- Text Size +
"Do you know what Ana said to me when you left to get changed?" AJ asked Melicia as he handed her a soda. He flopped down onto the couch, immediately wrapping his arm around Melicia's shoulder. They had skipped the movie entirely, just traveling back to AJ's house. AJ didn't care. He loved having Melicia all to himself.

"If I had left to go get changed, how would I know what she said?" Melicia teased, resting her head on his shoulder as she sipped on her soda.

"Bite me, smartass," AJ chuckled, ruffling her locks. "She told me that she didn't want to cock-block you."

"She said WHAT?!" Melicia choked on her soda.

"Yeah, that's what I thought! Can you imagine something so...I mean...that coming from her mouth? She just looks so innocent...." AJ exploded with laughter.

"I can't believe Ana said that to my boyfriend," Melicia groaned with a laugh as she set her soda on the coffee table.

"I told her were weren't do that kind of stuff... She apologized and stuff, saying that she knew you just liked to spend time alone with me... But it was so funny. Just Ana saying it out of nowhere."

"Yeah... out of nowhere..." Melicia trailed off. The hinting Ana had made was something that had been on her mind lately.

"You alright, Babe?" AJ asked, leaning over to kiss her cheek.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine," she lied, grabbing her soda and chugging the whole thing.

"Fine and needing a sugar rush, yeah, alright."

"Well, you would need it too if sex was the only thing on your mind and your boyfriend doesn't want it yet," Melicia blurted.

"Excuse me?" AJ wheezed.

Melicia's eyes grew wide as she realized what she said, starting to get off the couch. "N-Nothing. Forget it."

AJ reached outward, grabbing her by the shoulders. She yelped in surprise, falling backward onto the couch. AJ quickly straddled her to prevent her from leaving. "Sex has been on your mind?"

"Yeah... I know you want to wait until we got married, but--"

"But you want to have sex?"

"Yeah. I do," Melicia tore her gaze away from AJ's. The look that was in them made her heart beat fast. She knew he didn't want to have sex right then, what was the point of talking about it?

"Why?"

"Maybe because I love you. And it just seems like a natural thing to do when someone's in love."

"The only reason I didn't want to have sex with you, Mella, was because I didn't want to push our relationship. I love you, Baby. More than you realize. But I just didn't want you thinking that you were like every other girl I dated, because you're not. I just wanted to show you what we had was real..."

Melicia finally looked back at AJ, framing his face with her hands. "Alex... Sweetheart, I knew what we had was real when you told me you loved me. The way you said it and the look in your eyes... I just knew."

"I just wanted to do things right--"

"And you have! Oh my God, you have. No boyfriend from the past has treated me as well as you have. You make me feel like... feel like..." she tried to explain, but couldn't.

"Feel complete?" AJ tried, using his own source of feelings.

"Yeah. Something I haven't felt since my mom died..."

"I'll always be here for you, Baby," AJ promised, leaning down to kiss her softly. Melicia wrapped her arms around his neck, making the kiss deeper.

AJ felt his heart start to hammer against his chest as Melicia pulled him down against her. It was as if they were the perfect link. As if God had crafted them specifically for one another. He moaned softly, entangling his hands into her dark locks. "I love you," he whispered when they parted lips for just a moment.

"I love you, too. More than anything," she replied, one of her hands trailing down his chest and rested on his belt buckle.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" AJ asked, overlapping his hand with hers.

"If I wasn't sure, my hand wouldn't be right where it is," she leaned up and kiss him again.

"I just don't want to do anything crazy that you're going to think back on and loathe--"

"I would never loathe doing anything with you. Never, Alex."

"You're really beautiful, you know that?"

"You're more beautiful than me," she smirked.

"No, Baby, I'm more handsome than you. Not beautiful. God, I'd never hear the end of that," AJ groaned, leaning down to kiss her once more. He'd rather take it slow and reap benefits than hurry and loose the spark.

Melicia just grinned, knowing what she said would worry him the next day if she brought it up. Her hand plunged into AJ's growing spikes. "Your hair is getting longer, Alex."

"Do you like it or not?"

"You could have hair down to the floor or be bald and I would like it."

"Bald... I did bald... I kind of liked it..."

"We can talk about going bald tomorrow," she pulled him in for a kiss, crushing his lips against hers.

He allowed the kiss to continue, but felt both of her hands slide down to the buckle. He quickly pulled away, causing her to give a questioning look. "You don't want your first time to be on a couch do you? I mean, my bed is fucking awesome."

Melicia laughed, a littl nervous. "I haven't even seen your room lately. We just end up here every time I come over."

"It's whatever you want, Baby."

"Let's go up to your room," she decided.

"Alright, Baby. I promise that I'll take it slow and we won't do anything that you don't want to do. We're going to let it last all night, Baby. All night, because I love you and you're worth every second," AJ promised, leaning down to brush a kiss on her forehead. He climbed off Melicia's hips and helped her up. She was about to walk towards the stairs when AJ swept her into his arms, causing a squeal to escape her lips.

"It's all about you tonight, Sweetheart," AJ promised, kissing her deeply as they walked up the steps toward an unknown destination.

*~*~*

Ana moaned softly as she heard someone faintly call her name. She slipped deeper into her dreamless slumber until someone grabbed her shoulders. Instantly, Ana's mind flashed with danger from her father's repeated interuptions in her sleep to where he always injured her. She pulled herself quickly from slumber, jumping upward, and leaping over the side of the couch. "Look, Dad! I didn't mean to doze off. I know I'm supposed to be reading... Arthroplasty is surgical correction of a deformed or injured joint. See, got it!" she yelped, struggling to orient herself.

"Honey, it's me. Howie. You fell asleep on the couch."

