- Text Size +
The coolness of the room hit all three of them as they walked in from the humid Florida air into the nice hotel suite they'd be staying in for the next five days. It was lavishly decorated, all the necessities one could need and more. The place even had a dining room! Tyler had his own room at one end of the suite along with a guest bedroom, and the master bedroom was on the opposite end from those two. The kitchen was lovely, and the living room was very cozy with white plush couches, elegant rugs, even a big screen television with DVD and VHS player hooked up!

"Well, let's go get out stuff unpacked Tyler." Alyssa said grabbing his bag from the front door and heading towards his room, Nick on their heels, not knowing what to do. Alyssa busied herself by putting Tyler's clothes up, setting out all his favorite toys, and then some, trying to make it seem more like home to him. Nick was just standing in the doorway, not knowing what to do.

"Daddy!" Tyler hollared at him, while his mom was left in the closet hanging up his clothes. "Look what I can do." The kid bounced on the bed, getting higher by the second. Nick was laughing then his heart leaped in his throat.

"TYLER!!!" His mom hollared out, while watching him dive from the bed over the open floor. She couldn't get there fast enough. Nick, from his standing postition dived out and caught him before his head hit the floor. The fall knocked both guy's breath out of them, but it was far better than what could have actually happened.

Alyssa dropped everything she had and scooped up her baby who was crying bloody murder. "Why did you do that! You know better. You could have gotten seriously hurt baby.!" She didn't mean to sound so mean, but he had scared the wits out of her.

Nick got off the floor, finally regaining his breath. "Tyler! Why in God's name did you do that?" He questioned taking the boy from Alyssa. "Why? You scared me, you know that right?"

"Daddy, I sorry. I jus wanted to see if I fly!" He tried to explain letting a few more tears run down his face.

"Buddy please don't do that again. You could have gotten hurt."

"I won't daddy, I promise." He tried to smile and squirmed to get down.

"Mommy, are you mad?" He questioned.

"No baby." She said scooping him up in her arms and putting him beside her on the bed. "You just scared mommy. You know I'm going to have to punish you for this right?" Tyler nodded, his head hung down. "Because of that, we're not going to Disney World today, but we'll go tomorrow." The kid looked up, pleading with his eyes to change his moms eyes, but it didn't work. "Now stay in here and play with your toys, I need to go unpack my clothes too." Tyler rushed over to his beloved toys, thankful she hadn't taken those away from him.

Both Nick and Alyssa left the room in quietness. Both surrounded by their own nightmarish thoughts of what could have actually happened. Alyssa went into the master bedroom, and surprisingly Nick followed her, like a lost puppy. She sat down on the bed and covered her face with her hands, taking in some deep realxing breaths. She felt the bed move as another form sat down next to her. She looked up and smile.

"He's okay. It's all right." Nick tried to calm her down.

"I know. It just scared the shit out of me." She whispered.

"You ain't the only one."

"Thank you. That could have been serious if he would have hit."

"I know, but he didn't, so relax." She laughed. How could he be calm after that.

"Okay, I'm fine now." She said standing up and grabbing her suitcases that were left at the door and coming back in the room. She tossed them on the bed and opened up the contents. She quickly emptied the contents, putting them in neat piles before putting them up in designated areas.

Simple things such as these always brought back memories for Nick of a time long ago, when he was on tour, and she was with him. The two always stayed togeher, but never in the same room until they were married. She would always do the same routine she was going through now, and then she'd go and do the same to his clothes! And usually when she'd finished they would always go and snuggled on the couch and watch a movie. But that wasn't the case today. After she had finished, she herself went to sit down on one of the couches switched the television on, leaving him to do his own stuff.


