- Text Size +
Yes, I know its been awhil since i last updated, but I've been so busy with school and the School play, which I made by the way!!! :D Also, I want to take this time to acknowledge some of my wonderful reviewers who have been with me since the very beginning of this story. Honestly, at that time I didn't know how it would turn out, but through ya'lls (yes I'm southern) encouragement I've come a long way.

SweetAngelicAngel: You've been with me from the beginning and have always managed to help me get through my writers block. You've made me laugh with a few of your reviews and made me ponder scenerios I didn't even consider. You've kept on me when I don't update for awhile! So thanks so much!

sweet18_2003: One of my loyal readers! You've always complimented me. Its a good thing I don't become egotistical, or else I would be able to fit through door from all the compliments I have recieved. I appreciate your reviews so much, and here's props to you for sticking by me through this process!

sta:always there when I need encouragement. Especially when I was debating to just put the story on hiatus. Thanks so much.

Ashahole212: Your reviews crack me up and bring a smile to my face. You always give a summary of what happened and your opinions on the events that took place during each individual chapter. Thanks so much, and I always look forward to reading your reviews.

frackandbonechick: So many comments, where to begin. You crack me up too. You've cheered on Alyssa when she walked out on Nick, questioned my sanity when I had Nick write that letter and a whole heap of stuff. I know you like the asshole side of Nick! Why I have no idea, hey, but whatever floats your boat is fine and dandy with me. You've been with me since the beginning of the story and have given me many words of encouragement! So thanks so very much.

So this update is for all those that have read my story and left me a review. You have no idea how much it means to me when I click on the "view reviews" box and see new reviews. It makes a bad day good again.

Okay, now go read my updated chapter!


*****************************************************







Weeks went by and Nick still hadn't heard an answer from Alyssa pertaining to his letter. He still had no idea what posessed him to write it, but after he had dropped if off at her place, he was glad he actually grew some balls and did it. At the time he had expected to have heard a reply within two, maybe three days. But as the days slowly crept by all hope faded away.

Sure they had talked, over the phone, but it was usual everyday stuff. She asked how Tyler was, what he had been doing and then asked to speak to him. That was all the communication they had. He prayed every night she would respond. But for some reason, his prayers were never answered.

He climbed out of te bed and went walking around the room. It was his and Alyssa's room when they had first got married, but ever since he had left, it was just her room. Now that she was gone, it was his. But she was still there. Every essence about her was still present in the beautifully decorated room. It was a spacious area, but not too big that the occupants would be smothered with its vastness. The walls were mainted a dark maroon color and there were hints of gold glitter within the paint. There was a huge bookcase on one wall, with two small, comfortable chairs sitting in perfect comparison in front of the window. The bed was by far the focal point of the entire room. It was a canopy bed, picked out by Alyssa two weeks before they had married. She had fallen in love with its splendor. It was of dark everwood, and had engravings all through it. At the top, there were statues of Greek gods and godesses carved into the wood. Most were of Aphrodite, the goddess of love. Sheer drapes hung down from the top of the bed and encircled around the poles. The headboard, was a masterpiece in itself. It was picturesque. It contained a carving of two lovers by the sea sharing, holding hands, watching the sunset.

So many memories were present in the room. Pictures on the wall of every important occasion on the wall. He waled over to one of them and a small smile appeared on his face. It was taken the day he and Alyssa had met. She was a little starstruck, but unlike most of his fans during that day, she kept her cool and had kept up a lively conversation. That was the one quality that attracted him to her. That and her tantalizing eyes. They were so mystical in their green aura. He remembered how he could stare at them for hours on end and not look away. Then their was her smile, so bright and welcoming that anyone who saw it would smile as well. He could still remember that day vividly, the smell of the air around them, the noises they heard, but most of all he remembered just her.

He glanced at another picture and couldn't help but smile. It was a picture taken on their wedding day. It wasn't one of those formal pictures the photographers make each couple do, but instead it was of a moment Nick didn't even realize had been captured on the film. He and Alyssa were dancing in the middle of a large crowd, their expressions were ones that showed love, adoration, trust, respect, and all other emotions that lifted a person to a place where he only knew the other person existed. They were staring into each others eyes, oblivious to all that was going on around them. The love both of them shared was evident and unmistakable. Alyssa looked like an angel that night. Her dress, made by Vera Wang was simple but elegant. The top of the dress was like a corsett with small, barely noticible diamonds on it, the bottom flowed out a few good inches, making it not so tight. Her hair was up, with small ringlets hanging around her face and a few at the back. It was accented with small flowlers intertwined within her hair. Of course Nick noticed all of these, but at that night all he rememebered were her eyes and her smile. The way they both radiated the happiness she felt inside.

