- Text Size +
Once And For All


Terrence felt no compassion toward the broken woman in his arms. Instead, he could only think of the good times ahead for his own aching body. He would do what his brother could not. He would take the prized gift of marriage from the weakened woman, and then take the precious gift of mortality. He would listen to her screams of agony drown into the knowing whimpers for freedom, but he would not deliver. For so long he had listened to his brother complain about the bewitchment she caused, but there was no excuse for weakness even at the hands of a powerful siren. She may have been different from the others, but she was still a woman with an evil heart. Terrence had to execute the woman and splatter her blood to spare his brother from Hell.



With added strength, he threw her body onto the metal ground covered with shards of glass and slammed the glass door behind him. The containment room rattled as the remaining shards of glass fell from the wall, smashing upon the metal ground like a sharp rainfall. Terrence seemed preoccupied with his victory however, just smiling at the damage he created. He thoroughly enjoyed watching Ana tumbled like a barrel through the broken glass, her pale flesh ripping beneath the sharp slivers.



However, the adrenaline of victory died quick when she offered no thrill to the abuse. She spoke not a word of pain as she huddled into a ball on the floor. She held onto the flowing wound just beneath her ribcage as she maintained a steady breathing pattern, trying not to focus upon the pain as she formulated a plan. She decided to let Terrence destroy his own plans with his egotistical arrogance. She allowed Terrence to take the upper hand and think he held power. Yet, she was biding her time, calculating her moves.



She had planned to take up arms against him in a purely physical fight, knowing that her powers were hidden within a complex system of drugs. She had practiced with and without her powers long enough to know that her body was much stronger than anyone could have anticipated. She was a force not to be reckoned with when it came to defense. She took up martial arts while locked away in the cells beneath CAPPA, so she could easily disarm Terrence and slip away to her friends.



“Are you scared, Ana?” Terrence started, crouching down to her broken state. He quickly flicked out his switchblade, gently running it through her bloody flaxen locks. He was finding no joy in her stoic features, so he decided to instigate.



“I’ve been through worse,” Ana replied easily, swallowing a mouthful of blood.



“Well, let me assure you that this is nothing,” Terrence quickly confided, leaning down to trace his tongue along the length of her graceful neck. She cringed instantly, reaching to slam her fist against his jaw, but he quickly caught the switchblade just beneath her chin. Ana took a sharp breath of surprise, feeling the cold steel bite into the tender flesh of her throat. “Ah-ah-ah, little Ice Princess. This is my time to play, not yours.”



“Oh, please forgive me,” she whispered hatefully.



“In time I might be able to…” Terrence approved, allowing his free hand to roam her body for just a moment. He smiled ruefully as she reflexively flinched at his powerful hand. “You will enjoy this, Ice Princess. I am an influential man with an overpowering lust for you. And, I’m also quite generous.”



Ana snorted with amusement at his last statement, gasping slightly when he increased the pressure of the blade. She swallowed her vile words, knowing he was close to snapping. Terrence glared darkly upon the young woman, continuing with his speech, “I will give you the chance to enjoy what I have to offer before I leave you in the hands of death. Remember, this will be your final act upon earth. You mine as well enjoy it, because Howie will forget you in the end. He will find an older woman that can pleasure him beyond any trivial girl-like infatuation you give him. To think your death will go in vain for the price of a one way love, Ice Princess.”



“Don’t you even think of letting Howie’s beautiful name fall from your serpent tongue,” Ana suddenly flared, feeling the familiar tingle of coldness slowly work throughout her system. She realized that the hour had quickly passed with Terrence’s torture, giving her a chance at escape. She eagerly flexed her prickling fingers, working the bitter cold ice into her veins. She just needed one good burst of ice from her palms to bite into his flesh, and then she could escape to her loved ones.



“Serpent tongue?” Terrence laughed, leaning down to her body. He started beneath her bare collarbone, eagerly flicking his snake-like tongue at her skin as he traveled up the length of her body. “I like the sound of that.”



