- Text Size +
This chap was written by Ana and me. Thanks, girl!



Melicia glanced across the street to see Ana occupying a full size basketball court off to the backside of her house. There was a tall man defending the hoop as Ana quickly tried to side-swipe and make a pass, yet he blocked again. Finally, Ana just tackled him. When he hit the pavement, Ana scrambled up to make an easy lay-up. Melicia and AJ heard her laugh aloud as she jumped on his back, declaring her victory. It was an unusal break in Ana's laid back atmosphere. Melicia glanced to AJ with a glimmer of amusement. "I need to go invite her over for tomorrow. You stay here though, Babe, because I don't know what Ana would do to you with Dom by her side."

"But wouldn't it be good to go there now? There would be too many witnesses for her to kill me."

"Can I just invite her over to my house for the week without causing bloodshed?" Melicia groaned in complaint.

"Alright, Mella. I'll stay," he cooed, kissing her cheek.

"I love it when you obey," Melicia teased, hurrying up the large driveway.

AJ narrowed his eyes a little as he watched her. He looked over at the rose bush and he had an idea. Walking over, he took two of them and waited far enough from the court so he could still hear but couldn't be seen.

*~*~*

"KICKED YOUR ASS YET AGAIN, DOM! WHEN ARE YOU JUST GOING TO GET ON YOUR KNEES AND ADMIT I'M THE BEST?" Ana taunted teasingly, leaping onto Dominic's back yet again. The handsome boy laughed, immediately latching onto her bare slim legs. Ana thrust her hands into the air, giving the universal "rock" sign. She whooped in absolute delight, not knowing that Melicia had approached. "And we have another six days of this Dom! Six days of me being superior!"

"I think we have an audience," Dominic chuckled as he noticed Melicia.

Ana glanced to where Dominic craned his neck, smiling impishly as Melicia stepped forward. Ana stayed attached to Dominic's back, pushing him to go forward. She then jumped off his back, smoothing her short jean shorts and knotting her ADIDAS t-shirt above her belly button ring. "What brings you to the ass-kicking court of Anastacia, Clicky?" Ana asked curiously, tossing Dominic a cool bottle of water.

"Nothing much," Melicia replied as Ana gave her a water bottle as well. "I just came over to ask if you wanted to stay at my place for the week."

"Say-huh?" Ana asked in surprise as Dominic reached down to grab the rolling basketball.

"Well, I was talking to my uncle about you being alone this week because your dad was out of town. He suggested to invite you to stay with us."

"He did?" Ana asked curiously, wondering why Melicia hadn't thought of it first.

"Yeah. I had been kind of thinking about it, but didn't say anything because I didn't know if he would be okay with it."

"That's odd. I mean, it's great to offer and all, but Dom's here. I can handle myself for a week with Dom. Hell, my dad's been gone longer than a week before. I'll survive," Ana replied carefully, not wanting to impose.

"Well, I was just going to ask anyways--"

"Ana, don't be an ass," Dominic replied, interupting the two girls. He walked over, pulling Ana to the side. He mumbled a few words in her ear, before pushing her back toward Melicia. Dominic offered his tan hand toward Melicia. "I'm Dom and I definitely think she should spend the week with you and your uncle. She was just talking about how kind and loving you all are. She needs that type of family, even if it's just for the week. I can come up any time."

Melicia smiled and shook his hand. He was definitely a nice guy and very handsome. "Melicia. Was she really talking about us like that?"

"After I gave her a few beers," Dominic joked, pushing on Ana's shoulder.

"Ah, that's the kind of answer to expect from Ana's friends," Melicia laughed before turning to Ana. "What do you say?"

"I think Dom is going to get reemed out on the surf this coming weekend when I drown him," Ana replied, glaring toward Dominic. She really didn't want to impose on Melicia's family. She was better off in her own home. Yet, Dominic didn't seem to mind Ana's scornful glare. He simply offered a sly smile, leaning over to kiss her cheek.

"I mean, about my proposal for staying with us. I thought it would be really fun, we could do a lot of things and you could show me around Florida."

"Ana's fantastic at surfing, have you ever tried it?" Dominic interjected, noticing Ana stall.

"No, people really don't surf in New York," Melicia replied. "But I've always wanted to try."

"Ana, you should teach her," Dominic encouraged.