Then finally he glanced at one final picture. It was of just Alyssa and Tyler, he was no where to be seen. Tyler was probably barely one. He had a small smile on his face, the same Nick had when he was that age. It was so obvious the kid was Nick's, they looked alike in baby pictures. He looked at Alyssa, who looked happy, but it was obvious something was straining her happiness. He knew it was because of him. That was when they had started having all their relationship problems. He would go back and change it if he could, but it was impossible.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair in frustration. He looked around the room one more time before plopping down on the bed and staring straight out into oblivion, thinking about times past and what the future would bring.

"Daddy?" Tyler walked into his room, a few hours later pulling his small security blanket behind him. He looked over at his kid who was staring back at him with curious eyes. It seemed as if he had had a bad dream.

"What is it Tyler?" Nick questioned patting the bed next to him knowing the kid was waiting for permission to joing his father on the bed.

Nearly running at full force, Tyler raced out and jumped on the bed, crawling next to his father and snuggling against him. "Daddy?"

"Yes Tyler?" He asked for the second time, smiling down at the boy who seemed to now have a worried expression on his face.

"Daddy I had a bad dream." He said snuggling in next to Nick, who wrapped a protective arm around the boy.

"It's okay Tyler. It's okay." He whipered soothingly. "Tell me what happened."

"It was about mommy. She went away and never came home." He explained in very simple terms, unable to describe the full jist of the dream and what it meant

Nick could sympathize with the boy. He understood what he was going through and could very easily interperate what the dream meant. He just didn't know how to explain it to the young boy.

"Its okay Tyler. It was just a dream." He tried to reassure him.

"Daddy, is mommy ever coming home?" Tyler asked a few minutes later, looking up at his dad, eyes hopeful, pleading with him to say yes.

Nick had no idea as to how to answer the question. He himself had no idea if Alyssa would be coming home or not. He sighed. He knew he was going to have to break the kids heart. "I don't think so." He whispered looking into the child's crystal blue eyes.

Tyler racked his brain, trying to comprehend what his father said. His mom wasn't coming home, but yet he was able to speak to her on the phone. How was that possible? She wanted to, she had told him herself, but why couldn't she? Where was she that kept her from coming home to play with him, to hug him, to read him to sleep? He just didn't understand it.

Nick saw the confusion in Tyler's eyes, but how could he explain it to him? "Tyler, mommy and I had a big fight and now mommy doesn't want to be near me." Nick scolded himself for the poor exclamation. How would Tyler understand that. Luckily for him, Tyler resorted to just staying quiet, possibly letting all the information he had obtained sink in.



*****




Drawing the covers around her, Alyssa settled in for what would be another sleepless night. Ever since the letter, she couldn't sleep. each day passed without her reply, and she knew that with each passing day their chances grew smaller and smaller. But a part of her didn't care about that possibility. She didn't know if she could just forget about all the pain, the heartache, the stress, the nights without his tender touch. She didn't think either of them would be able to get through that and try again. She wanted to, there was no question of that, but she just didn't know if his entire heart would be in it. Sure his letter seemed sincere and he seemed trustworthy, but after a few days she started questioning the sincerity. She didn't know why, but she highly doubted it was possible for a person to pull a complete one-eighty in that small amount of time.

But there went her heart again, beating ever so fast at the mere thought of him. No matter what she did she could never hide the deep layers of feelings she had for that man. She tried day and night to occupy her mind and not think of him, but all attempts failed. She would crawly back to him on her hands and knees pleading to come home if not for her rational brain which whispered words of doubt and plagued her night and day with unpleasant memories.

She groaned against her pillow and finally accepted defeat. She was not going to sleep and that made her angry. In the past week she hadn't even accomplished eight hours of sleep. She had bags under her eyes from it, but was always able to conceal it with the right makeup products. She thought of her job. She had recieved two paychecks. Both were over four hundred dollars, after taxes of course. When she recieved the first one, she treated herself to a nice, comfortable pair of shoes for work which diminished all blisters. She even opened her own banking account and savings account. She was throughly pleased with herself for the past six weeks. Then her mind started up at the mentioning of time.

Six weeks was a long time. She hadn't seen Tyler in those agonizing weeks. She knew that at his age, he was experiencing many firsts and she was missing out on them. This realization brought tears to her eyes. She had to do something about the situation, but what she didn't know.

She glanced at her clock and it read 1:00am. She looked towards her phone and reluctantly grabbed it from her nightstand. She was going to swallow her pride, which was something she rarely did. Looking at the buttons near her fingers she mentally prepared herself for what she was about to do.