- Text Size +
A/N: Hey everyone, this is the new chapter to the action packed trilogy. Enjoy this chapter and please leave a review. You readers are the best, thanks!!

“Termination of Sanity”

**~Frightening After Effects~**

Brian cradles the phone handle, hearing it ring on the other line. “Kevin, come on. Pick it.” He whispers, looking out his porch window. Finally as he was about to hang out, he hears his cousin’s voice on the phone.

“Hello?” Kevin asks, on the phone line.

Brian lifts the phone handle up to his ears as he whispers out hoping his wife wouldn’t hear him, “Kevin?”

“Yeah, hey Brian what’s up?”

“Something’s up. It’s terrible.” Brian chokes out as he squeezes the black handle.

Kevin glances from the plate of food he was eating at the restaurant with his wife. His wife glances up from her plate concerned.

“Brian what’s wrong?” Kevin whispers, eyeing his wife who stares intensely at him.

“It’s oh God! My power, its going crazy! I, I, I can’t control it! I, I was walking down the block today, taking Tyke for a walk, when I saw a couple stare at me and then die! Kev, they took one look at me and literally leaned over and died! I went to them and check their pulse. Kev, they died just by looking at me and…”

“Whoa wait hold up, Brian let’s not jump into conclusions. How do you even know that had anything to do with you?!” Kevin’s voice raises a pitch high as customers passing by stare at him strangely.

“I know it is, people don’t have cardiac arrest after they see me! Kevin, I could feel their heart beats as they were dying, it was pounding in my head so loudly! Kev, something’s wrong. I, I killed an innocent guy.” Brian whispers into the phone as he curls up on the sofa, clutching the phone tightly in his hands.

“Huh?” Kevin whispers, his eyes darting nervously around at the crowd that was staring at him a few tables away.

“Today I was walking down the park and a guy stopped me for an autograph for his niece and when I was sighing my name on a sheet of paper, the guy stared at me and I could hear his heart beating. I saw the guy grab his chest and he starts gagging, I see a river of blood spill out his mouth and then. Oh God Kevin… Then his, his chest…” Brian gasps as he continues, “His chest blew open as his heart splatters, flying out into pieces…” He chokes out.

Kevin’s mouth drops open in utter surprise. He could hear Brian sobbing over the phone line as his own heart drums rapidly. He whispers out that he will stop by and pick up Brian. He couldn’t leave his cousin there alone especially after what he’s been through and witness. “K, listen Brian did anyone see this when it happened?” He whispers quietly not knowing what else to say to comfort his cousin.

Brian whispers out, “Kevin, what about your powers, have they been acting up? I mean Nick, A.J. and Howie had issues with theirs, I’m thinking that’s the deal with us.”

Kevin pokes at the sautéed shrimp in front of him and lifts it up into his mouth. He chews on the shrimp, feeling his throat go dry. “Uhhh, listen, yeah. Stuff is happening. We’ll talk about this later, ok? I’m in a restaurant and I can’t talk too much k?”

He hears Brian sniff quietly, “O, ok. Man. Take it easy. I’ll be ok. You know I haven’t touched my wife today since the incident, thinking I might kill her.” Brian mumbles sadly.

Sighing, Kevin rubs his weary eyes, “Things will be ok. I’ll meet up with you tonight and give the doctors a call.”

“Ok, I don’t have Jamelet’s number, do you?” Brian nibbles on his lip.

“Ah, no I don’t, I thought you did.” Kevin mumbles as his wife kicks him under the table to inform her about what’s going on.

“Na, I only have Alison’s number and I think Summer’s email but she never responded.” Brian mutters.

Kevin sighs and shakes his head, “Damn, alright. Listen, I have Dr. Natalie’s number. I know she isn’t staying with the other girls but she can help us out. She’s our closest bet.”

“Great, we’ll call when you get here tonight.” Brian states as Kevin agrees and both hang up the phone. Kevin smiles at his wife and shakes his head, “You know how Brian over reacts about anything. Don’t worry about it honey.”

Kristin sighs and rolls her light eyes and she continues her meal. Kevin knew it must be eating away at her about what is really going on but for her safety, Kevin never told her the real reason of his powers or CAPPA. It was better than to tell her the whole story, he didn’t need her worrying her pretty head about it. Kevin stares down at his plate as the hunger left him. He wasn’t hungry anymore, the only thing that plagued his mind was Brian’s sudden destructive powers. Kevin seemed lost in thought as he thought of yesterday. Since the demise of CAPPA, his powers have been tamed but recently his powers have taken a turn for the worst. He was fixing the motor of his car when a sudden burning smell had infiltrated his nose. When he looked down he saw the red lasers spewing from his eyes in a deep concentration, burning the electric wires within the engine of his car. He recalled he ran out the garage just in time as the garage blew up, his car now a burnt wreck. He was safe, his garage how ever was a different story.

Kristin smiles and pats her husband hand, “Sweetie, you haven’t touched your food since talking with Brian. How about we skip this date and just head home. You have a lot on your head and some rest would do you some good.”

