- Text Size +
AJ stepped into the hall to find Meranda talking to the doctor again. He hated seeing her so upset but at least she was finally facing the truth that their angel was dying. And no matter what they did they couldn’t stop it. Nick had surprised them a week before by entering the hotel room and began singing for them. Gracie was so happy to have him there and her favorite song off of Nick’s very own album. It had lifted their spirits and helped them cope with what was going to happen. AJ had told them to carry on and not to let this end their lives. Brian had returned to his wife and young son, Kevin had returned to his wife. Howie came and went daily as he worked on a few fundraisers for his foundation. Nick wasn’t far away no matter how much Meranda and AJ told him to go home. Nick had been in Gracie’s life since day one and this illness was hitting him harder than anyone of the other boys. AJ walked over and put his arms around Meranda.
“ She’s only got a matter of time.” The doctor said looking at them.
“ She’s talking and everything.” AJ said looking at him strangely.
“ Yes I know, but that’s usually when they are at their worst.” The doctor said. Meranda leaned back against AJ and sighed.
“ I know.” Meranda said heading back into the room. AJ sat down outside the room, he wasn’t sure what to do. He sighed and did the one thing he hadn’t done in a long time he headed for the chapel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ Meranda wake up.” AJ said some haste in his voice. Meranda moaned but never opened her eyes. He looked towards their daughter and watched as the doctor and nurse hurried to put a tube down the child’s throat to help her breath. He had only gone to the chapel to pray he never expected that his prayer would cause this. He knew that him praying wasn’t the reason that he was watching his daughter suffer but he wanted something to blame it on.
“ Why isn’t Randy waking up?”
“ We sedated her. She was having a panic attack when we came in here during the code blue.”
“ I need to call my mother.” AJ said running a shaky hand threw his hair. The doctor nodded and left AJ alone with his daughter and girl. AJ reached over and picked up the phone and dialed his mother’s number.
“ Ma.” AJ said chocking back a sob.
“ What’s the matter?”
“ Soon ma, I’ll be losing her soon.”
“ Oh baby, I’ll be right there. Do you want me to call the others?”
“ Yes please.” AJ said finally letting the tears roll down his cheeks.
“ Honey we will be there with you. Randy said she was going to put a Christmas tree in the room did she?”
“ Yeah it’s here. Ma, Christmas is just two days away. My baby isn’t going to see Christmas.”
“ She will hold out she wants to be with you.”
“ They put her on a breathing machine.” AJ said crying.
“ Baby I will be there soon. I love you.”
“ I love you to ma.” AJ said hanging up the phone.