- Text Size +
“Termination of Sanity”

**~Tempting Gift~**

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” Coby hisses out, struggling to stand up to see his brother’s frost bitten corpse hang limply on the icicles thrown at him. “You little whore…you killed my brother.”

Ana turns back to him, a smug look on her face as Terrence’s bloody torn corpse slowly slides down against the cold metal walls. “I think I must have heard wrong. Did you just call me a whore?”

Howie hisses out in pain as he struggles to stand up among his friends. Gasping for air, he stumbles over to Ana heaving, glaring at Coby.

“Too bad you lost. Tell me how it feels in Hell.” Brian mutters, walking over to Coby who was kneeling on the corner of the hallway.

Coby places his hands on the metal tiles when he begins breaking into a haunting laughter. Brian stops inches from the man, gazing at the others in confusion.

“What’s so funny?” Howie growls out: gently touching Ana on her shoulder. Smiling, she buries her head on his neck as she feels his strong arms embrace her tightly.

Jamelet moans out in pain as Nick and Kevin led her to Ana. “You’re ok. Oh God look at you, you’re all hurt and bleeding.” She whispers out, caressing Ana’s smeared bloody cheek.

Lifting her head from Howie’s shoulder: Ana gulp and walks over to her friend. “I could hear you from here from where I was. What’s going on?”

Jamelet sighs, “We’re ok. You? I had these visions, flashes rather of you of what happened. I’m sorry…” She breathes out, feeling Nick’s arm support her.

“You saw me?” Ana inches closer to her friend: brushing back a lock of dark strand behind Jamelet’s ear.

Jamelet nods, “Yeah…I, I’m injected Ana.”

“With what?” Ana whispers out nervously, giving a quick glare to the wounded Coby watching them all.

“I’m injected with that red liquid back in the precinct. I’m dying Ana.” Jamelet whispers out, breathing out a cold mist from her lips.

Ana leans near her friend, amazed at the coldness coming from the woman’s body. “What did he do to you?”

“I, I’m not sure. I seem to possess all of your powers. But I’m not really feeling so well right now.” Jamelet murmurs, clutching her stomach as she leans into Nick’s arm.

Ana gulps, turning back to see Coby smiling, gazing at her strangely: “You insolent little hoe. You have no idea what I just did.” Coby stands up, vanishing into thin air, disappearing before them as his laughter echoes in the atmosphere.

Ana screams out, “Yeah run away you bastard! You know you can’t stop me from finding you. You can run but you can’t hide forever!”

Kevin slams his fist on the wall, cursing under his breath. “That’s it. We have to find a medication, a cure. We can’t have her dying on us.”

“We, we can find something to help her…but I’ll need to know exactly what she is injected with.” Ana whispers out.

“That’s the thing. We don’t really know the name of it.” Brian quietly states, sighing as he helps Jamelet remain erect vertically.

“Ok…God…we can do this.” Ana whispers out, pacing around.

Howie sighs, “I say we start thinking of a plan as we walk out of here. Now can we move before more soldiers meet us here?”

A.J. nods: “Yeah, let’s the hell out of here.” He helps Jamelet walk as she struggles and plops into his arms passed out.

A.J. gasps as the others surround him, gazing at the woman.

“She, she went out.” He whispers out quietly in shock as Ana takes her pulse.

“She’s breathing just fine. I don’t know what could have happened. But whatever that vaccination did to her, its killing her fast. From what I heard this is gonna change her before it takes over her.” Ana rambles out, fearing for her friend’s life. Kneeling down, she sniffs and passes a hand over the doctor’s hand.

“Change her in a bad way?” Nick whispers out.

Brian nods, “Yeah remember back at the precinct Nick what Terrence told us when he had Howie?”

Nick gulps, slowly recalling the events. “Oh God yeah. But I mean she wouldn’t turn against us right? She’ll know us wouldn’t she?”

Brian breaths slowly, “Guys, lets start walking. We’ll have to come up with something.”

