- Text Size +
“Termination of Sanity”



**~Dead Man Walking~**



“Ok, oh God. Jamelet we got him breathing normal but he still has a weak pulse.” A.J. whispers gently passing a wet rag over Howie’s sweaty forehead.



Brian gulps, pulling on the thick cotton blanket over Howie’s torso to maintain the warmth. “Howie, buddy. How you feeling now?”



Howie, lying on the cold metal table, gazes up at his friends face with a drawl on his face, “What do you think?” He hisses out, gulping down the ache in his body which reminded him of the pain he’s enduring.



Kevin eyes Jamelet curiously as Nick gently comforts the shaking woman.



“Hey listen, we’ll find Ana. Coby wouldn’t kill Ana, she’s too important. I mean she’s the reason they did all this. If they get rid of Ana now, then there is no purpose for them.” Nick whispers, holding onto Jamelet’s quivering body.



A.J. sighs, “Whatever power he had, he seems to have mine as well. He was able to control Ana and lift her up. Which is something my gifts can do.”



“So you think Coby has all our powers?” Howie quietly whispers out.



Jamelet nods.



“Well that’s comforting to know then.” A.J. responds, taking a seat on a chair next to Howie’s table.



“That was freaky though. You could see her heart!” Brian whispers oddly, watching the others.



“Egh. Talk about power.” Nick mutters, watching Kevin change to the subject at hand.



“Do you know what you were injected with?” Kevin whispers, kneeling besides her, tugging on the now bloody rag wrapped around her neck.



Jamelet remains quiet, her eyes glazed over: staring at the dirty grey wall in front of her.



Nick sighs, “She’ll be ok. Just shaken up right?” He glances at Jamelet before continuing, “We can find Ana, don’t you worry about it.”



Brian watches intensely, heading over to an open lap top. “I have an idea. A.J. come here for a minute.”



A.J. nods, glancing at Howie resting, before joining Brian at the lap top. “What?”



“I know this sounds crazy, but we can break into the security codes and what not if you can get into Coby’s head and find the password.”



A.J. gasps: rapidly shaking his head, “WHAT?! Are you thinking right?!



“He’s right. J, we gotta get into their files and see what Jamelet is injected with along with a map of where all the medical rooms are so we can track down Ana.” Kevin states: pulling the bloody ragged piece of shirt off of Jamelet’s throat.



“No, I’m against that idea. Do you know each time I do that, I grow weaker! You want me to die doing this stupid sh…”



“Whoa, what’s wrong?” Brian utters gently towards Jamelet.



Jamelet gulps, feeling a sharp cold blow zooming down her body. She breathes out, cold mists slowly forming at her lips. Nick watches in confusion, “It’s not cold in this room right?” He whispers softly, placing his hand in front of the cold mist.



“No why?” A.J. asks, watching Howie struggle quietly with his internal emotions.



“Cause she’s breathing out cold air, that’s why.” Nick replies, feeling the others boring eyes on him.



Brian rushes over to Jamelet, staring at her curiously. He takes a hold of her hand as a small spark of fire blazed his finger tips. He pulls his hand away, staring at the tiny burnt marks on his fingers.



“What happened?” Nick mutters, inching close to Jamelet.



“She burned me.” Brian whispers in awe, causing the others to inhale sharply,



“Something’s up with her.” Kevin mentions, seeing her hiccup a small glow into her mouth.



“Yo, you don’t think that shot that Coby gave her is making her body do this?” Nick whispers, getting a dirty look from A.J.



“No, she just naturally glows like that Nick.” A.J. grumbles out sarcastically, the pressure of the corporation getting to him.



Nick ignores his friend’s rudeness as he watches the woman stare at the wall.



Suddenly an idea strikes Brian as the image of the vaccination back at the precinct came to mind. “Gu, guys.” He calls out, gulping nervously, knowing full well why Jamelet never responded to Kevin’s earlier question.



“Hmmm…” Kevin looks up, “What?”



“Remember back at the precinct, the needle full of that red liquid?” Brian whispers, receiving nods from the others.



“Uh yeah B, why? That was the deadly vaccination that…” A.J. stops as the concept seeped into his mind. “Oh no!” He inches closer to the woman: gazing at her quietly.



“It means she’s the one injected.” Brian utters slowly as the tension in the room thickens.

~*~



Beaming, Summer loads up on arsenal as she and Galen inch slowly down the creaky attic hallway. The wooden planks groan in agony as the weight shifted on it. Galen places his finger over his lips, adjusting his gun on the holster. A beam of light shone down the dimly lit hallway, pausing both figures.



“What is that?” Summer cringes, getting behind Galen.



“I got this.” Galen whispers, leisurely pulling his magnum out. “Lock and load Summer…now!”



Summer nods, hurriedly pulling out her pistol with shaking hands. “Uh ok, but you know I never used a gun before right?”



Galen grins, winking at her direction: “Just aim and pull the trigger. Nothing to it.”



Summer nods, gulping: the cold metal slide through her fingers.



