- Text Size +
AJ looked at Meranda while she lay on her bed, her eyes focusing on the far wall away from his site.
“ Baby talk to me.” AJ said moving towards her. Meranda turned her eyes to him and smiled a bit.
“ About what?’ She asked him.
“ Who did this?”
“ Take a shot in the dark.”
“ Sarah?”
“ Give the boy a cookie.” She said sarcastically.
“ Baby, god I’m sorry. That woman is the last thing on my mind. Baby I never expected her to do something like that.”
“ I know she just kept telling me that I was what kept her from you, from you being able to love her with you entire heart.”
“ I couldn’t love her and now after all she’s done I will never let her come near you again.”
“ Alex how is Gracie?”
“ Resting, the medication made her sick. They came while you where sleeping and took her for another treatment.”
“ Our little girl is dying isn’t she?”
“ Yeah she is.” AJ said sitting down on Meranda’s bed and pulling her into his arms. Meranda rested her head against his chest as best she could.
“ I need to stay strong for our little girl.”
“ No you don’t let her see what you are, human.” AJ said running his fingers threw her hair.
“ Alex, she’s dying and there’s nothing I can do to stop it. I always told her mommy would protect her from the monsters but I can’t protect her now.”
“ You can protect her as best you can. Just remember we are here for her. And if she does leave us she will still be watching over us. Randy my love please believe me when I say I am sorry for everything I’ve done.”
“ Alex I am the one that left you. The one that kept your daughter from you and now you could lose her forever.”
“ But I’ve had her for a short time and that’s all that matters.” AJ said feeling Meranda start to cry. He looked over her shoulder towards the bed where the small child was sleeping. Gracie’s face was paler than it had been when he had come there two days before. He knew she was losing her battle but he wasn’t willing to give up on her just yet. He didn’t want to give up on that little angel. AJ reached over and touched Meranda’s cheek and whipped the tears away.
“ She will be our angel forever.” AJ said.
“ Yeah she will be.” Meranda said snuggling up closer to him. She was tired again and finally she fell asleep in his arms. AJ ran his fingers threw her hair and finally looked around the silent room. He smiled and closed his eyes and he too drifted off to sleep.


“ They are sleeping.” Nick said pulling the door closed.
“ They need it, all of them. I am going to speak to the doctor.” Denise said heading down the hall. Kevin stood near the door, taking the roll of father he looked at his younger brothers seeing each of their pain and sadness for the little girl just beyond the door he stood in front of.
“ Guys how about we perk up her spirits with a song?” Kevin suggested.
“ Like what? AJ isn’t really in a singing mood.” Brian pointed out.
“ We’ve sang without him before we can do it again.” Kevin said looking at them.
“ But what? I don’t even know what song would make them happy? Nick you got any suggestions?”
“ Nope but give me time I will think of something.” Nick said with a sly smile.