They begin to stand and slowly make their way down the quiet metal hallway as the only sound protruding was their soft breathing and footsteps. Nick gently places his arms underneath the doctor’s body, carrying her so that she was lying on his arms. Ana gazes at them and smiles, only hoping she can save her friend before it was too late.

Jamelet moans out and snaps open her eyes as she breaths out heavily suddenly. Nick jolts to a stop as the others turn to them to see Jamelet holding her head dizzily.

“Put me down.” Jamelet whispers out.

“You sure? You look like you’ll pass out again.” Nick states, still holding the woman in his arms.

Jamelet glares at him and snaps her hand around his neck, a painful ice cold feeling stabbed him as he gasps out, struggling to breath.

“Jamelet! Stop it! What the hell are you doing?!” A.J. growls out, yanking her ice cold hand away from his friend’s neck.

Nick gasps and drops her on the floor roughly as he touches his neck, struggling to breath. He drops to his knees, the ice cold feeling stabbing him inside his chest and throat like miniature icicles prodding his raw throat. He gags and tries to inhale deeply, the sharp fresh air invading his body once again.

Jamelet sits up from the ground and smiles, standing up to see all of them gazing at her in confusion. “I’m fine. Let’s go.”

Kevin glances over at Ana and shakes his head: “I don’t think we should take her with us.”

“What? Are you kidding me? We can’t leave her here. We’re in this together, we all have to get out.” Ana demands, reaching to touch Jamelet’s hand but sees a sharp flame emerge from it and jumps on her hair.

Gasping in shock, she pats her golden locks as the flames rather instead of going off, initiate and grow stronger covering her flaxen curls in a burning crown. Ana yelps out in pain as pain as the flames spread around her hair, setting an orange glow in her hair. She desperately pats the flames down but to no avail as she sends a glare over to Jamelet.

Howie rushes over to Ana, helping to aid in the elimination of the growing fire.

A.J. looks around and finds a fire extinguisher locked in a glass pane off the shadows in the hallway. Using his mind, he gazes at the glass box that held the instrument watching it as it breaks and shatters, the extinguisher falling out along with it as well. Brian grabs the item and quickly turns it on, spraying it over Ana head to take out the fire as Nick gazes back at Jamelet who seemed curled into a ball, giggling gently. Nick crawls over to Jamelet, staring at her in confusion.

Choking out, he gingerly rubs his throat, gazing at her. “How, how could you attack me?”

Jamelet sits up and smiles, her light eyes sparkling in excitement. “Not sure. It looked like fun though.”

Howie fans off the smoke emerging from Ana’s hair as he gazes at Jamelet: “You could have injured them doing that!”

“My bat.” Jamelet smirks, shrugging her shoulders, slowly standing up as her eyes glowed a faint red then back to normal color.

“My bat? Is that all you had to have to say for what you did? What the f…” A.J. was cut off at the sound of the ground trembling violently beneath them all.

Brian and Kevin tumble to the wall and fall on the ground as A.J. and Howie along with Ana tumble to the other side while Nick and Jamelet topple over across from Ana. The ground continues to shake horribly until a small crack in the center of the metal tiles begins cracking, the floor slowly separating into two sections. The gap in the floor grew a short distance, wide enough for a person to easily fall into it if not careful. The ground quiets down, the shaking stops as some of the tiles cracked and lied broken, scattered across both sides of the hole.

A.J. sighs, crawling to the hole, peering into the dark abyss, looking up at Jamelet. “Did you do this?”

“Me? Why do you ask?” She growls out, her hands curl into small fists on her side.

Nick slowly stands up, gazing at her. “What’s going on with you?”

“Me? My, it seems I’m the topic of today’s conversation. How about this…if I had anything to do with that, don’t you think I would have you guys thrown into that hole? I mean I wouldn’t waste my time opening a hole with no use now do you?” Jamelet smirks, placing her hands on her waist, eyeing the others menacingly.

“It’s, it’s changing her already…We have to leave her here!” Brian gulps out.

“NO!” Nick and Ana shout in unison.

