- Text Size +
Sydney sat up in her and Bradley’s bed paging through an old yearbook.

“Hey” he said coming into the room.

“Hey, you’re home” she said.

“You’re still up” he said collapsing on the bed.

“Well yeah I was waiting for you” she said.

“What are you doing with my old yearbook?” he asked.

“Oh…just preparing myself for the reunion” she said amused “Long day?” she asked.

“Don’t ask” he said “Our killer claimed another victim” he said.

“Oh my god” she said “Who?”

“Charlie Delaney, I told you about him” he said.

“Yeah, the guy who owned the bar” she said.

“It gets worst” he said “the killer left a clue…a picture of his next victim” he said sitting up and pulling his shoes off “It’s the Captain” he said.

Sydney gasped “Dean? Oh my god, is he okay?” she asked.

“Well…we tried to put a protective police detail on him, he declined so Kyle took Kel to stay with him and Zoe for a while” he said unbuttoning his shirt and pulling it off.

“Well good, I’m glad Kyle did that” she said.

Bradley pulled off his pants and grabbed a pair of sweatpants from a chest at the foot of his bed, pulling them on.

“And if that weren’t bad enough, I spend the first half of my day chasing a ghost” he said pulling the covers down and climbing in next to Sydney.

“Well…I have some news that is bound to make you very, very happy” she said snuggling close to him.

“Oh yeah? How happy are we talking?” he asked.

“I fired Barry today” she said resting her head against her hand.

He turned to look at her “…Are you trying to turn me on right now? Because it’s working” he said moving closer to her, putting his arm around her and pulling her close.

That turns you on?” she asked laughing.

“In it’s own weird way, yes” he said.

“Well don’t get so excited yet…I haven’t told you why I had to fire him” she said.

“Trust me, the reasons don’t matter” he said kissing her.

“Bradley…” she said giggling.

“Alright…so, why’d you fire him? No wait let me guess…is it because he dresses like a used car salesman from the seventies? Or his overall obnoxious personality?” he asked.

She smiled “Bradley…I asked Nat to tell me the story” she said.

“The story?” he asked.

“Yes the whole Winchester…saga” she said.

“I’ve told you about that before...haven’t I?” he asked.

“A little here and there but today I finally got the whole picture” she said.“and don’t tell Nat but…I recorded it all” she said.

“For what, prosperity?” he asked.

“No…I wanted Barry to realize how exactly this has affected you all, to really listen to what turmoil this has caused” she said.

“I take it he didn’t get the message?” he asked.

“In one ear and out the other, he thought the premise of the sons of the most successful boyband on earth caught up in a deadly rivalry with a shrewd businessman and his overprivileged son was the best idea he’d ever heard” she said.

“Of course he did, why am I not surprised?” he asked.

“So I tried to appeal to his human side once more and…didn’t work…so I kicked him out” she said.

“Alright we’re getting back to turned on” he said, she laughed.

“Well looking at these pictures of young, hot you are getting me excited” she said picking the year book up once more and opening it.

“Oh you like that huh?” he asked grabbing the yearbook “My god” he said “Do we really have to go to this thing?” he asked.

“Yes! I didn’t know you in high school, I want to know about that part of your life” she said snuggling close to him.

“Why?” he asked “I wasn’t that great, trust me” he said “Ask my parents” he said to her.

“Well your dad did mention that you were sort of a rebel without a clue’” she said.

Bradley scoffed “Oh…he so would, at least I’m not 60 years old and still in a boyband” Bradley said irritated, she laughed.

“So you mentioned chasing a ghost before? Want to tell me what that’s about?” she asked “Who’s ghost are we talking about?” she asked.

Bradley sighed “Damien Winchester’s” he said.

“The kid who shot you?” she asked.

“Yeah that’s him” Bradley said “I was working on a theory but…it didn’t pan out” he said.

“You thought Damien was behind what happened to Mr. Mooney and Coach Reinhart” she said.

“Yeah…it made perfect sense, especially with the timing but…as it turns out, he stayed dead this time” he said.

“Okay so if not him…then who?” she asked.

“I have no idea…and luckily for me, it’s not my case, so I don’t have to figure it out” he said.

“Good for you” she said.

“Night” she said as they kissed.

“Night” he said as they turned out the lights.

~*~


“Your mom is getting all settled in in the guest room” Zoey said coming into her and Kyle’s bedroom.

“Good” he said.

“You okay?” she asked.

He sighed “Earlier today my mom told me that…Bradley and Neilson were looking into the possibility of…” he said.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“Damien Winchester being alive” he said.

“Oh my god” she said “Did they find anything?”

“Apparently they did some sort of test on some ashes they found in Damien’s brother’s house that were supposedly theirs” Kyle said to her.

“You don’t think so?” she asked.