“That’s why I love you. You understand me perfectly.” Kevin whispers as he drops a large bill on the table and both head out the restaurant.
~*~

Natalie giggles as her boyfriend finishes painting her toenails. “There, all done, what do you think Nat?”

Natalie sprawled out the couch, giggles and lifts her leg up to examine the done creation. “Well done. Nice. I didn’t think of painting it that color, but it’ll work.”

Galen laughs and places the pink glossy nail polish on the coffee table. He settles on the edge of the sofa besides Natalie and strokes her dark locks in his fingers. His dark green eyes stare at Natalie’s face with endearment. “Naty, sweetie, what are you doing later tonight?”

Natalie stares up at him, her dark chocolate eyes stare up at him and she shrugs her shoulders, “Nothing as of yet, why? You have something that can change my plans?” She whispers into his ears. Galen stands up, his tall six feet two inches towering over his girlfriend. His fair skin hands fuse with her tan hands as they stare into each other eyes.

“I never knew I could fall in love with my enemy.” Galen whispers seductively into her tan ears. She giggles and stares him, mesmerized by his appearance.

“Who would have thought that one of Steeles project would have such a positive effect? Especially to me.” Natalie whispers, tugging on Galen’s blue shirt collar.

He leans down and lays a gentle kiss on her forehead whispering, “I love you.”

Natalie smiles and whispers the same back to him. It was interesting the way the two met. After Nick had destroyed the last CAPPA building, Galen, one of the few employers there had managed to escape in time. Natalie had met him that night and Galen stated he was undercover as a writer for the institution but soon became an experiment that Steeles had plotted. Seemed Steeles needed some guinea pigs and he was one of them. Though he was a failed experiment according to Steeles definition, he manage to escape during the terror that ensued with Sanchez’s past experiments waging war outside the institution.

Natalie, after seeing the girls one last time, went her separate way living on the west side of the country. She is constantly getting calls from the girls and even the Boys surprised her by calling her one time. She still managed to have access to Jamelet and Summer and though she missed them terribly, she needed to be away from all the insanity that she had endured. Her health was getting damaged with all the stress and anxiety she had to endure. But with Galen being by her side, she has been getting better and she was just glad things are starting to get back to normal like it was before CAPPA existed.

“Galen, honey what are you thinking about?” Natalie’s sweet voice fades his thoughts.

He smiles and strokes her hair, “How lucky I am to have you.”

“Same here.” Natalie states as she snuggles close to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. ‘Everything is just right. The way it should be.” And the couple laughs, talking about what they will do later tonight.
~*~

Rose sighs and tiredly enters her bedroom. Her dancing class has been harder than she can imagine and she felt like she was ready to drop to bed to sleep. She limps over to her bedside and takes off her black jacket, flinging it on a chair besides her. “Ahhh, I’m so exhausted. Can’t wait to hit the pillow. How good the sleep will be to me.” She whispers gleefully to herself.

Just as she was climbing into her queen size bed, the phone rings. Groaning, she stumbles out the bed and angrily answers the phone. “Hello?”

“Hi, can I speak to Rose? This is Kimberly.” A soft voice states over the phone line. Giggling, Rose quickly says hi and how surprised she was to hear from her.

“Oh God, Kimberly, girl how you doing?” Rose whispers a smile crawling on her face. She had to admit she truly missed the girls and wanted to get together but that was impossible, Alison moved away and lost contact with them and the same for Paige. As for Ana, she emailed her every once in a while. In fact even the guys talked with her except Nick. Since the last she saw of him, he was acting too distance and she knew that something wasn’t right. And from the way Nick reacted to hearing about Jamelet, Rose knew she lost the battle to his heart and that really tortured her. She talked with Summer about it but never could she talk with Jamelet about it for she would sound like a jealous girlfriend. But somehow the relationship has been too strained and her heart hurt too much to face Jamelet at any time.

“Ok, hey, you watching the news?” Kimberly asks, twirling in her seat at the office she works in after school.

“No why?”

“Oh God, just turn the news on, hurry before you miss it!” Kimberly asks, chewing on a strand of her dark brown locks.

Rose nervously pushes back a strand of her golden hair and turns on the thirteen inch television in her room. Pushing the remote, she flips through some channels before landing on the news. She watches the woman reporter on site somewhere in Florida, discussing a new construction plan for a building. “A new multiplex theater was supposed to be built here but the lease was revoked and now a new lease is out for the construction of a scientific institution. No word as to what will be built on this property, but word has it that a young man bought the land for over a quarter of a million to start building soon after words. We’ll be sure to let you know shortly once more information is given, about what company is moving in. This is Evelise Roman coming at you live from channel seven news.” Rose remained quiet as Kimberly’s voice ran through her ears.

“Rose, Rose? Are you watching it? Do you know what that could mean? They said a scientific institution, you know what that means girl right?” Kimberly’s frightened voice echoes in Rose’s mind.

“No, it can’t be. Cyrus died along with CAPPA. There’s nothing there. It couldn’t mean anything, just a coincidence, that’s all.” Rose stutters.

Kimberly snorts and yells out, “No way, you feel it don’t ya? Cappa’s alive again. And that could only mean one thing.”

