- Text Size +
"Termination of Sanity"

**~Chapter 7- Conflicting Connections~**

She shakes her head angrily as she brushes roughly pass Nick, entering the swinging kitchen door. Nick gulps and knew Brian told her the truth about their visitation. His heart bangs against his chest as he enters the kitchen.

"Jamelet, I was…" Nick nervously whispers but was cut off as she raises her hand, her back facing him:

"Don't. Just don't. I don't why you came here. I really thought we were friends but instead you withheld the mere fact that CAPPA is back." Jamelet whispers softly.

"God, I'm sorry. I'm so stupid."

"No, reckless." Jamelet hisses, turning to face him, her light chocolate eyes brim with tears as she shakes her head, "Nick I think its best you leave."

"What?!" Nick chokes out, surprised by the sudden attitude change, "I understand you're upset and all, but you're kicking me out without letting me explain…"

Jamelet interrupts his statement, "There isn't anything to explain. We're danger and you just delayed us from getting things together. God I have to tell the girls." She whisks out the kitchen and runs down the basement, the last where she recalled Howie and Ana where at.

Nick gulps and shakes his head, "Stupid me. Way a go Nick, just lost out my chance with her." And guilty follows behind, hoping it wasn't too late to them to escape to safety. Jamelet hurries down the cement stairs and looks around the basement, no one was in sight. "Where could they have gone?"

"Maybe they left somewhere." Nick softly answers as Jamelet glares at him.

She briskly walks around the room shouting for Howie or Ana, "Ana! Ana, I have to talk to you now! Its important!! We have to leave!" She shouts, glaring at Nick briefly before walking down a cement pathway where a resting room was located. She was walking when she feels her arm grabbed from behind. She jerks from his touch as he pulls her to him.

"Stop this ok! We'll get the hell out of here but don't act this way towards me!" Nick hisses, his sapphire orbs blazing a harsh icy blue. Jamelet cries out in pain feeling a burning pain on her right wrist. Nick yanks his hand away immediately knowing his power was reflected in his touch.

"Sorry. Oh man, sorry I didn't mean that. Just please don't be mad at me. If it wasn't for you, we'd be lost. Not to mention doctor Natalie and Summer. I wanna help and I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. A guy by the name of Coby Allen Williams bought the land to rebuild CAPPA a few miles from here. I was told to inform you and bring you with us." Nick whispers, staring at the young doctor.

Jamelet sighs and tilts her head, "I'm not going with you. CAPPA wants you guys, not us. If I go with you, I'll be putting Ana and Summer in danger as well. I can't have that."

Nick narrows his eyes and inhales a deep breath, "Wait, you're not gonna help us?! WE can't do this alone Jamelet and you know it!"

"I had it! Don't you see? Screw CAPPA! I walked away from it months ago. And I don't ever want to do it again. I lost my father because of the corrupt corporation and I was binded to that business for most of my life. Nick, I don't want to go through that again. I can't afford to bring Ana to that again. She almost died saving us last time." Jamelet choked out, her eyes filling with tears, "I, I can't live myself if I put her in danger again and lose her."

"And you won't lose her. Jamelet, we're the original ones. Me and the guys had these powers naturally, medications only brought it out to the open, you said it yourself, you never cured us cause we were never ill. Its part of us, these powers, whether I wanted them or not. I'm chosen, A.J., Howie, Brian and Kevin all chosen. We can stop CAPPA once and for all." Nick whispers, pleading with the woman to at least give him the benefit of doubt.

"I didn't tell you this for I feared you'd act out this way. But I'm sorry you found out the way you did. I came here not only to tell you about CAPPA or the problems with our powers but because I want to protect you." Nick whispers, cringing at the thought that he just expressed his emotions to her.

"Protect me?" Jamelet looks at him smugly, "You mean that?"

Nick nervously nibbles on his lower lip and nods his head.

Smiling, Jamelet gulps, giving him a small smile, "Well then… Thanks. Thanks for thinking about me. But I'm still mad at you."

Nick chuckles softly and nods his head, "That's alright. Be as mad as you want. I won't stop you. And no problem shorty, I'd feel bad if something happened to you. You're important to all of us, especially me." Nick whispers, upset with himself for being so open to the woman.

Jamelet smirks and elbows him, "Am I assuming someone here is acting all brotherly on me?"