“I don’t know what to think…the evidence is starting to mount up against someone who appears to be dead” Kyle said to her.

“What if it’s a copycat? Some people do idolize people like Damien” Zoey said to him.

“I don’t think so…who else would know about Mr. Mooney and Charlie?” Kyle asked.

“This is exactly why you need to let the police handle this” she said.

“Yeah, you’re right” he said to her.

“I hope this doesn’t make you want to skip the reunion” she said smiling.

“Course not, they’re not going to scare me into staying home from my own reunion” he said.

“Good” Zoey said.

“Speaking of which, I need to finish working on my speech for the assembly tomorrow” he said to her.

“I didn’t know they asked you to speak” Zoey said.

“They wanted to a memorial for Coach Reinhart so, I offered to do it” Kyle said to her.

“Well I can’t wait to hear it” she said kissing him.

~*~


Neilson approached the door to Joey’s bedroom “Joe” he said.

“Oh…hey dad, what’s up?” he asked nervously.

“Tell Rachel goodnight, get to bed” Neilson said.

“Got it” Joey said.

“Alright, night” Neilson said shutting the door.

“Joey still on the phone with Rachel?” Natalie asked as he entered their bedroom.

“Course” he said sitting at the foot of the bed.

“Ah well…can’t get in the way of young love” she said.

“Bradley can…and he will, trust me” Neilson said amused.

“Bradley loves Joey” Natalie said.

“As our son, yes…as his daughter’s boyfriend? Not really” Neilson said undressing himself.

“Got to say I never really took Bradley as the overprotective father type” Natalie said as she stared down at a book page.

“He was always protective…he took a bullet for me, remember?” he asked getting into bed next to her.

“How could I ever forget?” she asked.

“Speaking of which…I had to recount that whole awful tale to Syd today, that Barry guy must’ve really shaken her up” she said.

“Bradley never told her?” Neilson asked.

“Not the whole thing” she said leaning back into Neilson’s arms “Telling her the whole thing…having to relive it…just brought back some bad memories” she said snuggling close to him.

“Does this mean we don’t have to go to the reunion?” Neilson asked hopefully.

“Nice try, no way, we’re going” she said.

“Worth a shot” he said “Goodnight” he said kissing her head.

“Night” she said kissing his lips.

~*~


"Mady! Come on babe we got to go!” Sydney yelled up the stairs.

“Just a minute!” Mady yelled.

Bradley yawned “Morning wife” he groaned as he came down into the kitchen.

Afternoon, husband” she said to him.

“Is it?” he asked “Oh yeah, I guess it is” he said pouring himself coffee.

“Yes it is and you’re going to be late so I suggest you get dressed” she said.

“Late for what?” he asked yawning.

“The alumni pep rally at school” Sydney said to him.

“Oh no, no to all of that” he said “I need at least this whole day to prepare myself for the reunion” Bradley said to her.

“Well Mady’s science fair is today so you have a choice, a fifth grade science fair or a high school pep rally…besides, you’re the alumni, not me” Sydney said.

“Don’t remind me” he said.

“Bradley…” Sydney said “Do it for your daughter…please? She’s been practicing nonstop for weeks now trying to get it perfect, I know it’d mean a lot to her if you showed up” she said.

“Hello” Vicki said entering the house.

“Hey mom” Bradley said.

“Well good morning sleepyhead” Vicki said kissing his forehead “Late night last night? I heard what happened with Dean, Kel’s terrified” she said.

“I can imagine” Sydney said.

“What’s up?” Bradley asked Vicki.

“I’m here for the science fair” Vicki said.

“Oh wonderful, mom, you go to the science fair, Syd can go to the pep rally” he said attempting to flee the kitchen.

“You’re going to the pep rally, Vicki, tell your son” Sydney said to her.

“Why don’t you want to go to the pep rally? It’s for the alumni” Vicki said to him.

“I didn’t even go to pep rallies when I went there!” he said "Neilson and I used to sneak up to the roof and get hi..." he said stopping himself when he noticed Vicki glaring at him "The point is I don't do pep rallies" he said.

“I’m sure Rachel would appreciate it” Vicki said to her.

“Before I forget, you and Bri are still coming over tonight to watch Libby and Mady right?” Sydney asked.

“We’ll be here” Vicki said.

“Okay great, and don’t worry about Rachel she’s got a date with Joey” Sydney said.

“Excuse me?” Bradley asked “No one told me anything about a date” he said “Who said she could go on a date?” he asked.

“I did” Sydney said.

“Fine, but she’s home by nine” he said.

“I already told her eleven, Mady!” Sydney called.

“Ready, hi grandma!” Mady said happily.

“Hello sweetheart, I’m so excited to see your project” Vicki said to her.

“Where’s grandpa?” she asked.

