- Text Size +
"You didn't do too bad on the waves today, Clicky. There might be hope for you to soar with the best of us," Ana enthused as Melicia handed her a rootbear float and plopped onto the couch with her. Melicia instantly leaned her head against Ana's shoulder, sipping delightfully on her own float. Ana rolled her eyes, noticing Howie and AJ engaging in some kind of ironic conversation in the kitchen. She took a deep breath, taking a long swallow of her own float. No one had said anything more about her broken arm, which she was at least thankful for. "But, I have to say, Clicky. AJ has no hope of being a champ on a board. He better stick to jetskis."

"Yeah, I know," Melicia made a face as she remembered AJ falling down over and over. "He's a better dancer than a surfer. He's going to suffer my teasing for a long time."

"I think he might end up having a bruise on his ass," Ana chuckled.

"You mean his invisible ass," Melicia laughed as she sipped on her float. "And ooh, what a nice one it is."

"I think sex has changed you for the worst, Clicky."

"Nah, it's been nothing but good aftter that," Melicia grinned. "He just brought out a side in me no one has known before."

"Well maybe I should get laid, huh?"

"Are you serious?"

"Do you think I'm serious?"

Melicia bit her lip for a moment. "No, not really."

"You're learning then," Ana answered, bracing her cast against her lean stomach. She slouched into the couch, closing her eyes.

"You getting tired, Banana?"

"Nah, just resting," Ana replied carefully, still keeping her eyes closed. Having her father coming home tomorrow made her restless on top of having almost no sleep from the previous week with him being home. She was destined to crash sooner or later, but refused to let it be sooner.

"Sounds good to me," Melicia yawned a little, resting her head against Ana's shoulder again and closing her eyes.

"You got your ass kicked by the waves," Ana murmured teasingly.

"You're funny," she replied, poking Ana in the side.

"Hey!" Ana shrieked.

"You got your retorts, I got my own little ways. I know where you're ticklish!"

"Only one spot."

"And that's all I need," Melicia poked her side again.

"Okay, get off me!" Ana groaned, weasling herself out from beneath Melicia's body.

"Ah, you're no fun to tickle!" Melicia objected as she fell back onto the couch.

"No touchie," she retorted, sitting down on the opposite couch.

"No touchie right now," Melicia's dark eyes glittered.

"What do you mean right now?"

Melicia shrugged. "Something may come up when you least expect it."

"As long as it comes from my prince charming, fine."

"You have a prince charming already? Who is it? Is it that Pierce dude? C'mon, tell me, tell me, tell me!"

"I didn't say I had a prince charming, I just said that if prince charming might come up--"

"Did I hear you girls talking about me?" AJ spoke up as he came out into the living room.

"Thank God!" Ana breathed with relief.

Melicia didn't hear what Ana said as she got off the couch and tackled AJ. "If you think you're a prince charming..." she leaned down and whispered, "You're right!"

"You can be my princess," AJ answered, leaning up to quickly kiss her.

"Good!" she smiled before getting off the floor. AJ stood up and stretched, yawing loudly.

"Hey, D? I'm taking myself out of the living pool!" AJ called loudly, scratching his stomach. He looked to Melicia, winking. "I'll see you in the morning, alright?"

"Alright. Goodnight, Bone!" Howie called from the kitchen, where he was cleaning up.

"Catch you in a few minutes, Babe?" AJ whispered toward Melicia, kissing her cheek.

"More like 30 seconds," she whispered back, smiling. AJ turned and ran upstairs to her room.

"Don't get caught tonight," Ana warned as Melicia immediately snatched her sweatshirt from the couch. She noticed the eager look in Melicia's eyes and knew exactly how she felt. Ana wanted just as much to be alone with Howie.

"I'll be careful, don't worry." Melicia walked over and kissed Ana's cheek. "Goodnight, chica."

"Night, Clicky," Ana called as Melicia tromped up the stairs as if her life depended on it. Ana rolled her eyes, settling back down on the couch. She leaned her head back, closing her eyes. Somehow, Ana wished she could be as impulsive as Melicia.

"Finally alone again," Howie's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Me or you?" she asked, still not opening her eyes.

"Both of us alone."

"Alone together is what you're implying?"

"That's an oxymoron, isn't it? But yes, that's what I mean."

"They both went to bed," Ana answered, peeking her eyes open finally. She gasped with a smile to find Howie standing right over her. She didn't even realize he had been that close.

"Scare you a bit?" Howie chuckled as he sat down next to her.

"No, for once you didn't."