"Are you trying to kick yourself out of my house?" Ana asked bluntly, poking Dominic squarely in the chest.

"No! I just think it would be good for you and Melicia here to bond."

Ana glanced toward Melicia, offering an apologetic smile. For once, Melicia actually saw a tinge of pink in Ana's tan cheeks. "Clicky, it's not that I don't want to stay with you. I think it'd be freaking awesome. But I don't want to impose. I'm used to my father being out of town. I just invite a friend for as long as he's gone and I'm fine. I just don't want to put you or Mr. Dorough out."

"It wouldn't be imposing at all, Ana! Please, will you consider?"

Before Ana could make her decision, AJ came sauntering into the basketball court. Dominic looked absolutely confused as AJ hit his knees in front of Ana. Her frame stiffened dramatically as he offered a single red rose toward Ana, his head bowed down. The dramatic approach caused Melicia to hold her mouth with laughter. Ana crinkled her nose in confusion as she spoke to AJ, "Are y'all right?"

"I wanted to apologize for the way I acted when I barged in here like an idiot. I shouldn't have and I feel really bad about it. This rose is for you."

"You got that rose from out front, huh?" Ana questioned, actually accepting the rose.

"Well, it was a spur of the moment thing," he replied looking up at her.

"That's my mom's rosebush," Ana answered, letting her fingertips gently glide over the silky petals.

AJ winced, knowing he screwed it up again. "Man, I can't even apologize without doing something stupid--"

"Hey, chill it out, Mr. McLean," Ana called in the middle of AJ's ranting. When he continued to curse, Ana took an extreme measure to cup her hand against his moving mouth. Her blue-green eyes were wide with amusement as their eyes connected. "Thank you for apologizing. And, I love my Mom's roses, I should gather a vase of them more often. Thank you for reminding me."

He stopped rambling and she took her hand off of his mouth. "You forgive me?"

Ana nodded, smiling faintly as she tucked her rose behind her ear. "Yeah, an older guy coming toward me on his knees begging for forgiveness. Yeah, definitely scores in my book. Even if I ain't the romantic type."

AJ smiled back as he got up to his feet. He pulled out another rose and handed it to Melicia, who looked at him in question. "What's this for?"

"Because I should have trusted you in the first place. I'm sorry for acting like an asshole with you, too. I should have never freaked out and came over. That's where the whole entire problem started. So, I'm very, very, very sorry for my attitude. And, this is only the begining, Babe. I'd like to take you somewhere special on Friday," AJ encouraged, kissing her cheek.

A silly smile creeped on Melicia's face as she blushed, realizing Ana and Dominic where watching. "I forgive you. Where would we be going Friday?"

"It's a surprise, hopefully, Ana can cover for us with Howie?" AJ asked, glancing back to Ana for confirmation.

"You want me to hang out at Clicky's house Friday night and entertain her uncle so you two can go cause trouble?" Ana asked bluntly.

"Well, when she puts it like that..." Melicia shifted uncomfortably on her feet.

"We're not causing trouble. I'll just say that I wanted to catch a movie with you and Ana can cover saying she doesn't want to really go. If it's alright with her. It'll be fun, Babe, I promise," AJ encouraged.

Melicia looked at Ana hopefully. "I know it's a lot to ask, Ana. If you're not okay with it--"

"You want me to bond with your uncle? A man I hardly know?"

"Like I was going to say, if you're not okay with it, just say so."

Ana thought about it for a moment, conjuring a mental image of Howie in her mind. She admitted silently to herself that he was handsome and he seemed like a great guy to know. It'd just be like her hanging out with her friends. Ana shrugged her lean shoulders as Dominic pushed on her back, urging to accept. "I can do it, but if you get caught... I'm up and out in The Beast."

"Thank you so much, girl," Melicia smiled. "And if we do get caught, the best plan is to run. But we won't get caught."

"Alright, but what am I supposed to do with the man? Ask him to help wash The Beast?" Ana asked incredously as Melicia jumped into AJ's arms.

"Maybe y'all could come over here and play basketball or something... or go out on his boat."

"Sounds like you're setting me up for a date," Ana muttered with a faint roll of her striking eyes.

"Me? No way... that would be freaky, Ana Banana," Melicia made a face. "You're even younger than me."