“Oh he’s at home in the studio working on some new music” Vicki said.

Why?” Bradley asked, Sydney slapped his arm.

“Okay let’s go, we’re going to be late!” Sydney said “Have fun at the pep rally” she said kissing Bradley’s cheek.

“I’ll try” he said.

"Bye daddy!" Mady said.

"Good luck sweetheart" Bradley said kissing the top of her head.

~*~


“Kyle!” Harry said getting his attention.

“Hey, you came” Kyle said as Harry entered the gym where the bleachers quickly filled up.

“Course!” he said “Gabs is on newspaper duty” he said pointing across the gym to his daughter Gabriela.

“Brings back memories doesn’t it?” Kyle asked.

“Sure does” Harry said.

“Well you better get a seat, they’re filling up fast” Kyle said to him.

“Good luck” Harry said to him as he climbed up onto the bleachers.

“Thanks” Kyle said chuckling lightly, Kyle looked down at the cards in his hands.

Bradley walked down the halls, towards the gym when he approached the library doors, he then looked at the lockers across from the library. He leaned up against them and closed his eyes.

“What are you doing?” Bradley asked

“I think I lost my phone, I can’t find it anywhere” Neilson said.

Bradley reached into the back pockets of Neilson’s jeans.

“Hey!” Neilson said.

“Nope not there” Bradley said smacking his butt.

“You really need to quit touching my ass” Neilson said laughing.

“I’m sorry…it’s just…really squishy, I like it” Bradley said as Neilson laughed.

“You are so messed up” he said.

“It’s probably in your backpack” he said

“No, I already looked, here hold this" Neilson said handing him a stack of books "And this" he said handing him another small stack of books "And that" he said adding his sketchbook to the pile.

"You got Jimmy Hoffa in there too?" Bradley asked him.

The doors at the end of the hall opened and Damien appeared, he began to stroll towards them.

"Oh what the hell is this" Bradley said

"What?" Neilson asked, still looking in his locker.

"Psycho boy is back" Bradley whispered to him.

Neilson turned to look "I thought they suspended his ass?" he asked.

"They did" Bradley said.

“I should really go over there and knock his ass out” Neilson said.

“Yeah later, come on” Bradley said to him. A wicked smile began to cross Damien’s face as he made his way closer, Bradley was about to turn back to Neilson when he saw the gun firmly clamped in Damien's hand, the metal reflecting in the hallway lights.


“Bradley!” a voice said, bringing him back to present day, Natalie stood before him “You okay?” she asked concerned.

“Huh? Yeah, yeah I’m okay” he said “Guess I zoned out there” he said.

“I guess I can understand why…this is where uh…it happened, right?” she asked.

“Where I got shot…yeah” he said as they walked down the hallway.

“Strange place to start the reminiscing” she said.

“Only thing from high school I actually remember” he said “Where’s Neilson?” he asked.

“Oh yeah like he was going to let me drag him here…speaking of which, what are you doing here?” she asked.

“I’m here for my daughter” he said.

“Syd guilt tripped you” Natalie said.

“Oh yeah” he said “My mom too”

“Ouch” she said to him as they walked on.

~*~


“Here you are” Natalie said sitting next to Joey “Great seats” she said.

“I told Rach I’d cheer her on from the front row” Joey said to her.

“That’s sweet” Natalie said patting his hand.

Hello…Joe” Bradley said sliding next to Joey’s other side, he looked at Natalie nervously.

“Don’t worry I’m right here if he tries to do anything to you” she said to him.

The Cheerleaders cartwheeled and backflipped onto the basketball court before showing off their newest routine “GO WILDCATS!” they cheered to thunderous applause.

“Good afternoon everyone” Cecily said stepping up to a microphone “And welcome to our alumni assembly honoring the graduating class of 2010!” Cecily said as everyone cheered. “Let’s welcome our first speaker, our favorite football coach, history teacher, former two-time MVP, and class of 2010 alumni, Kyle Richardson!” Cecily said into the microphone, everyone applauded as Kyle stepped up to the microphone.

“Hey, everyone, thanks for being here today, I look forward to catching up with my former classmates tonight at the reunion, but for right now, I want to talk about someone who was very near and dear to all of us, Coach William Reinhart who sadly passed away a few days ago” Kyle said sadly. “For some of us, he was just our gym teacher or our football coach, but to me…he was my mentor, he taught me everything he knew and it’s because of him that I can do the job I do today, so let’s take a moment of silence in remembrance of coach…thank you” Kyle said as the gym fell silent, everyone bowing their heads.

Kyle looked up quickly to catch a glimpse of someone entering the gym and standing in the shadows before quickly fleeing.

“Thank you coach Richardson” Cecily said “And now our…” Cecily’s voiced faded as Kyle ran into the halls, looking around confusedly at the empty hallways.