"Good," he kissed her softly.

Ana couldn't help but smile when they parted. She snuggled against his side, feeling the warmth surrounding her. "How'd you like surfing?"

"It was a lot of fun. Probably helped that your friend Pierce helped me keep balance while AJ fell in all the time."

"Um...I made a deal with Pierce to keep you from falling..." she chuckled.

"Oh, did you, now?" Howie shook his head, laughing. "I should have known. He was acting really nice to me but ignored AJ the whole time."

"Well, I didn't want you to give up on surfing. I want you to come surfing with me sometimes... And it was a hell'uva deal, too," Ana replied with her usual smir.

Howie smiled, kissing her again. "Well, I thank you for doing that-- wait a minute, what kind of deal?"

"Well...it involves strawberries, alcohol, whip cream, chocolate sauce..."

"Hey, that's supposed to be for me!"

"It was the only way for Pierce to watch out for you on the waves!" Ana retorted innocently. "It'll only be for one entire night. No big deal."

"It is too a big deal! I don't want you galavanting with that boy--"

"Galavanting? It's just sex."

"It's just sex? That's all you think it is? Just that?"

Knowing that Howie might actually burst a blood vessel in his brain, Ana quickly straddled his legs. She leaned her arms against the back of the couch, slowly kissing his neck. He continued to rave for only a few seconds more before he succumbed to her soft kisses. "Pierce is just having dinner at my place tomorrow. Nothing extravagant. My Dad just enjoys when Pierce stops over and it saves me a lot of hassles."

"Th-that's all?" Howie stuttered, shivering at Ana's kisses on his neck.

"Alcohol is okay..." Howie whispered as his body started to heat up with passion.

"I don't know why you got so jealous today... As you can see, you're the only one I do this to," Ana murmured against his ear, nibbling gently on the earlobe before returning to his jaw and throat.

"I don't know, I just get protective of the person I love..." Howie wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her tightly against him.

"You're...just...going...to have...to trust...me," she whispered in between kisses delivered to his throat.

"Trust...okay," he whispered.

"I had a lot of fun last night," she told him, stopping her kisses.

"So did I. I'm hoping we'll have more nights of those to come."

"Me, too. I love you."

"I love you too," Howie smiled, pulling her in for a deep kiss.

"On that note," she mumbled when their lips softly parted, "I think it's time to say goodnight."

He sighed, running a hand through her curls. "You're right."

"I'll see you in the morning--"

"I thought you were going to stay in my room again."

"You want me--"

"In my room tonight. Yes, that's what I want."

"But what about AJ being able to--"

"I have something added to my door. He can't get in now."

"When did you do that?" she asked curiously.

"Um..." he bit his lip for a moment, thinking. "A couple of days after you went back home. Thought it would be a good idea since AJ seems to be spending a lot more time over here."

'If only you knew why,' Ana thought ironically. She curled down against him, resting her head against his chest. "Well, at least you'll get sleep now while him and Clicky on the prowl."

"Yeah, I know," he kissed the top of her head, hugging her tightly. "Well, shall we go up on to bed?"

"To sleep?" she asked, helping him up.

"Sleep, talk... whatever you want," he replied, giving her a wink before wrapping an arm around her waist and walking up the stairs.

"What about passionate sex then drifting off into a peaceful slumber?" she teased back.

"I wouldn't say no to that," he grinned, kissing her as they reached the top stairs. "I'll be right back. I'm going to tell Mella goodnight."

"Wait," Ana whined softly, her heart jumping to her throat. She knew Melicia would be dead within seconds if she didn't do something. Impusively, Ana reached out and grabbed Howie by the shirt, pulling him against her. She tightly connected their lips, pushing him carefully into the room, and topping against him on the bed. She smiled seductively as she straddled his hips, already tugging at his shirt. "I want to play. Let her sleep."

Howie's eyes grew wide at her spontanity. "Yes, ma'm."

Ana started to reach for her tank top, sliding off his hips. She sat down on the bed, gently revealing the upper portion of her leaned stomach. "Go lock the door, please."

Howie scrambled out of bed and locked the main lock then the deadbolt he had added higher above the doorknob. He turned around, a sweet smile on his face. "Have I told you lately how beautiful you are?"

"No," Ana answered, somewhat shyly, still having issues with the bruise that was turning different shades against her face.

Howie walked over and sat down next to her on the bed. He cupped her cheek, gently caressing with his thumb. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever met, Ana."

"I highly doubt that. Seeing as how you probably met tons and tons of beautiful singers and models..."