“WHO’S OVER THERE!” A voice bellows down the hallway, the heavy footsteps pound on the planks.



Galen inches slowly to the wall, pressing his back to it as he makes his way towards the masked soldier. Summer follows closely behind.



The soldier stands still gazing around in the dimming dark hallway as Galen approaches him. “It’s me.” He whispers, pulling out his CAPPA ID along with a dog tag.



The masked soldier gazes at Galen, snatching the ID for a closer view. “Galen Evers huh? I heard about you. You used to work here for Dr. Sanchez before he was annihilated.”



“Uh yeah, well if you don’t mind, I have business to attend to.” Galen drawls out, eying the fair headed woman behind him.



“What are you doing here?” The soldier questions, noticing Summer. “You can’t take her with you, to wherever you’re heading. She’s under strict orders to not be moved from the isolated room.”



Galen smiles, “I understand that. In fact I’m taking her to the headquarters’ right now. Coby and Terrence have a plan for her and I was advised to bring her to them.”



The soldier narrows his dark eyes, smirking: “On the contrary sir. Coby never requested that order. He’s out of his office at the moment. So I suggest you bring miss Summer back to the room where she will be brought towards Terrence.”



“Ha! Really, you don’t say. Well you’ll have to catch me before that happens!” Summer yells out, pressing the trigger on her pistol.



Galen turns in time to see the bullet pierce the air and rapidly slam into Galen’s upper arm by accident. “AHHHHH!!” he yells out, dropping his own pistol on to the floor.



The solider laughs, grabbing Summer by her shoulders. “Poor thing can’t aim the gun right.”



Galen growls in pain, clasping his hand over his fresh wound. The crimson liquid trickles down on the ground as the soldier begins to drag Summer back down the opposite hall.



Galen gulps down the stinging numbing pain that throbbed down his arm as he snatches Summer away from the soldier.



“That’s my responsibility. Do you hear me? I’m responsible for taking her to Terrence.”



The soldier sneers, releasing his grip on Summer: “Fine you want that blonde wench, take her!” He pushed the small woman onto a wall roughly.



Summer cries out and struggles to fight against the soldier’s strong grip as she was pinned against the wall. Galen lifts his pistol up to the soldier slowly, his arm throbs with each movement.



“Let her go sir before you put your life on the line. There are better things to live for. You don’t have to die like this.” Galen threatens the soldier.



The soldier laughs, restraining Summer on the wall, “Are you kidding me?! You kill me, people will still come after you!”



A round of shots fill the air as the soldier releases his rough grip on Summer. Galen watches in awe as Summer holds her pistol with quivering hands. The soldier stands there unmoved as his crimson blood begins leaking out of his sleeves, from his chest and neck. Summer in shock, stares at the man as he crashes dead on the ground.



Galen drops his mouth open, shaking his head in surprise, “You killed him?!”

~*~



Coby watches Ana slumped over in the tank, quietly slumbering away. He caresses his fingers through her hair, gently whispering sweet words into her ears. “My Ana. Tonight plans have started already. Can you believe your little friend the doctor will help me out in avenging my father’s death. Who would have thought my own enemy would be the one I would rely on. And you, whatever will I do with you? Your heart is against me. I’ve tried everything and you despise with each attempt. But maybe, just maybe I can take the one thing that man will never have. Your innocence.”



Terrence clears his throat, rolling his eyes at the words that breathed out from his brother.



Glaring at him, Coby’s eyes soften at the touch of Ana’s gentle honeysuckle locks. He smiles, running his fingers through her hair ever so gently as she lies quietly in her slumber.



“I’ll leave you two alone.” Terrence murmurs, a smirk scrolled on his face as he exits the door behind him.



Coby strokes her hair gently as he lifts her shirt above her head, gazing intensely at her nude upper torso. She seemed beautiful in every way, it seemed there was no fault could he find on her. It was like an angelic statue constructed to perfection with no ragged edges. Her curves contour through his stroke as he leans down, kissing her tight abdomen. Tracing his fingertips up to the center of her bosoms, he leans down next to her and sighs, shaking his head. “I can’t do this. Not to you. And least when you’re not responding. I need to hear your voice when I touch you.” His hands trail over her lean arms as she shivers unintentionally at his touch. “This is wrong.” He whispers out, sitting up and exiting the tank. He heads out the door only to hear Ana’s voice whisper out something incoherent.



“What was that?” He steps back towards the glass tank.



“Why did you stop?” The words bubbled out of her lips.



Coby swallows, entering the tank, cradling the woman in his arms, “Stop?”



“Yes, don’t stop.”



Coby grins softly, “I have too.”



“Howie don’t leave me here.” She whispers out, her slumbering body lied unmoved.



Growling, Coby drops Ana on the ground. “Damn Howie. I’ll make sure their little doctor kills him shortly. Then Howie won’t be in the way, it will just be you and I. The way it was supposed to be.” And he clothes her upper torso again, before leaving the tank to avenge for his lost love.

~**~



**~To Be Continued…~**