"Brotherly? I think its more, 'Hey baby I'm the man, I gotta watch out for my girl.' Type attitude." Summer teases with a smirk on her face as she and A.J. suddenly enter the hallway where they were at.

Nick blushes, "Oh hey guys. She just playing. That's not what I meant."

"But that's what you feel." A.J. whispers quietly, loud enough for only Nick to hear. A.J. smiles, his eyes glittering.

"Damn your power." Nick mutters as A.J. chuckles leaving the two women confused about the private conversation the men just had.
~*~

"Ok an explanation would work nicely with the waves out here." Ana states with a small smile crossing the corners of her mouth. She plops down on the sand, as the beautiful beach waves crash into one another and become one at the shoreline.

"Ana, I don't see why you wanted to talk out here. We could have stood downstairs talking in the basement." Howie tries to persuade Ana to get back indoors. He feared someone working with CAPPA could invade this secluded area and place the women in danger. He glances back at the quiet two story house the women shared, only the soft waves seemed to be the only noise outside at the moment. He's taken out of his thoughts as Ana states something.

"Cause I figured that what ever you have to tell me would be more pleasant out here then indoors. Don't you think?" She raises her light eyebrows, her golden tresses falling down her back and over her shoulders. Howie had the urge to brush his fingers through those soft locks of hers and breath in her soft scent. Man, he got it bad for the woman.

"Whatever you want." Howie states.

"Come, take a seat." Ana pats besides her in the sand, "Plenty of room to sit down at."

Howie smirks and quickly kneels down, drawing his knees close to his chest: he lets his arms hang over the edge of his knees as he stares at Ana.

"Beautiful place we have here huh?" Ana whispers, the hair in the back of her neck prick up, picking up the uncomfortable situation and feelings running through one another.

"Yeah, you're beautiful." Howie states as Ana narrows her eyes and takes in the compliment.

"Thanks but I was talking about the ocean."

"Oh, yeah that too." Howie whispers, looking into her eyes.

"So…" Ana trails off, knowing Howie will finally explain his earlier actions. "Should I be prepared and take cover in case any electrical balls should start firing off."

Howie laughs and shakes his head, "Na, I think you'll be safe."

"Oh well whoo." She playfully lets out a deep breath, "That's good to know then."

Howie chuckles and gulps, "I guess I should start with an apology. I'm sorry about earlier. Ana…" Howie stops and scoots closer to Ana, which send gentle cool chills down her spine. "I think that I'm falling for you harder than I thought. I, I, oh man this is harder than I thought."

Ana pokes him on the side and stares at him, "Come on Howie. Tell me. I've been feeling weird since you came. I feel like this strange relationship we have is strained. Does that make sense at all?"

"Yes! Oh man, that's so good to hear that. I've been feeling like I had to fight for your attention. You give A.J. so much attention. I wish I had that with you. But it always feels strained and hard to talk about with you cause I think I'm falling for you." Howie smiles as Ana giggles. He tries to catch himself but it was too late, the feeling were out in the open and now they had to deal with it.

Ana raises her eyes, "I thought I was too little for you. I recalled you said I'm too young for you. Its funny how that changed." She teases, watching him shift uncomfortable and smile.

"Yeah, well time does that to you." Howie gleams happily as the waves crash onto the shore and wet their bare feet with its cold embrace.

"So I'm confused. Where does this leave us?" Ana asks curiously, her heart racing a mile a minute. She was falling for him since the moment she set her eyes on him but withheld her emotions for she possibly thought she was just fan crazed like all those young girls out there. She figured what would a celebrity as big as Howie, find in her. But as luck has it, it seemed that she met him and some how things have a way of working themselves out. She never thought in a million years that she would meet any celebrity, let alone a member of one of her fave music groups to then have him feel a deep connection with her.

"Ana." His cool breaths touching her ear: sending extreme shivers down the very core of her spine and pit of her stomach.

She focuses back on him and smiles, "Yeah?"

"I always wanted to know what it would feel like to kiss an ice princess." Howie seductively whispers to her.

Ana smiles and throws her arms around his shoulders, pulling him in, "Well you don't have to find out any longer." And she leans close to try to touch his lips but stops as she hears screaming and the back door of the house fling open.

"Jamelet I found them! Ana get your behind up! Where the hell have you two been hiding? We gotta leave now! CAPPA is here, someone bought the land ten miles from here." We gotta leave here now!" Summer screams out, her emerald eyes clouded in anxiety as her golden locks lie scattered wildly over her shoulders.