"And NONE of them compare to you. There's a natural beauty about you that I have never seen."

Ana finally managed to look up into his eyes. "You're nothing like any of my guy friends. All I do is mess around with them and slam'em to the ground. But when I look at you... I see something that'll last and all I want to do is tell you everything about me..."

"And someday I hope you can tell me everything."

"You couldn't handle it, though," Ana murmured incoherently.

"What?"

"Nothing, I was asking where I was," Ana replied, fingering the hem of her tank top.

"We don't have to do anything tonight if you don't want to."

"I was the one that pushed you on the bed and started to take off my shirt, I'm pretty sure I want to," Ana assured.

Howie gave her a smile, kissing her again. "I love you."

"I love you, too," she answered, falling down against the bed with him.

*~*~*

"Damn, I'm buying Ana a humongous rock or something," AJ murmured leaning on the Melicia's door, hearing Howie's door shut and lock. He grinned toward Melicia, immediately diving onto the bed. He tackled her and started to kiss her softly.

"I'm thinking we need to buy her that and tons of things for The Beast," Melicia commented between kisses. A small moan escaped her lips as AJ kissed her neck.

"I'll second that, she's just way too good at getting Howie's attention away from us," AJ murmured, loving the way Melicia moaned at his manipulation.

"And I'm going to thank her in the morning," Melicia whispered as her hands trailed under AJ's shirt, running her nails over his warm skin.

"That feels way too good," AJ commented with a shiver.

"Good," she smiled at his response, pulling her hands out and tugging on the hem of his shirt.

"You can't be rough tonight though, I think I permanently hurt my body from surfing," AJ murmured as Melicia removed his shirt. "Did you see Pierce completely ignore me? He was focused on Howie and then Ana!"

"I saw him. I'm sorry, Baby," Melicia cooed as she turned AJ over so she was straddling him. "Do you want me to kiss it and make it better?"

"Yes, please," he whispered faintly, acting as if he were dying. "I don't think I can hold on much longer!"

"Let Nurse Mella take care of you," she whispered, leaning down to deliver soft kisses on his chest. Her long hair brushed against his skin.

AJ quivered from the two different stimulations arising from his skin. Goosebumps appeared on his skin where the hair had fallen, causing him to shiver in delight. Melicia continued her kisses, slowly trailing them upward. AJ thought he might actually lose control if she continued any further. Quickly, he brought her to his lips, kissing her intensely. He smiled against her lips, "I love you, Babe."

"I love you too," she smiled back, leaning down to nibble on his ear.

"I'm thinking we might have to tell your uncle about us sooner or later though, because it might look a little funny when I hit my knee at your graduation party..."

"You're proposing at my grad party?" Melicia squealed.

"I was considering it. I have a few dates in my mind..."

"Like when?" she laid herself on top of him, her chin resting on his chest.

"I can't tell, I actually want you to be surprised!"

"You already told me one day you had in mind!"

"That was just a suggestion."

"You'll love it, Babe, I promise."

"I know I will..." she bit her lip nervoulsy. "AJ?"

"What?"

"When we do tell Uncle Howie about us... he won't freak out, will he?"

"I don't know the answer to that question."

"You won't stop seeing me if he does, will you?"

"Nah, I'll just have to kick his ass till he gives."

Melicia laughed, hugging him tightly. "I love you, Pancake."

"Love you, too, Syrup."

She let go, sitting back on his hips again. Her nails traced lightly over his bare chest. "Now, I did start undressing you... should I continue?"

"Would you like to continue?"

Melicia's hands trailed down to the elastic band of his shorts, going along the fabric with a smile on her face. Without warning, she plunged them inside. "Does that answer your question?"

*~*~*

Howie, Melicia, and AJ rolled in a fit of laughter as they watched Ana dance around with her cowboy hat low on her head. They were hanging out on the patio in bathing suits after lazily swimming about the water and Ana jumped into one of her moods. She swung her hips provocatively, then without any hesitation started into some pelvic thrusts. Melicia had to hold her breath to keep from hiccuping, because Ana was acting just like AJ did on the stage. As she started her male type of dancing, she began to sing Kid Rock's 'Cowboy.' "Cowboy...cowboy... Well I'm packing up my game and I'm a head out west. Where real women come equipped with scripts and fake breasts. Find a nest in the hills chill like Flynt. Buy an old droptop find a spot to pimp. And I'm a Kid Rock it up and down your block. With a bottle of scotch and watch lots of crotch. Buy yacht with a flag sayin' chillin' the most. Then rock that bitch up and down the coast."

