, nix that, I did hurt people, but they hurt me first. So they got what they deserved in the long run! I mean, for real, did I ever ask for—“ Ana hesitated when she noticed a man standing at the nearby desk. Her irises slowly began to change to a blazing white color, causing the man to back against the wall. “What the Hell are you doing listening to my concerns, jerk? And what the Hell are you looking at?”



“I-ah-ah-uh-um-well-you-ah-oh-dear,” the man stammered, reaching for the phone.

“Ah, no, no, no,” Ana cooed, motioning toward the phone. The man gasped when the phone developed a thick sheet of ice to encase his hand. His eyes grew wide as Ana stepped forward, holding out the palms of her hands. The beginnings of two large icicles appeared in the center of each palm. “Coby is going to find me, whether or not you make your little phone call. So, let’s just give me a chance. Shall we?”



“O-okay,” the man wheezed.



“I won’t tell if you don’t,” she whispered, immediately firing several large icicles from her hands. The man was blown back against the wall from the powerful icicles. He screamed as each deadly icicle implanted deep into his tissues, penetrating the wall behind him. Without any remorse, Ana continues firing her deadly arsenal till the man was pinned to the wall with his feet hanging several inches above the ground. Small rivers of blood slowly trickled down the white wall as Ana plowed an icicle into the man’s brain to keep him from screaming. Ana wiped her cold hands against her jeans as she admired her handiwork. “And that’s why we don’t make phone calls without Ana’s permission!”



“Ana!” a voice called hoarsely into the silence.



Ana whipped around yet again to see Howie strapped to a nearby table. Ana’s eyes grew wide in relief as she hurried to his side. Without hesitation, she bent down and brushed a kiss on his bloody lips. “I thought he killed you. I really did. Thank God that you’re okay…” Ana’s voice faltered when she realized her foolish mistake. Her eyes began to fill with icy tears as she assessed his fragile state. His entire body was pasted with dried blood and other liquids that Ana wished not to know. Several bleeding scars still remained open with remnants of salt between the flaps of skin. Yet, his face was perfectly healed. Ana bit down hard on her bottom lip and brushed her hand through his matted curls. She had so much to make up for with Howie and she started by ripping the straps tying him to the table. “I am so sorry that this happened to you again.”



“It’s not as bad as it looks,” Howie whispered, his voice obviously strained from screams.



“I’m calling bullshit,” Ana stated plainly, helping him to a sitting position. Howie heaved heavily with relief, leaning against Ana. She kissed his forehead, finally noticing the blackened letters plastered against his chest. She glanced curiously at the obviously frostbitten flesh. Her eyes widened in shock when she read the words: CRADLE ROBBER. She stood up straight, causing Howie to fall backward in surprise. She seemed enraged as she curled her hands into tight fists. “Did he do that to you?” she accused.



“Who?”



“Coby!”



“Ana, please—”



“He’s a dead man.”



“Ana, I’m just glad that you’re okay,” Howie whispered meekly.



“No, that’s not good enough. That man is going to be punished for screwing around with someone I love. Do you hear me? Both he and Terrence will die in my hands even if I fall to death beside them. So help me God!” Ana avenged heatedly as the door slammed open. Thinking that Coby had finally found her, Ana whipped around and let a single blade of ice shoot from her palm in retaliation. The icicle flew and implanted sharply into the doorframe, mere centimeters away from the intruder’s face.



Brian offered a shaky smile when he felt the coolness radiating off the icicle that had almost punctured his face. His face grew pale as he collapsed to the floor. Gently, he whispered, “Wasn’t someone in need of rescue?”

**~To Be Continued,,.~**