- Text Size +
“Termination Of Sanity”



**~More Than Meets the Eye~**



Galen had reached the quarters at a record time and begins his descend down a dark narrow hallway. He knew if CAPPA was to hold anyone in prison, that the area would be located beneath him. He stops and pulls out a flashlight, reaching the abandoned part of CAPPA. Piles of wood, metal and dust greeted him when he sneaked his way into this area of the building. He inches his way down the end of the desolate creaking hallway and stops, pulling out a small hammer from his backpack. Deciding that now was better than anything, he begins hammering away, hoping to break into the room below.



Summer lies on the cot alone and lonely, regretting the words she mentioned to Jamelet earlier on. By now, she fears that both Ana and Jamelet are lying dead somewhere and she could be the next one. She hears a creaking sound coming from above as she sits up to gaze at the ceiling. A small puff of powder like substance chipped from the center of the ceiling and she nervously sits up. Sliding off the cot, she walks towards the middle of the room, gazing up at the ceiling in interest.



She perks her ears up at the soft sound of what sounded like a small pounding coming from above. “What the…” She wonders off, watching the ceiling, releasing puffs of gradual white powder. The ceiling makes a moaning sound before a small crack was seen. Summer gasps and looks around the room. “Oh God, the room is caving in!” She looks up at the cameras in the room and begins waving and screaming at the camera’s direction. She needed to get help, she couldn’t stay in the room if it was going to crash down on hers.

~*~



Coby mutters and slams his fist into the buzzing, spotty white and black static T.V. screens in the control room. “What the hell is going on? Terry go check on the generators, find out what’s up with the surveillance in this place.”



Terrence smirks and steps over the dividing decaying body of Farah. “You want me to go out there where Ana is loose. Are you crazy?”



Coby growls and backs away from the screens, “Fine, then I’ll go. This wasn’t part of my plan, things breaking down. Watch the few cameras we have left and see if you spot Ana.”



“Alright, wait! Coby isn’t this the camera for the basement level?” Terrence whispers seeing a fading vision on the small black and white camera.



Coby growls, “Yeah and?”



“We had about two army groups guarding that area right?” Terrence whispers, focusing to get a better view but failing as the camera blinks, the picture jumping every few seconds.



“What’s your point?”



“That their all dead.”



“WHAT!?” Coby screeches out, racing the camera before it dies out, showing black.



“That sounds like Ana. She could be around there.” Terrence whispers, loading his pistol.



Smirking, Coby nods his head, “Good thinking brother. I’ll go meet our little Ana. And see if you can fix the generator, we have back up power stored up in case of this.”



Terrence nods and heads to the corner of the room where a metal latch is located. Opening the latch, he steps onto the built in ladder and waves his hands to Coby. ‘Good luck on finding Ana, you’ll it, she’s a feisty one. Remember I kill her, not you.” And with that, he slides down the ladder, disappearing from his brother’s view.



Coby smiles and leaves the room, ready to track down Ana.

~*~



Jamelet sighs and rushes over to Ana as the women embrace, the guys enter the room glad to see Howie. A.J. shakes his head and gently passes his hand over his friend’s wounded arm.



“Dear God Howie! What did he do to you?!” Kevin whispers, pulling out a gauze from one of the cabinets.



A.J. shakes his head and eyes the words sculpting on Howie’s chest, “Damn, what the hell? D, I’m sorry man. He’s just hating cause he can’t have her.” He eyes his friend painfully.



Howie frowns and sighs, “Yeah.”



Nick gulps and eyes the man on the ceiling, the icicles shining in the light. “Ahhh, I see this is one of your works huh Ana?”



Ana gently nods her head and exhales, glad to see them all here. “Yeah, you like? How did you get here?”



“Long story that we don’t have time for.” Brian whispers, closing the door behind him.



A.J. smiles down at Howie who was on the cot and gently with Kevin’s help sits Howie up on the cot.



Kevin begins to patch Howie up as Howie looks around wearily at the group.



“I’m sorry I had you guys worrying.” Howie whispers out.



Nick smiles, “That’s ok man. You had a reason for it. I understand.”



Howie nods and glances at Ana, smiling. “Thanks.”



“No thank you. You could have given Coby what he wanted but instead you chose to save my life by not giving up on me.”



“I would never give up on you.”



Nick rolls his eyes at Jamelet’s direction and speaks up, “Guys just kiss already.”



Kevin and A.J. stop bandaging Howie for a moment as all eyes set on Howie.



Howie blushes as Ana giggles softly. He reaches for her hand and pulls her close to him, his lips eager to savor hers. Kevin smiles and starts clapping as the others join in, whistling and rooting for the couple.



“Now all we need is Summer and A.J. can get his too.” Brian teases as A.J. smirks.



“Well now that we’re all together. We should head out.” Jamelet whispers, turning around to head to the door. Painfully, Howie is helped off the cot with A.J. and Kevin as they all exit the room and out the down the hallway.