"Oh my God, I think I'm going to puke from laughing!" AJ exclaimed as he held his firm stomach.

"Okay, I'll stop!" Ana declared with a chirp, causing Melicia to tilt her head in confusion. Ana shrugged her lean shoulders, sitting back down with the group. "For my graduation party, I'm renting out this huge kareoke joint downtown. Practically everyone will be there...then Pierce, Dom, Andy, Ty got cocky saying that I've missed a lot of school and they don't think I'm close to get Valedictorian, but they have no idea how I've been acing all the tests at home. So, we came to a bet. If I make Valedictorian, then they're going to dress up in drag at my graduation party and sing 'In His Kiss' to me. And I came out saying that if I don't make Valedictorian, that I'll jump up and rap complete with grabbing my crotch and pelvic thrusting..."

"I'm praying that you make Valeictorian, chica. Because I don't know if I could take seeing you act like AJ!" Melicia blurted, wiping away the tears from laughing so much.

"I might end up jumping on the stage and doing it anyway. I think it's fun, plus Pierce will end up making me by the end of the night anyway. He's got too much dirt on me," Ana replied, smirking at their obvious approval.

"Both of our graduation parties are definitely going to be interesting," Melicia agreed.

"What are you doing for yours?" Ana asked curiously as AJ choked a little on his soda.

"Well, I had been kind of thinking of having it out on the beach in the backyard... you know, so everyone can swim and play volleyball and stuff. For the people who don't wanna swim the ocean, we have the pool. I just think that by adding you and the rest of the Backstreet Boys... it would be interesting."

"That'll be pretty sweet. The guys at school will dig it."

"I thought so, too," Melicia looked over and saw the look she was getting from AJ.

"When I say guys, I mean girls and guys," Ana quickly saved, noticing the look. "Clicky hangs out with the girls a lot. Gives'em tips about hairs and clothes... You know, the whole female bonding perspective."

"The kind Ana has a hard time with. Right, GIRLY?" Melicia teased, carefully reaching under the table and massaging AJ's knee.

"Yes, DUDE," Ana replied, settling back into her own chair. She stretched her arms, accidently hitting Howie's bare shoulder. She smiled impishly at him. "Plus, the girls will probably skitzing about the whole Backstreet appearance at the party... They'll love you forever... And I'll be surfing the waves to get away from the drool."

"Ugh, you had to remind me about that..." Melicia frowned playfully. "It's going to be like the Ninth Ring of Hell."

"Yeah, no kidding... Nick's going to get killed by the mob of girls. Something Howie had personal experience of. Right, D?"

"Hmm?" Howie asked, more concentrating on Ana's touch than the words spoken.

"You feeling alright, man?"

"Yeah, why?"

AJ shrugged, smirking. "I don't know. You're acting weird... more than usual."

"Maybe I'm just tired," Howie rolled his eyes, looking at his watch. "After all, it's almost 3."

Ana glanced at Howie in absolute confusion, hearing her cell phone chirp on the table. She reached over and picked it up, immediately Pierce started speaking, "Jezz, Surf, I'm already over at your house waiting for you. And you're no where in sight. Your Dad just called the phone, asking for you, he'll be home in fifteen tops. I told him you were in the shower and that I was spending the evening. He seemed pretty enthused that I was here, asking if we had anything to tell him. I said nothing out of the ordinary, he said he'd talk to you about something after I left. But I know how you like to look perfect for your Dad, so you better get here fast, chicky."

"Shit, Pier, you're dressed nice, right?" Ana blurted, standing up from the table.

"Of course, I always do when I come over," Pierce replied. "Just hurry and get your ass over here before he gets home."

"Thank God for Pier," Ana mumbled to herself, clicking off her phone and pushing it into the back pocket of her jean shorts. She turned around to see the three staring at her oddly. "I... I gotta go. Dad's coming home early and he's taking us out somewhere nice. He hates to wait..."

"Oh, alright..." Melicia frowned a little, standing up. "Do you have everything all packed? Or do you want me to do that while you run home? I could just drop it off before your dad gets home."

"I had it packed last night... I'll just grab it, you don't have to come over. Sorry about rushing out and everything," Ana answered, leaning over to give Melicia a quick hug.

"It's okay, don't worry about it," Melicia kissed her cheek. "See you at school tomorrow?"

"If I'm lucky," she murmured, turning around, but her eyes connected with her surf board. She groaned openly, immediately turning to Howie. "Do you mind if I keep the board here till tomorrow? Because I have to clean it before I put it back in storage and my dad will shoot me if he sees it."