“And do you know what my favorite sound is?” Ana breathed softly against his ear. She let him feed upon his lust as she settled her hand against she joint of his shoulder. She felt a stronger flicker of coldness settle over her body, proving that she indeed was the Ice Princess. Her skin paled dramatically at the sudden drop in body temperature with her blue-green eyes started to spark with the familiar glow of white snow.



“What’s that?” he moaned against her skin, savoring the bittersweet cold, never noticing her hand glow a brilliant blue against his shoulder.



“The sound of ice tearing through flesh.”



*~*~*



“Howie! Wait a second!” Nick barked as the group filtered into the hallway. The youngest man suddenly became in charge for that moment, wanting to draw Howie close to the group. They couldn’t afford to loose another while suffering in a state of panic. They still were unable to make straight plans of where to go. Usually, they would do their best to escape this Hell, but Ana was missing and Jamelet was dying. They needed an antidote and someone needed to find Ana before it was too late.
“I need to find Ana!” Howie called back, fidgeting. Every small moment that ticked by brought Ana closer to her deathbed. Terrence and Coby were ready to dominate and control every single morsel of her body, but she would never commit. So, they would end with the final decision of murdering her. Howie couldn’t possibly let that happen. Not now. Not ever.



“Just, please, hold on! We’ve got to get some plans going…” Nick called, ducking back into the hallway to see Brian and Kevin easing their arms around Jamelet to support her body. Since demonstrating her newly acquired powers, she had weakened dramatically. The bizarre twist of powerful gifts drained every last bit of her energy, making Nick’s heart bleed. He gently bent down to her height, offering a kiss to her cheek. “How you doing, Jam?”



“Just tired,” she whispered, reaching to affectionately run her hand against his cheek. She never thought she could feel such a strong attraction to the doofy blonde she remembered being held captive at her father’s company. Yet, there she stood, feeling a fond affection for him. She reached out to gently brush her lips against his, causing AJ to coo.



“As cute as this is, we do need a plan,” Kevin interrupted with the clearing of his throat. He glanced down the hallway to see Howie nervously looking down the hallway, waiting for someone to tell him the plans. “Some of us have to look for the antidote and others have to look for—”



“ANA!” Jamelet suddenly screamed, breaking free from the boys’ grasps. She wilted to the floor as pictures flooded her mind. She saw Ana trapped within the depths of a glass container, another flash with Ana laying upon the floor bleeding, another flash of a blade to her throat, and then the final flash of Ana rushing through the halls in search of something and a shadow lurking close behind. “She’s being chased! Ana!”



*~*~*



Ana turned in shock when she heard Jamelet’s scream echoing down the metal hallways, actually rising above Terrence’s thick curses. She sent a prayer to God for hearing Jamelet’s cries, immediately rushing toward the source. The adrenaline coursing through her body added extra fuel to her newly engaging strength. Her body continued to drop in temperature as the ice regained full power. She felt a rush of excitement as she winded down the next hall, realizing she would soon be back in Howie’s arms.



Joyous thoughts of the budding romance formed in her head till she entered the familiar hallway, her eyes immediately falling upon Howie’s skittish form. Her body relaxed completely at the sight of his handsome face as she started to call to him, “Howie—”



She stopped halfway when she noticed the glint of a gun appear from the corner, aiming directly at Howie’s form. Jamelet seemed to pick up on her thoughts as the group turned to look upon Howie. Without thought, Jamelet rushed over and tackled Howie to the floor as the gunshot pierced the air, nicking Howie across the shoulder.



Ana had no time to concern over Howie’s fresh wound as she rushed upon the shadow with a fury of anger. She had to fight for them first before she could contemplate over Howie’s injuries. So, she tossed several large icicles from her palms toward the shadow, hearing it howl as one connected sharply. The shadow stumbled forward as the gun flew across the floor. Ana’s eyes immediately narrowed as she tossed the sharpest icicle just beside the man’s form, inching from his head. “You are such a son of a bitch, Coby. You’d punk out and try to kill Howie with a bullet instead of using your powers like a real man? I’m shocked!”



“YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HIS!” Coby screamed out in utter stress, holding his aching chest from the blunt connection with Ana’s thick icicle. He stumbled in vain attempts to reach Ana, his eyes blazing with hatred as Ana’s eyes flickered toward the man cowering on the floor with a bullet wound across his shoulder. Coby thrust his arm out toward Howie, immediately lifting his body into the air. “I’LL KILL HIM, ANA!”



“Don’t be stupid,” Ana quickly commanded without fear, noticing the force field of boiling energy flickering around Howie’s levitating body. Howie grunted as the heat started to rise within the bubble, but he struggled to be free and reach Ana. He didn’t realize that Coby was planning on burning the flesh from his body.



“I’d say the same to you,” Coby commanded, his eyes flicking for a moment behind her. Ana felt a bubble of worry as she slowly turned to follow Coby’s gaze. She stepped back, hearing Terrence offer a powerfully angry cry of disgust. He had retrieved the fallen magnum, preparing to bash Ana’s skull with the blunt object. He rushed toward her with a fever pace, the magnum raised above his head. He left shoulder gushed with precious blood from Ana’s first attack, but he seemed to channel all the pain into attacking Ana. The wild fury in his eyes made the boys paralyze with fear, realizing Ana had to save herself.



“ANA!” Jamelet screamed, sending a sharp bolt of electricity just beyond Ana’s body. The strong bolt penetrated through the air, connecting heatedly with Terrence’s chest. He jerked back and collapsed against the wall. The energy completely spent in Jamelet’s body, she collapsed to the ground, heaving ragged breaths.



Ana silently thanked Jamelet for extra time, immediately sending two powerful icicles into Terrence’s shoulders to keep him pinned. He howled in agony, struggling to grasp at the bloody icicles. But, the icicles kept tightly pinned to the metal wall as blood leaked throughout them, offering a prism of reds against the nearby walls. Ana didn’t seem to care as she turned to stare into Coby’s eyes. “Put Howie down, Coby. Your fight isn’t with him. It’s with me. I’m the one that turned you down. And, I swear to God if you hurt him, I’ll kill your brother.”



“You’re my little girl, Ana,” Coby whispered with a threatening tone, keeping Howie suspended.



“Put him down, Coby,” Ana ordered, showing him the next icicle poking from her palm.



“Ana—”



Ana interrupted Coby’s plea when she released the icicle, sending it directly into the middle of Terrence’s thigh. Blood gushed from the large wound as Terrence writhed in agony upon the wall. Her eyes burned with the brilliance of her white irises, threatening Coby to make another false move. “He’s dying, Coby. And he deserves it.”



“He doesn’t—”



“He tried to rape me,” Ana voiced coldly, mists of icy breath coiling around each word that she spoke. Her skin had turned into a pale blue from the depths of icy temperatures floating amongst her circulatory system. She finally stood with the power of her true nature, daring Coby to cross the point of no return. She held her hand toward Terrence’s screaming form. “Put Howie down, now!”



“Do what she says, Coby!” Kevin barked from his stance with the other three boys, carefully moving to retrieve Jamelet’s weakened body.



“DON’T!” Terrence screamed. “DON’T DO WHAT THE BITCH SAYS! KILL HER! KILL HER NOW, COBY! DO IT FOR FATHER!”



The word ‘father’ seemed to send Coby into a pensive state of thought, giving Howie a chance to escape. He bore against the pain radiating from his burning flesh, holding his hands down toward Coby. With a shot of energy, he sent two exploding balls of electricity to Coby’s feet. They exploded with great power, breaking Coby’s hold on Howie. Coby propelled back into the wall with a heavy flood as Howie’s body crashed into his friends.



“DAMNIT TO HELL, COBY!” Terrence screamed, noting his brother was knocked unconscious.



“No, damn you to Hell,” Ana hissed, completing what she had been yearning to do since laying eyes upon the evil man. She stepped toward him and sent several icicles into his chest. His high-pitched screams pierced the night, but Ana never flinched. She stepped toward him and laid her freezing hands upon his face, allowing the frost bite to sweep over his body, rapidly decaying his rotting flesh with an icy frost lingering in the air.
~**~

**~To Be Continued...~**