“Excuse me? She just tried choking Nick and setting Ana on fire, doesn’t that mean something to you?” A.J. growls out, “We knew something like this would happen, it was told to us. I don’t see why this is catching you all in surprise.” A.J. states: gathering him self off the ground, shakily walking over to where Nick was gingerly rubbing his sore throat.

Howie sighs, gazing at Ana who seems mildly amused at the small smoke rising off her blonde tendrils. “Ana honey listen. As much as I hate to say this, I agree with A.J. He has a point.”

“What? No, all this time and I finally found all you guys, I’m not leaving the one person that took me in!” Ana protested meticulously, flailing her arms over her head to prove her point.

Brian gulps, “She’ll be ok without us. But Terrence and Coby had it planned for her for the longest. The only thing we can do is find an antidote for it as soon as possible. If we take her with us, she’ll only delay us, plus after that little event she just did, we run the risk of her doing something worse to us the next time.”

Jamelet growls, narrowing her eyes: “I can’t believe this! You’re gonna leave me to rot while you all go off and leave this place! I don’t think so! If I can’t get out, then none of you are leaving!” And with that, she runs down the opposite hallway from which they came from, disappearing from their sight.

Nick gulps painfully, sucking his teeth at his friend, “Way a go man. Now we’re missing a person and she’s pissed with us.”

“So? She tried to kill you and Ana! We can’t run the risk of her going all insane on us while we trying to get out of here.” Brian states.

Howie allows Ana to lean her gentle head on his shoulder as she shivers from her cold, sighing.

“So what now?” A.J. raises his eyebrows.

“We can walk down this hallway, Ana knows the area a little bit. We’ll be safe.” Howie whispers out, pointing down the opposite hallway Jamelet had sped off to.

“Question, if we bump into doctor gone psycho Jamelet, what should we do? Cause our powers can kill her if we’re not careful.” A.J. asks as Nick leans over the hole in the ground, gazing at it strangely.

“Try not to use them. That’s all.” Kevin sighs, walking down as Nick remains still, his eyes focused on the hole in the ground.

“Yo come on Nick.” A.J. shouts back to the fair headed man as Nick nods and begins to walk. Suddenly a hand from the gap grasps his ankles causing him to fall forward to the ground painfully. His chest slams to the floor brutally as he tries to kick and crawl away from being pulled into the hole.

“AHHHHHH. Owwww.” Nick begins a string of curses as he feels both of his ankles being pulled to the hole.

The others rush over to him, each grabbing an arm or leg as Ana tries to swat off the small pale hand that gripped Nick’s ankle.

“Who is pulling him?!” Howie shouts.

Ana looks down the hole, shaking her head: “I don’t know! I can’t see anything in the hole!”

Nick begins to glow a faint orange as his temperature begins to rise to a scorching amount. The others back away as Nick tries to change himself into fire. But as he was slowly changing into the raging flame, the pale feminine hands that held his ankles, yanks at Nick’s legs so hard that Nick topples into the hole as he coughs out smoke, disappearing from all their view.

Ana gasps, gazing into the hole as the others slowly inch their way over to see as well. But nothing could be seen but a hole of blackness. No form of person or sign of Nick was present. As for the hands that appeared in the hole, that too disappeared, sliding back into the darkness from where it came from.

“What…what the hell just happened?” A.J. gasps out, kneeling into the hole.

“Nick! Nick!” Brian yells into the hole, hoping his friend could answer but no response but the dark void before him.

Ana gulps, kneeling down as she stares into the hole. “He just disappeared…” She murmurs out in shock.

Kevin shakes his head, “No…no! NO! He can’t just disappeared! Who pulled him in there? What the hell is going on?”

“We can’t freak out. Let’s, let’s just go ok. Nick will be ok.” Ana whispers, steadily standing up with the help of Howie as they begin to walk down the hallway.

Kevin gasps, breathing deeply, his eyes focused on the hole. “He…he can’t just vanish into thin air. I wanna know what happened to him!”

