- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Next day I woke up to nightmare. I felt sweat every inch of my body. I heard door open to my room and someone called my name worried.

“Cara? You okay?”
“Nick… I had most awful nightmare.”

I started to cry and he put me to a hug after sitting on the bed.

“It’s okay. You are safe now.”
“My dad… It was the day when was the car accident.”
“Oh Cara… I know how you feel.”
“It was terrible.”

Nick moved away from hug and touched my cheek and hair gently. I know he was worried. I really didn’t see anything. Just felt his touch. I’m wondering what he is thinking so I asked.

“What are you thinking?”
“Just want to be sure that you are OK.”
“I’m now that you are here.”

I smiled and moved tears away from my cheek. He chuckled little and moved next tears from my cheeks and eyes that were falling down.

“I’m glad to hear that I can help. Good that I was next room, right?”
“Yeah. Thank you, Nick.”
“You are welcome. Are you ready to go for breakfast?”
“What time is it?”
“8am ish.”
“Wow. I slept like 8 hours.”
“I only 6 hours.”
“What kept you awake?”
“I was thinking things.”
“Well I’m hungry. Can you help me to dinner room?”
“It’s my pleasure to help you always.”
“I want to change first?”
“Sure. Want some help?”

I knew he tried to be nice and helpful, but I didn’t want to be naked in front of him, but in the end I wasn’t going to see his reaction to my body anyway so am I going to?
“Cara? I’m only kidding. I know you can do it yourself.”
“What you had said if I say yes?”

He stayed very silence few seconds after that. I didn’t wait his answer and I got up from the bed. I walked to my suitcase help by the wall and furniture. I wasn’t sure if he was watching, but I heard him moving.

“I’ll go wait other side of the door. Holler me if you need help.”
“You didn’t answer my question.”
“What you want me to say?”
“I don’t know.”
“Do you want me to go?”
“Do you want to stay?”
“Do you want me to stay?”
“I asked first.”

He chuckled and I chuckled after him. Few seconds later I felt his hands on my shoulders. I didn’t know what he was going to do. I just stayed still to not to move. I don’t know how long we were silent, but it felt like 2 minutes.

“I don’t know how you could help me. I’ve changed my clothes many times myself.”
“I can give you clothing and you put it on.”
“But you are still going to see me naked.”
“I can look away.”
“Sure. How am I going to know that you won’t look?”
“You don’t. I’m here to help. Nod if you want my help.”

I really didn’t know what I was going to do. Why did I care so much? I don’t know how my body looks and I have some scars on my back and stomach. I sighed deep and took my pj’s pants off. Kevin would kill Nick if he knew he’s helping me. Taking wrong picture or something, but I didn’t care. I was blind and have hopes to fall in love someday. Maybe to Nick…

“Here’s skirt that I think would look nice on you.”
“Thanks. Can you find me some bra and top?”
“Sure.”

I heard awkwardness in his voice. He shouldn’t be embarrassing about this whole thing. I’m the one stripping in front of him. I was about to take shirt off when I heard Kristen’s voice calling my name.

“Shit… You need to hide.”
“Where? I’m very tall guy.”
“Under the bed.”

I wasn’t sure did he go under it, but my bedroom door opened.

“Morning, Cara. Kevin asked me to come see if you are awake.”
“Morning, Kris. Yes I’m awake and changing clothes.”
“Need help?”
“No. I’ve done this many times. Do I smell coffee?”
“Oh yes. I have cup of coffee on my hand.”
“Could you go and make my plate ready?”
“Of course. What you want?”
“Bacon, eggs, bread… You decide.”
“How about pancakes?”
“Even better.”
“Alright. Pancakes it is. Need help with leading to dinner room?”
“I’ll manage.”
“Kevin wants to ask something from you later.”

I nodded only to respond and Kristen left the room. I don’t know where Nick went, but he did hid good. I started whisper and listen any noise.

“Nick? You here?”
“That was close one.”
“You need to go.”
“That’s probably good idea.”
“Kevin will kick your ass if he knows you are here when I’m almost naked.”
“It’s going to be worth it.”
“Pervert.”

He walked around and felt his hand on mine.

“I’ll wait outside. May I do the honor to take you to dinner room?”
“What are you going to say when Kristen asked where were you?”
“Why would she ask that?”
“You slept right next to my room and she must’ve notice empty bed.”
“I could say I used your bathroom.”
“What am I supposed to say when Kristen asks why I didn’t mention you in the bathroom?”
“You just say that you didn’t know until she left.”
“I guess that would work, but you would be still the one sneak in my room.”
“Don’t worry. I got the plan.”

