- Text Size +
Chapter 24 - Fearless



“What the Hell do you think you’re doing?” Terrence roared when Coby exited the tank without any sexual encounter with Ana achieved. Coby muttered something incoherently, brushing his shoulder roughly against Terrence’s shoulder as he tried to pass. Terrence’s gray eyes glared coldly toward his twin, obviously displeased with Ana’s unharmed body lying in the middle of the large metal tank.. He had assumed that Coby would release his sexual frustrations with the paralyzed Ana and then Terrence would be free to dispose of her body in any way he deemed fit. “Coby! Don’t you dare leave me without speaking.”



“Terrence, for once don’t try to psychoanalyze me. I may be the younger twin, but I am not the weakest.”



“I will let that snide remark slide for the time being.”



“I don’t really give a rat’s ass, Terrence!”



“Why are you so hostile? Did she not scream with pleasure?”



“Terrence, I have business to take care of!”



“What business?”



“I had her just where I wanted her. I had her beautiful body in my arms… And she whispers for that bastard Howie. She must be delusional, but I don’t care. I’m going to kill the bastard, sever his head from his body, and bring the head back on a platter for Ana to view,” Coby growled, allowing his hands to shoot a brightly colored ball of flame against the wall, blowing a hole deep into the material.



“You have to go back in there and relieve yourself of whatever you want! Ana’s body will only remained paralyzed for a few more hours! We don’t have time for you to chase the Lover in hopes to kill him!”



“I’m not hoping to kill him, Terrence. I WILL kill him!”



“He doesn’t matter, we have Jamelet injected, and now we need to finish Ana--”



“BULLSHIT!” Coby roared, sending a powerful bought of winds against his twin,

causing Terrence’s body to slam against the nearby wall. Coby’s eyes were black with hate. “I am going to take care of Howie first. Do you hear me? I’m going to kill him. He is of utmost importance before we can finish anything with Ana. I need to know that I have her heart.”



“Coby-”



“Don’t you dare touch her! Do you hear me? I will kill you myself, so help me God, Terrence, if I find that you touched her. There will be severe consequences to pay,” Coby growled, pulling open the door leading to the many corridors. He stalked out, slamming the door behind him.



“I don’t fear you like Father did,” Terrence replied curtly when the echo diminished. He reached into his pocket, pulling out a switchblade. He was not waiting for Coby’s foolishness. He wanted things to be done quickly so he would have the chance to reap full benefits of Ana’s paralyzed state. He would give himself the pleasure of releasing both his sexual frustrations and his twin’s sexual frustration. Then he would torture Ana until she pleaded for death. And then, maybe, he would allow her wish to be granted.



*~*~*



“Where’s Ana?” Howie replied for what seemed like the millionth time. Yet, no one wanted to answer his question, knowing that it would devastate him Instead, the boys huddled around Jamelet in hopes to distract Howie from the obvious problem. Even though they were utterly worried about Ana’s condition, they couldn’t help but be amazed at the recent developments in Jamelet’s nature. They were all amazed to see bits and pieces of their powers explode from Jamelet’s nimble hands.



“Howie! Look!” Nick called, trying to distract him. Nick smiled with pride as he nudged Jamelet’s shoulder softly. Jamelet smirked as she shot small balls of electricity into the air. They popped and crackled in the air, sparking like fireworks.



“That’s great, Jam, but why isn’t Ana in here?” Howie objected, not wanting to be swayed.



“Howie, wait, Jam can do water-”



“Nick, I’m fascinated that Jam is developing powers, but I need to know where Ana is,” Howie stressed, bracing his stomach with his hands as he carefully propped himself up. Ana was nowhere to be found. He found himself utterly worried at what that could possibly mean. He had fought with his entire being to stay with Ana, but she was gone yet again. He needed answers immediately and wouldn’t be swayed. The group noticed his determination and sighed heavily. Howie’s stomach knotted as the group faced him with tense facial features.



“The truth?” Jamelet asked, the fire dying from her fingertips.



“Of course I want the truth,” Howie replied carefully, feeling the pain double in his chest.



“When we were fighting the guards, Coby managed to slip in unannounced. AJ and Kevin were taking care of you when something came over Ana. Coby had managed to pull Ana along the ceiling while controlling the beat of her heart. He made me relinquish myself to the needle in hopes to get Ana back, but he vanished with her. We were going to follow, but you collapsed soon after. The guys insist that he’s not doing anything bad, but I need to go out and find her. But I can’t find her until I figure out how to work these powers,” Jamelet explained quietly.



“He took her again?” Howie asked, feeling his chest tighten with despair. The pain seemed to accumulate dramatically with the realization of Ana’s fate. He couldn’t believe that Ana had yet again slipped from his fingers. He began to hate himself, knowing that if he would have been well, then he could have protected her.



“We’re going to get her back,” Kevin assured.



“What if he’s hurting her right now?” Howie groaned angrily, feeling terrible electricity burning at his flesh. He assumed that it was a mild symptom from the extensive torture he had endured. He closed his eyes, preparing for the pain to attack. Yet, his body was washed over with a sense of calm. The tingling sensation kneaded his bruised, bleeding, and battered body. He peeked his eyes open to see the group staring at him in absolute shock.



“Howie… You’re glowing!” Brian grunted in surprise.



Howie looked down to see his arms radiating in a deep golden yellow color. The rays of light seemed to energize his body as he watched the wounds slowly diminish into his flesh. The menacing words that had marked his frostbitten chest flaked off as his skin began to glow a brighter yellow. His body warmed dramatically as the light rays blinded the rest of the group. He smiled in relief as the all the pain was drained away from his tender body and his energy level tripled.



“You healed yourself…” Kevin murmured.



"Are you sure that's what happened?" Nick asked in surprise.



"I feel perfectly fine," Howie insisted, revealing his rejuvenated skin. Not a blemish nor scar remained. No words of hate scrawled across his chest. He was in the perfect condition, if not better.



"Wait, where are you going?" Brian accused, watching Howie saunter toward the door. "You were a practically dead man! You stopped breathing! You were dead! And now you're just going to go galavanting about with a man that probably wants to spill your blood on every floor? Are you nuts? How do you know if you can physically handle that?!"



“Because I love Ana and I'm I’m going to save her,” Howie replied, shrugging his shoulders as if it were nothing.



“Then I’m going with you,” Jamelet blurted.



“Wait! You can’t go anywhere yet!” AJ grunted, slamming a heavy file on the table. He had sent his mind propelling through several files amongst the downstairs rooms. He had located the specific file on the special agent Jamelet had been injected with. When he had connected with the file, he focused on the image until it appeared in his hands. AJ’s face was taunt with gravity as he shuffled through the papers. “Jam, this isn’t good. That blood they injected you with… It’s dangerous stuff. What happened to you was a bizarre side effect, but the worst part is, you’ll die in seventy-two hours if we don’t find the antidote.”
~**~

**~To Be Continued...~**