“And we’ll find him Kev. But please, let’s move…ok? Nick will be ok I know it. They’re probably just trying to separate us again to get to us. But we’ll be ok. Nick will be fine. They want all of us not just one of us.” Brian persuades his cousin as they walk back to join Howie and Ana.

A.J. slowly gets up and follows behind the others still dazed about what just occurred. ‘Don’t worry buddy. We’ll find ya.’ He vows under his breath, walking down the silent metallic hallway.
~*~

“It has already begun.” Coby smiles, settling back in his office chair, a smile spanning his handsome cheeks.

“Sir, do you think relying on that doctor will pose a threat? What if she has a change in heart and turns against us?” The attractive short red haired woman growls out, fixing the gun strap that held her rifle tugged in it carefully.

Coby sits up in the chair and smirks: “She won’t. The medication is already working in her system. I want her to suffer as much as she made us. The next few hours will be agonizing for her as her body tries to adjust to the powers.”

“Don’t you think she’ll lash out at us when she sees us?” The woman bubbles out, sauntering over to him with a glitter in her emerald eyes.

“No. She’ll know better.” He smirks, gazing at the surveillance camera in his room that showed a flushed woman, Jamelet, running down some vacant hallways as she breaks into a laughter for no particular reason.

“Dynasty, I trust you can track down the woman correct?” Coby gazes at her, his grey eyes twinkling in delight at the thought of seeing his own creation of medicine work within his enemy’s body.

Dynasty smiles and nods: “Not a problem. I’ll bring her here. She’ll be an alliance none like we ever had.”

“Indeed it shall be. Now hurry off. Go and retrieve her. I have a feeling, the fun is just beginning.” Coby smiles, watching Dynasty exit the office as his whispers out: “Soon Ana, you and I will be together like it was meant to be. My brother’s death will not go undone. You’ll pay my little princess and I’m starting with that little doctor friend of yours.”
~*~

Nick groans and raises his head, sitting up in the utter darkness that clothed around him. “Am I dead?”

“You should be.” A familiar voice speaks out roughly.

Nick gulps and painfully crawls across the dark pathway, touching a tip of a cold metal steel object. He exhales slowly as fear etched his heart: “Jamelet?”

Her laughter invaded the darkness around him. “Can you find me?”

Nick scans the blackness around him as his fingers glow a faint red, sending a small flame on each his fingertips to light the area he’s in.

“Nick I never knew having so many powers would be a treat. Do you know what I just found here?” Her haunting voice taunts out as the soft beam from the flames on his fingertips cast a soft halo of light before him to see that he was somewhere in a basement of some type. He glances up to see the large opening he fell through yards above him. It would be impossible to go back up there unless he changed into smoke entirely, but he was already out of energy. He would need to gather his strength before making that journey again. He looks in front of him to see nothing but an old pistol lying on the ground before him with an empty valve. Knowing it was empty his ears prick at the voice.

“What’s that?”

“I can be in many places at the same time…isn’t that fascinating?” Jamelet’s eerie voice echoes in the hallway.

“Why are you doing this to us?”

“The word ‘why’ is such a lame attempt to save you. Let me put in a way you can understand. I have everything you have and more…” the voice filters the dark area as Nick sluggishly makes his way down the cement pathway.

“Where are you?”

“Find me.”

“I can’t.”

“You haven’t tried Nick.”

“Stop this.”

“Why…are you scared yet?” Jamelet’s voice laughs out.

Nick gulps, looking back up at the hole he fell from. “Get me out of this.”

“No. I have a surprise for you and your friends. I wanna play now. Let’s play Nick.”

“I’m not interested in playing right now.” Nick whispers out, sighing.

“Oh well. I am.” A sudden blast of water shoots out of the darkness, slamming him against a wall, almost pulling him under as he gasps and flails his arms fighting to stay afloat the sudden rushing flooding water.

“Awww…look at you. What you love the most is know killing you. What a pity really. Who knew water would turn on you?” Her voice blares out as Nick gasps, seeing a rush of water flooding the area already reaching a meter over his head. He tries to swim for air to reach its surface but is held back by some force as Jamelet’s haunting laughter flooded his ears.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**