He gave me kiss to my forehead and pulls me to warm and long hug. I love how he smells and I inhaled his scent. If I’m correct, he smelled just like when I was in his 20th birthday. He pulled away from hug and I stop him to move away.

“Wait.”
“What?”
“I want to see you.”
“Okay.”

I moved my hands up to his face and finger tipped every part of his face. When I touched his lips, he was smiling or in this case he was smirking. His skin was so soft. I just didn’t want to move my hands away from his cheek that I was now touching. He was much older than when I last time met him. He had some stubble at the jaw area and chin area. That was very manly. He chuckled little when I moved slowly up to his hair. It was very messy. He must’ve looked so hot. He started to talk now when I moved to his eyes.

“Like what you touch?”
“Your skin is so soft. Need to shave though.”
“That’s the plan to do later.”
“Please do. I hate it.”

He chuckles little and moves away from me slowly. I wanted to touch him more. How about his ears? Eye brows? Nose? My lips against his? Before I can stop myself, I said out loud.

“I never had kissed no one. Never felt someone’s lips on mine.”
“Why are you saying this to me?”
“Please kiss me.”
“What?”
“Just once.”
“You are crazy. I can’t.”
“Why? Because of Kevin?”
“Yeah. You are his niece.”
“So? I’m old enough.”
“Why you want me to kiss you?”
“Because no one hasn’t”
“That’s not it. Be honest.”
“I’m honest.”
“You are blushing.”
“I’m feeling little awkward to ask to kiss me.”
“Cara… Do you know how old I am?”
“Yes. You are 28.”
“Exactly. You are 22.”
“It’s just one stupid kiss.”
“Stupid? You call this stupid?”

I couldn’t respond to him when he started to kiss me roughly, but he stopped when he notice me to not answering to his kiss. He pulls away and sighs.

“Now you’ve been kissed.”
“That was… Awful.”

I only teased him to make him just kiss me again. Maybe this time he would just kiss me gently.

“That’s first time someone said I’m awful kisser.”
“I wouldn’t know if you didn’t kiss so rough.”
“Well I’m sorry princess. Would you like very nice sweet wet kiss?”

I really didn’t know how far he was standing, but I manage to slap him hard to his cheek. Whole room was echoing from the smack sound. I guess blind people can be cruel too. I heard him saying “ouch” when I smack him.

“Whatta fuck, Cara?”
“I’m sorry, prince. Did I smack too hard?”
“Yeah. Gosh… What am I going to explain to others when they see my cheek?”
“Well that’s good excuse for me. You sneak to my bathroom while I was sleeping.”
“I guess so. Was kiss too rough?”
“Yes. There wasn’t passion in it.”
“It was just one stupid kiss.”
“Stupid? I didn’t even have time to respond it.”
“Can we just drop this and go to breakfast?”
“Sure. Let me just…”

I removed my pj’s shirt off and started to look for shirt. Nick put shirt on my hand and I heard him to move around. Maybe he looked away so I can put it on. I put shirt on and after that I brush my hair with my fingers. I felt Nick stand right next to me and started to help me brushing my hair with hairbrush. He was so gentle. Why couldn’t he kiss like gentle? Maybe I pissed him off?

“Did I piss you off with the kiss question?”
“Cara… We promised to drop it.”
“I know, but do you really kiss that rough?”
“Usually women kiss me roughly.”
“You like rough kiss?”
“No.”

I waited him to continue, but he didn’t.

“Then what kind?”
“Passion.”
“Like in the movies?”
“Just like in the movies.”
“I really liked the scene from Titanic when they kissed.”
“They kissed in many scenes.”
“They did?”
“Yeah. First in the bow.”
“Oh right… I’m flying Jack.”
“That’s very romantic kind of kiss.”
“Would you call it as passion kiss?”
“Not as much when they were in the back seat of the car.”
“I liked that one.”

Nick stopped brushing my hair and moved away. I keep wondering how would feel like to be kissed like that when Jack kissed Rose. No one never would love me the way Jack loved Rose. It only lasted 1 day.

“Ready to go now, Cara?”
“Yeah. I’m ready.”

We walked to dinner room and everyone gasp when they see us. Kevin asked right away what happened to Nick’s cheek. He told them that it was his own stupidity. We told them the plan we talked earlier. About Nick sneaking to my bathroom while I was sleeping. When I knew he was there I manage to smack his face. I heard that they might buy it. Kevin was little bit pissed at Nick to going to my bathroom while I’m still sleeping, but I said that it was okay. For now on he knew to not mess up with me. He knew how my smacking to face felt like.