"Exactly, Dom's more my type," Ana teased as Dominic seized her up into his arms. Ana laughed in surprise as he hugged her tight, kissing her cheeks. "Why don't I meet you over at your house later, Clicky? Let me finish playing with Dom."

"Sounds good. It was nice meeting you, Dom. Make sure to beat her ass at least once in basketball," Melicia replied with a smile.

"I don't think that's possible, but I'll try," Dominic encouraged, running back toward the in ground pool. Melicia laughed when she heard a large splash, obviously caused by Dominic jumping into the pool with Ana in his arms.

"She's awesome," AJ murmured as he wrapped his hands around Melicia's hands, walking toward her home.

"She is. A great friend to have for sure," she smiled, leaning up to kiss him. "So, where are you taking me Friday?"

"It's a secret."

"But I like knowing the secrets!"

"You'll know the secret - Friday."

"Man. I have to wait that long?"

"Yep, Baby, that long!"

"But it's only Monday!"

"Tough stuff. You have Ana to occupy you till then."

"But--"

"No, no chance."

Melicia sighed. "Fine, be that way."

AJ shrugged his shoulders, knowing that Melicia would become absolutely insane. He kept silent for a few moments, thinking over both Howie and Ana's reactions when consulted about one another. He glanced to Melicia with curiousity. "Did you notice that both Ana and Howie teased you about dating one another? Or was that just me?"

"Now that you mention it... they did, didn't they?" Melicia thought for a moment. "That would definitely be really freaky."

"You mean your friend dating your uncle? Or the age difference?"

"My friend dating my uncle... I mean, if they ever did date and it got serious... my aunt would be younger than me!"

"It's happened before with big families..." AJ drawled, not really concentrating too hard on the issue.

"Yeah, I guess so," she replied, biting her bottom lip as they walked to the door. "Hey, why don't we hang out at your place for a little bit? Just for like 45 minutes or something before Ana comes over."

"Sounds fine to me."

"Hold on, I'll tell Uncle Howie we're gonna head to the store," Melicia ran inside for a minute.

*~*~*

"Wow, so this is what it's like to not have to worry about being barged in on by Uncle Howie," Melicia replied as she pulled AJ down onto the couch, kissing him.

"Yeah, but we're taking it slow," AJ slowly reminded her, succumbing to the kisses. Howie had been so preoccupied with Ana coming over that he hardly questioned them about where they were going. He was more worried about making sure the guest room was properly cleaned and what not. So, AJ and Melicia had skipped out without any disasters occuring. They were free to do what they pleased, but AJ's heart warned him to slow down. Melicia was young.

"I know, I know," she replied. AJ made her feel things she had never felt with the few ex-boyfriends she had left back in New York, and was eager to experiment. It was like he made her forget how young she really was. "Doesn't mean we can't have fun, right?"

"We can have fun. I'm just not pushing the borders, alright?" AJ assured, kissing her gently.

"Mm-hmm," she mumbled, wrapping her arms around his neck. "So... what's my surprise on Friday?"

"That's one thing you're not getting out of me, Missy," AJ laughed, holding her close against his body. The simple exchange of body heat was enough to satisfy AJ.

"Damn it," Melicia cursed. She thought for a moment. "Did I mention that I like to know what's going to happen at all times? Will that make you tell me?"

"Nope, because surprises are highlights of life."

"Well, is it Friday yet, then?" she asked with a smile, running her hands through AJ's locks.

"No, Monday, and you have four more days of school," AJ teased.

"This sucks. I don't want to go to school."

"It's your last year of high school, then you get to make your calls with college."

"I am never going to be done with school," Melicia groaned.

"Or you can sponge off your uncle for life?"

"Well, no, Mama didn't raise me to be that."

"Then don't worry about it, Babe. I kind of wished I headed to college."

"You still can, you know. Lots of people do that."

"I know, but I'm a little busy at the moment."

"Oh, my poor, busy Pancake," she cooed, kissing him again.

"Yeah, just keep pampering me, Babe."

"I plan on it," she smiled before kissing his neck, giving the vein on the side a little attention.

AJ shivered in delight at the small kisses, finally pulling her up to his eye level. He smiled softly, leaning forward to plant a lovely kiss on her lips. "No matter how crazy I am about you. No matter how great of a kisser you may be. You're still not finding out about Friday."