*****


He hated being alone. Tyler and Alyssa were both asleep, and that left him to nothing but his thoughts. They were so depressing, he didn't know how much longer he could deal with them. Sure, when he was around the two of them, he looked fine and dandy, but in all reality, that was the furthest from the truth. He had been dying inside more each day that passed. He didn't know why, he should be happy. He had a lovely family and a wife that adored him, but he didn't want that. He wanted the one thing that he could no longer have. He was washed up and had barely anything to give to those few fans that stayed with him all this time. Now, he was left with this. How was he supposed to support them. He couldn't exactly stay home everyday like they could, that would be to clausterphobic and suffocating. He needed some articistic escape, but what. He sighed and grabbed and pad of paper and a pen and scribbled a note to Alyssa letting her know he'd be back later. He was going to wash all his sorrows away, and he knew just where to do it.


*****


Stepping into the club, he was hit with loud music and the stench of hot bodies and alcohol. This was a favorite thing for him to do on tour, hit the clubs, get drunk and flirt with all the pretty girls. That was the life to him, never caring about the family he could be hurting who was waiting for him back at home. He went straight to the bar and ordered the strongest thing he could find. He turned around while drinking it and looked over the crowd. It wasn't a bad crowd for so early in the night. There were some cute girls grooving on the floor. He gulped down the last bit of the drink that sent his throat into a firey comforting sensation. He strolled over to a really cute blond and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and smiled and started grooving her midsection into his, practically screweing his right there on the floor. He wrapped an arm around her waist and brought her even closer pushing himself next to her and using his free hand free to roam any part of her body he chose to. Both parties were buzzed so it didn't really matter.

The hours passed, tons of nameless songs were played, many faceless partners came and went, all wanting to know if he'd like to get out of there, but to their disappointment he said no. He wasn't drunk to not know that he did have a family and that he knew better. But he was still having fun, getting his thrills from women's bodies so close to his own. He had drunk quite a few glasses of stuff and did quie a few shots and now he was throughly drunk. He looked down at his watch and realized that it was a little after midnight. Usually that would be fairly early for him, but not with his family waiting for him. He sighed disappointedly and heading for the exit. One of the bouncers stopped him before he had the chance to leave and did a thorough look over. He shook his head and motioned for one of his buddies to come over.

"Hey man, this guy is way to drunk to drive. Come with me and I'm going to drive him home, Follow me okay?" The tall muscular guy said holding at his hand for Nick's keys, which he gave up a little to willingly.

The ride back was a quiet one, except for when the guy asked where Nick lived. That was the only conversation. The car was parked, and the guy was towed away by his buddy that followed him, leaving Nick standing there, unsure of what to do. He looked over at the elevator and sighed. He hated elevators when he was drunk, they always churned his stomach, and no doubt this one would be a fast one.

Alyssa was drying her hair humming a soft tune. She was trying to busy herself, wondering where Nick went to. She'd woken up at a little after eight to discover his note and ever since then she became more paranoid by the hour. Tyler had been put back to bed with a friendly bed time story and a song sung by his mother. He still slept quietly, with the door barely cracked open.

She didn't hear him come in the room, nor did she sense him behind her as she crouched over trying to get the underneath of her hair dry. Standing back up straight, her heart leaped in her throat and she let out a small scream before putting her hand on her chest, taking a few relaxing breaths. "Nick you scared me." She said, still running the hair dryer through her hair. It was almost dry. Then she smellled it, the disgusting smell of alcohol, that seaped into anything and everything it could. The smell was sickening to her.

"Hey Lyssa, I'm home." He slurred. She rolled her eyes.

"Nick you're drunk, and where have you been." She sat the hair dryer down and turned around to him with her hands on her hips.

"I've been out." He said inching closer to her. She was puzzled, what was wrong with him. "I had a few drinks and a few dances and even a few offers, but I turned them down." He whispered, so close to her ear that his breath was hot and ticking. She turned away from him, not wanting to look at him. "Aww, honey don't turn away from me." He said grabbing her waist and pulling her back into him. She sighed, it had been awhile since she'd had any contact with him. His hands ran up her sides before resting on her shoulders where he slowly rubbed them in a sensual way. She was in heaven, but deep down she knew he was drunk and would more than likely regret this in the morning. That fear scared her, causing her form to freeze and Nick to turn her around and look at her with questioning eyes.