Kristen said that Kevin wanted to talk to me and he asked me if I could play some piano to everyone in the living area. I couldn’t say no. I wanted to show uncle how good I’ve been get. I started to play something that my dad loved to hear every time I play it. I learned to play Faith Hill’s song called There You’ll Be. My mom always cried when she heard the song from the radio or someone singing it. Middle of the song, I stopped and start to cry. Why did I play the song? It’s just brought back memories of my dad. Someone sit next to me on the stool and pulled me to a hug. It was Kristen. I told her why I stopped and she understood. I asked her to help me to go outside to sit. And she did. I don’t know how long I was sitting outside, but I fall asleep.
Day went fast as yesterday and it was time to go bed again and I was leaving back home tomorrow. I hope I could stay little longer, but my mom is alone in New York and I miss home. Kristen helped me to my room and I said that I’ll be fine my own. She told me that if I need anything, just to ask Nick who is right next to my room. I nodded and said thank you.

I changed to my pj’s and start to listening talking book from my ipod. I didn’t hear knocking on my door until I felt someone touch my shoulder. I removed my headphones off my head and asked who was it.

“Sorry. It’s Nick.”
“Whatta crap, Nick. You scared hell out of me. I thought you are sleeping.”
“Yeah I know. I couldn’t sleep. I kept thinking about this morning.”
“What about it?”
“I think I owe you.”
“Owe me? Are you drunk?”
“No I’m not drunk. Cara…”

He touched my cheek carefully and I shivered bit for his touch.

“I want to give you goodnight kiss.”
“Which cheek you want to kiss?”
“Not cheek.”

I waited his continue talk but I felt his lips on my lips. Not roughly, but so gently and sweetly. Am I dreaming? Did I fall asleep through listening talking book? I pinched myself and winched when I felt my pinch. We apart from the kiss and he asked me concern.

“What did you do?”
“Just pinched myself.”
“Why did you do that?”
“To make sure I wasn’t dreaming.”
“Have you been seeing dreams about me kissing you?”
“No.”

I answered too fast. He knew I wasn’t telling the truth. He chuckled and touched my hand.

“It’s okay, Cara.”
“It’s not.”
“Of course it is. I know you have a crush on me.”

How did he know that?

“No I don’t.”
“Don’t deny it. I’ve known since last night.”
“I was only sitting on your lap. That doesn’t proof anything.”
“Really? If you didn’t have crush on me, you wouldn’t sit on my lap.”
“I didn’t want to sit on sand.”
“You are amazing, Cara.”
“That’s random comment.”
“I know and it’s true. Want to know something else that no one knows?”
“If you want to tell me.”

He moves near to my ear and whispers something that I was shocked about. I couldn’t move any muscle of mine. He just said that he has crush on me too. Am I going to denied still that I’m not crush on him or am I going to say that “me too”?

“Cara? You are so quiet.”
“I… I have no idea… Wow.”
“Last night when we talked on the dinner table and then went to walk, I wanted to get to know you more.”
“Nick… But I’m not…”

He hushed me to put finger on my lips to not talk.

“Just listen to me. I know that us dating is wrong and Kevin won’t except it, but how about we keep it secret?”
“But Nick, I’m not crush on you.”
“Why you keep denying it? I know you do.”
“But why me? I can’t see shit. I’m fucking blind.”
“Cara… Let me tell you something.”

I was waiting him to tell me what he was thinking but then from surprise, he starts to sing.

“I don’t care who you are, where you’re from, what you did. As long as you love me. Don’t care who you are, where you’re from, what you did. As long as you love.”

His voice was so amazing and beautiful. Maybe he doesn’t care who I am and where I’m from…
He stopped singing and we stayed quiet for few minutes until he started to speak.

“What are you thinking right now?”
“I’m speechless. That was beautiful.”
“Goodnight, Cara. Sleep well.”
He gave me one kiss to corner of my lips and walked out my room. I sat on bed quietly long time thinking about what just happened. Was I really going to tell him how I felt? Should I go to him and tell him now? I decided 5 minutes later of thinking that I had to go now. I got off the bed and walked to door, but I had no idea how furniture are in the fireplace room. Am I really going to risk it?

I opened the door quietly as possible to not make door crack. I took first 2 steps out the room and listened noises around me, but nothing. I was helpless right now. I didn’t know if he was sleeping or not. I started to whisper and walked near the wall on my right.

“Nick? Are you still awake?”

I heard some movement and walked towards it.

“Cara? What’s wrong?”
“I need to talk to you. Lead me to you with your voice.”
“You are silly.”

I follow his voice and chuckled.

“Stop making me laughing and help me get to you.”
“Then follow my voice.”

He sounded very seductive. I followed his voice and reached him no problem.