Ana gulps and stands up hurriedly along with Howie, "Did she just say CAPPA?"

Howie gulps and nods his head. Suddenly Ana had a nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach that Howie didn't stop by to just visit. She glares at him and races to reach Summer at the back porch. Howie catches up to her as Summer grabs some back packs stuffed messily with clothes for the women. Howie could sense Ana's eyes on him as he stares at the overstuff book bags.

"Why didn't you tell me they were here?" Ana hisses out, a sob close to escaping her throat.

"I was about too. That's why we came here. We needed to tell you what we found out about CAPPA. A new owner claimed the property. I'm surprised you didn't know about it. It's been all over the news and media." Howie states worriedly, he hated himself for making Ana upset.

Ana snorts and shrugs her shoulders, "Not much TV, they rot one's brain and the news is so water down nowadays its hard to believe anything."

"Well it doesn't matter. They're rebuilding and we're here to get you guys to safety." A.J. states, his chocolate eyes distressed.

Ana sucks her teeth and grabs a back pack, not looking at Howie. She was too upset, she was in danger. Why wouldn't Howie say anything instead of delaying it? She couldn't understand it and she wasn't in the mood to here any of his excuses at the moment.

Howie grabs Ana's shoulders and sighs, "I should have explained more when we got here. Sorry about this Ana. I will do anything to see that you get a life that you always wanted ok?"

Ana shakes her shoulders, loosening Howie's grip on it, "Sure, whatever." She mutters and follows Summer and A.J. down the steps as Nick and Jamelet exit the back door and joins them.

Jamelet glares at Howie before racing over to Ana and pulling her into a hug, "I'm sorry we have to do this again. We'll come back here when its time. Don't you worry, ok. I'll make sure nothing happens to you. Even if I have to risk my life for your safety."

Ana stops and embraces the smaller woman, "No! Don't say that. We'll make it, we all will. We always made it before and nothing is gonna change that ok?"

Jamelet nods her head and all six of them make their way towards the roadside to await a taxi to take them to the airport where Kevin and Brian will meet them.
~*~

Kevin pulls up to airport driveway with Brian nervously fiddling with his fingers. "Relax B, things will work out, they always do. Look, did you manage to get in contact with the girls?"

Brian nods his head as he unbuckles his seat belt and steps out the car, "Yeah, the guys forgot to tell them! Kev, they must have horsing around and forgot to tell them. I almost freaked out Jamelet, I just know they all upset now."

"Blame that on CAPPA, they always seem to piss me off each time I think about it." Kevin mutters, locking his car and crossing the parking lot. The two men enter the airport, the noise of customers, crowds and food greet their entrance. "Anyway, I got in contact with Natalie. She said she'll meet us here near gate five. So be on the look out for her will ya?"

Brian nods as they reach the waiting area and collapse into a seat. Brian scans his eyes and stops at a familiar figure: sure enough it was Natalie approaching them with a tall man by her side. Brian smiles and nudges Kevin, "Check it out, Natalie is here with a visitor."

Kevin smirks and stands up to embrace the running woman. "Hey you, I haven't seen you for so long." Kevin pulls away from the hug and stares at the man besides her. "Hi, Natalie never mentioned you to us. I'm Kevin and you?"

Galen smiles and extends his hand, shaking it with Kevin, "Hi, I'm Natalie's boyfriend, Galen. I heard about the news of CAPPA. I used to work there until Cyrus took over the place and started experimenting with his employers."

"Whoa, Hey I'm Brian by the way, but he injected you with stuff?"

Galen nods his head, his dark locks falling over his dark green eyes. "Yeah, or least he tried to. But nothing happen to me. I was lucky though a few of my co-workers weren't."

"So wait, you can help us out then since you work around the corporation." Brian whispers.

Galen smiles and stretches out his arms, "That's why I'm here. Nat was left freaking out and wanted to meet you guys here. You're waiting for some of your friends to arrive here right?"

Kevin nods his head, "Yeah, it's a short flight. We sent a private plane to pick them. They're not that far from us, they're in Miami. So give or take an hour, they'll be here."

"It's a good thing we stayed to visit your old school buddy here in Florida or we'd all be taking a flight here." Brian whispers as they all sit down and talk about the past, the only thing that they all were connected to in some way or another.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**