Rose backs into a chair and slumps into it, taking a deep breath. “You heard the news. They don’t know what’s being built there yet.”

Sucking her teeth, Kimberly states slowly, “Really now? What other scientist institution do you know has millions upon millions of dollars to reconstruct itself besides CAPPA. Come on Rose, how strange is that?! You feel it don’t you?” She whispers quietly.

Rose nods her head and answers back in the phone, “Ye, yeah. They never left.”

“Exactly!” Kimberly whispers, “Look, I gotta go now, my boss is getting cranky about the personal calls on job. I’ll talk to you later online. This is too big and I think Ana and the others should be aware of this.”

“Oh God that’s right! They live nearby there. Oh man, what can we do? Our powers have left us. I don’t even know how to do it anymore.” Rose whispers, passing her hand wearily over her face. “What are we going to do?”

Kimberly sighs, “I don’t have a clue. Listen I gotta go, k. We’ll talk later about this. Bye.”

“Bye.” Rose whispers and places the phone back on its cradle. Forget sleep, concern cloth her this evening and she was left alone in her room to deduce what should happen next with the info she just saw on the news.
~*~

“Thanks Alex, hey listen Nick was telling me you guys all have a nickname for one another. What’s yours?” Jamelet asks curiously as A.J. hands her a dirty dish to place in the dishwasher.

A.J. sighs and shakes his head, “You don’t wanna know.”

“Oh but I do.” Insisted Jamelet as Summer and Ana entered the kitchen.

“Well not in front of Ana then.” A.J. stalled, thinking of an excuse.

Ana snorts and rolls her emerald sapphire orbs, “Dude, I’m a big girl, you can tell whatever it is in front of me.” Ana grins wickedly, leaning on the counter, wiping a towel over her wet golden locks.

Summer giggles and wipes a hand cloth over the top of the stove as A.J. growls.

“What did I miss?” Summer teased.

“Nothing trust me.” A.J. states as he scowls at Jamelet for opening her mouth.

Jamelet opens her jaw very wide and points to it, “See I just opened it, and now what?”

A.J. shakes his head and was about to exit the kitchen when he crashes into Nick and Howie.

“Hey guys, A.J. doesn’t want to share his secret to us.” Ana giggles enjoying the look of unbelief in A.J.’s dark eyes.

“What secret?” Howie asks, raising his eyebrows in interest.

Nick laughs and looks at Jamelet, “Oh he doesn’t want to say now right?”

“Right.” Jamelet nods, placing her hands on her hips.

“Well A.J. since we’re all here, why don’t you share with the girls what you call yourself. I mean we all have different tag names, I’m smoke, Howie’s sunshine, Brian’s deadly, Kevin is Laser eye and you A.J. you’re…” Nick stops as A.J. interrupts.

“Ok, personally I don’t think they care so I won’t say.” A.J. says picking the lint off his sleeve.

Summer giggles, “It got my interest, come on tell us. I wanna know, what do you call yourself?”

A.J. rolls his eyes and mutters out the nickname so low that no one heard it.

“Excuse me, I missed that, care to repeat?” Ana jokes, poking A.J. in the ribs. “Oh you’re not embarrassed by the name now are you?” Ana continues jokily as Howie bites his lower lip hoping to calm down his jealous nerves when Ana played around with someone besides himself.

“Exorcist.” A.J. finally states as quiet greeted his answer.

“Creepy.” Jamelet whispers as Ana rolls her eyes.

Summer shrugs her shoulders, “So Exorcist huh? Like the possessed girl that moved stuff with her mind. I see how that makes sense.”

“Forget I even mentioned it.” A.J. mutters as he pushes a chair next to the kitchen table. And he walks out the quiet room with one low whistle coming from Nick.

“I thought it would be funny. I guess I was wrong.” Nick whispers as he excuses himself.

“Weird huh?” Summer asks towards Jamelet and exits the room.

Jamelet nods her head and continues placing glass plates onto the dishwasher. Howie and Ana glance at each other and left the uncomfortable feeling in the kitchen and exited it to go downstairs for Ana to show off her powers to the others in the experiment room.
~*~

The shrill ringing of the phone wakes Natalie up from her nap. She raises her head off Galen’s lap and sighs wearily. She and Galen talked almost all night and before she knew it, she was out for the night, nodding off the sleep along with Galen on the couch. She hurries over to the loud ringing and answers the call.

“Hello?” She croaks out, clearing her throat.

“Natalie! Great I got through to you. Hey listen I have to tell you something serious.” Kevin’s deep voice booms into her voice.

“Kevin? Oh hey, how you doing? You caught me off guard sorry. What is it?” She walks into her bedroom carrying her cordless phone into her bedroom.

“The news, did you see it today?” Kevin whispers, the fear in his voice evident.

Gulping Natalie shakes her head, “No, no. why?”

“It seems someone bought the empty lot down in Florida. News mentioned the owners are part of a scientific institution. You know what that means right?” Kevin sounded almost in hysteria.

“Yes, oh God. Cappa’s back alright.” Natalie whispers in shock as she collapses into a chair, her heart racing a mile a minute. Now the question remains, what will happen now?
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**