“Hey… That was interesting to watch.”
“Stop it. No blind jokes.”
“It wasn’t joke. You looked so…”
“Yes. Finish the sentence.”
“You looked very seductive.”
“Right… And cows flies.”

He moves me closer to him and puts me to his lap to face him. His hands go behind my back to hold me to not letting me go.

“Nick… What is happening between us? Are you really interested of me?”
“Everything that I said to you earlier is true. I really want to get to know you better.”
“Well… I think I’m willing to take the risk to know what will happen.”
“Yeah? There’s but somewhere, right?”
“But I’m leaving tomorrow back to New York and I’m Kevin’s niece.”
“I know. Let’s just take this slow and see what happens. I’ll come visit you as much as I can.”
“What about my mom? I’m still living with her.”
“We can tell her I’m your friend and she does know me.”
“And friends do go out for dinners or lunches.”
“Exactly.”

I really didn’t know what I was doing, but I was enjoying being on his lap close to him. I didn’t know what got into me that moment but I search his face with my hand and lean down to kiss him passionately. He must’ve been surprised because he little moaned and moved his hand from behind my back to my cheeks. I have to admit, this was must better kissing than the rough kiss he gave me first time. I don’t know how long we kissed, but I had to break the kiss for get air. He didn’t even stop. He moves to kiss my shoulder and then neck. Oh no… Not the neck… I started to giggle and struggle to move away. He stopped when he notice me being ticklish.

“Are you ticklish?”
“Yes. Mostly neck area.”
“Yeah? Good to know.”

He started to kiss again my neck and I started to laugh hard. I’ve must wake up someone with my loud laugh because there was knocking at the door. Nick stopped quickly kissing and moved me gently to sit on bed. I couldn’t help but still smile after when Nick walked to door.

“Yeah? Who is it?”
“It’s Howie. Can you keep it down?”
“Yeah… Sorry.”
“People are sleeping.”

I heard Nick opening the door and I stand up from the bed.

“Hey D… We are not tired yet so… We were just talking.”
“And he started to tickle me.”

There was silence and then Howie talked.

“Please go to bed. Cara’s flight is leaving 10 am and she need to be there at least 8 am.”
“I’m fine, Howie. Thanks to be concern.”
“Make sure she goes to bed, Nick.”
“Sir, Yes Sir.”
“I’m serious, Nick.”
“Yeah, yeah… I got it.”
“Goodnight, Cara.”
“Night, Howie.”

Nick closed the door and few second I felt his hands around my waist. Sometimes I wish to just see and know how he looks like.

“That was close one.”
“I should get some sleep.”
“You sure?”

I felt his lips on my shoulder and nearly close to my neck.

“Yes. Please stop. I’m gonna laugh again.”
“Too bad. I like to kiss your neck.”
“And I really like it, but we need to stay quiet.”
“I can arrange that.”
“Do I dare to even ask?”

He didn’t say anything to that and started to lead me to somewhere. I had a feeling that we were going to my room. After he helped me to sit on bed, he closed the door.

“Are we in my room?”
“Where else? Only room next to fireplace room is this room and hallway.”
“So what are we going to do in my room?”
“I’m going to kiss your neck.”

He wasn’t serious, right? I was wrong though. He crawled on bed and was behind me when I was still sitting edge of the bed. I know I didn’t need to close my eyes, cause I didn’t see anything but I did and he started to kiss my neck and I try to not laugh. Nick chuckled little when I was struggling to not laugh. He asked me if I wanted him to stay overnight in my room next to me. He must’ve been crazy. I know uncle Kevin or Kristin will come tomorrow morning to wake me up. It would be hell of surprise to see Nick sleeping next to me. I asked Nick if he was serious. And he said that he will put alarm to his cellphone to know when to move to his own bed. Sounded very smart, but will we risk it? I wanted to know how to feel sleep on next to man that I like. I agreed that he could stay. I lay down on bed and it took 1 minute to Nick lay next to me. I snuggle closer to him and notice that he’s shirtless. This is so bad. He didn’t mind me snuggle close to him. He put his arms around me and kissed top of my head. I was curious to feel his pare chest so I moved my hand on his chest and smiled. He noticed my smile because he asked me why I was smiling. I said very quietly that I thought he feels very sexy. He chuckles for that and I asked why he laughs. No one ever said that he feels sexy. Mostly just saying he looks sexy. I’m lucky to be first one to say that. I was going to sleep happy tonight. I really didn’t want to sleep but my eyes started to feel so heavy. I don’t know how long it took me to fall asleep. Last thing I remember him saying goodnight and sweet dreams to my ear. I’ve might said him back, but I was already in my dreamland.