“Where to now?” Ana whispers, gently running her fingers through Howie’s locks, easing his worries.



Jamelet shrugs and starts her way down the end of the lit hallway. Nick glances at A.J.’s direction, noticing that there was still tension between those two.



A.J. glares at Nick and snarls at Jamelet’s direction as they exit the room and make their way down the first hallway. “Personally Nick I think you have poor taste in women.”



Ana narrows her eyes and stay quiet, wanting to find out what’s going on as she remains by Howie’s side.



Jamelet gasps as Nick gulps, shaking his head. Kevin frowns and yanks on A.J.’s arm, pulling the man forward in front of the group.



“I don’t know what the hell is bothering you Alex, but I don’t have the time or patience for this, do you hear me?” Kevin hisses, clutching onto A.J.’s arm, the grip held A.J. firmly in place.



Brian sighs, shaking his head in disappointment as he offers a weak smile at Jamelet’s direction. “I’m so sorry for the way he’s behaving.”



“I’m not.” A.J. roughly responds back, yanking his arm away from Kevin’s grip.



“What’s your problem with her?” Ana couldn’t resist asking, glaring at A.J.



“Don’t worry about it ok?” Jamelet whispers, staring at the ground. Guilt plaguing her as she continues walking down the hallway.



Nick glares at A.J. and nods his head, brushing past A.J.



Ana in confusion glances at Howie who shrugs his shoulders.



“Whatever happened with them, I wasn’t there to find out.” Howie whispers gently into Ana’s ear.



A.J. simply smiles at Jamelet’s direction, glad that his remarks hurt the wrong way for either party: her or Nick.



Kevin glares at A.J. and leads the group to the end of the hallway where they would have to turn one corner before reaching a dead end.



“Nice, this is real nice.” A.J. growls out at the wall that blocked them.



“We got to get rid of the cameras guys.” Brian whispers, eyeing the ceiling.



Kevin gulps and sighs, “Alright. I’ll take care it, but you guys look out for anything ok?”



“Gotta ya.” Brian whispers, gazing at the ceiling.



A.J. walks near Jamelet and slams her on the wall, smiling, “What was the deal back there? You trying to make my boy Nicky fall for ya?” Brian watches the two and sighs as Kevin begins spewing out of his hands invisible rays of water and fire, destroying the vast camera in the hallways.



Ana growls and eyes Howie, “That’s it, he can’t treat her like that! Hey back off A.J.!”



A.J. eyes Ana angrily and continues to eye Jamelet.



Jamelet gulps out gazing at A.J.’s ridiculous actions, knowing the cameras must be filming this. “What are you talking about?” She nervously whispers out.



Nick pulls A.J. away and whispered into his ear what he learned from Jamelet about Coby and Terrence.



At once, A.J. felt his cheeks rush in warmth from embarrassment as he sighs, shaking his head. “Oh Damn girl. I’m so sorry. I didn’t know.”



“You never asked nicely.” Nick whispers into A.J.’s ears.



A.J. gulps, eyeing the ground. “I don’t even know where to start, I was making an a…”



“Don’t ok. It’s fine.” Jamelet interjects, sighing softly as relief floods over her. “I’m assuming we’re on the same side now right?” Seeing Kevin run around the hallway as the ceiling released smoke from the destroyed cameras.



A.J. nods his head, “Yeah and I didn’t mean about you being bad for my boy. You’re ok in my book.”



Jamelet smirks, exhaling in relief. “That’s what I thought so. And by the way, I’m too nice to be in your book.” She teases, the corners of her lips curl in mischief.



A.J. laughs and embraces the woman, glad that everything is settled once and for all.



Ana and Howie exchange confused glances at one another as they watch the strange reunion.



“Ok, look, I got some of the cameras off, but we’re being watched out from all sides.” Kevin whispers, catching up to A.J. and Nick. “We’ll see what’s at the end of this hallway k?” He points as Brian leads the way down the opposite passing by the room that they were being held at. At the end of that darkly lit hallway, there were two different hallways that expanding out on either side. “Uh guys, Right or left?”



A.J. glances at Jamelet and waits for her response.



Grinning, Jamelet whispers out, “A.J. you feeling lucky tonight?”



The others chuckle softly as A.J. nods, “I think you mean right honey huh?”



Nick pokes his friend’s side and nods as Brian leads them down the dark hallway. Suddenly a harsh blinding white light comes at them as a troop of soldiers approach them.



“Ahhhh, sh…” A.J. was cut off by a round of bullets that shatter the silent hallways.



“DUCK!” Brian whispers as he leaps at the leader of the troop and places his hands on the man’s face, instantly killing the soldier. The soldier drops on the white tiles dead as the others in the troop continue to let off another round from their arsenal. A.J. and the others stay close to the ground avoiding the fatal rounds of bullets. Nick smiles and crawls over to Brian, leaping onto another soldier. The masked soldier hisses out a string of curses before Nick places his burning hands on the man’s face, ripping the mask off.