"No problem, Ana. Just come over whenever you can, I should be here." something about the phone call and how Ana was acting made Howie a little suspicous.

"You guys are freaking gems. Check you later!" Ana called running into the house with a burst of energy. She climbed the steps with great leaps between steps, snatching her backpack off the guest room bed. She then hurried down the steps, clearing the last five with a jump, landing gracefully. After only about a minute, the group heard the front door close.

"That was the fastest I've ever seen a human being leave a house in my life," AJ muttered in awe.

"Why would her dad care about the surf board? I mean, honestly? Shoot her for having a surf board that her mother gave her?" Howie countered in confusion, not liking the signals being presented.

Melicia shrugged helplessly. "Maybe she just meant it as figurtively speaking."

"She sounded pretty serious to me," AJ blurted.

"You actually think her dad would do something to hurt her?" Howie asked.

"AJ's just overreacting," Melicia replied, glaring at AJ.

"Am I? It all makes sense if you--"

"AJ, shut up. You have no idea what you're talking about," Melicia stressed.

"Don't tell me to shut up, Melicia."

"You have no idea what kind of guy her father is like! Pierce had nothing but good things to say about him yesterday!"

"You know what? You're right. I never have any idea about anything around here," AJ stood up from his chair. He looked over at Howie. "Listen, I'm getting tired... I'm just gonna head home. I'll call you later, D."

"AJ, don't do that," Melicia groaned.

"I'm not doing anything that I don't know about, Mel," he gave Howie a wave before walking back inside the house. "See you later."

"Excuse me, Uncle Howie," Melicia blurted, immediately jumping up. She followed AJ to the front of the house, grabbing him before he could step toward the driveway. "You promised me that you weren't going to tell Uncle Howie, Alex!"

"I can't keep this secret anymore, Mel! Can't you see that someday soon Ana's dad is going to totally snap and REALLY hurt her?! I don't want to be responsible for that!"

"She's just fine. She has Pierce over there tonight," Melicia answered shakily.

"And what's going to happen after he leaves? Pierce can't live at Ana's and you know that. Do you really think Ana will be at school tomorrow? Because pretty soon, if you don't tell someone, she won't be around to graduate."

"Ana said she'll be at school."

"Ana says a lot of things that aren't true."

"It's not her fault."

"I didn't say it was. But it will both of our faults and Ana's if something really bad happens to her. Do you want that on your conscience, too?"

"Uncle Howie's going to blow it out of proportion. Ana hasn't even told me that it was her dad that did it."

AJ growled in frustration, throwing his hands up in defeat. "You deal with it the way you want to, Mel. And I'll deal with it the way I want to." he turned around and headed for his car.

"And how are you going to deal with it!" Melicia shouted.

"The right way!" he shouted back.

Melicia ran down to him, grabbing his hand yet again. AJ groaned as she pulled him to face her once more. She was about to speak, but a sleek black limo pulled up in front of the Lord Residence. A tall, beefy man was let out of the back with a black leather briefcase. He was dressed in a perfectly tailored suit, perfectly combed hair, perfect every thing. Melicia felt terror grip her insides as she listened to him curse loudly while lumbering toward his home.

AJ's eyes grew wide as they watched him open the door and slam it shut. "THAT'S her dad?"

"So, did you think you were going to go over there and handle things?" Melicia asked fearfully, biting down on her bottom lip. One half-hearted punch from a man that size would render anyone unconscious.

"The only people who could handle that would be the police... no wonder Ana was so beat up. That bastard..." AJ trailed off, pulling Melicia close to him. He could feel her trembling.

"Alex, just come back inside, please?"

He looked down and saw tears in her eyes. Sighing heavily, he softly kissed her forehead. "Alright."

"I just didn't want Uncle Howie to know...but maybe we should? I just don't know what to do anymore..."

"I think we may have to talk to him, Mella. Because this can't go on anymore."

"Do you think he'll be mad at me for keeping it a secret?"

"Maybe at first, but he'll be happy that you told him in the end."

"Ana's going to hate me."

"She's not going to hate you for saving her, Baby."

"Do we have to tell him now?"

"How about if Ana doesn't come to school tomorrow, we tell him?"

"And if she goes?"

"We'll talk about that tomorrow."

"Come and eat dinner with me and Uncle Howie?"

"You know I can't say no to you," he leaned down and kissed her. "I'm sorry I yelled at you."

"Let's just forget about our argument, okay?" he took her hand and walked towards the house.