- Text Size +
Meranda walked down the road, silent tears rolling down her cheeks. She couldn’t handle this, no matter what they said that a mother can handle anything but she knew that she couldn’t handle this.
“ Meranda Hunt?” She heard a female voice ask. Meranda stopped and looked at the woman.
“ Yes I am.” Meranda said looking at the woman. She looked familiar and she didn’t know why she had seen her before. Suddenly the woman standing in front of her reached out and struck her hard across the face. Meranda stumbled backwards bringing her hand up on her now wounded face.
“ You’re the reason he wouldn’t commit to me. You’re the bitch that his heart always belonged to. You’re the reason that he would never tell me he loved me.”
“ You’re the reason that he ended up in rehab.” Meranda growled standing up. “ What’s the matter Sarah couldn’t handle the ghosts from his past?”
“ I could handle Amanda just fine but it was you I was having problems with. He always talked about you. Even kept a picture of you in his wallet. Now you bring a child into his life.”
“ You knew about Gracie, she was always having me send him cards. The last one that was sent had her picture.”
“ Yes I know I saw it. If nothing else I will give credit Alex helps produce beautiful children. I wanted that with him. I kept throwing out things that came from you, keeping you out of his heart.”
“ Kind of hard to keep the love of his life out of his heart. I saw his shows. Even went to a few Johnny No Name shows when he was doing that. I always made sure that I saw him. Even brought Gracie. She knows who her father is and now he knows his little girl.”
“ But you waited till she was dying to tell him that he even had one. What couldn’t handle loosing her without having Alex.”
“ Alex hasn’t been with you since he left rehab the last time. You caused him to start drinking again when you told him he should move away from his mother and his friends.” Meranda said to her. Sarah just laughed, and took another step forward hitting Meranda again.
“ Bitch here is the deal, you and your daughter die and leave Alex alone and I get to pick up the pieces of his broken life.”
“ And if my daughter and I live. Remember she’s being treated right now at one of the best hospitals in Florida. And how exactly are you getting me out of the way? I am perfectly healthy.”
“ Not for long.” Sarah hissed swinging the bat she had been hiding. Meranda brought up her arm to deflect the blow and heard her arm break. Screaming in pain she clutched her broken arm to her chest. Sarah looked around, she knew the minuet Meranda screamed in pain someone would be coming. Taking one last swing she heard another bone break and then dropped the board. Meranda slowly made her way to her feet and painfully made her way back to the hospital, she knew her entire right arm was broken. That last blow Sarah had done broke the shoulder. Meranda made her way threw the front doors and then passed out on the floor. Brian and Kevin had seen her coming and then saw her collapse to the floor.
“ Randy?” Brian ran to his friend’s side. Blood ran from Meranda’s mouth, he could tell she had split her lip.
“ We need some help here.” Kevin shouted down the hall. A doctor came running with a nurse. Seeing Meranda’s fallen form he told the nurse to grab a gurney.
“ I’ll go get Alex.” Kevin said running down the hall towards the cafeteria.