“He’s gonna get himself killed!” Kevin shouts, hoping to distract the group of soldiers.



Ana gasps and places the wounded Howie away from the hall, “Sit here, they won’t get you from here. I’ll help out the guys”



“No wait! I can’t breath right.” Howie whispers out ragged, losing color from his face.



Ana kneels down and nervously passes her fingers through his hair. “Breath right? What? Oh God, ok. Look, I’ll stay here then and see what I can do.” She peeks her head around the corner to see the guys in battle with the soldiers.



Nick struggles with the soldier, slamming him onto the wall. He places his flaming palms onto the man’s burning face. The man howls out a petrified yell of agony as his skin melts and slides off his face, leaving behind the red muscles of tissues, dripping with fresh blood. Nick sighs and backs away, ducking as another soldier tries his luck at swinging at him. The first soldier he attacked slides down the wall, screaming as his flesh begins to burn up. Nick exhales slowly as he continues to back away, amazed at this new found of resurgence of power he felt. His bloody hands smear the white tiles as he crawls back to the group, avoiding the bullets coming at him.



Jamelet watches in horror at the power that the Boys are now showing. It was stronger than she had ever conceived. A.J. smirks at Jamelet’s expression and whispers out, “If you think Nick was bad, you should see what I can do.” And he leaps up from the ground avoiding a flying bullet that crashed on a wall besides him. Brian continues to take down the troop, instantly killing them off with a touch of his hand. One man begins to shake in convulsions the moment Brian touched him on his arm before he screams and topples over. Another soldier sees that and aims the gun at Brian, firing off a shot which missed its target completely hitting the ceiling above him.



A.J. steps up and rubs his hands, flinging the soldiers in the air, tossing their weapons aside. Not letting go of the more than ten soldiers in his invisible grasp, he lets them all drop and goes into one of the soldier’s mind. Controlling the soldier, he makes the man pick up a magnum and begins to shoot his fellow soldiers. When that was all done, the lone soldier controlled by A.J. turns to eye the four men and one woman.

Smiling, A.J. has the man lift his own pistol and shoot himself in the head, sending an array of matter to splatter on the wall behind him and his fellow soldiers.



A.J. sighs and eyes the others, “Well that was fun.” He mutters, rubbing his palms on the hems of his dark jeans.



Jamelet in awe: nervously stands up, shaking her head, “And here I thought you lost control of all your powers.”



Kevin sighs and shakes his head, “Yeah well surprise, surprise. Guess they want a round two, check that out!” All eyes veer to the left now to see a patch of soldiers armed and ready to battle.



“Ugh, not again.” Nick mutters, wiping his bloody hands with a tissue.



Ana gulps as Jamelet eyes her and goes over to her. “What’s wrong?”



“It’s Howie. He isn’t feeling well.”



Jamelet gaze at Howie and nods, “There’s a medical room somewhere around here. We’ll find one and help out Howie. But I can’t do anything about his wounds for now.”



Ana nods, “Look, stay here with Howie, I’ll go fight with the guys.”



“Ana stay with me!” Howie pleads out, fear crossing his face. Ana sighs and drops on her knees, fighting the urge to fight with the others.



This time Kevin sighs and stands in front of the others, ready to take on the next troop. “Hey Jamelet get a load of this.” And with that, extends his hands in front of him as a soldier begins to bleed immensely from his abdomen.



“What is he doing?” Jamelet whispers out to Brian, inching her way back to the guys.



“He’s killing them.” Brian responds, “This is gonna get ugly, I suggest you close your eyes on this one. Kevin is gonna show ya his stuff.”



Jamelet watches on, gulping as she sees the troop of soldiers scream and all bleed out from different limbs. Suddenly the soldier’s bodies begin to divide up from their torsos as Kevin’s red lasers divides and cuts thoroughly through the bones and flesh. Pieces of bloody upper halves of bodies and severed arms, legs and heads, slide onto the white wash tiles. Kevin sighs and drops his hands to his side in relief. The entire group of soldiers there gasps as their bodies begin to fall apart, crashing on the floor. Jamelet gasps in complete horror after the last lower torso of a body topples on the ground in a splat.



Brian looks at her and sighs, whispering into her ear, “I told you to keep your eyes closed.”

~*~



Coby snarls as he watches the fight a few feet away. Anger rushes into his body as he digs through his pockets. He was glad he made a stop at the medical room to pick up an spare vaccination. He can see his victim shielded behind four men. If only he could he get close to her and then an idea hit him. He knew how to get Jamelet near him and he chuckles, gazing at the needle with its sweet pathogen in it. And he couldn’t wait to see how Jamelet would respond to it.

~**~





**~To Be Continued…~**