Ana ran her good hand across her face, waking herself quickly. She opened her eyes to see Howie sitting on the couch in absolute wonder. Ana sighed heavily, leaning against the back of the couch with relief. She really needed to get a grip on things. "Jezz, I'm sorry, Howie."

"There's no need to be sorry. Everyone gets like that once in awhile," Howie gave a simple shrug.

Ana carefully climbed over the back of the couch, plopping back down beside Howie. Trying to forget her outburst, she leaned over and brushed her lips against Howie's lips. "You're going to end up thinking I'm absolutely insane one of these days..." Ana trailed.

"No, I won't. You've seen my friends. I went completely insane years ago," Howie chuckled, kissing her back.

"I'll accept that diagnosis..."

"Hey!" he exclaimed with a smile.

"You opened the door, I just shut it," she replied innocently, leaning back on the end of the couch for support.

"Yeah, I know." Howie crawled over to her end of the couch and sat next to her.

"So, what'd you do while I was sleeping?" she asked as Howie settled next to her, their bodies touching. Ana tried to forget the intensity of the heat exploding against her brain from his mere touch.

"After cleaning up the kitchen I just sat down and watched you sleep," he replied, leaning over to kiss her neck.

"Why'd you watch me sleep?" Ana asked, shying away from the kiss on her neck because it was her most sensitive area.

"Because you looked like an angel."

"I'm far from an angel."

"Well, you look like one sleeping," Howie objected, trying to kiss her neck again. He had a feeling of why she shied away before.

"That tickles!" Ana squealed, trying to cover her neck.

"But you like it," Howie insisted.

"Yeah, I do, but it tickles!"

"Tickles in a laughing way or tickles in another?"

"Say what?" Ana asked, confused.

"Tickles like you want to laugh. Or tickles like it's sending sparks through your body, making you want something else?" Howie explained softly, letting his fingers trace lightly along her bare shoulder. He felt her shiver beneath his touch.

"Both," Ana answered seriously.

"Then you wouldn't mind me doing that tonight?"

"No..." Ana trailed, knowing exactly what he was getting at.

"Are you sure you want to do this tonight? Because we don't have to. We could wait--"

"You were determined to do it before, why are you trying to get out of it tonight?" Ana interrupted with question. She found her mind cloudy with questions about herself from his stalling. Maybe the bruises and broken arm really did bother him. Maybe she wasn't the one he loved. Maybe he just wanted to break it off easily. Maybe she was too young.

"Because I don't want your first time to be something you'll regret. I want to do this more than anything, Ana. I just want to make sure you want to."

"I'm not going to regret it. I've made my decision. I really care for you and love you. Like I said before, I want to share my entire being with you," Ana corrected, still somewhat unsure of his reasoning.

"I love you, too. Always will," Howie leaned in and kissed her deeply.

Ana allowed him to lean against her for the kiss. He brought his hands against her cheeks, gingerly cupping her face. Ana felt her heart beat a little faster as the numbness started to pool away. She finally felt wanted. When they parted for a moment, Ana made sure his body still leaned against her own. "You'll always love me? Even if we have to part?"

"We could be world's apart and I would still love you."

"But if we break--"

"We won't."

"How do you know?"

Howie only smiled and kissed her again. "Because I just do."

"So you think you're going to be my first and last?" she asked with a small smile.

"I don't think that. I know that."

"Oh, really?" Ana asked, wondering if he had even pictured her in a white wedding dress.

"Yeah, really. I can see us... getting married someday."

"Married?" she asked, fearful that he might actually be able to read her mind through the changes in her eyes.

"Yeah. You know, minister, bridesmaids, best man, white wedding dress for you--"

"Hold up, Big Man On Campus, DRESS?"

"Uhh... well, I kind of forgot that you don't like dresses... how about a really nice pair of white pants?"

"How about a white bikini and I'll even go the distance to wear a long sarong with a beach wedding?"

Howie's eyes grew bright as he imagined Ana in that outfit, with him right beside her. "That sounds even better."

"I might even let my curls down," Ana laughed.

"I won't hold my breath on that, though it would be nice," he chuckled, pulling her in for another kiss. He made a bold move and pulled her on top of him.

"Hello!" Ana whistled as their foreheads connected softly. She hadn't expected him to do that. Instead of fighting it, she slipped her arms around his shoulders, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead. Howie leaned forward, kissing her front portion of her neck. Ana's eyes fluttered for a brief moment. "Okay, I'll wear my curls down."

"Good," he smiled against her skin as he continued his kisses, going farther down the front of her neck.

Ana rested her forehead against his, allowing her eyes to drift close. The soft feathery touches from his kisses, sent a tizzy of excitement throughout her entire core. She sighed softly, indulging in the pleasure of having a man love her.

"Are you enjoying this, Baby?" Howie whispered as he stopped kissing and started to suckle on her soft skin.

"More than you probably realize," she breathed softly, allowing her good hand to trace slowly down his back. Continuing his kisses on her neck, Howie sat up and cradled Ana in his arms.

"I love you," Ana whispered softly, almost melting into his arms. Her heart hammered in anticipation, knowing exactly what she was doing. She knew in some part of her heart that her mother would forgive her, because Ana knew she wanted to marry Howie.

"I love you too," he kissed her softly, getting off the couch and walking up to his bedroom.

"Take it slow though, okay? I'm a little scared." Ana reminded when he laid her against the bed, watching Howie immediately pull his shirt away from his body.

"Of course I will. I know you're scared, but I promise I won't hurt you," he replied, climbing onto the bed. He ran a hand through her curls. "I would rather hurt myself than let anything happen to you."

"You're my one and only," Ana whispered, leaning up to kiss him.

"Forever," Howie added, pulling himelf on top of her as they kissed.